Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Emperor

Supports
Ajax
All the Quad hype is an absolute joke. Klopp is a 50-50 manager in cups, with over 60 games in the year with AFCON for Salah and Mane, they never looked like winning anything. The Cup Finals was a lucky toss of the coin (they sustained it with their superior attack of Jota and Diaz). If you ask me Chelsea should have won the Carabao cup and dippers were mighty lucky. PL was their best bet, and they blew it at home against Spurs. It's a miracle they sustained it this long. It just shows how incredible our " REAL TREBLE" was.

more like - "we were shiite but got very lucky". Much as I hate Liverpool, Madrid are not far off from the entitled list! First state-sponsored team that destroyed the football ecosystem, God Father of Man City and PSG model and somehow they get a pass in caf calling them a proper team. 5 of their 14 Cl wins came in an era where football was at its infancy. That leaves 9 CL titles. Now compare it with Milan, Barca, Pool, Bayern etc., it doesnt look extrordinary. All their La Liga titles are a joke (they split the la liga pie so unfavorably, its worse than PSG at France). Stealing important players from other teams by shamelessly overpaying them, Madrid (and Barca) are an extremely overrated team with an obnoxious entitled fans who are in general more into juvenile football gloating than speaking anything sensible. They dont value their own players and club legends and throw their toys out of their pram over some silly crap. Even during their so called great CL runs a few years back, they were absolutely poor in the league and scrapped through key matches in CL by dodgy decisions.

The current Madrid team is a shite team. I am mighty glad they gave their middle finger to pool but I also hope we stop jumping on the Madrid train (may be in a day or two). They were the only half decent team in a 2 team league this season considering Barca's situation. They rested their players for a good 2 weeks and had enough legs to camp/counter against a blunt overplayed Liverpool side. Winning CL by fluke doesn't make them strongest in Europe. Luckiest would be better.

There is a general problem with our fan base, we tend to have a complex around UCL due to our supposedly 'poor' CL record. CL is just a glorified cup game in my eyes and can never be a true measure of a team's real quality. the Champions 'League' is a misnomer, a Champions "Knock-Out" cup would have been more suited. While we don't acknowledge dippers for their CL wins and rightly so, but somehow instead choose to glorify overrated Madrid teams for no reason. Pep's Barca were mighty lucky (thanks to a shite referee) not to be knocked out by a Chelsea team which was playing second fiddle to us in the league. I am certain if we played Barca in PL over 38 games, we would be neck and neck, if not better. Somehow winning against us in that Final has given them an extra ooomph god like status in our forum. I hope this stops and people call out these two La Liga craps for what they are as much as we do the oil teams. The yester-year version of PSG/City sides.

We have the means to tank these sides, we need a good manager and hopefully we have one in ETH. Considering how well Ajax did in Eredivise, fingers crossed am hoping we will take off soon as a team. I hope we can get back to winning PL and I feel winning the PL is the truest measure of the quality of a team, not the overhyped CL. I hope we can turn it around in a few years. CL can't be taken seriously until they figure out a league format where all top teams play each other and see who comes out on the top (Super Leaguish way). Until such time, its as relevant as a glorified Cup game and should never matter to us more than the league.
Your treble was Mickey Mouse compare to Lisbon Linon Celtic team quadruple.

Josh 76

So Klopp has won 4 trophies in 7 years. That’s 2 more than Leicester have done at the same time.

Greatest ever team the world has ever seen. Greatest Liverpool team of all time.

What a joke!

b20times

Klopp Is a cup manager . As simple as that. Has won one premier league in 7 years at the club but apparently he is mustard. I don't understand it.

Zetrio2002

Thiago, Van Dijk, Trent were mostly to be blamed.

Thiago for a weak shot and not going for the ball to head home the goal. His goals ratio is too low. Need an Iniesta in there.

Van Dijk and Trent for sloppy defending. Trent for not learning to shoot well in intensive situation.

Ahmer Baig

Jurgen Klopp net spent £ 554M
1 PL in 7 attempts
1 FA Cup in 7 attempts
1 League Cup in 7 attempts
1 CL in 5 attempts

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Your treble was Mickey Mouse compare to Lisbon Lion Celtic team quadruple.
No one is belittling what that great Celtic side did.
But it is more than just that.
It is the quality of the football played that took us to the Treble.
Arsenal then were a great football side. They just lost out of the title and the FA Cup.
We beat them to both.

And we beat some great sides to get to the final which we won.

Bitter about us taking Erik?

Last edited:
You sound like a Liverpool fan or a bedwetter. Which one is it?
This is just stupid. You call someone pointing out Liverpool are competing on all fronts whilst we do nothing as being a 'bedwetter'. Do you realise the size of the task ahead of us? I'm a stones throw from Old Trafford, please don't call me a Liverpool fan. I'm saying we need to get real by accepting they and City are a million miles ahead of us. If we continue down this path, we are doomed. We are in deep trouble and need to meet the massive challenge of our two fiercest rivals dominating. I hope and pray Ten Hag is the turning point.

Last edited:

shaky

Is that accurate? What's your source?
What difference does net spend make anyway? I've been told that Liverpool have the greatest keeper in the world, greatest full backs and CB in the world & most feared and deadly strike force in the world. Shouldn't they be cleaning up every trophy fairly easily, regardless of how much they cost?

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Liverpool's net spend is always greatly helped by the time they fleeced Barca for coutinho.

Charles Miller

His team won possession and had a lot of approximations to the adversary goal. Must be proud on a hipster way.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Jota was poor. I think Mane moving central was fine, but Jota coming on to play wide was probably Klopp's worst choice. Jota's best stuff that I've seen is all in the box and poacher-y. Felt like they had very little creatively from the left since they shut down Robertson well with Valverde being such a good defensive option down the right.
Last point is the key point. It's criminal that teams haven't figured this out yet. You block their wing backs and they are devoid of creativity. I would love to know the stats of long balls coming from their defence to wingbacks or wingers.

Coming back to the match, Valverde and Carvajal completely nullified the left side and Trent/Hendo was quite poor on the right. Not to mention Vinnie was always staying up and Konate had to come out to help Trent lot of times. It was a great tactical battle and Don Carlo came out as a superior coach. They had better mentality too.

NoPace

Last point is the key point. It's criminal that teams haven't figured this out yet. You block their wing backs and they are devoid of creativity. I would love to know the stats of long balls coming from their defence to wingbacks or wingers.

Coming back to the match, Valverde and Carvajal completely nullified the left side and Trent/Hendo was quite poor on the right. Not to mention Vinnie was always staying up and Konate had to come out to help Trent lot of times. It was a great tactical battle and Don Carlo came out as a superior coach. They had better mentality too.
Yeah, Klopp ultimately lost the quadruple to Conte and Ancelotti setting up game plans that worked, though I still say the real error was the 90M on Keita and Oxlade-Chamberlain to be their attacking midfield options. It's hard to win a quadruple without either great luck and a great squad, or a perfect squad. Like City might have done it with a quality left back and a 9 who could do what Pep wants and also score goals at a high rate.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Liverpool's net spend is always greatly helped by the time they fleeced Barca for coutinho.
Massively. Not to mention it’s meaningless anyway, other than for the scouts and whoever negotiates, who have admittedly done a great job. They bought an entire new team. It’s not like half the team is from the academy.

wr8_utd

:'(
Klopp Is a cup manager . As simple as that. Has won one premier league in 7 years at the club but apparently he is mustard. I don't understand it.
He's gotten 90 points three times in the PL and he's just a cup manager? Really? He's unlucky in terms of the League because he's come up against an absolute machine in City. However, he has been luckier in the CL because the quality is the poorest it has been in a while.

Emperor

Supports
Ajax
No one is belittling what that great Celtic side did.
But it is more than just that.
It is the quality of the football played that took us to the Treble.
Arsenal then were a great football side. They just lost out of the title and the FA Cup.
We beat them to both.

And we beat some great sides to get to the final which we won.

Bitter about us taking Erik?
You have bigger internal issue which Erik will not able to fix. There is also issue of financial dopping by likes of Chelsea, City and soon Geordies too.

Arsenal never had financial muscle to truly compete with you guys on even footing. You guys had biggest stadium in the country while Arsenal had tiny stadium. Only reason they able to come close was due to Wenger knowledge of French market and George Graham defence. Otherwise they were no match for you guys in terms of financial resources available to respective teams.

Erik will fail like every other manager excluding ex Liverpool captain Busby and Liverpool hater Ferguson.

NYAS

You have bigger internal issue which Erik will not able to fix. There is also issue of financial dopping by likes of Chelsea, City and soon Geordies too.

Arsenal never had financial muscle to truly compete with you guys on even footing. You guys had biggest stadium in the country while Arsenal had tiny stadium. Only reason they able to come close was due to Wenger knowledge of French market and George Graham defence. Otherwise they were no match for you guys in terms of financial resources available to respective teams.

Erik will fail like every other manager excluding ex Liverpool captain Busby and Liverpool hater Ferguson.
:lol: Who let this guy in? Do we not lock the door at night?

yumtum

DUX' bumchum

I must have missed the time where United outspent our rivals.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Then he goes and buys Darwin Nunez for 100 mio.
He also bought the worlds most expensive defender for £75m and worlds most expensive Goalkeeper for £67m shortly after this statement.

Josh 76

Will be interesting to see how they keep this up. Their main two assets will be leaving for virtually nothing. They don’t have anyone else that will bring in 80-100m now. Even all their duds that they use to sell to Bournemouth are all running their contracts down.

He's gotten 90 points three times in the PL and he's just a cup manager? Really? He's unlucky in terms of the League because he's come up against an absolute machine in City. However, he has been luckier in the CL because the quality is the poorest it has been in a while.
Ferguson came up against Invincibles Arsenal and the original oil club, and he beat them both. Will Klopp be able to overcome his big test? 1 dodgy league title and a CL in 7 years is OK but when Guardiola, who I actually think is inferior to Klopp, has 4 in 6 you have to wonder why there is so much adulation for him. He still has a long way to go to prove he is one of the greats.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
6/11 players in the Team of the Season.

Manager of the Season.

Still couldn’t win the league.

Marquee players leaving in droves and those willing to stay want mega-deals to do so.

To top it off, he’s now throwing €100m at a player who very much still has the jury out on him.

Desperate times at Anfield, la...

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Ferguson came up against Invincibles Arsenal and the original oil club, and he beat them both. Will Klopp be able to overcome his big test? 1 dodgy league title and a CL in 7 years is OK but when Guardiola, who I actually think is inferior to Klopp, has 4 in 6 you have to wonder why there is so much adulation for him. He still has a long way to go to prove he is one of the greats.
Neither the Invincibles nor Chelsea post 2006 are as good as City right now. Arsenal got 90 points once and they won the league that season, Chelsea did twice and won both seasons. Besides those seasons they didn't cross the 90 while City have done it what 4 times?

I don't think there was ever an occasion where a team won 90 points and lost the league, what were seeing right now in terms of the dominance Liverpool and City have had over the league in the last 4 years is unprecedented. City right now are, regrettably, arguably the greatest PL ever so losing out to them by a single point twice is nothing to be ashamed about.

erikcred

Erm, because people like you consider Guardiola to be inferior to Klopp despite 4 titles in 6 years?