Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
This stupid obsession with points totals to try and make Liverpool look better is infuriating, you can't compare points totals from like 15-20 years ago, it was an entirely different era.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
This stupid obsession with points totals to try and make Liverpool look better is infuriating, you can't compare points totals from like 15-20 years ago, it was an entirely different era.
Also people say Barca are greatest club side, wonder why they don't use the same logic and conclude Madrid are the greatest side as they got more points and scored more goals.

Josep Dowling

Will be interesting to see how they keep this up. Their main two assets will be leaving for virtually nothing. They don’t have anyone else that will bring in 80-100m now. Even all their duds that they use to sell to Bournemouth are all running their contracts down.
It’s an interesting phrase for Liverpool. For all their smart transfer activity and wage structure, that said wage structure is the reason players are running down their contracts. If Salah was given the salary he should be entitled to he would probably stay but then it opens to the flood gates for the entire squad asking for pay rises.

Long term I think it’s going to be the biggest issue for all football clubs as players and agents are realising the lion’s share of the transfer fee can go to the players if they wind their contracts down.

Flexdegea

Neither the Invincibles nor Chelsea post 2006 are as good as City right now. Arsenal got 90 points once and they won the league that season, Chelsea did twice and won both seasons. Besides those seasons they didn't cross the 90 while City have done it what 4 times?

I don't think there was ever an occasion where a team won 90 points and lost the league, what were seeing right now in terms of the dominance Liverpool and City have had over the league in the last 4 years is unprecedented. City right now are, regrettably, arguably the greatest PL ever so losing out to them by a single point twice is nothing to be ashamed about.

Far from greatest can't even win the champs league.

Don't give a shite about league points. Claim what you want regarding points here and there, but these teams aren't the best if they can't even back it up with the big prizes while dominating their leagues.

City for me need another league title to make it 3 on the bounce to match our sides.

Also as someone pointed out that Barca team prob one of the greatest club sides that ever existed and I think Madrid hit bigger points total and more goals. Flawed arguement

Neither the Invincibles nor Chelsea post 2006 are as good as City right now. Arsenal got 90 points once and they won the league that season, Chelsea did twice and won both seasons. Besides those seasons they didn't cross the 90 while City have done it what 4 times?

I don't think there was ever an occasion where a team won 90 points and lost the league, what were seeing right now in terms of the dominance Liverpool and City have had over the league in the last 4 years is unprecedented. City right now are, regrettably, arguably the greatest PL ever so losing out to them by a single point twice is nothing to be ashamed about.
People have become so obsessed with this 90 point thing. We got more points in Mourinho's famous 2nd place season than we did when we won the treble. The league has changed, the top teams are much further ahead of the bottom and the middle and able to rack up big points tallies. It's not an indication that they're better teams than those in past years.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
So he is leaving then? He payed 100 mil for a player and he said that he will leave football when that happens

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Also people say Barca are greatest club side, wonder why they don't use the same logic and conclude Madrid are the greatest side as they got more points and scored more goals.
Yeah exactly, don't get me wrong Liverpool are one of the best sides in the league and in europe and of course their points tally reflects that.

But nobody really cares about points tallys, it's about what you win, all teams have competition, it winds me up when fans use it to discredit Fergie or other managers, like they wouldn't step up their own points totals if they were around today?

Bestietom

Far from greatest can't even win the champs league.

Don't give a shite about league points. Claim what you want regarding points here and there, but these teams aren't the best if they can't even back it up with the big prizes while dominating their leagues.

City for me need another league title to make it 3 on the bounce to match our sides.

Also as someone pointed out that Barca team prob one of the greatest club sides that ever existed and I think Madrid hit bigger points total and more goals. Flawed arguement
Liverpool won 1 premiership in 31 years and they are still shouting about it. SAF won 13.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
It’s only a transfer. I expect united to be getting loads of players this summer so why the panic? I doubt we will be getting anyone else although we do seem to find gems on the cheap.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
No panic. Just pointing out that your manager is a massive hypocrite.
Nah, I would call it adapting to the new order in the PL. He knows these kind of transfers might be necessary in order to keep up with the only threat in the league and when that threat gets a Haaland for example and that only threat has won two leagues by a total of two points against you then the smart thing to do would be to adjust and adapt. So the only people calling that behaviour hypocritical are the ones who know they are wondering why their own teams aren’t following suit and keeping pace.

Remember the geese

Nah, I would call it adapting to the new order in the PL. He knows these kind of transfers might be necessary in order to keep up with the only threat in the league and when that threat gets a Haaland for example and that only threat has won two leagues by a total of two points against you then the smart thing to do would be to adjust and adapt. So the only people calling that behaviour hypocritical are the ones who know they are wondering why their own teams aren’t following suit and keeping pace.
Ok. It was obvious that this was the case though. At best, his comments showed a lack of realism and foresight.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Ok. It was obvious that this was the case though. At best, his comments showed a lack of realism and foresight.
That was 6 years ago before all teams bar City had a chance. Since then only two teams have chance so how was he to know the big teams stopped being relevant except Liverpool and City. A great coach adapts to changes in the league and you lot should know that better than anyone since you had that coach a decade ago.

Remember the geese

That was 6 years ago before all teams bar City had a chance. Since then only two teams have chance so how was he to know the big teams stopped being relevant except Liverpool and City. A great coach adapts to changes in the league and you lot should know that better than anyone since you had that coach a decade ago.
It was very obvious back then that £30-40m transfers would only take you so far. I don't believe he was stupid enough to believe any different. He was playing to the gallery. Klopp was given the resources to sign a £75m centre back, a £68m goalkeeper and an £80m striker, so he used them. This isn't him adapting. It isn't worthy of praise.

Remember the geese

Or; back then owners told him that they will not spend money but after a year things changed.
He is a hypocrite. No matter how you look at it.
Absolutely. It just makes him sound unintelligent which is really odd because I don't believe he was stupid enough, or naive enough to believe what he was saying.

gorky_utd

This record breaking all time multiverse great Liverpool side couldn't beat an old, past it Real Madrid 3 times. Now compare this Madrid team to pep's Barca and that is the competition level it used to be. Much easier now.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

croadyman

It’s only a transfer. I expect united to be getting loads of players this summer so why the panic? I doubt we will be getting anyone else although we do seem to find gems on the cheap.
Loads of players have you seen our recruitment in the last nine years haha

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
but while we're doing it, United got 92 in 2000 when it was utterly unheard of. Livepool's +90 points totals have come in an era when teams as utterly incredible and historic as Conte's Chelsea have done it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Lets see if some journos pick it up or not
It doesn't need picking up as similar has already come out, after he bought the keeper and Van D for at the time world records.

Klopp said he's a hypocrite and laughed it off!

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
There will be articles praising Klopp for evolving with the times and spending big like City do.
As he should be. He seems to be the only one evolving to keep pace with Pep. The rest have given up and accepted City as the top dog.

Tavern in the town

It was very obvious back then that £30-40m transfers would only take you so far. I don't believe he was stupid enough to believe any different. He was playing to the gallery. Klopp was given the resources to sign a £75m centre back, a £68m goalkeeper and an £80m striker, so he used them. This isn't him adapting. It isn't worthy of praise.
It’s just his “man of the people” act. The pretentious twat.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Didn’t he come out later and say he shouldn’t have said that? I think it was around the time that we signed Alisson or Van Dijk.

He was naive at the time. You can’t compete with City unless you spend your fair share.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Didn’t he come out later and say he shouldn’t have said that? I think it was around the time that we signed Alisson or Van Dijk.

He was naive at the time. You can’t compete with City unless you spend your fair share.
It seems clear that he was just playing to the gallery. Nothing wrong with that. That kind of rhetoric endeared him to his own supporters and the Liverpool friendly media and I guess that's what he was going for. There isn't a manager in the world that isn't a hypocrite and Klopp is no different in that regard.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
You have bigger internal issue which Erik will not able to fix. There is also issue of financial dopping by likes of Chelsea, City and soon Geordies too.

Arsenal never had financial muscle to truly compete with you guys on even footing. You guys had biggest stadium in the country while Arsenal had tiny stadium. Only reason they able to come close was due to Wenger knowledge of French market and George Graham defence. Otherwise they were no match for you guys in terms of financial resources available to respective teams.

Erik will fail like every other manager excluding ex Liverpool captain Busby and Liverpool hater Ferguson.
ahhh.

Liverpool supporter saying he supports Ajax.

oh dear.

hurting eh?

footballistic orgasm

Supports
No team in particular
Great coach but isn't as good as Pep because Pep's football style is more advanced and than Klopp's IMO.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Great coach but isn't as good as Pep because Pep's football style is more advanced and than Klopp's IMO.
When it comes to winning league titles, I am afraid I agree. Pep is unparalleled.

We had a better team and still lost out. 92 points is still great and no slight on klopp to finish on that. Just a bummer we are competing against that. Anyone else at city and we'd be celebrating klopp's third league title this summer.