Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I’ve noticed this. He rarely answers the interviewer’s question, he just rambles a lot of broken English that doesn’t make much sense. He’s incredibly rude about the opposition as well but because he says it with a smile on his face no one cares.
His English is far from broken

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I think ranting about the opposition approach is a rite of passage for every manager. Wenger, Mourinho, Pep, Klopp, they've all had their moments. Even our beloved SAF has had a few I'm sure :D

cyberman

Not really the point.
I think we are progressing (somewhat), I'm just pointing out that its not just a case of Pool and City being below their usual insane standards. Liverpool haven't been playing well for some time irrespective of those standards. And we are not near the standards we want/need to be at yet.
Theres nothing usual about Liverpools standards over the last 2 seasons. Like City they were always going to drop off since its insanely unsustainable.
Hell City havent been a runaway side for a while now. This sort of is their level now.
Its really hard to judge where any side is right now tbh.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Theres nothing usual about Liverpools standards over the last 2 seasons. Like City they were always going to drop off since its insanely unsustainable.
Hell City havent been a runaway side for a while now. This sort of is their level now.
Missing the point, I said they are not playing well irrespective of those standards.

cyberman

Missing the point, I said they are not playing well irrespective of those standards.
And I said its hard to judge where any side is at during all of this! What should the standard be in this madness?
Id even argue attacking wise they are playing as well as they always had. They just dont have the defence that means 1 goal is a win, even when VVD was fit.
Its just less machine like. There isnt much difference in overall performances imo, just in moments that had opposition miss sitter after sitter last year against them is now going in.

dev1l

This is from last week but some say that the rumours may be starting to effect the harmony within the dressing room

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
It really is, we're a third of the way into the season and a mere 6 points separate 1st and 9th place. I could be wrong, but I can't recall it ever being this close. I don't know if the league has weakened overall or gotten stronger. It's hard to say.

One thing we do know is United look as strong as anyone in the league as of this moment. If it wasn't for the below-par start we made to the season, not to mention the Spurs embarrassment, we'd be top of the table right now.

renandstimpyfan83

Supports
Real Oviedo/England
Even when he was touted as our potential manager and I was all for it, I still found everything about him repulsive.
You’d love him if he was United manager. Just try looking at Fergie without the red tinted glasses and you’ll see they’re actually pretty similar.

vanrooney

You’d love him if he was United manager. Just try looking at Fergie without the red tinted glasses and you’ll see they’re actually pretty similar.
yeah, i also think he is quite similar in press conferences. always redirect attention to something else (ref, negative tactics of oppo etc) after a defeat, draw and even after a win stress some points to have control over the media topics. i am very happy with ole and he handels the media also well imo but thats a point he could improve. for example after the wolves game he should have stressed the (imo correctly) not given penalty. saf would have done so.

PINGUtd

"If life gives you lemons, you go into the post-match interview and complain that it didn't give you the lemons at the right time, the lemons were too yellow, the peel was too thick, and you actually wanted an orange."
I wanted Fanta but there was nothing but Sprite to choose from.

tenpoless

He's trying to be wise and philosophical but he will never be as good as Brendan. They may have the same dentist but Brendan is a way better manager and human being.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Considering that it wasn't until our first double that I started to warn to SAF, I doubt very much that I would love him, no.

I remember seeing some post CL match inviews when he was still at Dortmund and thinking how repulsive he was, even then.

Chief123

Drew against WBA and Newcastle. Surely, his tactics need to be questioned as they're struggling to beat low blocks :angel:.

These results highlight that in football, weird results happen and one doesn't always need to have a fecking meltdown when we draw/lose a game
And Brighton and Fulham.

Steve Bruce

Working so hard? You mean the years leading up to last season I hope? Last season we had to work until New Year before it was obvious that we'd win the league.

Stats without context don't really say anything. For (I think) more than a third of those games we were already champions and didn't have anything to play for while Utd needed every point for their top 4 race last season.

Of course it does show that we've regressed after our great start to last season and that you've improved. At least points wise, I still don't think you play well enough to sustain a season-long title race, but it might not be necessary either if we keep throwing points away to relegation candidates.
If I remember correctly you lost 2 & drew 1 after you won the league.

Can't remember who you drew, but you lost to city, which could have happened anyway & you lost to arsenal who rode their luck.

I don't think results would have been much different if you didn't have the league won. In the run up to your 3-0 hammering by watford, you could see you where running on empty & a defeat was coming.

In around that time you also got knocked out of the champions league & fa Cup. Your form wasn't great anyway.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Quite the cry baby isn’t he. Moans about teams playing counter against them yet that very tactic took him to his first 2 CL finals with Dortmund & Liverpool. Hypocrite.

Jonno

Working so hard? You mean the years leading up to last season I hope? Last season we had to work until New Year before it was obvious that we'd win the league.

Stats without context don't really say anything. For (I think) more than a third of those games we were already champions and didn't have anything to play for while Utd needed every point for their top 4 race last season.

Of course it does show that we've regressed after our great start to last season and that you've improved. At least points wise, I still don't think you play well enough to sustain a season-long title race, but it might not be necessary either if we keep throwing points away to relegation candidates.
Exactly that my friend. 2-3 years of effort has taken its toll. You look a little burnt out and I suspect this current team is coming to the end of its cycle.

Cassidy

And I said its hard to judge where any side is at during all of this! What should the standard be in this madness?
Id even argue attacking wise they are playing as well as they always had. They just dont have the defence that means 1 goal is a win, even when VVD was fit.
Its just less machine like. There isnt much difference in overall performances imo, just in moments that had opposition miss sitter after sitter last year against them is now going in.
Attacking wise they are not playing as well. Defensively they are not as good but the decline started before the madness of covid19

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
The balls on this guy to complain about players going down when he has Mane and Salah in his team.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Leeds and Sheff United too.

What i've noticed is the narrow wins you got last season just aren't happening as much this year. Its expected after working so hard to become Champions.
You get a bit of fortune on the way to a title. You've had some yourselves this season.

I did expect a drop off from us. It's not normal for a Premier League side to get more than 90 points for three consecutive seasons so this is what was expected.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Why did he bring Shaqiri on in the 90th minute? Never understood why managers make changes that late if a game is still being chased.

Klopp hesitates too much with subs sometimes. Jones for Shaqiri or Chamberlain should’ve happened at half time.
There are pointless subs and then there’s whatever that was. Gini did well when he came on but when you have Ox and Shaqiri not to mention Thiago sat there what’s the point? Jones has been run in to the ground this month and Phillips and Williams are costing us games. They’re young players who aren’t good enough so can’t really be blamed.

Salah and Mane are worrying at the moment. I genuinely thought it was nothing but I can swear there’s been occasions for both of them to try and play each other directly in on goal and they’ve chose different choices and the move peters out. Unfortunately they’re not really receiving the ball in great positions either.

A CB is a must and getting Jota back will help but I think we genuinely need to consider a more attacking approach because we haven’t got the side to see a result out any more. We need to start killing teams off and we do have a lot of really good attackers as depth.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Klopp is a pathetic bully all grown up but with no respect for anyone who does not lay down before him.

This is who he is, his true nature.

cyberman

Attacking wise they are not playing as well. Defensively they are not as good but the decline started before the madness of covid19
Looking back at their results last season, I cant agree.
The entire run before Christmas was winning tight games and getting goals out of thin air to snatch wins, sort of like we did v Wolves but through 10 odd games.
Southampton away, Spurs away are 2 games they were arguably second best in and those 2 teams missed sitters in the last minute to get a draw. Chelsea missed 2 glorious chances in the final minutes to get draw, Palace away where Palace pegged them back, got a late equaliser only to see a mad pin ball moment in the box that falls to Firminho. The mis hit cross that fell to them in their draw v us when they rarely threatened, Sheff Utd away where they couldnt get a shot on target and scored from a Henderson howler.
95th min pen v Leicester when they deserved a draw. Villa way where they again second best and 2 somehow late goals got them the win. Hanging on with 10 men at hone to Brighton.
Theres little difference between those games and now, they just arent getting that last min goal and the opposition arent missing that glaring chance that gets them away with it. Their games are still oddly even, they arent controlling games to any sort of level

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Klopp is a pathetic bully all grown up but with no respect for anyone who does not lay down before him.

This is who he is, his true nature.

He's gonna lose it one day.

Be anywhere else when he does.

Trequarista10

He’s incredibly rude about the opposition as well but because he says it with a smile on his face no one cares.
This. I first noticed it when Liverpool played against Exeter City, who I follow a bit as I lived there for a few years, and he made a few sarcastic, mocking comments which were so out of place and classless. Really really annoyed me at the time but the press lapped it up. I liked Jurgen before then and was a bit of a fanboy when he was at Dortmund, but since that moment my perception of him changed.

Jonno

You get a bit of fortune on the way to a title. You've had some yourselves this season.

I did expect a drop off from us. It's not normal for a Premier League side to get more than 90 points for three consecutive seasons so this is what was expected.
I said the same and got slaughtered by lots of my Liverpool mates and by a few on here.

You can clearly see Klopp has these 5-7 year stretches and he's coming to the latter stages.

Cassidy

Looking back at their results last season, I cant agree.
The entire run before Christmas was winning tight games and getting goals out of thin air to snatch wins, sort of like we did v Wolves but through 10 odd games.
Southampton away, Spurs away are 2 games they were arguably second best in and those 2 teams missed sitters in the last minute to get a draw. Chelsea missed 2 glorious chances in the final minutes to get draw, Palace away where Palace pegged them back, got a late equaliser only to see a mad pin ball moment in the box that falls to Firminho. The mis hit cross that fell to them in their draw v us when they rarely threatened, Sheff Utd away where they couldnt get a shot on target and scored from a Henderson howler.
95th min pen v Leicester when they deserved a draw. Villa way where they again second best and 2 somehow late goals got them the win. Hanging on with 10 men at hone to Brighton.
Theres little difference between those games and now, they just arent getting that last min goal and the opposition arent missing that glaring chance that gets them away with it. Their games are still oddly even, they arent controlling games to any sort of level
We’ll have to agree to disagree on that one

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I said the same and got slaughtered by lots of my Liverpool mates and by a few on here.

You can clearly see Klopp has these 5-7 year stretches and he's coming to the latter stages.
You implied that we were going to have a Dortmund style meltdown. We have a better squad than they did and we're still in a healthy position. Just hit a bit of a slump in the last few games.

It's hard to see us drop points like last night because of how high the standards have been in the last two seasons but I have to keep reminding myself that those seasons aren't a regular occurrence.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Probably we should wait until they're not still top of the league before saying their time is almost over! As much as we'd all love it to happen.

ReddBalls

I am very happy with ole and he handels the media also well imo but thats a point he could improve. for example after the wolves game he should have stressed the (imo correctly) not given penalty. saf would have done so.
He did.