Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
I've always found it very strange when people say Pool 'were able to commit daylight robbery on Barcelona with Coutinho'......I mean, how does that work? How do you FORCE another club to give you a lot of money for a player? If the potential buyer doesn't like the price quoted they move on, no? And it wasn't exactly free money, Liverpool lost one of their best players when Coutinho buggered off, it weakened them in one area while giving them an opportunity to strengthen in another.....which unfortunately they did, the complete bastards :mad: .....also think it was someone else Klopp wanted instead of Salah, but the shitty transfer committee persuaded him otherwise......the even more complete bastards :mad:
Barcelona were so poorly run that their chief at the time ended up in prison. Smarter clubs would not be paying such a ridiculous amount for Coutinho, who was not amazing even when he was at Liverpool.

No one gave Pool much of chance of winning the league this season - not one of the multitude of pundits on the BBC had them as first - most of them had Pool in 3rd place. The Caf had em in 4th place on average obviously :D, and even Pool's own fans were in the main relieved that they'd somehow scraped top four/champions league via an outrageously unfeasible goalies header towards the end of the previous season. Also VVD was semi crocked and no one knew how he was going to be on his return. To compare that to a season where they got 99 points (while also completely ignoring the clusterfcuk of last season :lol: ) and suggest that this current one is a failure is a bit of a stretch, no?
The reason for that is the fact that Liverpool had a very poor defence of their title in 2021.(some were calling it the worst title defence ever, though they recovered towards the end). That's why the pundits etc underrated them. That season was clearly an anomaly, as their points totals over the past 4 years were 97. 99, 69 and 92. So I'm pretty sure winning the league was a realistic goal for Liverpool at the start of the season.

Agreed. PL manager of the season should be the manager who EXCEEDS EXPECTATION. So who do we reckon that is then? Defo not Pep obviously, not Klopp if we reckon second was about what he could expect, not Tuchel because Chelsea were expected to challenge City......maybe Conte for dragging Spurs into that last Champions League spot, considering the position they were in and the competition they were up against?
I can see that. I think Pep deserves it mote than Klopp because he actually won the league. But I wouldn't be opposed to Frank or Vieira.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He totally looks like a crazed psychopath to me.

I can't shake the feeling that If he hadn't become a football manager, he'd be a serial killer on the level of Ted Bundy or Wayne Gacy or Thanos. Pure evil.
Just because he is one of those, doesn't mean he still can't be the other.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
He totally looks like a crazed psychopath to me.

I can't shake the feeling that If he hadn't become a football manager, he'd be a serial killer on the level of Ted Bundy or Wayne Gacy or Thanos. Pure evil.
He looks like Lousiana swamp dixie cannibal.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
KDB didn't win ONE player of the month award all season yet won player of the season

it happens

IMO it's deserved, what he's done this season in all comps (i know it's the PL award) is much more impressive then what Pep did, hell, Pep nearly bottled the league whilst being 14 points clear ffs
Klopp won two cups on penalties.
His team and tactics weren't good enough to win the games per se.
A great manager???

Do you feel sick? Really? This season has seen the true manifestation of Redcafe into a full blown Paul Merson.
Quality post??

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Are you genuinely questioning if Klopp is a great manager?
Well they've been saying they have 8/9 high quality players and the manager couldn't win the finals with these fantabulous players?

..............and one PL in seven seasons is not such a great record is it?

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Well they've been saying they have 8/9 high quality players and the manager couldn't win the finals with these fantabulous players?

..............and one PL in seven seasons is not such a great record is it?
With +90 points and against a state-backed club.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
If not for Pep City, Klopp would have won 4 consecutive PL titles by now, or even 5 (2018-2022).
United finished 2nd in 2018 and 2021. We would only have three. We’ve only actually challenged for the league three times under Klopp. We weren’t ready from 2016 to 2018.

Hester_manc

I do not understand how Klopp can become the manager of the year. Liverpool finished as No. 3 last season, so it is not an unexpected achievement that they will become No. 2 this year. They have scored a lot of goals and got many points, but not better results in the league in terms of succes than you might expect.

In my eyes, Brentford's Thomas Frank should be manager of the year. Brentford have the smallest budget in the league and Thomas Frank makes the club become No. 13 in the league as a promoted team.

Counterfactual

I do not understand how Klopp can become the manager of the year. Liverpool finished as No. 3 last season, so it is not an unexpected achievement that they will become No. 2 this year. They have scored a lot of goals and got many points, but not better results in the league in terms of succes than you might expect.

In my eyes, Brentford's Thomas Frank should be manager of the year. Brentford have the smallest budget in the league and Thomas Frank makes the club become No. 13 in the league as a promoted team.
... and how much media interested would you have generated giving it to him compared to Klopp?

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool

I agree that T Frank was the best choice. Said it before, these awards are shit. Klopp is an intelligent fellow and has probably already binned it.