Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

arthurka

Yeah.. "petulant", "childish", "Jack Nicholson from Shining", "bitter lunatic", "victim mentality", "extremely sore loser", "bitter cnut" - that's just from this page.
Which one of those doesn´t fit? If you take this interview where he is calm and composed he goes into all these things and thats even without loosing, you could imagine how he would have been had Utd seen it through. He is a extremely poor looser and when things don´t go his way he acts out.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Nobody's gonna listen to your reasonable remarks in this thread. It's a hatred thread.
99% here don't watch his interviews, only read extracts posted on biased resources. Which is understandable, you usually don't watch rival managers speak. But making conclusions based on limited info is unwise, imo.
You can't really blame people for not watching his interviews, they probably don't want to have to look at his 'teeth'. ;)

Irrational.

Yeah.. "petulant", "childish", "Jack Nicholson from Shining", "bitter lunatic", "victim mentality", "extremely sore loser", "bitter cnut" - that's just from this page.
Let's just ignore him hounding the match officials in a deranged manner for most of the game and his inability to accept a result or any of the decisions that went against him and instead complain about how everyone on this board is picking on poor Kloppy.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
German posters talking about Klopp are the equivalent of Glaston talking about Spurs. Don't know why people bother responding them.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Doesn't need to be explained surely.

Christ :lol:
I think it does since you seem blissfully unaware.

“Always the victims, it’s never your fault” has its roots in mocking the Justice for the 96 campaign and the idea that liverpudlians felt victimised by their treatment by the police and authorities (and of course the Sun).
When the fans were claiming that the fans were not actually at fault for what happened at Hillsborough and kept demanding justice for the injustice wrought upon the victims and their families, rival fans thought it was ridiculous and started the chants of "“Always the victims, it’s never your fault” as if the Liverpool fans should simply accept the (false) blame and move on.

Took more than 20 years for the truth to be officially acknowledged that no fans were in fact at fault for what happened at Hillsborough and that there had been a genuine government conspiracy to cover up the truth of what happened and place blame on the fans instead authorities.

But do carry on.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Let's just ignore him hounding the match officials in a deranged manner
for most of the game and his inability to accept a result or any of the decisions that went against him and instead complain about how everyone on this board is picking on poor Kloppy.
Where did I say his touchline antics were good or that he isn't a sore loser at times?

In this case Sky try to create the most click bait headline possible, so they extract half a sentence from a 5 minute interview. It seems like people are so desperate to get worked up, they lap it up unquestioning, so I link the full interview so that people can get the full picture. Next step I get 10 angry messages. Sorry for interrupting the circle jerk I guess.

Irrational.

Where did I say his touchline antics were good or that he isn't a sore loser at times?

In this case Sky try to create the most click bait headline possible, so they extract half a sentence from a 5 minute interview. It seems like people are so desperate to get worked up, they lap it up unquestioning, so I link the full interview so that people can get the full picture. Next step I get 10 angry messages. Sorry for interrupting the circle jerk I guess.
You love Klopp, we get it.

Regardless of how 'calm' he seemed from his interview that segment about United was how he really felt about the game. Here are a few other quotes you conveniently left out from your clip:

'they were purely there to defend (against) us'.
'(Defending is) the easier thing to do'.
'Ever since I'm in England Man United plays against us like this'.
'There's only one team to defend, then the other team has to make the game'.

All his actions during the game suggest he's seething but he wants to put across some kind of zen front in the post-match interview. Yeah he's not mad at all, he's gracefully accepted the point in a totally calm manner whilst acknowledging how well a depleted United team did. :rolleyes:

norm87cro

We did defend. They were quite clueless. End of. If you consider yourself Champions material these type of games are the ones you can expect since more and more teams will know nothing but 3 points will do it for you. And you have to own it the way all Champions before did. I still think the Dippers are favorites because of their motivation in comparison to City

Last edited:

Yagami

Good post resistant
Yeah United fans being a bit extreme towards a Liverpool manager shocker. Football, bloody hell eh.
I feel like some opposition fans forget this is a Manchester United forum. People associated with Liverpool FC are always going to get stick and whatnot.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
You love Klopp, we get it.

Regardless of how 'calm' he seemed from his interview that segment about United was how he really felt about the game. Here are a few other quotes you conveniently left out from your clip:

'they were purely there to defend (against) us'.
'(Defending is) the easier thing to do'.
'Ever since I'm in England Man United plays against us like this'.
'There's only one team to defend, then the other team has to make the game'.

All his actions during the game suggest he's seething but he wants to put across some kind of zen front in the post-match interview. Yeah he's not mad at all, he's gracefully accepted the point in a totally calm manner whilst acknowledging how well a depleted United team did. :rolleyes:
How can I leave anything out, when I linked the complete interview?

And which of those quotes is actually incorrect? Even Mourinho didn't object to the claim that United were set up very defensively, his reply was more along the lines that Solskjaer can't be blamed for being pragmatic and he correctly pointed out that Klopp's teams have trouble breaking down such a strategy.

I'm not saying Klopp doesn't overstep boundaries on the sidelines either, but he'svery animated when something good happens and he's very animated when something bad happens. It's not like yesterday's behavior during the game was something out of the ordinary.

Last edited:

ash_86

Klopp's a very good coach but not Elie IMO. He still has this mental blockade and doesn't go all out against certain teams like us. Pep on the other hand would have wiped the floor with us if we are sitting ducks. That mentality players get is from the manager.

Ban

How can I leave anything out, when I linked the complete interview?

And which of those quotes is actually incorrect? Even Mourinho didn't object to the claim that United were set up very defensively, his reply was more along the lines that Solskjaer can't be blamed for being pragmatic and he correctly pointed out that Klopp's teams have trouble breaking down such a strategy.

I'm not saying Klopp doesn't overstep boundaries on the sidelines either, but he's very animated when his teams win and he's very animated when something good happens and he's very animated when something bad happens. It's not like yesterday's behavior during the game was something out of the ordinary.
Would it be fair to say he's animated, very animated?

ForeverRed1

All the very best managers are sore losers though, that’s why they are the best. Ferguson was the sorest loser of them all and it’s what drove him!

Stacks

he's a bit of a moaner isn't he? his team showed little quailty and proved Van Gaal right. They need more space in behind than the likes of City and struggle to outplay or break down teams who hold their shape and play deeper

Based Adnan

His antics on the sidelines with the refs is a joke and any other manager would have found themselves sent off with a fine

GazTheLegend

It wasnt 80 minutes though. And there's no chest thumping, it's just Klopp speaking bollocks. Last year we were ravaged by injuries and yet they didn't do anything, year before we won the game in the 1st half practically. Jose is right, OT is his bogey ground.
We had an injury at kickoff as well this time around

We always have shit luck against the scousers on that front at least

Russky14

he's a bit of a moaner isn't he? his team showed little quailty and proved Van Gaal right. They need more space in behind than the likes of City and struggle to outplay or break down teams who hold their shape and play deeper

Absolutely correct. The daft thread have Scouserpool won the league. What was all that about.

LFC have had some run of luck in the last four weeks let alone last season. Sods law will bring that to an end. Klopps teams requires space to operate. Deny it and they struggle. There is is nothing wrong in playing on the counter attack. We just lack the skill or creativity to do it more than once resulting in a goal. If we had the latter & some better decision making from Perriera yesterday we would have scored again.

Anyway they will not win the league & Klopp will have gone within 3 years along with Pep (3 more titles for City but no UCL)

JohnnyKills

“Always the victims, it’s never your fault” has its roots in mocking the Justice for the 96 campaign and the idea that liverpudlians felt victimised by their treatment by the police and authorities (and of course the Sun).
When the fans were claiming that the fans were not actually at fault for what happened at Hillsborough and kept demanding justice for the injustice wrought upon the victims and their families, rival fans thought it was ridiculous and started the chants of "“Always the victims, it’s never your fault” as if the Liverpool fans should simply accept the (false) blame and move on.

Took more than 20 years for the truth to be officially acknowledged that no fans were in fact at fault for what happened at Hillsborough and that there had been a genuine government conspiracy to cover up the truth of what happened and place blame on the fans instead authorities.

But do carry on.
Agree. That jibe should have no place in this debate, or any other debate. Let's move on.

bonothom

Klopps right. How can fans enjoy watching a United team concede 68% possession at home to their bitterest rivals. Its embarrassing. Its like saying we're shit and can't compete. It's the same tactics small clubs adopt when playing the big teams.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Just a whinging whining shithead really when it doesn’t go their way. If other teams set out and tried against them (Leicester excluded, last min dodgy pen did them) they wouldn’t be top on a 17 game winning steak.

Megadrive Man

Supports
Liverpool
Klopps right. How can fans enjoy watching a United team concede 68% possession at home to their bitterest rivals. Its embarrassing. Its like saying we're shit and can't compete. It's the same tactics small clubs adopt when playing the big teams.
Its literally the exact same tactics Roy Hodgson uses. That's your blueprint now.

Yesterdays game reminded me so much of when Hodgson was in charge of Liverpool and runaway leaders Chelsea came to Anfield.

Suedesi

Its literally the exact same tactics Roy Hodgson uses. That's your blueprint now.

Yesterdays game reminded me so much of when Hodgson was in charge of Liverpool and runaway leaders Chelsea came to Anfield.
You may be right, but Liverpool created feckall during the game, that must concern you.

Heinzesight

But do carry on.
Im not saying it’s right but it’s nothing to do with Hillsborough or the JF96 campaign. It’s sung in relation to Suarez and Heysel.

Megadrive Man

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah Liverpool haven't been playing well for a number of games now.

Since the defeat to Napoli in September we've struggled and could have easily dropped points against any of Sheffield United, Chelsea or Leicester.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I agree, we should have gone all out at them, give them the space behind and lost 4-0. That would have shown them!!

mu4c_20le

Did you almost lose that one too?

Josep Dowling

on the VAR issue:

Mané clearly dived against Leicester to win a penalty. No media outrage. No pundits calling it a dive. It was really a case of ‘these things happen’.

Liverpool get one decision go against them and it’s the complete opposite reaction by all. The foul was soft at best, Origi went down very easily and was holding his other leg whilst on the floor. Just because there’s contact it doesn’t mean it’s a foul.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Im not saying it’s right but it’s nothing to do with Hillsborough or the JF96 campaign. It’s sung in relation to Suarez and Heysel.
Using Hillsborough as a defence is despicable.

Its nothing to do with that. The 'victim' comment refers to their entitlement mentality and has been around as long as I can remember.
Lets not bring Heysel into this which is a different issue. The club not taking responsibility.

bonothom

I agree, we should have gone all out at them, give them the space behind and lost 4-0. That would have shown them!!
When United dominated the league in 90's and 2000's not once did the scousers play as negatively as United did on Sunday, especially when they were the home team. They always made it difficult for United, even when United were winning title after title. That second half United performance where we couldn't string 2 passes together, just aimlessly clearing the ball was no better than a bottom half team would do.

Josep Dowling

Probably because we haven’t got the quality to compete with Liverpool head on and realised that before the game. Better to be honest with ourselves than get hammered 3-0 at home.

End of the day you had 68% and come away with 1 point. Possession means absolutely jack shit if you don’t win the game. You guys are just wound up as once again everything was in your favour and you still couldn’t get a result at Old Trafford.

bonothom

Probably because we haven’t got the quality to compete with Liverpool head on and realised that before the game. Better to be honest with ourselves than get hammered 3-0 at home.

End of the day you had 68% and come away with 1 point. Possession means absolutely jack shit if you don’t win the game. You guys are just wound up as once again everything was in your favour and you still couldn’t get a result at Old Trafford.
I'm not a bloody Liverpool fan. I'm a United fan. United fans who are celebrating a negative performance like that are the same ones who were slaughtering Mourinho for adopting the same tactics. The hipocrosy is amazing.

Josep Dowling

I'm not a bloody Liverpool fan. I'm a United fan. United fans who are celebrating a negative performance like that are the same ones who were slaughtering Mourinho for adopting the same tactics. The hipocrosy is amazing.
I agree, the patience with Solskjaer really grinds me when things are clearly worse under him than Mourinho. Mourinho was either hated or adored though. The fans that didn’t like him would never have liked him, even when we came second and massively improved that still wasn’t good enough.

JDoe

Supports
Bayern
This is the best way to play against them though. They do have some really good players, but their main strength stems from their system, not the individuals. If you are sitting deep, the opposing team will usually need that moment of magic from their players. City has them in abundance, Liverpool has Mané and Salah and that's about it.

mu4c_20le

I agree, the patience with Solskjaer really grinds me when things are clearly worse under him than Mourinho. Mourinho was either hated or adored though. The fans that didn’t like him would never have liked him, even when we came second and massively improved that still wasn’t good enough.
Are you really upset because people are more sympathetic with a club legend with far less managerial experience? Was it really harsh for us fans to have expected more from a world class manager like Mourinho, after letting him spend over 300m?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I was huge fan of Jose Mourinho until he began his customary process of systematically engineering his departure from the club he no longer wishes to be a part of.

It was fun watching him do it at Chelsea, Juve and Madrid. Not quite so enjoyable when he did it to us though.

PyroMan

Precious lot on here. :D

Klopp talks a lot of sense in that interview (thanks for posting!). Gave us credit for playing well and executing our plan, and lay the blame at his team for not taking playing well.

I guess some people here just look for things to get angry about.