Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
To be fair I’d be annoyed if that happened to us. You’d back Mane in a race against Lindelof.

Paddy B

Supports
Manchester City
He said about the game that they didn't finish their chances, like they did against Palace.
What chances, other than the Thiago shot and a few mumbles by our defenders in the box I don't recall them having any.
United had the best chances without a doubt and, in particular, the Pogba one. I think he should definitely have scored that giving the goalkeeper no chance to even attempt a save. Firmino did have a couple of chances early but, in my opinion, United should have won that game in the second half.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Klopp yet again moaning that a club defended well against him. I’d love for Ole to come out and tell him to shut his gob for once. Or make some joke about how ‘Liverpool also defended with all they have, that’s kind of the idea you mouthy German twat.’

SuperiorXI

To be fair I’d be annoyed if that happened to us. You’d back Mane in a race against Lindelof.
It has happened to us a few times

I remember once (I think last season) the ref blew when we had a corner.

The ref has blew a few times before the minimum added time was up on us as well... think it's just shit refs of which we have an abundance of in England.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Thing is when it happens to us (Oliver denying us a corner before the additional minutes were up recently) no one talks about it. The moment it happens to Pool it's the usual storm in the teacup from their players/manager and the media.

Same game Pogba got assaulted by Mings and that didn't get half as much attention as the Pool 'robbery' last night.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Thing is when it happens to us (Oliver denying us a corner before the additional minutes were up recently) no one talks about it. The moment it happens to Pool it's the usual storm in the teacup from their players/manager and the media.

Same game Pogba got assaulted by Mings and that didn't get half as much attention as the Pool 'robbery' last night.
Owen was going on and on about it, Mcmanaman said it's a non event and not even worthy of any discussion saying ref blew the whistle when Liverpool had the ball in their own half.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies

One of these days Oliver is gonna blow up literally as a corner kick has been taken before we even get a chance to head it.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I think that's exactly his point. They weren't chances, compared to the clear cut chances we had to win the game.
They are still chances. Utd had the better chances, yes, but that doesn't stop calling Firmino's feck ups as chances. Robertson's I was disappointed in too, on his left foot and all.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
That they were robbed because the ref blew the first half whistle when the ball was in the centre circle. Scouse logic is that Mane was clear on goal, completely ignoring the fact that Lindelof stopped running the moment he heard the whistle.

Even this, there was a point in the second half play got brought back for a foul on Shaw by Trent but Rashford had knocked the ball and gone past Fabinho before the ref blew his whistle. Don't hear any complaints about that?

dal

Even this, there was a point in the second half play got brought back for a foul on Shaw by Trent but Rashford had knocked the ball and gone past Fabinho before the ref blew his whistle. Don't hear any complaints about that?
I saw that I was fkin fuming.

Also Ole just needs to kept quiet and carry on,its fun seeing Klopp lose his marbles.

We have a chance at the league and if we do win it a comment along the lines of a nonchalant “I don’t think we got enough penalties” would be welcome.

Not mentioning a name but enough to wind up.

cyberman

United had the best chances without a doubt and, in particular, the Pogba one. I think he should definitely have scored that giving the goalkeeper no chance to even attempt a save. Firmino did have a couple of chances early but, in my opinion, United should have won that game in the second half.
Exactly. If Firminho half chances were considered great chances then we would have 10 goals a game by elite strikers.
Everytime the Pogba chance pops in my head I still think its hitting the back of the net.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
That they were robbed because the ref blew the first half whistle when the ball was in the centre circle. Scouse logic is that Mane was clear on goal, completely ignoring the fact that Lindelof stopped running the moment he heard the whistle.

What is that picture supposed to prove? From what I remember Mane was through on goal (not even remotely comparable to not getting a corner by the way) and the whistle didn't go until the ball was already in the air. And either way I'd back Mane from that position against Lindelof.

Pointless thing to complain about though, agree on that.

Grande

Exactly. If Firminho half chances were considered great chances then we would have 10 goals a game by elite strikers.
Everytime the Pogba chance pops in my head I still think its hitting the back of the net.
Everytime the Pogba chance pops in my head I think of hitting it in the back wall behind me. My head, that is.

cyberman

What is that picture supposed to prove? From what I remember Mane was through on goal (not even remotely comparable to not getting a corner by the way) and the whistle didn't go until the ball was already in the air. And either way I'd back Mane from that position against Lindelof.

Whistle went before the Thiago touched the ball

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Whistle went before the Thaigo touched the ball
Whether it did or didn't, it's a pointless thing to complain about.

In my experience it went late though. Would need to see it again, can't seem to find it online.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Whether it did or didn't, it's a pointless thing to complain about.

In my experience it went late though. Would need to see it again, can't seem to find it online.
Lindelof tackles him anyway, don’t get hung up on it.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Our throw-ins are consistently shit (I’d be amazed if there’s a worse team in the league for losing possession on your own throw-ins than us) so I wouldn’t give them too much credit for yesterday, but yes, on the whole, they are quite good at it to be fair.
I agree. Next time we get a throw in, we may as well just hand the ball to the opposition full back and fall back into our defensive shape. It is quite maddening!

Pace Abuser

The whistle is blown as the ball is played back towards the Liverpool goal. As soon as it goes Lindelof and AWB slow down and as the balls in the air, they stop running.

Ridiculous to think Mane would have been free on goal or that the ref blew it as he was through on goal.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

The screenshot is taken the exact moment the whistle is blown. The ref makes up his mind as Salah plays a 10m backward pass.

You're right, those two aren't comparable at all. A corner you can score a goal from. A 10m backward pass while in your own half isn't exactly a goalscoring opportunity. My bad.

El Zoido

Bloody hell what an absolute fuss over nothing. Never would have scored from there, he wouldn’t even have collected it had we not all stopped the moment the whistle went. Goes to show how desperate they are that this is the biggest controversy they can manufacture out of the game.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

We don't make a big deal out of it because we've got a touch of class, unlike Klopp and his cronies.

Davie Moyes

Blimey. This never got a mention. Not even in the commentary at the time because there was no issue. Utd players stopped as heard whistle. Mane did not react either. Apart from Thiago looking annoyed nobody queried it. The Rashford one was worse as why was not advantage played.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
The screenshot is taken the exact moment the whistle is blown. The ref makes up his mind as Salah plays a 10m backward pass.

You're right, those two aren't comparable at all. A corner you can score a goal from. A 10m backward pass while in your own half isn't exactly a goalscoring opportunity. My bad.
No worries, I've seen worse posts from you.

Jericho

What's his problem? He seems so passive aggressive even when things are going relatively well for him. Wtf does he expect us do. He has his team playing a possession based game and then bemoans the opposition playing a style to deal with that.

If you don't want the opponent to play counter-attacking football then you need to change your own style of play you gobs***e

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
What's his problem? He seems so passive aggressive even when things are going relatively well for him. Wtf does he expect us do. He has his team playing a possession based game and then bemoans the opposition playing a style to deal with that.

If you don't want the opponent to play counter-attacking football then you need to change your own style of play you gobs***e
He’s happy if it’s a game like Leeds as long as he’s winning.

Southampton played very similar to us without creating as much but won. He just didn’t want to be negative about his friend Big Ralphie

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
The ball is going away from goal and lindelof would have been closer but for the whistle, lindelof would have shown him wide and forced him to pass back and then that’s that.

spiriticon

He has a real problem with being served fish on the menu when he wants meat eh?

But quite frankly, Liverpool don't allow teams to attack because their attackers hound you when your defence is on the ball. Defence has to go long more than they want to because they get no time to think about a pass.

You want a wide open game Jurgen? Then be brave and mix it up, let us play in possession and see where that takes the game. You may even get a few counter attacking opportunities of your own.

If you want to hound defenders all the time, then expect a long ball game to bypass the gegenpress. It's not rocket science.

Fridge chutney

Lindelof tackles him anyway, don’t get hung up on it.
After both AwB and Lindelof ease off after hearing the whistle.

A totally non-issue and if that is the straw that LFC are grasping, you know that they were pretty lackluster against us.

Last edited:

cyberman

He has a real problem with being served fish on the menu when he wants meat eh?

But quite frankly, Liverpool don't allow teams to attack because their attackers hound you when your defence is on the ball. Defence has to go long more than they want to because they get no time to think about a pass.

You want a wide open game Jurgen? Then be brave and mix it up, let us play in possession and see where that takes the game. You may even get a few counter attacking opportunities of your own.

If you want to hound defenders all the time, then expect a long ball game to bypass the gegenpress. It's not rocket science.
There was a good point on the Redman Youtube channel about this. Normally no CBs would see the opposition open up a bit more and leave space for the attackers who struggle to create any but the opposition are playing it too smart and are even denying that.
So now they struggle to break teams down and rivals leave it to the last 15 to give it a go and in those 15 actually create the 1 or 2 chance to win.
Newcastle header that Allison tipped away, our chances, Southampton nearly scored a second, West Brom equalised and nearly scored a 1 v 1. Fulham just went at them for 45 mins tbf.
It looks to add up.

Crustanoid

Henderson is a wanker. Probably gets it from his manager. His reaction to hearing that we thought we should have won it was a little pathetic. I guess creating clear cut chances doesn't make it into his priority list.
He’s also incredibly thick. His interviews suggest he has an IQ of below 50

Crustanoid

Yeah, I heard that on MotD too, I thought what a cnut he was the way he replied to the question asked. It's a Liverpool disease, it turns people into absolute weapons.
Eminates from the fan base. Like a psychological version of leprosy

NinjaFletch

They're still going on about it :lol:

I genuinely can't believe so little has been made of how Lindelof stops running because the whistle has been blown. Only in their fantasy world is that a chance.

James Peril

I saw that incident for the first time now, only saw the pictures yesterday, didn’t see the game..... and he wasn’t through on goal. Lindelöf clearly will reach the situation and perhaps also head the ball away if he sprints back. He casually stops his run when the whistle is blown. Mane would at best get some touch on the ball before Lindelöf is there to intercept or shield him away, the ball was hardly played in front of Mane with pace on the floor. Naturally, Liverpool-fans will cut the frame so it looks like Mane is 100% clear without any sort of defending obstacle, should have known.

Djemba-Djemba

Desperate to create any controversy.

When on the evidence of the rest of the game if the ref didn't blow for HT it's more than likely Mane would have just ran the ball out of play anyway or passed it to Firmino on the edge of the box to spoon it miles wide.

Sylar

Klopp and Jose's words having an affect on referees and their decisions regarding us getting penalties?

Or Atkinson just being shit as per usual and guessing like he normally does and var for some odd season Backing it up?