Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Andy_Cole

Like I've said, haven't seen much of Utd since he went to you guys. You could consider him world class depending on your definition of it, I suppose, no qualms about that. Don't think he'd make a World XI right now though.
He’s been the best player in the PL since signing for united.

cyberman

Like I've said, haven't seen much of Utd since he went to you guys. You could consider him world class depending on your definition of it, I suppose, no qualms about that. Don't think he'd make a World XI right now though.
Then how can you pass judgement on a team you have hardly seen play?
Welcome to us watching you shithouse wins while not blowing teams away pre Christmas last year.

@RobinLFC - if Bruno IS NOT world class, can you tell me who in Liverpool’s team IS world class?

just so we can see where your barometer is at.

I know there is rivalry between the two clubs, but most rational people can evaluate opposition players fairly.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Then how can you pass judgement on a team you have hardly seen play?
Welcome to us watching you shithouse wins while not blowing teams away pre Christmas last year.
Fecking hell, you don't need to watch every game of Sheffield this season either to conclude that they've been shit. I said "I don't think they're anything special" with the disclaimer that I haven't watched you a lot. Otherwise I'd have said "they aren't anything special".

A lot of sensitive souls on here all of a sudden, I haven't even said anything remotely controversial.

@RobinLFC - if Bruno IS NOT world class, can you tell me who in Liverpool’s team IS world class?

just so we can see where your barometer is at.

I know there is rivalry between the two clubs, but most rational people can evaluate opposition players fairly.
I'll give you Bruno happily enough. Rashford a tier below that for me. De Gea and Pogba used to be.

At Liverpool - Alisson, TAA (not this season), Van Dijk, Robertson, Thiago (not yet this season), Salah (not this season) and Mane.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
That's fine but don't you think it's a bit silly to be making definite statements about something you admit you don't really know much about?

Edit: don't bother answering. Just seen that you're calling people sensitive souls because they're questioning something baseless that you said.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
That's fine but don't you think it's a bit silly to be making definite statements about something you admit you don't really know much about?
Not really, or you think that people watch every team in the league when they say "X and Y have been the best players in the PL" too? How many games of Messi do you think the average guy watches per season before stating he's the best in the world? How many full games of him do I need to see before I can say that about him?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I think you’d be hard pushed to find a better player in the league over the last 12 months. Not just in terms of his performances, but when you consider the impact he’s made on the club I don’t see how you can look past him. He’s responsible for where we sit in the league, no doubt about it.

Combine that with the fact that the usual suspects like De Bruyne, Salah, Aubameyang have been off colour and it’s not even close imo.

MDFC Manager

Edit: don't bother answering. Just seen that you're calling people sensitive souls because they're questioning something baseless that you said.
He's just a poor man's Dumbstar trying to WUM :D

Mihai

Based on what should I think you are special then? No "wow" results, no real world class players, no silverware in the last few years and a subdued performance in the one game I saw you play this season. That indeed results in me saying "I don't think they're anything special", yes.
I was just asking. It's interesting to see how the rawk mentality works.

Siorac

Their results suggest that they're on a great run without necessarily playing great football / overclassing opponents, but rather grinding out wins. Not sure that it's actually true though.
That's about right, yeah. Apart from the 6-2 against Leeds, our most convincing win was... hell I'm not even sure. Probably Southampton away - and we turned that around from 2-0 down. We don't do comfortable, confident wins.

Bubz27

Not really, or you think that people watch every team in the league when they say "X and Y have been the best players in the PL" too? How many games of Messi do you think the average guy watches per season before stating he's the best in the world? How many full games of him do I need to see before I can say that about him?
Pretty much this. You're just talking in extremes really, which is kind of childish.

They'll generally have watched them play more than once, that's just common sense.
But honestly, the fact you've stood by what you said shows it's not worth carrying this on.

Fecking hell, you don't need to watch every game of Sheffield this season either to conclude that they've been shit. I said "I don't think they're anything special" with the disclaimer that I haven't watched you a lot. Otherwise I'd have said "they aren't anything special".

A lot of sensitive souls on here all of a sudden, I haven't even said anything remotely controversial.

I'll give you Bruno happily enough. Rashford a tier below that for me. De Gea and Pogba used to be.

At Liverpool - Alisson, TAA (not this season), Van Dijk, Robertson, Thiago (not yet this season), Salah (not this season) and Mane.
by any definition Bruno is a world class player.

I was hoping you were going to throw Henderson and Fabinho in there so I could laugh at you!

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
But honestly, the fact you've stood by what you said shows it's not worth carrying this on.
Mate, I could make a hundred perfectly valid claims about United and one questionable one and I'd get jumped on by the lot of you. Predictable, probably, but also very tiresome so I'll leave you to it.

I'll give you Bruno as world class, but yes I definitely stick to the fact that you don't need to watch teams a lot to draw conclusions about them.

Bubz27

Mate, I could make a hundred perfectly valid claims about United and one questionable one and I'd get jumped on by the lot of you. Predictable, probably, but also very tiresome so I'll leave you to it.

I'll give you Bruno as world class, but yes I definitely stick to the fact that you don't need to watch teams a lot to draw conclusions about them.
By definition, people aren't going to question a valid claim are they? I don't quote every single thing I agree with on here. It wouldn't make for a sensible forum.

Also, I agree that you don't need to watch teams a lot, but I'll maintain you need to watch them more than once. We aren't anything special, that's spot on. But Bruno is definitely in the world class discussion, at the least.

ExecutionerWasp001

Based on what should I think you are special then? No "wow" results, no real world class players, no silverware in the last few years and a subdued performance in the one game I saw you play this season. That indeed results in me saying "I don't think they're anything special", yes.
You've seen us play 1 game all season then declare us nothing special. Not really a great sample size to base an opinion. If you were not so myopic you would have noticed a recent 6 -2 demolition of a Leeds team in what many regard as 1 of the greatest PL games of all time.

I don't think we've hit top gear yet this season but we top the league. It's ok for you to be worried. I would be in your position. If we do start clicking i don't see either you or City catching us.

I think the reality is now becoming apparent for the majority of Liverpool & City fans. On the back of your record breaking seasons you thought you were far removed from the rest of the league, playing a different game entirely. You thought 90+ pt seasons were going to become your norm with both teams sharing the title amongst themselves for years to come. It's now becoming clear that all you were, was good teams in a poor league. In effect yourselves & City were never anything special either.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
By definition, people aren't going to question a valid claim are they? I don't quote every single thing I agree with on here. It wouldn't make for a sensible forum.

Also, I agree that you don't need to watch teams a lot, but I'll maintain you need to watch them more than once. We aren't anything special, that's spot on. But Bruno is definitely in the world class discussion, at the least.
I watch every MOTD but if I use that as an argument I'll get another 10 replies with "how can you draw conclusions from some game highlights".

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
You've seen us play 1 game all season then declare us nothing special. Not really a great sample size to base an opinion. If you were not so myopic you would have noticed a recent 6 -2 demolition of a Leeds team in what many regard as 1 of the greatest PL games of all time.
Wait, what? :lol:

ExecutionerWasp001 said:
I don't think we've hit top gear yet this season but we top the league. It's ok for you to be worried. I would be in your position. If we do start clicking i don't see either you or City catching us.
Pointless argument. If Liverpool start clicking and you don't, you don't have a chance to stay close to us. It works both ways, and the reality is that no team in the PL has looked great for an extended period of time.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Fecking hell, you don't need to watch every game of Sheffield this season either to conclude that they've been shit.
So by your logic you know Sheffield are shit because they’re at the bottom of the table and their results tell you it. And you know that United, currently top of the league are shit because...

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
So by your logic you know Sheffield are shit because they’re at the bottom of the table and their results tell you it. And you know that United, currently top of the league are shit because...
So by your logic, "I don't think they are anything special" equals "United are shit".

Okay then, great thinking.

Gee Male

In the same way you don't need to read 14,000 posts to draw a conclusion about a poster?

Jonesno.8

World class or not, the Liverpool game offers a great chance to stay top and at least push for a genuine title challenge. Absolutely agree we are short of what you call top class players but throwing the word world class around is always done way to easy. Having 2/3 good seasons does not a world class player make. Doing it for 6,7,8 is what it takes. This idea that Pool are full of worldies is rubbish, potentially they could be 100%. Look at Zidane who did it everywhere he played versus you're Payets, Ginolas even Eric (I apologise for swearing) who had a blinding 3/4 seasons. Van Dyk, Salah, Mane full stop. Rant over. Ps. Hoping for a pen at Anfield the weekend to shove down Klopps throat, worry about your own team.

cyberman

Even this doesnt make sense. If Sheff Utd are shit because theyre last, we must be great because we're first?
You dont have to watch every game to judge a side but feck me watch at least 2 games before you can make a judgement

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Even this doesnt make sense. If Sheff Utd are shit because theyre last, we must be great because we're first?
You dont have to watch every game to judge a side but feck me watch at least 2 games before you can make a judgement
So by your logic, "I don't think they are anything special" equals "United are shit".

Okay then, great thinking.
If you had been playing great all season, trust me, I'd have known about it from on here. You can't really read past the negative comments on here after games or the shit some of your players regularly get.

Unless you do think that you've been great this season, of course.

Flexdegea

Yesssss............you just love to see these sort of posts.

Defo a lot of Denial going on with the Liverpool faithful.

Since Bruno came in we've had more points in league than anyone...........but we don't tick any boxes, and with a PE manager. So something not adding up, which is it?

BFernandes

Dunno, looking at City's latest results it seems like they got it together right now after a very poor start, but could be wrong as well. Haven't watched almost any football this season apart from our own games.

Looking at the league table, if no team really improves anymore then low 80s will definitely be enough to be in the title race, which hasn't been the case the last few years. The quality at the top has definitely dropped a few levels, and I think it's a combination of corona fatigue and the fact that City/Liverpool have been at such a high level the past few years (City 17-19 and we 18-20) which just isn't sustainable for a lot of seasons in a row. You also see/saw the likes of Juventus, Bayern, PSG, Real, Barca etc. struggling early on (and even right now) which is definitely due to the short break and all that stuff imo.
That's true, especially if you're having to cycle off too.

cyberman

If you had been playing great all season, trust me, I'd have known about it from on here. You can't really read past the negative comments on here after games or the shit some of your players regularly get.

Unless you do think that you've been great this season, of course.
I honestly think we have. We are undefeated away from home since the last time you beat us, almost 12 months ago.
Theres always an asterisk next to our form that clouds peoples judgement so they go from one yes but to another yes but.
Cant beat low blocks / lower opposition? Beat every bottom half of the table side bar 2 mid way through the season.
We struggle against top sides this year? 1 defeat against those in top half of league and that has a huge asterisk next to it due to our match fitness in Spurs.
We are on course to beat Citys 2nd place points total from last year, thats after sacrificing the first 3 games that lowers that total. If we keep the same tempo as we are now, we could be touching a late 80s points total which goes against the Covid stricken league being a crap shoot that has everybody on par so nobody is excellent.
There are no lowering of league standards here. We are genuinely the best team in England at the minute.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I honestly think we have. We are undefeated away from home since the last time you beat us, almost 12 months ago.
Theres always an asterisk next to our form that clouds peoples judgement so they go from one yes but to another yes but.
Cant beat low blocks / lower opposition? Beat every bottom half of the table side bar 2 mid way through the season.
We struggle against top sides this year? 1 defeat against those in top half of league and that has a huge asterisk next to it due to our match fitness in Spurs.
We are on course to beat Citys 2nd place points total from last year, thats after sacrificing the first 3 games that lowers that total. If we keep the same tempo as we are now, we could be touching a late 80s points total which goes against the Covid stricken league being a crap shoot that has everybody on par so nobody is excellent.
There are no lowering of league standards here. We are genuinely the best team in England at the minute.
Fair enough, won't argue with that, but it seems a bit like a rose tinted representation to me.

Needed an injury time winner to beat Wolves, went 2-0 down to the bottom team in the league, went down 2-0 against Soton and needed an injury time winner, couldn't beat City at home, couldn't hold your lead against Leicester, needed a (debatable, or so I've read) penalty to beat Villa and a deflected goal to beat Burnley last night (yes yes, Maguire's goal was perfectly fine, I know).

"Great" teams win easily against bottom half teams and perform well in games against the top sides / sides which are playing well this season, and you could argue that you've done neither. Something you blasted Liverpool for last season (or two seasons ago, can't remember) was all the 1-0s and one-goal margin victories against the bottom sides, and that's what happened for you guys against WBA, Sheffield, Burnley, (also Wolves, Villa and Soton but they're top half right now so). That shows that you've (imo) not really been great, but rather have been great at grinding out results - which, credit where credit due, is "a sign of champions" or whatever you wanna call it, it's what Liverpool excelled at last season.

You don't go on a W9D2L0 streak since Nov 1 if you're not a good team - you clearly are. But forgive me to say that you don't look like you're anything special, like how City dominated in years past or like Liverpool looked unstoppable in the first half of last season. Your run is undeniably very good though, but the fact that I read on here, by Utd fans, that "you've yet to really click, and just wait until that happens" shows that you're not that great yet. Liverpool is 3 points behind and have been poor for large periods of the season, so the reasoning "we're top so we're great" (not saying that you've made that one) doesn't hold up for me, a team can easily be tops or thereabouts right now without having been great at all.

You could look at it from two perspectives imo - you've not really been great and even then you've put together a great streak in itself, so you could be scary once you really hit it off. If you believe that narrative, you're most definitely going to be in the title race. Or you could argue that you're a good team on a good streak that had a bit of luck here and there, and that this streak is an anomaly which is bound to correct itself sooner or later.

Beat us on Sunday and that'd be a serious statement.

cyberman

Fair enough, won't argue with that, but it seems a bit like a rose tinted representation to me.

Needed an injury time winner to beat Wolves, went 2-0 down to the bottom team in the league, went down 2-0 against Soton and needed an injury time winner, couldn't beat City at home, couldn't hold your lead against Leicester, needed a (debatable, or so I've read) penalty to beat Villa and a deflected goal to beat Burnley last night (yes yes, Maguire's goal was perfectly fine, I know).

"Great" teams win easily against bottom half teams and perform well in games against the top sides / sides which are playing well this season, and you could argue that you've done neither. Something you blasted Liverpool for last season (or two seasons ago, can't remember) was all the 1-0s and one-goal margin victories against the bottom sides, and that's what happened for you guys against WBA, Sheffield, Burnley, (also Wolves, Villa and Soton but they're top half right now so). That shows that you've (imo) not really been great, but rather have been great at grinding out results - which, credit where credit due, is "a sign of champions" or whatever you wanna call it, it's what Liverpool excelled at last season.

You don't go on a W9D2L0 streak since Nov 1 if you're not a good team - you clearly are. But forgive me to say that you don't look like you're anything special, like how City dominated in years past or like Liverpool looked unstoppable in the first half of last season. Your run is undeniably very good though, but the fact that I read on here, by Utd fans, that "you've yet to really click, and just wait until that happens" shows that you're not that great yet. Liverpool is 3 points behind and have been poor for large periods of the season, so the reasoning "we're top so we're great" (not saying that you've made that one) doesn't hold up for me, a team can easily be tops or thereabouts right now without having been great at all.

You could look at it from two perspectives imo - you've not really been great and even then you've put together a great streak in itself, so you could be scary once you really hit it off. If you believe that narrative, you're most definitely going to be in the title race. Or you could argue that you're a good team on a good streak that had a bit of luck here and there, and that this streak is an anomaly which is bound to correct itself sooner or later.

Beat us on Sunday and that'd be a serious statement.
I could quote you nearly the entire Liverpool run pre Christmas if you want?
Your lot rarely beat teams easily yet ran away with it. Even Pep hasnt been easily beating EPL sides for 2 years now.
I cant remember the last league game that the opposition could point to and say we deserved to beat them.
Thats an over rationalisation of this Utd side at the minute, a lot of back handed compliments that are not warranted.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
He's just a poor man's Dumbstar trying to WUM :D
Robin used to be a great poster, now he just comes up with weird stuff and tries to portray it as being rational. Doubting Bruno's world class credentials is just downright weird, he's been wonderful since joining the PL.

@RobinLFC what's up mate, you cracking?

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Robin used to be a great poster, now he just comes up with weird stuff and tries to portray it as being rational. Doubting Bruno's world class credentials is just downright weird, he's been wonderful since joining the PL.

@RobinLFC what's up mate, you cracking?
Great poster, difficult personality... You know how it goes!