Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Kieta is proper Liverpool signing. They hype him up to the moon and then he does feck all.
Pretty sure this place hyped him up as much if not more than we did. Massive flop. I've defended him before but it's been three years. Doesn't offer anything when he plays.

Our fans have a weird obsession with Keita.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Pretty sure this place hyped him up as much if not more than we did. Massive flop. I've defended him before but it's been three years. Doesn't offer anything when he plays.

Was he injured to be subbed early tonight or just crap?

Posh Red

You are right. I remember a lot of posters being gutted he’d signed for Liverpool and were expecting big things from him.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Was he injured to be subbed early tonight or just crap?
Just crap. Klopp said the change after 42 minutes was tactical which makes Keita starting seem all the more baffling.
You are right. I remember a lot of posters being gutted he’d signed for Liverpool and were expecting big things from him.
There're a lot of Bundesliga fans on here who probably saw how good he was at Leipzig.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Has it really been 3 years? Christ

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Just crap. Klopp said the change after 42 minutes was tactical which makes Keita starting seem all the more baffling.

There're a lot of Bundesliga fans on here who probably saw how good he was at Leipzig.
I flicked between the two matches so didn’t pay too much attention to him, I seen earlier someone mention hamstring so was just curious. Strange timing just before half-time, do you think klopp wanted to make a point

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
I flicked between the two matches so didn’t pay too much attention to him, I seen earlier someone mention hamstring so was just curious. Strange timing just before half-time, do you think klopp wanted to make a point
I think Klopp wanted to make a point by starting him and giving him a chance, then regretted it about 30 minutes into the match. Players like him, Wijnaldum, Henderson etc get shown up by genuine quality like Kroos & Modric.

Modric at 35 is better on the ball than anyone we have.

Vanrouge

Genuine question, not trolling: were Klopp's comments about the ref, accusing him of having a personal agenda against Mané, crossing a line for UEFA? Surely that's not something managers are allowed to say publicly, or am I overreacting?

PaulScholes99

Maybe my memory is just that bad but i thought you were also raving about his incredible quality and that the only problem is that he can't stay fit. So i'd say you had the same obsession at least half a year ago. But it is quite common that people speak very highly about people that are constantly injured and "what a player they could be" because they tend to remember glimpses of quality and ignore some bad games.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Maybe my memory is just that bad but i thought you were also raving about his incredible quality and that the only problem is that he can't stay fit. So i'd say you had the same obsession at least half a year ago. But it is quite common that people speak very highly about people that are constantly injured and "what a player they could be" because they tend to remember glimpses of quality and ignore some bad games.
I probably was knowing me. :lol:

Yeah we've all done it. If 'Player X' wasn't injured and could just get fit he'd be a world beater.

TheReligion

Abusive
That he does well when he plays is a total myth. He has about 1 good game in 3, and there's nothing from his Liverpool career that suggests he's "exceptional"
Yeah this. I keep seeing it peddled but I don't think I've seen him do anything to justify the fee.

Fred has been the better signing by far.

PaulScholes99

Yeah we've all done it. If 'Player X' wasn't injured and could just get fit he'd be a world beater.
Fair play to you

Oh boy just imagine a fit Phil Jones. The boy could have produced so much more viral video material :lol:

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Genuine question, not trolling: were Klopp's comments about the ref, accusing him of having a personal agenda against Mané, crossing a line for UEFA? Surely that's not something managers are allowed to say publicly, or am I overreacting?
Its his attempt at mind games with the ref's.

Cloud7

Why do managers always have to give such crappy excuses that absolutely no one buys into? Would it be that much of a crime to say that we got it wrong today, and we’ll come back out and do better next time? I mean, players say it all the time, why can’t a manager?

Rather than going on about the wind, the fans not there, the playing field etc etc. when no one actually takes these excuses seriously.

RooneyLegend

His coaching this season has been terrible. It's amazing that a coach of his level has been completely unable to adjust to losing his defenders. They are obviously struggling because of the injuries but you'd think hed try something new but it's same old same old.

Teams have been killing them down the channels from December, surely it's time to tell his full backs to alternate offensively and if that fails, to both sit back. Done an absolutely terrible job this season.

AshRK

His coaching this season has been terrible. It's amazing that a coach of his level has been completely unable to adjust to losing his defenders. They are obviously struggling because of the injuries but you'd think hed try something new but it's same old same old.

Teams have been killing them down the channels from December, surely it's time to tell his full backs to alternate offensively and if that fails, to both sit back. Done an absolutely terrible job this season.
That's true. He has been hiding behind injuries but to be fair even with VVD they were poor. And the way the media and their supporters cry about injuries one would feel their whole team was decimated. Their first choice front three have been fit for almost every match, Jota injured because of Klopp's wierd selection to play him and others in a meaningless match in cl group stage. Their first choice full backs have been available for almost the whole season. Fabinho, Winjaldum, Miller have been available for almost whole season. Thiago has been shit. They got two new defenders and one of them god knows where he is. So don't understand the whole injury cry.

Real madrid yesterday played without their three first choics defenders. Klopp is a top coach but feel when things go south he gets a lot of leeway. I know social media wasn't around to this extent during sir alex times but even he didn't get this much leeway. Like Liverpool had at max 10 minutes of good play yesterday and the BT commentators were saying these two teams are playing some amazing football. I was like wtf. Also, the fact that klopp got his starting line up totally wrong by playing Keita is not being scrutinized enough tells you everything of how protected he is.

RashyForPM

Completely agree. It feels like atm, every single team who has a go at team will come out with either a draw or a win. Literally, their last 3 PL wins came against Sheff Utd, Wolves and Arsenal, all of whom played their name instead of Pool’s actual players. With Robertson and TAA stupidly bombing forward, once you actually attack that back 2 of Kabak and Phillips, possibly the worst defensive pairing in the PL told to play a high line, you gets goals and results. Sheff Utd would have lost no matter what, but Wolves and Arsenal should never have lost to Pool considering their attacking quality.

Villa must take note. They’ll probably get a result if they really go at them, and I give them a massive chance if Grealish is fit.

AshRK

Completely agree. It feels like atm, every single team who has a go at team will come out with either a draw or a win. Literally, their last 3 PL wins came against Sheff Utd, Wolves and Arsenal, all of whom played their name instead of Pool’s actual players. With Robertson and TAA stupidly bombing forward, once you actually attack that back 2 of Kabak and Phillips, possibly the worst defensive pairing in the PL told to play a high line, you gets goals and results. Sheff Utd would have lost no matter what, but Wolves and Arsenal should never have lost to Pool considering their attacking quality.

Villa must take note. They’ll probably get a result if they really go at them, and I give them a massive chance if Grealish is fit.
Arsenal are crap. I would be fuming if we lose to this Liverpool the way they did. Have to question arteta big time.

RashyForPM

Arsenal are crap. I would be fuming if we lose to this Liverpool the way they did. Have to question arteta big time.
He clearly told them to contain in a low block (I don’t even think he wanted them to counter), and just let Pool pick them apart, with Robertson and TAA’s naivety not exposed. They could not have chosen a style of play more suited to the opposition’s game plan than what they did. If he actually showed some balls, Aubameyang would have torn Pool’s defence apart in behind TAA.

RoyH1

It could very well be over the line for Klopp and a fine is incoming. That said, maybe UEFA doesn't want the grief of having to deal with the sycophant press surrounding Liverpool and would rather let sleeping dogs lie.

Sylar

Better than Pogba they said.
Remember Jamie Redknapp seven minutes into his debut saying some nonsense about how he looks like he's been there for 7 years or something or already a ready made Liverpool player

Twins

"Everybody loves a golden shower"
I mean plenty of people bring it up, it’s just easier to look past when you’re winning things. He was atrocious tonight and didn’t bother, sadly when you’ve been saying a player needs a run of games for going on 3 years it’s probably never going to work out.

I think we might move him on, if someone else can keep him fit they’ve got a potentially exceptional midfielder on their hands but I don’t really see it working for him here. He can’t stay fit enough and a performance like that is incredibly damaging. It’s a shame as he usually does do very well when he plays.
I still have hope that Anderson will be a hit for United once he gets a couple of games.

TheReligion

Abusive

I don't think Klopp is a particularly flexible coach. It's kind of a one size fits all approach and he seems to struggle to vary things which can be problematic when plan A has been sussed out or clearly needs some adjustment.

You'd think his number 2 and coaching staff would be at him over this. I recall they did make some technical adjustments with the attacking patterns of their full backs as they were too exposed in his first season so unsure why he's unwilling to make alterations now.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I don't think Klopp is a particularly flexible coach. It's kind of a one size fits all approach and he seems to struggle to vary things which can be problematic when plan A has been sussed out or clearly needs some adjustment.

You'd think his number 2 and coaching staff would be at him over this. I recall they did make some technical adjustments with the attacking patterns of their full backs as they were too exposed in his first season so unsure why he's unwilling to make alterations now.
I'd guess because he doesn't have better options available at LB and RB from a defensive standpoint. Might be better to take the bad with the good and still hope to outscore teams with one of the top threats of your attacking game available. If you tell TAA to strictly focus on his defendig, you're taking away the strong part of his game and he still might even struggle defensively.

Also worth noting that we've had a few clean sheets in a row before last night. Our defense as a whole is just not good enough right now against quality opposition.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Top drawer trolling from Klopp, that. You can bet your bottom dollar that the Scouse sycophants in the media will peddle that excuse for him all the way until the return leg, too. Michael Owen will mention “the fans” and “the semi-final comeback against Barcelona in 2019” at least ten times in his pre-match punditry on the night, wait and the see, the absolute wrong’un.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool

I think this season has made me come to a similar conclusion regarding Klopp. He's been fantastic and delivered what he promised, but it remains to be seen if he's got it in him to rebuild the side/reinvent the way we play. Guardiola did a really good job of adjusting City to be more resolute at the back which gave them a platform to succeed off of this season.

Klopp seems to struggle a bit more if he's missing a few pieces, although he obviously doesn't have the same resources as Pep does.

Real Name

Comments about the stadium are both funny and disrespecting. Why does it matter if its a proper stadium or not since there are no fans. What a cnut.

Vanrouge

It could very well be over the line for Klopp and a fine is incoming. That said, maybe UEFA doesn't want the grief of having to deal with the sycophant press surrounding Liverpool and would rather let sleeping dogs lie.
Yes, you're probably right. UEFA are inscrutable. Maybe I should be directing my questions at the media. I mean, if this had been, say, Mourinho making such allegations, there would have been an outpouring of outrage in the media. Whereas I don't think I've seen a single mention of Klopp's strange outburst.

Redcy

Yes, you're probably right. UEFA are inscrutable. Maybe I should be directing my questions at the media. I mean, if this had been, say, Mourinho making such allegations, there would have been an outpouring of outrage in the media. Whereas I don't think I've seen a single mention of Klopp's strange outburst.
Of course not the media has for a long time been heavily scouse based, and with Kloppo at the helm, they fecking adore them, I mean last year we were being told that this was possibly the greatest club team of all time, and definitely the greatest PL team, and how they would dominate for a decade... barely a mention of how shit they are and why, its all about how they miss playing in front of crowds and how many injuries they have. Puke inducing

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT

Haah.. Completely agree. To be fair, i shat the pants watching keita going Liverpool. Hard to believe its been 3 years, what happened to him? I have completely forgotten about him. I guess he didn't suit klopps system? What are the chances for him to rebuild it like robben or zaha?

Djemba-Djemba

I'd guess because he doesn't have better options available at LB and RB from a defensive standpoint. Might be better to take the bad with the good and still hope to outscore teams with one of the top threats of your attacking game available. If you tell TAA to strictly focus on his defendig, you're taking away the strong part of his game and he still might even struggle defensively.

Also worth noting that we've had a few clean sheets in a row before last night. Our defense as a whole is just not good enough right now against quality opposition.
I think playing Arsenal right before Madrid was probably a bad thing for you in hindsight.

Arsenal were so utterly fecking pathetic it was probably difficult to adjust from going from playing against a team with no intention of attacking and just waiting to be beaten to then playing a Madrid side with actual tactics that was motivated and trying to score.

Was like preparing to fight Anthony Joshua by having a warm up fight with Mr Bean.

Last edited:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Why do managers always have to give such crappy excuses that absolutely no one buys into? Would it be that much of a crime to say that we got it wrong today, and we’ll come back out and do better next time? I mean, players say it all the time, why can’t a manager?

Rather than going on about the wind, the fans not there, the playing field etc etc. when no one actually takes these excuses seriously.
First and foremost, and that’s most important, I think we didn’t deserve to win tonight. We didn’t play good enough for that and that’s maybe my first concern [and] what I think about. Especially in the first half, we didn’t play good enough football. We pressed them kind of OK, they were under pressure, they had to shoot a lot of long balls without a proper target, we won these balls but we gave these balls pretty much with the second pass away again. That didn’t help.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/fi...n-klopp-real-madrid-champions-league-reaction

More often than not it's not the coach that's the problem, but rather the consumer being unable to read past the clickbait headlines.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
First and foremost, and that’s most important, I think we didn’t deserve to win tonight. We didn’t play good enough for that and that’s maybe my first concern [and] what I think about. Especially in the first half, we didn’t play good enough football. We pressed them kind of OK, they were under pressure, they had to shoot a lot of long balls without a proper target, we won these balls but we gave these balls pretty much with the second pass away again. That didn’t help.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/fi...n-klopp-real-madrid-champions-league-reaction

More often than not it's not the coach that's the problem, but rather the consumer being unable to read past the clickbait headlines.
Despite the 'excuses' Klopp always, always, thinks about what he's done wrong. And then corrects it quickly. Keita was a huge mistake and he corrected it in the first half, not after 60 minutes. Led to a vital away goal lifeline rather than a 4-0 thrashing.

He's having so many 'learning sessions' this season having to use his second or even third XI level players at times, and failing. He should be so much more prepared from the experience for next season in the PL.

Zen86

Despite the 'excuses' Klopp always, always, thinks about what he's done wrong. And then corrects it quickly. Keita was a huge mistake and he corrected it in the first half, not after 60 minutes. Led to a vital away goal lifeline rather than a 4-0 thrashing.

He's having so many 'learning sessions' this season having to use his second or even third XI level players at times, and failing. He should be so much more prepared from the experience for next season in the PL.
Indeed, Liverpool are becoming stronger with every loss. The league should tremble at Klopp and all the unique lessons he has learnt.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Indeed, Liverpool are becoming stronger with every loss. The league should tremble at Klopp and all the unique lessons he has learnt.
How you can read his post and take that away from it is quite something.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
There ya go, the Alfredo Di Stefano ground isn't proper enough.
It's funny to think of Salah, Klopp and co. motivating themselves by imagining a victory at the Bernabeu against Ramos as a starter.