Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
These clubs that do the "funnies" always end up with egg on their faces down the line.

Probably when they get shattered 6-0 v Liverpool next season. But for now we chuckle :)

Teja

They look like they just want the season to end. Top four, CL, cups gone, so just get through the remaining 5 games and go on vacation.

Ananke

Honestly expected more from klopp during all this. Feels like he’s trying to kill momentum on any movement?

Think the reason he’s taking the protests personally is because he likes his owners, trusts his owners and is in favour of them. But trust me, they’re all snakes in disguise. Anyone who tried jumping ship to leave the rest to drown is a snake, never trust a snake.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
There was no wind, no rain, no snow, no fog, VAR went their way, Alisson's feet weren't cold, Man Utd weren't given any penalties and Gary Neville wasn't being a big meanie about their club song before the match.

This kills the Klopp :(

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
They look like they just want the season to end. Top four, CL, cups gone, so just get through the remaining 5 games and go on vacation.
Loads are going to the Euros,Copa America and the African players have WC qualifiers.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
There was no wind, no rain, no snow, no fog, VAR went their way, Alisson's feet weren't cold, Man Utd weren't given any penalties and Gary Neville wasn't being a big meanie about their club song before the match.

This kills the Klopp :(
No t shirts either.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Much better interview. Was clearly looking to avoid burning certain players, mainly those that couldn't finish and those that gave the ball away cheaply at the end. But made the clear statement that if you players are not in it it's because you don't deserve it, and by implication I will replace you with those that deserve it.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I think it’s the new glasses. His players can’t take him seriously now he looks like Where’s Wally.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I think it’s the new glasses. His players can’t take him seriously now he looks like Where’s Wally.
I think it’s the players who need glasses. 146 shots on goal this calendar year at Anfield and 4 goals (1 penalty) scored.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
So I check The Sky Sports app to see an equaliser chalked off. Seconds later Newcastle score anyway. How seriously shit do you have to be to not see that one out? :lol:

Mental Midgets.
That was glorious. I saw the first equaliser get knocked off and was gutted. I didn't check again for about an hour and thought my app hadn't updated properly :lol:

Dansk

How much does it count against a manager's legacy if his teams collapse after a few seasons? Dortmund and now Liverpool; they overperform for a few years and then it all comes crashing down. It's only two clubs, but still. Can't put it all on VVD's injury--as important as he is, it's not as if they're the first team to lose a key player for most of a season. I recall we once had such an injury crisis that we had to field seven defenders against Arsenal. VVD's absence feels more like an excuse than a reason. We once lost Vidic for a similar amount of time and didn't drop seven spots in the league table. His replacement was an inexperienced Jonny Evans, so it's not as though we had a remarkable backup.

Someone on here once posted a pretty good theory. We know that in Klopp's teams (both Dortmund and Liverpool), something like 60% of the players are medicated for asthma. It's not illegal, but it's obvious that they don't actually have asthma. Can't remember what the medicine is called, but it's really rough on your cardiovascular system if you're simultaneously a professional athlete, so players need to be taken off of it for a while every so often. Normally that's done in the summer when they're on break, but if players keep taking the medicine for long enough, they need to be off of it for longer each consecutive season in order to not risk serious health problems. So after a certain number of seasons, the summer break isn't long enough. And during COVID, the season schedule has been completely different and would get in the way of that carefully constructed medical routine.

Couldn't begin to say with any certainty if that's the reason, but the asthma thing is true, and it kind of matches the pattern of Klopp's tenure at Dortmund and Liverpool. He was at Dortmund for longer, but Dortmund weren't at the top when he arrived, and they didn't have an irregular season schedule to interfere with the medical routine. If this is in fact the reason that he's 2 for 2 with regards to his teams crashing and burning after a few seasons at the top, that would be very interesting to look into.

One thing's for sure: their downward spiral this season is not just because of injuries. Plenty of teams face similar injury problems and don't go from one of the best in Europe to absolute trash practically overnight. They weren't crippled by injuries when they lost 7-2 to Aston Villa early on in the season. While the injuries certainly haven't helped, it's clear that their decline is way, way more dramatic than what injuries alone can possibly be responsible for.

Last edited:

Kaos

Flashbacks to his latter months at Dortmund - shattered, deflated, bereft of ideas. I don't see him getting sacked though, he's still idolised there and the owners wouldn't dare risk further angering their fans by sacking him. He could feasibly end up at Bayern though.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Flashbacks to his latter months at Dortmund - shattered, deflated, bereft of ideas. I don't see him getting sacked though, he's still idolised there and the owners wouldn't dare risk further angering their fans by sacking him. He could feasibly end up at Bayern though.
Imagine this just went on and on into next season and he eventually gets sacked. Madness. It was obvious Jose and Lampard were going to go at some stage but Klopp, no way

Drawfull

This is a good point with the ESL damage fresh in fans' minds, would the owners risk getting rid? There'd be carnage.

Gazza

Feels like Klopp had misread the room by coming out so aggressively in defense of his team/club. Everyone knows it’s not his fault or his players’ but this is a moment in the game that is bigger than that. He needs to stop whining about it, he is gonna get on the wrong end of the media who up until this point lionize the man

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
He should've resigned on Monday using the Super League as the excuse - would've saved himself being shown-up by Steve Bruce today :)