Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

SER19

League is comfortably won anyway. One more game against bloody Shrewsbury makes zero difference

montpelier

No moaning amazingly, but does look like the team might be about to get a bit of stick.

Paul_Scholes18

League is comfortably won anyway. One more game against bloody Shrewsbury makes zero difference
Just play the kids and go out. Same in CL. Then there will be few games left. Lose them all and miss out on Europe for next season if possible so there is less games next season. Then try to win the league.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Pretty pissed at his team just there.
What a dickhead. A lot of those lads were twatted 5-0 by Villa in the League Cup a few weeks ago (so that’ll tell you their capabilities at this level just now) and just by pure luck ran into the biggest derby bottlers in world football in Everton in the previous round of this. Who knows if they’d have won if they met anyone half-decent who may not have rolled over. Very dickish move to now hang them out to dry tonight.

Granted, there’s a good few senior pros in that squad tonight but there’s a lot of youngsters and you can’t go around chastising youth players for their performances against seasoned senior pros.

_00_deathscar

Supports
Liverpool
What a dickhead. A lot of those lads were twatted 5-0 by Villa in the League Cup a few weeks ago (so that’ll tell you their capabilities at this level just now) and just by pure luck ran into the biggest derby bottlers in world football in Everton in the previous round of this. Who knows if they’d have won if they met anyone half-decent who may not have rolled over. Very dickish move to now hang them out to dry tonight.

Granted, there’s a good few senior pros in that squad tonight but there’s a lot of youngsters and you can’t go around chastising youth players for their performances against seasoned senior pros.
Most of the team that played today didn't play vs Villa, and the team played a far better game vs Villa than today (albeit losing 5-0). We looked like we lacked urgency, heart and desire today.

More than anything, it was the experienced lot who were most disappointing.

Ben Hill

Supports
Liverpool
The FA asked Liverpool to respect the winter break & so Klopp is bang on the money with playing the kids in the replay.

Paul_Scholes18

Klopp is still scared about it I guess. One day less to rest is going to burn everyone out totally.
He did rest them today anyway.

I guess Klopp need the personal rest from managing the games so that is why he needs the break.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
I knew this would end up in a replay as soon as he started leading the calls with other managers for it to be scrapped. I don't see what all the fuss about anyway, just play the tie on the 4th with other replays, Newcastle are playing on 4th away at Oxford and then are at Arsenal on the 16th, we play at Norwich on the 15th, it's just a day difference.

He should just put the same team out, and the ones coming back from injury Milner, Shaqiri, Keita, Lallana should be in the squad by then. Leave main first teamers at home.

Steve Bruce

I'm sick of klopp, pep & Jose trying to change the domestic game.

If klopp didn't want a replay, pick a stronger team.

They want replays taken out of the cup, they want the league Cup scrapped.

Why bother managing in the English league if you don't like it?

These managers cried for years for a break, now they've got it and that's an issue.

They want to reduce the domestic game, so then they can expand the champions league and world club cup. It's only about money and they are hiding behind the players well being as the excuse.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool

These managers cried for years for a break, now they've got it and that's an issue.

They want to reduce the domestic game, so then they can expand the champions league and world club cup. It's only about money and they are hiding behind the players well being as the excuse.
Brexit means brexit!

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
He is German it would be very difficult for him to turn it down. I am not saying he would not turn it down. But as far as I know it has been his dream to manage Germany. https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ed-consider-germany-managerial-role-in-future
That NT job is his whenever he wants it. Why would he even contemplate walking out on Liverpool after all the hard work he's done in getting us to where we are ? I think he'll see out his current contract with us & then see what happens from there. He doesn't seem like the type of guy not to honour something he's only just signed.

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
In the begining(time), God created the Heavens(spa
That NT job is his whenever he wants it. Why would he even contemplate walking out on Liverpool after all the hard work he's done in getting us to where we are ? I think he'll see out his current contract with us & then see what happens from there. He doesn't seem like the type of guy not to honour something he's only just signed.
He is a genuine guy and I feel he will not desert anyone, but I still can understand his dream. He is a genuinely good guy.. He is a future manager of Germany. The question is when ?

redshaw

Part of the romance of the FA Cup is a small team getting a replay and payday at PL club (div1 club back in the day).

The cheek and teeth of this guy.

Halds

Supports
Liverpool FC
I knew this would end up in a replay as soon as he started leading the calls with other managers for it to be scrapped. I don't see what all the fuss about anyway, just play the tie on the 4th with other replays, Newcastle are playing on 4th away at Oxford and then are at Arsenal on the 16th, we play at Norwich on the 15th, it's just a day difference.

He should just put the same team out, and the ones coming back from injury Milner, Shaqiri, Keita, Lallana should be in the squad by then. Leave main first teamers at home.
Agreed. There is no need not to play them. This season would be the right one to give the FA Cup some more priority. We have a ridiculous lead in the league so there definitely should be room for playing some of the squad players who could use the time on the pitch anyway.

IrishRick

The FA asked Liverpool to respect the winter break & so Klopp is bang on the money with playing the kids in the replay.
Not exactly. The Premier League asked them to respect the break not the FA. Will he give up his wage that week seen as he isn't going to manage what is a competitive senior fixture? And also isn't he the kinda guy who projects passion and desire for the club? Yet when his management fails, rare but did so today, he decides that he can not be bothered to manage the club due to the request from the organizers of a different competition. I could get behind him resting the senior players for the replay, indeed that makes sense, but I don't understand him not taking charge of them. It respects his believe in yere youth system, the club overall. and the competition were he to take charge of the game

spiriticon

His team is the best it's going to get for a long time, and he has the best chance he will have for a long time to go for the treble and he's going to risk giving up the FA Cup just like that?

Seriously? :eek:

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Not really. THe Premier LEague organised the winter break, not the FA. They haven't asked anyone to do anything.

Shrewsbury had just achieved one of the best results in their recent history and set up a potentially massive reply for themselves at Anfield, and Klopp has just come out and crapped all over it out of little more than spite. No one would have been expecting him to put out a first team so he could have just not said anything rather than act like a child and create an issue out of nothing. He was also aware before the game that a draw would mean a replay and CHOSE not to field a strong team, so if he promised his players a break the only person he has to blame is himself.

If he wants to treat the domestic cups like his team are too important for them, he should have withdrawn Liverpool from both of them. He's done this with both cups now this season. You've not even won a league yet and he's acting like Liverpool have become more important than English football. He's a great manager but an absolute fecking weirdo.

It's also got feck all to do with respecting anything. You've obviously booked to go off doing some training somewhere and now have a game in the middle of it so would have to either cancel the whole thing or fly the management and players back halfway through. No idea how that is anyone's fault other than Liverpool's

Paul_Scholes18

His team is the best it's going to get for a long time, and he has the best chance he will have for a long time to go for the treble and he's going to risk giving up the FA Cup just like that?

Seriously? :eek:
They might win without him anyway. Just hope he plays a crap side once he finally gets a hard draw and get smashed like they got against Villa.
I don't understand why he is taking the cups so lightly.
Did he do the same in Germany too?

Paul_Scholes18

Not really. THe Premier LEague organised the winter break, not the FA. They haven't asked anyone to do anything.

Shrewsbury had just achieved one of the best results in their recent history and set up a potentially massive reply for themselves at Anfield, and Klopp has just come out and crapped all over it out of little more than spite. No one would have been expecting him to put out a first team so he could have just not said anything rather than act like a child and create an issue out of nothing. He was also aware before the game that a draw would mean a replay and CHOSE not to field a strong team, so if he promised his players a break the only person he has to blame is himself.

If he wants to treat the domestic cups like his team are too important for them, he should have withdrawn Liverpool from both of them.

He's done this with both cups now this season. You've not even won a league yet and he's acting like Liverpool have become more important than English football. He's a great manager but an absolute fecking weirdo.
He seem to be quite extreme in the way he manages. All or nothing type emotionally. Thus now it is like he puts no effort at all towards the cups.
Even though a more balanced view could give him more titles.

I think his extreme emotions can be great for comebacks though in say CL. He pushes his players hard for that bounce back when he goes for it.

always_hoping

Poor form from Klopp, he made 11 changes to his team from the match v Wolves and really should have done the same for the replay.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
He seem to be quite extreme in the way he manages. All or nothing type emotionally. Thus now it is like he puts no effort at all towards the cups.
Even though a more balanced view could give him more titles.

I think his extreme emotions can be great for comebacks though in say CL. He pushes his players hard for that bounce back when he goes for it.
All that's happened is they've booked to go off doing some warm weather training, presuming they wouldn't have an FA cup replay. So now instead of admitting they fecked up he's decided to be a spiteful child and blame the FA for, I dunno, daring to make Liverpool participate in the FA cup the same as everyone else?

Take it he's going to personally compensate Shrewsbury for the ticket sales and TV money they're going to lose out on because of his inability to behave like an adult?

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München

But really, two cup competitions and then possible additional replays? Seems unnecessary to me. Just do the usual extra time + pen system and be done with that one fixture.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
If he wants to treat the domestic cups like his team are too important for them, he should have withdrawn Liverpool from both of them. He's done this with both cups now this season. You've not even won a league yet and he's acting like Liverpool have become more important than English football. He's a great manager but an absolute fecking weirdo
It's a bit weird too as the league is essentially won, so you'd think they would be taking the mentality of the world's biggest clubs and looking to make it a treble season or one with multiple major trophies at least.