Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

SuperiorXI

When it comes to winning league titles, I am afraid I agree. Pep is unparalleled.

We had a better team and still lost out. 92 points is still great and no slight on klopp to finish on that. Just a bummer we are competing against that. Anyone else at city and we'd be celebrating klopp's third league title this summer.
If my aunty had balls she'd be my uncle

GazTheLegend

When it comes to winning league titles, I am afraid I agree. Pep is unparalleled.

We had a better team and still lost out. 92 points is still great and no slight on klopp to finish on that. Just a bummer we are competing against that. Anyone else at city and we'd be celebrating klopp's third league title this summer.
In all honesty, I think the oil money thing is -underplayed- by everyone, not least in the media. For all the abuse Manchester United (and Liverpool will now get!) for spending money on footballers, Man City have regularly spent more than us every season, including Grealish last summer and Haaland this one. People will point to net spend / selling players (which we're spectacularly bad at I suppose) but when you have a sugar daddy that does not give two shits about money, it can actually HELP with selling footballers simply because you -don't need to-. Like a millionaire selling a Vauxhall Astra isn't going to trade it in at a loss, because they can afford to -wait- for the best price. And even competing with that utterly ridiculous outlay (1.2billion between 2008-2020?) is something of a miracle. Fact is, we struggled to compete with what they were spending in the late 2000's and early 2010's and thus struggled to compete in the league, then nowadays they're blowing everyone elses spending out the water at really difficult times (no fans in the ground didn't mean a thing to City) and the only reason that Liverpool are competing at ALL is Klopp and some unbelievably gifted footballers.

I can see a drop off for your lot into the 80-90 point region, whereas if City continue their ridiculous spending, it's very hard to ever see them falling off. And then there's the Newcastle question. I'm glad we seemingly have lost dirty Russian money filtering footballers through to Chelsea, but oil money is now going to a new club instead, so we'll see what happens there. The reality of football is simple: the more £ you spend the more points you get. And even ourselves finished 2nd and 3rd, which is pretty much what you'd expect for spending the 2nd or 3rd most in the league, despite that basically being a massive underperforming given the history of the club.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers

You lost out because you didn't have the better team. I thought that was fairly evident.

Also, Pep is not 'unparalleled' when it comes to league titles, seeing as another manger has managed 3 in a row twice, rather than 2 in a row twice.

GoldanoGraham

This Liverpool team has peaked this season. In years to come they will be remembered as the quadruple to double domestic nearly team. They won’t hit these heights again. Mane leaving is the first big leaver and for all the Klopp transfer fawning I don’t think Nunes, at least initially, is going to be the player they think he will be. Salah will be next after a very greedy season (think he will have his nose out out by the arrival of the new boy as well).

Every team has a cycle and this one has peaked with failure. They will be fighting for 2nd place this season.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
This Liverpool team has peaked this season. In years to come they will be remembered as the quadruple to double domestic nearly team. They won’t hit these heights again. Mane leaving is the first big leaver and for all the Klopp transfer fawning I don’t think Nunes, at least initially, is going to be the player they think he will be. Salah will be next after a very greedy season (think he will have his nose out out by the arrival of the new boy as well).

Every team has a cycle and this one has peaked with failure. They will be fighting for 2nd place this season.
This has delicious quotability allure in around summer 2024.

Site filled with them since around 2016. I direct interested parties to Mané’s signing, Salah’s signing, Van Dijk signing…Klopp signing.

GoldanoGraham

This has delicious quotability allure in around summer 2024.

Site filled with them since around 2016. I direct interested parties to Mané’s signing, Salah’s signing, Van Dijk signing…Klopp signing.
Every team peaks in cycles - this one will have as well - when you have a really good team that works very well together, as this team has - it will be inevitable as you lose/change key components you will not get the same result as the team evolves - history will tell you this.

Everyone gets older and slower and as much as all the Klopp fan boys think that he can just play Top
Trumps and replace like for like it just won’t happen. I think you can see already with the form towards the end of the season the sign of things to come.

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak

Yeah, and Solskjær would be a league winning manager as well.

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
Not necessarily. If City weren't in the equation and we'd had a genuine chance of winning the league there's no guarantee we wouldn't have crumbled under the weight of pressure.
Same with the dippers. They might have only got 92 points because they were chasing City. If City and Pep weren't there, the dippers might go back to celebrating draws with West Brom

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Yeah exactly, don't get me wrong Liverpool are one of the best sides in the league and in europe and of course their points tally reflects that.

But nobody really cares about points tallys, it's about what you win, all teams have competition, it winds me up when fans use it to discredit Fergie or other managers, like they wouldn't step up their own points totals if they were around today?
A lot of people care about point tallies. It's a good measure of your dominance in a league over a single season. People discredit Ole's 2nd finish by the point tally.

Ferguson's legacy can't be touched regardless, no need to be wound up by the discussion.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
The whole net spend brigade.

He'll be on 100k net, no chance a record signing accepts any less than the top earners.
Except that all reports so far point to a salary between £140-160k which isn't anywhere near our top earners.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Same with the dippers. They might have only got 92 points because they were chasing City. If City and Pep weren't there, the dippers might go back to celebrating draws with West Brom
And referees also won't be that bent to give liverpool points too. It's not hard to think sponsors want league to be competitive and hence referees give as much points to liverpool to catch up with city.

allen7

No way he’s not getting a serious pay hike after signing for 6 years. Their fans can say whatever but in current market, I guess he’ll earn around 175K after tax and the realistic amount should be even higher than that.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
No way he’s not getting a serious pay hike after signing for 6 years. Their fans can say whatever but in current market, I guess he’ll earn around 175K after tax and the realistic amount should be even higher than that.
What does that even mean, "in the current market", "a realistic amount"? £140-160k per week is absolutely a very realistic amount for him at Liverpool. At Utd it would've been double that, "in the current market".

Relevant

And referees also won't be that bent to give liverpool points too. It's not hard to think sponsors want league to be competitive and hence referees give as much points to liverpool to catch up with city.
Just out of interest, do you know why the referees weren't as bent in favour of Chelsea last year considering they were tipped by all the pundits to be City's major threat and essentially had more chance of ensuring a competitive league for the sponsors?

Or was it just because....because...Roman!

FFS :lol::lol::lol:

You are on a downward spiral my friend. Hope you enjoyed the good times, because ETH will be overhauling your shower next year :keano:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Just out of interest, do you know why the referees weren't as bent in favour of Chelsea last year considering they were tipped by all the pundits to be City's major threat and essentially had more chance of ensuring a competitive league for the sponsors?

Or was it just because....because...Roman!

FFS :lol::lol::lol:

You are on a downward spiral my friend. Hope you enjoyed the good times, because ETH will be overhauling your shower next year :keano:
Liverpool fan pretending as ManUtd fan :lol:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
What does that even mean, "in the current market", "a realistic amount"? £140-160k per week is absolutely a very realistic amount for him at Liverpool. At Utd it would've been double that, "in the current market".
Ofcourse, every Liverpool player is paid low wage but somehow total wages is as much as ManUtd's.

GledTheRed

Right so top players just play for Liverpool for half they can earn elsewhere right? Gotcha.