Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Crustanoid

We have had feck all from referees all season. The Palace “penalty”, the fact that de Gea saved a penalty that had to be retaken for (?) some reason, the fact that they literally changed the penalty rule after we had been stitched up with It.

We have had shit luck with referees for a few years now. Nothing to do with Klopp.
Yeah it’s not down to the goofy paranoid one- he’s now fully on the Rafa train to insanity.

The refs have held back decisions for us for decades

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
What? I just don’t think it’s anything special.
Not taking into account circumstances or league positions, it's the most interesting club football game in Europe besides Real-Barca.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
What are your thoughts on Sunday @RobinLFC @B20 @Cheech Wizard @Dumbstar ?

Obviously a loss in our current form would be a huge blow to any hopes we have of retaining it. Even if United fall away, City will smell blood.

Feels like we need to win just to drag ourselves out of this bad run we’re in. Matip is 50/50 on making it which would help. A midfield three of Wijnaldum, Henderson and Thiago sounds right. The rest pick themselves.

Given it’s at Anfield I’m feeling optimistic that we’ll win. United are beatable and have struggled against the traditional big six sides, and we’ve been incredibly strong at Anfield for so long. We can’t afford to start slowly like we did against Southampton.
I am nervous obviously as we couldn't beat any pub team right now. We seem to have gone into mental blackout after scoring 196 points in two seasons.

Player for player (PL winners and CL winners all over) we should thrash this Utd team that struggles against any half decent oppos as they haven't beaten any top six side yet and were thoroughly, thoroughly outclassed by a half functioning City in the cup. We never used to start games slowly so I don't know what Klopp is going to do to return to that. If he succeeds then thankfully it won't be a nail biting match for 90 minutes despite there being penalty controversies in both penalty areas (as per usual I suppose).

Utd will go heavily defensive if Martial is now ruled out. Let us have possession and try to catch us with Rashford's pace at Anfield. Thiago will need to keep the overused Pogba and Bruno chasing shadows while Fred and McT are occupied with Firmino and Henderson or making up numbers on the bus. It's up to TAA to find his form and Salah/Mane to remember how to shoot. If our players don't wake up out of this malaise after being dumped into 2nd then might as well just hand City the title now and save anyone else from getting Covid.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
I am nervous obviously as we couldn't beat any pub team right now. We seem to have gone into mental blackout after scoring 196 points in two seasons.

Player for player (PL winners and CL winners all over) we should thrash this Utd team that struggles against any half decent oppos as they haven't beaten any top six side yet and were thoroughly, thoroughly outclassed by a half functioning City in the cup. We never used to start games slowly so I don't know what Klopp is going to do to return to that. If he succeeds then thankfully it won't be a nail biting match for 90 minutes despite there being penalty controversies in both penalty areas (as per usual I suppose)
We should lie down and die for these bigheads. :D

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Utd will go heavily defensive if Martial is now ruled out. Let us have possession and try to catch us with Rashford's pace at Anfield. Thiago will need to keep the overused Pogba and Bruno chasing shadows while Fred and McT are occupied with Firmino and Henderson or making up numbers on the bus. It's up to TAA to find his form and Salah/Mane to remember how to shoot. If our players don't wake up out of this malaise after being dumped into 2nd then might as well just hand City the title now and save anyone else from getting Covid.
I could see that happening too but it'd just be ridiculous at this point. Stick on any tape from our games over the past two months or so and a child could see that we're beatable if you dare to attack us.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
I could see that happening too but it'd just be ridiculous at this point. Stick on any tape from our games over the past two months or so and a child could see that we're beatable if you dare to attack us.
With two slow midfielders as cb’s, it would make perfect sense for them to sit back and hit us on the counter.

I rarely watch them, but aren’t they mostly a counter attacking team anyway?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Liverpool are obviously favorites for the game on Sunday given their record there. Would be satisfied if we can get a point and maintain the gap. Would be a blow to their confidence and season as a whole too.

amolbhatia50k

We won't park the bus like Jose did but we'll try to hit you on the counter, as we always play against City or Liverpool under Ole. We will also use Mctominay and Fred to disrupt the game and get a foothold ourselves for Bruno and the attack to have their own moments.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
With two slow midfielders as cb’s, it would make perfect sense for them to sit back and hit us on the counter.

I rarely watch them, but aren’t they mostly a counter attacking team anyway?
That would just invite pressure from us though, and I don't think they're good enough defensively to keep us out all game. It's a risky strategy imo, but could indeed see that they don't dare to make it an open game (would be great to watch though).

And no idea what their playing style is. The only game I saw this season was the semi against City were they were good to watch in the first half but atrocious in the second half. Their results suggest that they're on a great run without necessarily playing great football / overclassing opponents, but rather grinding out wins. Not sure that it's actually true though.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
We won't park the bus like Jose did but we'll try to hit you on the counter, as we always play against City or Liverpool under Ole. We will also use Mctominay and Fred to disrupt the game and get a foothold ourselves for Bruno and the attack to have their own moments.
I've seen a lot of people say that Matic should start, surely you won't have Fred, McTominay and Matic playing?

Rashford should have a field day regardless of who plays CB for us, with the pace he has on him.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
might as well just hand City the title now
Is this just because you can't contemplate the thought of United winning the title, or a WUM, or you just genuinely don't believe we have any chance whatsoever?

I mean, even most United fans think we're most likely to fall just short, but being top now from a run of 9 wins and 2 draws, surely that warrants at least a mention, no?

amolbhatia50k

I've seen a lot of people say that Matic should start, surely you won't have Fred, McTominay and Matic playing?

Rashford should have a field day regardless of who plays CB for us, with the pace he has on him.
No chance. It'll be Fred, Mctominay and Bruno. IMO it's one of the reasons Matic played last night.

Rashford could do well but it depends on the service.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Their results suggest that they're on a great run without necessarily playing great football / overclassing opponents, but rather grinding out wins. Not sure that it's actually true though.
Its not a million miles away from the truth. We are still not at that level where we just outplay opponents for 85 minutes, but we frequently put together 20 minutes spells where we can be quite devastating, and you should always be wary of any team that can grind out wins with the consistency that we are.

I couldn't say I'm confident of a United win on Sunday, but then again I wouldn't be at all surprised if we did.

amolbhatia50k

Their results suggest that they're on a great run without necessarily playing great football / overclassing opponents, but rather grinding out wins. Not sure that it's actually true though.
It's the case with everyone this year isnt it? It's true that we aren't playing top class football. But this year, it appears you dont need to to contend.

manutdrphenomenal

That would just invite pressure from us though, and I don't think they're good enough defensively to keep us out all game. It's a risky strategy imo, but could indeed see that they don't dare to make it an open game (would be great to watch though).

And no idea what their playing style is. The only game I saw this season was the semi against City were they were good to watch in the first half but atrocious in the second half. Their results suggest that they're on a great run without necessarily playing great football / overclassing opponents, but rather grinding out wins. Not sure that it's actually true though.
aside from last few games it is true that we haven’t played well. Been a team of moments to win all those games. But we have started playing well. Like yesterday night 2nd half we dominated.

against City most suggest they played so, so much better than us but in my opinion we made a defensive mistake for their first goal. It was a game of getting the first goal.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
It's the case with everyone this year isnt it? It's true that we aren't playing top class football. But this year, it appears you dont need to to contend.
Dunno, looking at City's latest results it seems like they got it together right now after a very poor start, but could be wrong as well. Haven't watched almost any football this season apart from our own games.

Looking at the league table, if no team really improves anymore then low 80s will definitely be enough to be in the title race, which hasn't been the case the last few years. The quality at the top has definitely dropped a few levels, and I think it's a combination of corona fatigue and the fact that City/Liverpool have been at such a high level the past few years (City 17-19 and we 18-20) which just isn't sustainable for a lot of seasons in a row. You also see/saw the likes of Juventus, Bayern, PSG, Real, Barca etc. struggling early on (and even right now) which is definitely due to the short break and all that stuff imo.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Is this just because you can't contemplate the thought of United winning the title, or a WUM, or you just genuinely don't believe we have any chance whatsoever?

I mean, even most United fans think we're most likely to fall just short, but being top now from a run of 9 wins and 2 draws, surely that warrants at least a mention, no?
Not at all, you've earned your place at the top. But I'm giving you as much contemplation of winning the league under Ole as I did with Everton who were top for longer than you as well as Villa. Not great company I'm sure you'll agree.

City on the other hand haven't sniffed top spot yet (stand to be corrected) but are far and away the only team that can win the league from here imho. If City were run by someone like Ole (say Pellegrini again) then yes I would say Utd have an equal chance from here. But they are under Pep and we know what he can do.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Not at all, you've earned your place at the top. But I'm giving you as much contemplation of winning the league under Ole as I did with Everton who were top for longer than you as well as Villa. Not great company I'm sure you'll agree.

City on the other hand haven't sniffed top spot yet (stand to be corrected) but are far and away the only team that can win the league from here imho. If City were run by someone like Ole (say Pellegrini again) then yes I would say Utd have an equal chance from here. But they are under Pep and we know what he can do.
So you just don't believe that we have any chance whatsoever?

Ballache

Supports
Martial

It will definitely be McT and Fred in midfield behind Bruno.
The only question is if Pogba starts on the left or on the bench.

Player for player (PL winners and CL winners all over) we should thrash this Utd team that struggles against any half decent oppos as they haven't beaten any top six side yet and were thoroughly, thoroughly outclassed by a half functioning City in the cup. We never used to start games slowly so I don't know what Klopp is going to do to return to that. If he succeeds then thankfully it won't be a nail biting match for 90 minutes despite there being penalty controversies in both penalty areas (as per usual I suppose).

would love to know ether you are on the wind up, or you believe the trash that you’ve written?

unfortunately I suspect you believe every word...

keep it going pal.

why did the mods keep you?

I suppose there have to be some Liverpool fans who were classed as the better ones.

buy honestly, you are deluded and contribute nothing except trolling posts.

Sylar

Its been three games since United have had a penalty. Thats way too long, so were due one at Anfield.

tenpoless

So this comment was basically aimed at the ref, to pressure him not to give us a penalty (even if it's 100% a penalty) at Anfield. So fecking annoying.
I remember the same thing happened with Howard Webb years (or even more than a decade) ago, there were talks about him supporting United, pictures of him wearing United jersey and after that it became harder for him to give us a foul even when he should have. "Must look neutral" bollocks, a foul is a foul and a penalty is a penalty, doesn't matter how many times it happened.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Pretty much. Strangely we're in this position despite all our attackers not actually playing well this season. Rashford and Bruno have still been getting goals and assists, but both have been average overall and have had quite a few truly poor games. Martial and Greenwood have both been poor pretty much all season and can't buy goals. Cavani has had some good games and some quiet games.

If at least two of those attackers kick into form I'll start believing we can go all the way, but for now I do think City and yourselves will ultimately overtake us. We also concede a lot of goals from set pieces which will probably cost us too many points.

Mihai

Not looking forward to it to be honest. Feels more like a "let's just get this over with" thing before the NFL starts Sunday night :nervous:

Even ar draw would be bad, but I just really really don't wanna lose (bad for our league position and our streak snapped). I don't think Utd are anything special but we've just been so poor the last month or so - our players really need to have a good look in the mirror this week and properly prepare themselves for the magnitude and importance of this game, both mentally and physically. We've also had a few more rest days than Utd but I'm not even sure that's a good thing for our team anymore.

The fact that there won't be any fans in attendance also takes some of the glamour away for me. First Liverpool-Utd game since corona came around, I think.
So, United are nothing special based on a league cup game against City?

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
I'd agree Bruno has been overused this season. Pogba hasn't though. But if Bruno has been overused so has Salah and Mane.

Bruno - 2,022mins
Salah - 1,997mins
Mane - 1,859mins'
Pogba - 1,328mins
Absolutely, and Salah/Mane have been dogshit for many weeks now. Not just the finishing but their pressing, movement and weight of passing has been shocking. That's why we need Klopp to do something, anything, to snap them out of it. Neither continuous fixtures nor long periods of rest are helping. The way we play we need one of them in world class mode because we have no plan B.

And that's how you can beat us. In fact anyone can and has beaten us, or at least kept us nullified.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Mini top six league too. You're right at the bottom, or near to it. You'll have to beat Spurs, Leicester, City to not fall away when the easy games dry up. We seem to have the opposite trouble unfortunately.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Ideally we'd be at 0-0 with them going into added time and then get a penalty, winning 1-0.

Mihai

Mini top six league too. You're right at the bottom, or near to it. You'll have to beat Spurs, Leicester, City to not fall away when the easy games dry up. We seem to have the opposite trouble unfortunately.
So, going by the same logic, United were quite special last season even though finished 33 points behind Liverpool? If anything, this season so far has shown that those "easy games" might decide it in the end.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Based on what should I think you are special then? No "wow" results, no real world class players, no silverware in the last few years and a subdued performance in the one game I saw you play this season. That indeed results in me saying "I don't think they're anything special", yes.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Based on what should I think you are special then? No "wow" results, no real world class players, no silverware in the last few years and a subdued performance in the one game I saw you play this season. That indeed results in me saying "I don't think they're anything special", yes.
:lol:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I think he is talking about anfield.
He's entitled to his opinion of course, even if it goes against what countless opposing players and managers have stated in the past.

Anfield is bang average for the majority of our league and domestic cup games, but knock-out CL games and big league games like Utd at home are more often than not a special atmosphere imo.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
You don't think Bruno is world class?
Like I've said, haven't seen much of Utd since he went to you guys. You could consider him world class depending on your definition of it, I suppose, no qualms about that. Don't think he'd make a World XI right now though.