Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

AshRK

I actually have no idea what Klopp is on about re: Neville.
He sounded really petty after the match. It's like he just wanted to move away from this SL subject and focus on Neville. I was extremely disappointed with his post match interview.

Imagine Ole going on rant against Carragher and calling glazers good people.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
He sounded really petty after the match. It's like he just wanted to move away from this SL subject and focus on Neville. I was extremely disappointed with his post match interview.

Imagine Ole going on rant against Carragher and calling glazers good people.

AshRK

Still doesn't justify the pettiness of Klopp. Funny how he chose not to say a word against Carragher who also criticized Liverpool. Hey nice way to fool Liverpool supporters by ranting against a Manchester United legend. Pettiness at it's best.

NoLogo

Seriously. I like that he is against the ESL and says it but he needs to stop whining about other teams treating them unfairly and take one on the chin. Did the players and coaching teams deserve the mocking? Maybe not them personal but the club definitely deserved this. I wouldn't hold it against the next team that plays against us if they got a dig in.

AshRK

Seriously. I like that he is against the ESL and says it but he needs to stop whining about other teams treating them unfairly and take one on the chin. Did the players and coaching teams deserve the mocking? Maybe not them personal but the club definitely deserved this. I wouldn't hold it against the next team that plays against us if they got a dig in.
But that's the question, where is he getting this idea that people are questioning the players and the managers. He is either intentionally trying to turn this into pundit vs players/managers therby shifting the focus or he is a fool.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Klopp is in a much stronger position of power than those two are. He can say what he wants and keep his job. Or if he loses it, he gets a huge pay off and he walks into just about any other job he likes. Him and Guardiola are the only ones in that position. I think it’s a little unfair to expect Solskjaer to do it. Firstly because he won’t walk into any other job he likes and managing Manchester United is the only job that matters to him. That doesn’t apply to Guardiola or Klopp. Or Tuchel for that matter.
Fair point.

Although Tuchel would have no shortage of job offers if Chelsea showed him the door.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Klopp is in a much stronger position of power than those two are. He can say what he wants and keep his job. Or if he loses it, he gets a huge pay off and he walks into just about any other job he likes. Him and Guardiola are the only ones in that position. I think it’s a little unfair to expect Solskjaer to do it. Firstly because he won’t walk into any other job he likes and managing Manchester United is the only job that matters to him. That doesn’t apply to Guardiola or Klopp. Or Tuchel for that matter.
You make it sound like Ole is not a millionaire who s set for life. He can make a noise about this, resign and then live out his days safe in the knowledge that he stood up for something many people are passionate about.

Then he can even go back to Molde and manage them. I think they'd be my new club if that happens.

acnumber9

You make it sound like Ole is not a millionaire who s set for life. He can make a noise about this, resign and then live out his days safe in the knowledge that he stood up for something many people are passionate about.

Then he can even go back to Molde and manage them. I think they'd be my new club if that happens.
He could, but I don’t think it’s fair to expect him to do that either. I’m not sure even Alex Ferguson would’ve.

Of the managers of these six clubs, he’s the one with the most to lose. It’s much easier for Klopp or Guardiola who both make considerably more money and who will have their pick of jobs.

SER19

Klopp bottled it last night. Hopefully Solskjaer does right by the fans. If there's significant resistance by Friday it might be easier for him to do so

CM10

Klopp attempting to take shots at Neville for a fairly tame comment about YAWN in the context of everything that's happening made him look a right tit last night. I'm not Neville's biggest fan but he spoke well and did well to put Klopp right on his stupid digs.

Perhaps Klopp is frustrated he can't say more than he has but I don't think that put him in a good light at all. Neville and Carragher were actually very generous in their appraisal of his pre-match interview, he might be opposed to it but Klopp didn't say very much in that interview to put that point across.

Seven Seas Sardines

Imagine Ole going on rant and calling glazers good people.
You're saying this as if he's not already repeatedly done so, while calling out our "loud fans who are not the best fans".

I'd be extremely surprised if he went back to stand by his 2005 comments against the Glazers. Even in the face of losing football I can see this spineless yes man bending over once again. Fine legacy you're about to leave behind Ole; the enabler of the death of football for a few extra quid and months in the spotlight.

Last edited:

Withnail

Klopp bottled it last night. Hopefully Solskjaer does right by the fans. If there's significant resistance by Friday it might be easier for him to do so
I think he'll stay out of it to be honest.

Him and the players are in a really crappy position. Stuck in the spotlight having to answer questions about something they had no input in and no control over that they likely think is a pile of shit but their bosses are all for.

AshRK

You're saying this as if he's not already repeatedly done so, while calling out our "loud fans who are not the best fans".

I'd be extremely surprised if he went back to stand by his 2005 comments against the Glazers. Even in the face of losing football I can see this spineless yes man bending over once again. Fine legacy you're about to leave behind Ole; the enabler of the death of football for a few extra quid and months in the spotlight.
But did Ole defend the glazers after the super league story broke out and rant on a tv pundit.

And if Ole is puppet so is klopp and tuchel.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
But did Ole defend the glazers after the super league story broke out and rant on a tv pundit.

And if Ole is puppet so is klopp and tuchel.
And time will tell which of these puppets take the high ground and resign (rightfully so). Or which will stick around stating their hands are tied, etc.

Klopp could well be one of those puppets that stick around. But his demeanour and comments seen to suggest he won't. Tuchel is up next for the roasting tonight. Ole is lucky he has until Sunday before being forced to open his mouth, though nothing is stopping him from speaking now. Why won't he speak? Let's see if Leeds players hand Utd players the Earn It t-shirts too.

AshRK

And time will tell which of these puppets take the high ground and resign (rightfully so). Or which will stick around stating their hands are tied, etc.

Klopp could well be one of those puppets that stick around. But his demeanour and comments seen to suggest he won't. Tuchel is up next four the roasting tonight. Ole is lucky he has until Sunday before being forced to open his mouth, though nothing is stopping him from speaking now. Why won't he speak? Let's see if Leeds players hand Utd players the Earn It t-shirts too.
But it's not about Ole vs klopp. My original comment was how klopp was focusing more on Neville when neville in MNF did clarify he never blamed the players or managers. Klopp took out on easy target and half of the Liverpool fans like yourself will buy it. Hence I said imagine if Ole did the same, he would also feel the heat ( at least from me)

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
But it's not about Ole vs klopp. My original comment was how klopp was focusing more on Neville when neville in MNF did clarify he never blamed the players or managers. Klopp took out on easy target and half of the Liverpool fans like yourself will buy it. Hence I said imagine if Ole did the same, he would also feel the heat ( at least from me)
And the reason for focusing on Neville is because he is a hypocritical twat, per the above video. As is Carragher. But Neville for longer. Klopp took it personally just like Utd fans probably would have in 1992 when Hansen was calling Ferguson a sellout. It's an emotional time for those involved.

AshRK

And the reason for focusing on Neville is because he is a hypocritical twat, per the above video. As is Carragher. But Neville for longer. Klopp took it personally just like Utd fans probably would have in 1992 when Hansen was calling Ferguson a sellout. It's an emotional time for those involved.
But doesn't make klopp or fergie correct. I agree neville can be a pain but I don't understand why Klopp took Neville's comments personally when there was no indication that he was mocking Liverpool players or Klopp. He openly was disgusted with Manchester United owners as well as Liverpool. He said he was disappointed the most with these two clubs. What's wrong with that. Carragher also had the same opinion, nothing wrong with that. Klopp coming after the game to specifically talk about Neville when Neville in the MNF clearly clarified again that he was not mocking Liverpool players or manager and he even apologized if Klopp felt that way. Klopp's comments just looked childish.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Nope. That never happened. Fergie was the only manager in 1992 who was against it and raised issues.

Manchester United's manager, Alex Ferguson, described it as a 'nonsense' which would 'sell supporters down the river'.
https://books.google.ie/books?id=yjmdDwAAQBAJ&pg=PA111&dq=alex+ferguson+1992+against+the+Premier+league&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj-moPm3IzwAhWTsnEKHTwPBdMQ6AEwAXoECAIQAw#v=onepage&q=alex ferguson 1992 against the Premier league&f=false

Last edited:

Withnail

It seemed like Klopp chose to misinterpret what Neville said as a deflection exercise. Are you really suggesting he misunderstood what Neville meant?

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster

Bit rich of Klopp to accuse anyone of hypocrisy and following the money.

Acole9

Outstanding
Had the opportunity to come out and criticise the plans but no, Klopp being the wanker he is decided to criticise Gary Neville instead. The sooner he fecks off out of English football the better.

NoLogo

But that's the question, where is he getting this idea that people are questioning the players and the managers. He is either intentionally trying to turn this into pundit vs players/managers therby shifting the focus or he is a fool.
As far as I have read it he was mainly speaking about the action Leeds did before the game with their training shirts and apparently they had also put them in the Liverpool locker, which he apparently thought was a bad move because he thought it was supposed to pressure them into wearing them or look like the bad guys. He also mentioned that he thought it was rude they were shouted at and booed by the Leeds fans when they came to the stadium as if it was their fault that Liverpool higher ups decided to join the ESL. At least that is how the situation was portrayed in Kicker, Nevilles name wasn't even mentioned.

But like I said I don't get his reaction either, of course he and the team didn't make the decision but fans are going to vent their frustration at someone so now to whine about it seems a bit stupid. It's alright when he says "Me and the team didn't make that decision but I can understand that fans are angry and need an outlet for this at the moment but we were not part of that decision process."

Edit: just noticed there seems to be an interview where he specifically mentions Neville or something, well if that's the case he really needs to stop whining, Neville feels the same way about this being a shitty move from United and Liverpool and pretty much everyone else involved.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Come on, you are bright enough to understand what Klopp was doing?

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.

What the feck kind of post is this?

Slagging off Ole before he has even said something??

Ahahahahaha, Jesus.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
If this happened when Ferguson was around, he most certainly would have taken a stand against it.

Your manager failed to do that in any meaningful manner, and instead had a go at a television pundit.

Seven Seas Sardines

What the feck kind of post is this?

Slagging off Ole before he has even said something??

Ahahahahaha, Jesus.
He's been jumping back and forth over the fence whenever it's suited him. Calling out Glazers in 2005, then calling out the fans as soon as they employ him.

I hope he speaks out as a self-proclaimed fan of United and football, but I wouldn't bet on it. He's been happy watching the Glazers ruin our club while shutting disagreeing fans up, so no doubt he'd rather see football suffer the same fate than lose his job without a massive payout.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
He's been jumping back and forth over the fence whenever it's suited him. Calling out Glazers in 2005, then calling out the fans as soon as they employ him.

I hope he speaks out as a self-proclaimed fan of United and football, but I wouldn't bet on it. He's been happy watching the Glazers ruin our club while shutting disagreeing fans up, so no doubt he'd rather see football suffer the same fate than lose his job without a massive payout.
:houllier:

Great day for football though

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
I cant believe Gary Nevillle has done this

U99ted

So I check The Sky Sports app to see an equaliser chalked off. Seconds later Newcastle score anyway. How seriously shit do you have to be to not see that one out? :lol:

Mental Midgets.