Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Manncunian

The best thing about all this is the fact that this Liverpool team under Klopp won’t be remembered in the history books as “that team who won the league with 99 points after winning the CL the season before”.

They'll be remembered for eternity as the Liverpool team that famously capitulated and became the worst defending champions on record. That lost 5 (could be more) home games on the trot for the first time in 128 years (i.e. their entire history). They will be remembered as bottle jobs, not as anything else.

And that ladies and gents, is flipping glorious :D.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Becoming more like Wenger in his stubbornness with his in game managment. Same formation 4-3-3, same forward line, playing a high line with players who can't play in it every week. Stupid subs tonight as well. Perhaps if he plays 5 at the back at home sometime it might surprise him and we might actually win a fecking game at home for a change.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
this has gone a full blown repeat of his last dortmund season when shit hit the bed

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
That's because they are so soulless. Chelsea already established themselves as the "money villains" and they had cheeky, prime Mourinho as a cherry on top, which made things a bit spicy. City is just: meh... Evil incarnate, obviously. But still: meh...
Yep....thats really good actually. I often wondered why I found Chelsea more palatable than City even though they're both dopers. Your post is very accurate

Zen

What's with the absurd comparison to Moyes? Ones a blowup, the other was out of his depth. It's Jose you should be comparing him too.

Siorac

Hah, just seen the result. Are Liverpool now planning to lose to absolutely everyone at Anfield? Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great plan, it just seems like a tad extreme after winning every game there for about a decade or something.

Velvet Revolver

The best thing about all this is the fact that this Liverpool team under Klopp won’t be remembered in the history books as “that team who won the league with 99 points after winning the CL the season before”.

They'll be remembered for eternity as the Liverpool team that famously capitulated and became the worst defending champions on record. That lost 5 (could be more) home games on the trot for the first time in 128 years (i.e. their entire history). They will be remembered as bottle jobs, not as anything else.

not with this media! they will tout this as a pandemic season blues and nullify it totally, or they will spin it as the season united blew the title.

always_hoping

And to make matters worse, they're now on course to post a worse defence of the title than David Moyes's Man Utd. Moyes's team had 45 points from 27 games -- Liverpool have 43.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

5 times.

5 times la.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I'm never going to want him sacked but his subs do my head in. Maybe this is a general thing people say about the manager when a team is struggling but why take off the only player who ever scores when Mane wasn't offering anything all night? Chamberlain for Jones was weird as well. Wijnaldum hasn't given us anything when we've been chasing games. Then to top it all off he brought Milner on. I guess it's a common complaint among fan bases. I see you have your own "make a sub Ole" thread.

Wayne's World

I'm never going to want him sacked but his subs do my head in. Maybe this is a general thing people say about the manager when a team is struggling but why take off the only player who ever scores when Mane wasn't offering anything all night? Chamberlain for Jones was weird as well. Wijnaldum hasn't given us anything when we've been chasing games. Then to top it all off he brought Milner on. I guess it's a common complaint among fan bases. I see you have your own "make a sub Ole" thread.
He's the greatest manager you have had since the 80's. Would take me about three years of shit subs before I'd get pissed off at him with that type of success, nothing like Ole at all.

There's literally not one manager in World football that would have done what Klopp has done for Liverpool

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
He's the greatest manager you have had since the 80's. Would take me about three years of shit subs before I'd get pissed off at him with that type of success, nothing like Ole at all.

There's literally not one manager in World football that would have done what Klopp has done for Liverpool
Yeah I get that, and I'm not saying I'm fed up with him in general, but previous success doesn't excuse what's happening now. There are extenuating circumstances but we shouldn't be having our worst run of form at home in our history with the players Klopp has available. We've been second best in a lot of these games as well which is what's more worrying.

croadyman

Over Ole? That’s like saying would you take Margot Robbie over Vanessa Feltz.
Yeah know it would never happen with Woody here after the Disneyland stuff but the incredible thing is some of our fanbase would still happily take Ole over a top class proven manager like him but there you go

Yakuza_devils

I don't think he will be sacked. He has done wonder for Liverpool. 97 and 99 points finish in the last 2 season with CL and PL champion medal.

Most probably he will resign and look for new challenges.

It will be interesting to see what he can do with money especially at RM, Barca, Juve, PSG or BM.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I don't think he will be sacked. He has done wonder for Liverpool. 97 and 99 points finish in the last 2 season with CL and PL champion medal.

It will be interesting to see what he can do with money especially at RM, Barca, Juve, PSG or BM.
He spent quite a lot at Liverpool. Have Bayern and Juve actually spent more than them?

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Why is he always moaning at the ref at the end of the game even when there's nothing to moan about. He keeps doing it, game after game.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Not sure one can say this conclusively. Conte has bridged a 21 point gap between Inter and Juve in 18/19 to most likely become champions this season. Simone went from 26/24 points behind Barcelona in 2012/13 to hit 90 points in 2013/14 to take the title.

Great achievement but other managers have huge achievements too.

croadyman

You’d want him here? Now?
Yeah I have rated Klopp since the Dortmund days but don't worry there is more chance of hell freezing over than a Liverpool manager ever going on to join United because it is sacrilege and rightfully so

Guy Incognito

It wouldn't surprise me if he squeezes one more league title out of this squad.

Liverpool's problem is the same as United, Spurs, Arsenal. Very few can freshen up their squads without worrying about the risks like Man City. City's business plan is full proof as long as Pep is there, so you'd have to credit any team that finishes above them in a league season.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
this has gone a full blown repeat of his last dortmund season when shit hit the bed
Can't say for certain until next season. I'm still pretty confident we can turn things around again with most of our squad fully healthy. Maybe not to 95-100 total points level, but enough to be competing on different fronts.

It's been shit though and it's been shit for a long while now. Hopefully we won't feck it up against Leipzig next weekend and still have a CL QF to look forward to, but the performance level in those games needs to be day and night difference compared to what we've shown in the Premier League since Christmas, not sure it's doable either.

Loads of people saw that coming, his style is not sustainable long term. I think most of us expected it sooner and its a shame they scraped a title* before it happened.