Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Need Thiago to have a huge game against city.

Is Mane going to be back for the game?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The Dortmund comparison is lazy imo. We're full of injuries reducing opportunities to rotate and are much higher in the table than Dortmund were. Milner has just had to play four games in less than two weeks.
So were dortmund

You're higher in the table because you have better players than they did, which means fewer freak results losing games you should have won 3-0(this happened a lot to dortmund on the other hand)

Mostly, it's the same team, for several seasons, having won everything there is to win. Hunger goes out, players start getting injured, fatigue(mental more than physical) sets in. That's how cycles end

VivaRonaldo85

My Liverpool mates are already giving it the let’s support Man City vibe for the rest of the season. With 16 games left. Lovely

giggsysupforit

Really interested to see how things go with Klopp at Liverpool now. Does he have the Fergieesque ability to revive a stumbling team over the next few years? If so he’ll prove himself or be one of the all time greats. If not he’ll remain in the second tier, the good but not the great.

Jonno

Do you think they regret it? They have Premier League and Champions League winners medals as well as plenty of individual achievements as well.
1-2 titles at Liverpool, punching above their weight for 3 years or 9-10 titles at a City or a Bayern or a Barca or a PSG?

You might view Klopp's method's as short term but he's gotten more out of Liverpool than any manager since the 80's.
Only just. Benitez arguably got Liverpool 90% of what Klopp has done. A CL win and almost a PL title. Houlier won you lots of trophies.

The Dortmund comparison is lazy imo. We're full of injuries reducing opportunities to rotate and are much higher in the table than Dortmund were. Milner has just had to play four games in less than two weeks.
Stop moaning about injuries. Every team has injuries. Brighton were missing players last night. RAWK were crying about Allison being out, yet Brighton were also missing their keeper amongst others, they had a player come off injured mid-way through. You're not the only team with injuries. I've seen United compete for titles with every CB missing.

Your team on the pitch last night was miles better than Brightons, than Burnleys, than West Broms, than Newcastles, etc, etc, etc. I'd understand if you were playing City every week. But you're not even competing with relegation fodder. Thats not down to injuries, that's down to exhaustion, fatigue, playing under Klopp for this amount of time. A team containing Henderson, TAA, Robertson, Thiago, Gini, Salah, Firminho.... should be winning those games. You cannot blame it on injuries.

The whole world has been saying it for a couple of years but only now are Liverpool fans starting to concede it. You can't have it both ways. You've got a manager that runs your squad into the ground making you overachieve for a 3 year period. They're dead on their feet. City have been playing without their striker for nearly 2 years, they have played half their games this last 2 years without their best player, KVB, it's like you having Salah out for all that time. Yet nobody talks about their injuries because they just breeze through games.

You're a big club, yet you waited till deadline day to sign a championship player to cover your defence. It's not good enough when defending a title. You should have gone out and spent £20m on a PL level CB on 1st January, if you were serious about competing.

Flexdegea

Lot of pundits are in denial about Liverpool at the moment.

Scouse mate told me it's a miracle where they are with the injuries.

Defence not their problem but he said aye but they hit the ball long stretch the pitch............so they a long ball team now and Gomez and van dik like scholes and pirlo mix of beckanbaur :lol:

Joking aside some truth In it obvious with henderson out of position, but they got big problems up front. The intensity not there this season. Plus Arnold who was the player who had their best delivery is playing like a one trick pony at the moment. They've got found out, every season is different but the lower teams they were hammering the last couple seasons know how to shut them down.

Same problems used to happen to us when we were winning league, always had to adapt season to season. One year free flowing, next year defence more than anything got us over the line nicking 1 Nils.............Klopp will need to adopt.

Caerus Little

Supports
Competition and Underdogs
I see a lot of signs of disintegration. Klopp is not known for rebuilding teams, so this season may be painful to watch for a Liverpool fan.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Lot of pundits are in denial about Liverpool at the moment.

Scouse mate told me it's a miracle where they are with the injuries.

Defence not their problem but he said aye but they hit the ball long stretch the pitch............so they a long ball team now and Gomez and van dik like scholes and pirlo mix of beckanbaur :lol:

Joking aside some truth In it obvious with henderson out of position, but they got big problems up front. The intensity not there this season. Plus Arnold who was the player who had their best delivery is playing like a one trick pony at the moment. They've got found out, every season is different but the lower teams they were hammering the last couple seasons know how to shut them down.

Same problems used to happen to us when we were winning league, always had to adapt season to season. One year free flowing, next year defence more than anything got us over the line nicking 1 Nils.............Klopp will need to adopt.
Always have been. Its mainly been long hopeful punts foward combined with tactics to get Robertson and TAA into very good positions. Once the FBs arent given room they cant do much damage.

Chief123

Really interested to see how things go with Klopp at Liverpool now. Does he have the Fergieesque ability to revive a stumbling team over the next few years? If so he’ll prove himself or be one of the all time greats. If not he’ll remain in the second tier, the good but not the great.
Liverpool fans already have the knives out and some turning on Klopp. Trouble in paradise.

Thiago as good as he is has not helped Liverpool progress this season. If anything he’s a square peg in a round hole. Just not working.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
My Liverpool mates are already giving it the let’s support Man City vibe for the rest of the season. With 16 games left. Lovely
So you think we can still win the title then?

Only just. Benitez arguably got Liverpool 90% of what Klopp has done. A CL win and almost a PL title. Houlier won you lots of trophies.
:lol: This is just bizarre. "Almost a PL title" means feck all. Benitez has achieved less than 50% of what Klopp has at Liverpool, he doesn't even come close.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I see a lot of signs of disintegration. Klopp is not known for rebuilding teams, so this season may be painful to watch for a Liverpool fan.
That's overselling it. We should enjoy them being crap while we can but once they get their players in their proper positions and back from injury then they're still one of the strongest sides around. Where we should take solace is that a very good team has lost a year of its prime, realistically with a fully fit squad they should've walked this league at a canter, signing a 29 year old Thiago signalled their intentions for the season. Next step will be Liepzig knocking them out so we can avoid a flukey CL run.

Klopp's actual biggest task will be finding adequete replacements for players like van Dijk, Firmino, Thiago, Mane, Wijnaldum, Henderson and Salah most of whom will be 30 within the next season. Alisson too but he's a keeper and they generally last longer. It's hard to see him ever putting a team as strong as this together again, although I'm sure that's what our rivals always thought about Sir Alex. There's a chance he leaves before the rebuild is even done, his contract expires in a few seasons and he was already hesistant renewing his previous deal.

GoldTrafford99

Do you think they regret it? They have Premier League and Champions League winners medals as well as plenty of individual achievements as well.

You might view Klopp's method's as short term but he's gotten more out of Liverpool than any manager since the 80's.

Maybe that's a Liverpool fan way of looking at this problem. You guys hadn't won a league title in 30-years, so getting one in the bag at all costs is warranted.

But as a Manchester United fan, if we burnt out our best young players, such as Rashy and Mason etc, for the sake of winning one league title, I'd be fecking furious.

GoldTrafford99

FACT

Liverpool are mid-table in the Premier League for injuries this season.

As in, there are nine teams above them who have had more injuries than them this season. There are 10 teams below them with fewer injuries this season.

ANOTHER FACT

Brighton had more injuries going into last night's match than Liverpool did.

Judas

Open to offers
Liverpool fans already have the knives out and some turning on Klopp. Trouble in paradise.

Thiago as good as he is has not helped Liverpool progress this season. If anything he’s a square peg in a round hole. Just not working.
That's genuinely mental, I can't see it being many of them.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Maybe that's a Liverpool fan way of looking at this problem. You guys hadn't won a league title in 30-years, so getting one in the bag at all costs is warranted.

But as a Manchester United fan, if we burnt out our best young players, such as Rashy and Mason etc, for the sake of winning one league title, I'd be fecking furious.
So you really think Trent Alexander-Arnold is "burned out" at the moment? You really think he has already played the best football of his career, aged 22? Wow. Young players can't even have a dip in form anymore these days without it being taken to the absolute extreme. Rashford and Martial would've been burned out five times already at Utd, applying the same criteria.

FACT

Liverpool are mid-table in the Premier League for injuries this season.

As in, there are nine teams above them who have had more injuries than them this season. There are 10 teams below them with fewer injuries this season.
Not all injuries impact a team equally. Such stats are just meaningless - Utd could only have 4 injuries all season, but if it's season-ending injuries to Pogba, Rashford, Bruno and Maguire, you'd also be fecked a lot harder than a team with double the amount of injuries to their role / bench players.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Don't know why but i've crying all night! :D

Klopp OUT!! :lol:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool are mid-table in terms of overall length of injuries to players.

Also, I'm not saying Robertson and TAA have played their best ball. What I am saying is that they have played their best ball under Klopp. There is ZERO precedence for Klopp rejuvinating a side. He has never rebuilt a side successfully. We all know this.

Listen, Im no Liverpool hater. You can go back over my posts in these forums and see this, I think Klopp did a spectacular job with them and I applaud that. But it's obvious it's over. Like his Dortmund team, his players are shattered, both physically and mentally. It's done. The bread is toasted.
Way, way too early to come to that conclusion but obviously agree to disagree.

Jonno

Benitez has achieved less than 50% of what Klopp has at Liverpool, he doesn't even come close.
Im not saying Benitez was as good as Klopp, but "less than 50%" come off it, they both won the CL, both won the Super Cup, Klopp won the PL and Benitez won the FA Cup.

You're protecting your current manager and ignorantly playing down one of your best managers in recent memory.

Klopp walked a league that whilst was commendable, it wasn't competitive. Nobody challenged, City were in complete transition which is paying off now, they'll probably win 2-3 leagues on the bounce.

Benitez battled the greatest PL manager ever and was unlucky to lose. Not only that, Klopp is now failing catastrophically in Liverpools title defence. He also makes no friends by being classless with every defeat or draw. Whether its the weather, the grass, the referee, the style of the opponents play, whether he goes running after managers barking at them. It's not a good look is it, are you proud of having such a classless manager?

The view that Klopp has created a dynasty based off a good cup run, and a title that was won without any real battle is just a bit of tinted glasses from Scousers. It's funny that most of the footballing world can see it, yet most Liverpool fans can't yet..... I just think in 5 years time Liverpool fans will open their eyes that he was more of a flash in the pan than they first thought. I've been posting it for a good year or so on here, that you can't constantly punch above your weight, run players into the ground, and now Liverpool fans act all confused why half your team has dropped like flies, and that teams know how to play against you.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Im not saying Benitez was as good as Klopp, but "less than 50%" come off it, they both won the CL, both won the Super Cup, Klopp won the PL and Benitez won the FA Cup.
It's not just a sum of trophies and come to a conclusion. Can't be stressed enough how big the PL title was for us, he reached immediate legend status when he did that.

You're protecting your current manager and ignorantly playing down one of your best managers in recent memory.
I'm not. Klopp is not "one of" our best managers in recent history, he is our best manager since the 80s. Benitez is a considerable level below that, I don't think you'll find many Liverpool fans who disagree with that view.

Klopp walked a league that whilst was commendable, it wasn't competitive. Nobody challenged, City were in complete transition which is paying off now, they'll probably win 2-3 leagues on the bounce.
Yawn. Like people were saying after they won it wit 100 points? Or like how people were talking about Liverpool after last season?

You can have your views about Liverpool, all fair enough. It's just that you shouldn't be surprised that a lot of us will think that they're quite ridiculous, given how black and white they usually are.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Klopp is an incredible coach, the best in the world for me. I wondered about the burn out aspect, more out of hope than anything else, but I do think we are beginning to see it. Of course they have had terrible luck with injuries, which has had an impact but the forward players have all remained fit and I wonder is the three previous seasons taking it's toll. Does Klopp have the hunger or desire to rebuild? Didn't he say he will likely take a break when his current contract expires?

This is the only serious post I have on the matter and I will return to laughing shortly.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Weak title defence. Nothing more than Conte achieved in the PL. Sadly City are the teams everyone needs to topple including us. Would be their 3rd title in 4 years.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Klopp is an incredible coach, the best in the world for me. I wondered about the burn out aspect, more out of hope than anything else, but I do think we are beginning to see it. Of course they have had terrible luck with injuries, which has had an impact but the forward players have all remained fit and I wonder is the three previous seasons taking it's toll. Does Klopp have the hunger or desire to rebuild? Didn't he say he will likely take a break when his current contract expires?

This is the only serious post I have on the matter and I will return to laughing shortly.
Should have stuck to just laughing.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Signed a new contract just over a year ago which extended his current one from 2022 to 2024 - don't think he would've done that if he was thinking about taking a break soon.

City were wank last season after 2 incredible seasons, so many people on here were talking about them needing a full rebuild, Pep being done, and so on and so on. Now they're already back on top. Such fickleness is ridiculous imo, can't have one down year after a few years on top these days without being called "done", "burned out" or something along those lines.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Signed a new contract just over a year ago which extended his current one from 2022 to 2024 - don't think he would've done that if he was thinking about taking a break soon.

City were wank last season after 2 incredible seasons, so many people on here were talking about them needing a full rebuild, Pep being done, and so on and so on. Now they're already back on top. Such fickleness is ridiculous imo, can't have one down year after a few years on top these days without being called "done", "burned out" or something along those lines.
So you reject the idea Liverpool need a shuffle of personal/rebuild? I'm not saying wholesale changes but if you want to be consistently winning the title you always need to be strengthening. Which Liverpool have not done this season, for a number of reasons. I do not think Thiago improves you at all.

Suspicious Swelling

So you really think Trent Alexander-Arnold is "burned out" at the moment? You really think he has already played the best football of his career, aged 22? Wow. Young players can't even have a dip in form anymore these days without it being taken to the absolute extreme. Rashford and Martial would've been burned out five times already at Utd, applying the same criteria.

Not all injuries impact a team equally. Such stats are just meaningless - Utd could only have 4 injuries all season, but if it's season-ending injuries to Pogba, Rashford, Bruno and Maguire, you'd also be fecked a lot harder than a team with double the amount of injuries to their role / bench players.
You are right, not all injuries impact a team equally and yeah having your first choice centre back partnership injured is obviously a big blow. But then how to you explain City winning constantly with ease without their two best players? One of which is the top scorer in the clubs history. Also back in the last few years of Sir Alex's reign at United, every season for several years we ended up having to play Carrick and/or Fletcher at centre back for lots of games because our first choice centre backs (Rio and Vidic) and their back ups (Smalling, Jones and Evans) were made of glass and always on the treatment table. Yeah you have bad injuries but so do most clubs every year, you just have to get on with it.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
You are right, not all injuries impact a team equally and yeah having your first choice centre back partnership injured is obviously a big blow. But then how to you explain City winning constantly with ease without their two best players? One of which is the top scorer in the clubs history. Also back in the last few years of Sir Alex's reign at United, every season for several years we ended up having to play Carrick and/or Fletcher at centre back for lots of games because our first choice centre backs (Rio and Vidic) and their back ups (Smalling, Jones and Evans) were made of glass and always on the treatment table. Yeah you have bad injuries but so do most clubs every year, you just have to get on with it.
Because they've been better than us this season. Our struggles are not (exclusively) down to the injuries, I've argued a lot on here that it's our attack that's letting us down, not necessarily our defense. Maybe losing VVD indirectly impacts our attack as well but there are pretty much no excuses for our recent form since Christmas. Just like yesterday, it's just not good enough. No drive, no infiltration, too much of pinging the ball around at the halfway line, ... If we wouldn't have stopped putting 2 or 3 goals past our opponents at Anfield, we would still be close to the top of the league. That's where our problem currently lies, the defense still has been fine/passable during our bad spell. But if you consistently concede at least one goal and can't outscore them anymore like you used to, then you're in trouble of course :lol:

So you reject the idea Liverpool need a shuffle of personal/rebuild? I'm not saying wholesale changes but if you want to be consistently winning the title you always need to be strengthening. Which Liverpool have not done this season, for a number of reasons. I do not think Thiago improves you at all.
I reject the idea that we are done under Klopp and completely burned out - don't reject the idea that we need to rethink some of our ideas and make a few changes here and there. Us not strengthening enough in the offseason is down to our owners (and Covid perhaps), and not Klopp of course. I agree that that has been a mistake, especially at CB. Jota was a good buy. Thiago right now (whilst obviously a class player) doesn't give us the boost that I thought he would, but on the other hand he can maybe help us get that "shift" of play that allows us to play a different style of football that becomes effective again.

K Stand Knut

Playing Thursday night and now going into in theory their toughest home game of the season on Sunday afternoon. Be very very impressed if they beat City after that nothing performance.

EDIT - it's apparently wednesday, point still stands though! They. Are. Worried.
It’s Wednesday. You got me optimistic for a moment thinking tomorrow was Friday
It’s not Wednesday. Liverpool vs. city is on Sunday at 16.30

Ludens the Red

Haha, the cafe is a weird place. You’ve got a number on here who are obsessed with players fatigue who believe a footballer is incapable of playing three games in a week without passing out with exhaustion.
Then you’ve got another half, who claim that if you rotate and rest young players you are “forcing them to compete with each other”.
The truth is it’s somewhere in the middle and every player is different and dips in form may be due to a number of things.

Galinha

I really dont think a team with that amount of muscle injuries is just bad luck. I am pretty sure Klopps tactics will slowly run them over. Next year will be another packed program, and it’s not to Liverpool’s advantage.

cyberman

This league is fecking ruthless when a teams style has been undoubtedly figured out.