Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
S.A.F. reincarnated. Never been a manager more like Sir Alex in my opinion. He immerses himself right in the fabric of the football club. We don't have to talk about his persona and erratic behaviours as it's inconsequential compared to what he brings.

The great man was worried when they got him and sadly he was right. I worry how we are going to compete with Liverpool whilst he is there. It seems like a case of riding it out until he leaves as I don't think we are well placed to offer up a challenge.
There is an H missing from your username.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
"Rebuilds a mid-table side from the ground up, wins the Champions League, and gets one of the Premier Leagues highest point totals ever in 4 years." would be a more accurate description.
And Leicester came from nowhere to absolutely piss walk the league. Are they the next United? One offs don't mean anything. That's why so many foreign managers fail 'omg they won the league once they must be the new best manager in the world sign them up' never to be repeated. If Liverpool win the next 3 leagues then I'll be inclined to believe that there's some substance there.

Irwin99

How many wins does he have over us in his time as Liverpool boss? There was the one that got Jose sacked but i struggle to think of many others. One against LVG (i think in the Europa league) but he lost to us that season at Anfield too.

Edit - just two wins, only one in the league. There's been a lot of draws over the past few seasons.

Last edited:

sartrejp

Supports
Liverpool
How many wins does he have over us in his time as Liverpool boss? There was the one that got Jose sacked but i struggle to think of many others. One against LVG (i think in the Europa league) but he lost to us that season at Anfield too.

Edit - just two wins, only one in the league. There's been a lot of draws over the past few seasons.
That's the one matchup, where Klopp has struggled to get the team going. Everytime, it feels like the players succumb to the occasion and the atmosphere, and can't play their natural game at OT.
Also, the fact that United have generally always a solid defense (top 4 in the league) even in their recent struggling years, didn't help.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
"Rebuilds a mid-table side from the ground up, wins the Champions League, and gets one of the Premier Leagues highest point totals ever in 4 years." would be a more accurate description.
It is most apt. But expecting everyone to play the way into his game plan is a bit small time and whiny.

Seaman

Supports
Barnet
Does absolutely nothing of note for 3 years then comes close to winning the league = SAF reincarnated.
you can’t compare 4 years vs 20+ years. His first 4 years are far more impressive than SAF first 4 years. That’s all we got so far. Doesn’t mean he will continue this success rate. Also saying he did nothing of note in 3 years is utter nonsense. He was building foundation to a club who had no success in long time

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool

Yeah, bore draws. Broadly speaking the teams have been pretty similar in quality since Klopp arrived. I'd say since last season and into this, there's seen a significant difference in quality emerge.

Swarlos

Supports
Lyn FK, Liverpool
And Leicester came from nowhere to absolutely piss walk the league. Are they the next United? One offs don't mean anything. That's why so many foreign managers fail 'omg they won the league once they must be the new best manager in the world sign them up' never to be repeated. If Liverpool win the next 3 leagues then I'll be inclined to believe that there's some substance there.
No, Leicester is not the next United. You can have one offs. I never said Klopp was the next SAF. But to say he did nothing of note for 3 years is ignorant at best. He gradually improved the team, and have now stabilized it as one of Europe's top sides.

Klopp is not looking to stay in one place for 20 years, and for that reason alone, I don't think he can ever be a SAF incarnated. He can still be a world class manager though, and again, to say he did nothing of note in Liverpool for the first 3 years is simply incorrect.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
No, Leicester is not the next United. You can have one offs. I never said Klopp was the next SAF. But to say he did nothing of note for 3 years is ignorant at best. He gradually improved the team, and have now stabilized it as one of Europe's top sides.

Klopp is not looking to stay in one place for 20 years, and for that reason alone, I don't think he can ever be a SAF incarnated. He can still be a world class manager though, and again, to say he did nothing of note in Liverpool for the first 3 years is simply incorrect.
This. It seems bizarre to me that people are playing down what Klopp has done to what was, let’s not forget, an absolute bomb scare of a team when he took over. I mean, I don’t like the guy but it can’t be that hard to see what he’s achieved?

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
This. It seems bizarre to me that people are playing down what Klopp has done to what was, let’s not forget, an absolute bomb scare of a team when he took over. I mean, I don’t like the guy but it can’t be that hard to see what he’s achieved?
I cannot believe that this is really a discussion, given that we are talking about the reigning champions of Europe.

Denis' cuff

Of course he has done well. Those first couple of years, understandably, were spent adjusting but didn’t Brenton le@ve him a team that really should’ve been a title winning side? He didn’t inherit the mess that successive managers have had to deal with at United, Chelsea or Arsenal. Not downplaying the man but he had a foundation that no other had, apart from Ciddy.

Denis' cuff

What he's done with Liverpool is incredible. For me he's better than Guardiola for taking Liverpool to where they are now.
Hardly incredible winning it nowadays. Mid table teams who are out of contention with their domestic toils have won it several times as have average teams from leagues with little or no competition. Tbf, they did challenge this time, unlike the last.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Of course he has done well. Those first couple of years, understandably, were spent adjusting but didn’t Brenton le@ve him a team that really should’ve been a title winning side?.
What? feck no.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
:D When do you plan on visiting again? @RobinLFC just left after a nice little breakaway here as well.

(Sorry for the derailment).

On topic. Apparently Klopp is somehow linked with a local (non professional) club here in Fish hoek somewhere. Not even sure how the link came about.
Next month for sure!! I'll let you know the details

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Of course he has done well. Those first couple of years, understandably, were spent adjusting but didn’t Brenton le@ve him a team that really should’ve been a title winning side? He didn’t inherit the mess that successive managers have had to deal with at United, Chelsea or Arsenal. Not downplaying the man but he had a foundation that no other had, apart from Ciddy.
A foundation? Yes there was a foundation there, it was full of rot though and falling to pieces. Klopp has had to strip it all out bit by bit and rebuild in its entirety.
This was Brendan's last Liverpool line up:
Mignolet
Can
Skrtel
Sakho
Clyne
Milner
Leiva
Coutinho
Moreno
Sturridge
Ings

Hardly a foundation that's going to win a league. We had Allen, Ibe, Bogdan and Rossiter on the bench that day too. Not sure why you think that could be a title winning side?
Only one of those players is still here and the only other one that would still be worthy of playing in our current side is Coutinho

Brophs

The One and Only
I don’t know why people rise to this. Even if there weren’t a grain of truth in what he’s saying, he’s a great manager to have when he’s managing your club because he knows what buttons to press to keep the supporters happy.

TheBallBoy84

Supports
Liverpool
A foundation? Yes there was a foundation there, it was full of rot though and falling to pieces. Klopp has had to strip it all out bit by bit and rebuild in its entirety.
Mignolet
Can
Skrtel
Sakho
Clyne
Milner
Leiva
Coutinho
Moreno
Sturridge
Ings

Hardly a foundation that's going to win a league. We had Allen, Ibe, Bogdan and Rossiter on the bench that day too. Not sure why you think that could be a title winning side?
Only one of those players is still here and the only other one that would still be worthy of playing in our current side is Coutinho
Firminho was already in that team too, but wasnt exactly setting the world on fire.

Denis' cuff

Mignolet
Can
Skrtel
Sakho
Clyne
Milner
Leiva
Coutinho
Moreno
Sturridge
Ings

Fair enough but they were still a side that came closest to winning it for more than a quarter of a century. Your last comment surely illustrates how well BR did.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Fair enough but they were still a side that came closest to winning it for more than a quarter of a century. Your last comment surely illustrates how well BR did.
Rodgers did really well in getting the best out of Suarez, Sturridge, Sterling and Coutinho to make us an attacking team good enough to compensate for the midtable motley crew behind them.

By the time Klopp took over, Sturridge was a spent force, Sterling had left that summer and Suarez who elevated all of it to an against-the-odds title challenging side long gone.

Replacements?
Balotelli/Lambert Benteke
Ings
Markovic
Lallana

Our expectations after Suarez left were never to challenge for the title, it was a one off thing and certainly so without Suarez. The aim was consolidating ourselves in the top four. Failed miserably.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Wrong we were a mess.
Does absolutely nothing of note for 3 years then comes close to winning the league = SAF reincarnated.
Thank your lucky stars you didn’t get him. Aren’t you ecstatic about that.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
We lost a few players from that 2014 team and the ones that stayed apart from Coutinho were dreadful the following year. Loads on here say that the only reason we challenged was because of Suarez and looking at our results afterwards, it's hard to argue against that. Rodgers also had Gerrard in his 2014 side

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Funny how he doesn't criticise how the teams they cruise past set up isn't it.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
We lost a few players from that 2014 team and the ones that stayed apart from Coutinho were dreadful the following year. Loads on here say that the only reason we challenged was because of Suarez and looking at our results afterwards, it's hard to argue against that. Rodgers also had Gerrard in his 2014 side
I think Sturridge being injured most of the following season contributed to your decline as much as Suarez being sold, if not more.

Don't think any team have ever lost so many goals in one go, you went from having the most firepower in England to a strike force struggling to register one a month between them.

TheReligion

Abusive
S.A.F. reincarnated. Never been a manager more like Sir Alex in my opinion. He immerses himself right in the fabric of the football club. We don't have to talk about his persona and erratic behaviours as it's inconsequential compared to what he brings.

The great man was worried when they got him and sadly he was right. I worry how we are going to compete with Liverpool whilst he is there. It seems like a case of riding it out until he leaves as I don't think we are well placed to offer up a challenge.
SAF's still alive though.
Destroyed in one foul swoop.. :lol:

Irrational.

Is it coincidence that key Liverpool players are withdrawing from international duty? Robertson, Salah and today VVD has withdrawn for ‘personal reasons’.

Josh 76

Is it coincidence that key Liverpool players are withdrawing from international duty? Robertson, Salah and today VVD has withdrawn for ‘personal reasons’.
Gomez sent home 'because his head not right'
It seems the whole world want Liverpool to win the PL.