Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm blaming the way my phone keyboard is arranged. I had to hold my finger down and then select from three possible symbols.

Bah!
Haha mate, nice one.

I did check a couple of your other posts to make sure you weren't satirising Liverpool fans :lol:

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Haha mate, nice one.

I did check a couple of your other posts to make sure you weren't satirising Liverpool fans :lol:
That's fighting talk. I'll accept being a numpty, but a Liverpool fan? I'm outraged. :mad:

Edit: I've even got that wrong, you said satirising Liverpool fans :lol:

GaryLifo

You know what's worse? I'm a published scientist; part of which requires me to frequently report the significance of statistical analysis which makes frequent use of the < and > symbols.

Probably had to use them over 100 times in my PhD thesis.... I'd better not go back and read it again.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You know what's worse? I'm a published scientist; part of which requires me to frequently report the significance of statistical analysis which makes frequent use of the < and > symbols.

Probably had to use them over 100 times in my PhD thesis.... I'd better not go back and read it again.
Fair play!

What gets me, is when I read Fantasy football scout, and people are constantly using > to denote a transfer. ie Silva > Ramsay

I always read it as the original is better than the replacement, and every time I think, what are they on about....oh wait

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Such an unlucky team. The other day the whole of Plymouth was in the 18-yard box, tonight the whole of Southampton was closing down Liverpool and not giving them much space.

Peanut Butter

Klopp :lol:

Liverpool :lol:

Seriously though, Pool hit their peak early on and are now levelling out.

It's why RedCafe gets an influx of Liverpool fans joining up when they are having a good spell. And Liverpool fans and even some of our own go over the top about how good they actually are.

The harsh reality is that they still have a dodgy defence, two bang average GKs and a mediocre squad.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
They press like mad for 60 minutes then leave themselves wide open. Clueless.

They don't play great attacking football either no matter what anyone tells you. Mourinho's United look better going forward at the moment than Klopp's Liverpool.

Jurgen needs a wash n'all.

Peanut Butter

You simply can't play high energy gegen press all season in England - we get too many games and no winter break.

Plus there are no gimmes like there are in La Liga and Bundesliga every other week.

Deidre is learning the hard way.

GaryLifo

It's a hard physical league played in a pretty cold wet climate.

You have to have something more than a high pressing game to win the title.

Physical strength has always been needed in the English league and I'm not convinced Liverpool have enough of that in their squad.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
They haven't even gengenpressed in a while. I think it's just a rough patch.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
They haven't even gengenpressed in a while. I think it's just a rough patch.
I agree. I haven't seen us do a great deal of pressing for a while.

We're a possession based side anyway, probably more than we're a pressing side from what I've seen. This is our serious blip but we're still on four wins and two draws since United started their winning run in the league, so it's hard to panic about things at the moment.

I do think we'll lose on Sunday.

Ban

If there was a time to beat them it's now.

I'm still careful and scared a bit. It's a derby and form goes out of the window.

Btw did Klopp moan about Southampton defending a lot?

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
If there was a time to beat them it's now.

I'm still careful and scared a bit. It's a derby and form goes out of the window.

Btw did Klopp moan about Southampton defending a lot?
Nah gave them loads of praise and said we were rubbish. He recognised that it was a terrible performance.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
He got very lucky tonight - had Southampton taken even two more of the chances they had tonight then Liverpool would be in some danger of going out, but as it is they'll still make the final despite that awful performance tonight.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Liverpool have hit a rough patch but they'll only be in this rough patch for a couple of games, we have to do our best to capitalize when we get the chance. I have no doubt whatsoever they'll be in the top 4 come the end of the season, we should just take our chance now to get above them so we don't have to worry about them later down the line.

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
Feels like they're dropping like a stone while we're soaring to new heights on our winning streak so disappointing that the league table still has them 2nd and us still 6th.

Really need to go for this on Sunday, their defense is their weakness, get Martial and Rashford running at Klaven, Clyne and Lovren. Hope José doesn't use Fellaini and sit off them, getting numbers deep around our box hoping for chances from set pieces again.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Feels like they're dropping like a stone while we're soaring to new heights on our winning streak so disappointing that the league table still has them 2nd and us still 6th.

Really need to go for this on Sunday, their defense is their weakness, get Martial and Rashford running at Klaven, Clyne and Lovren. Hope José doesn't use Fellaini and sit off them, getting numbers deep around our box hoping for chances from set pieces again.
I'd be pretty happy if we played like we did for the first 50 odd minutes at Anfield i.e. keeping them pinned in their own half.

Our attacking game hadn't yet been honed back then so we didn't punish them, but we have plenty to hurt them with now that the team is more settled and Mourinho has fine-tuned the attacking side of our game.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout

I mean it's been a disappointing week for them but they've hardly collapsed: they'll win the cup replay probably and may still come back against Southampton. Outside of that, they're unbeaten in the league since the Bournemouth game and their draw against Sunderland broke a four game winning streak. If that's considered bad form then it demonstrates how they've improved under Klopp.

I do think this has given us a fair bit of momentum heading into Sunday though.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
I mean it's been a disappointing week for them but they've hardly collapsed: they'll win the cup replay probably and may still come back against Southampton. Outside of that, they're unbeaten in the league since the Bournemouth game and their draw against Sunderland broke a four game winning streak. If that's considered bad form then it demonstrates how they've improved under Klopp.

I do think this has given us a fair bit of momentum heading into Sunday though.
They've been playing like shite though compared to their early season form. The pressing seems to have disappeared. Even some of the games they have won like Everton they looked a bit shit. I think they only had a couple of shots on target vs City too

prateik

I like our chances going into the weekend but I'm weary that Klopp held back Matip and Henderson for the weekend.
Are we really going to pretend to be worried about Matip and Henderson. Seriously.. Matip and Henderson.. it this a joke?

AR87

Are we really going to pretend to be worried about Matip and Henderson. Seriously.. Matip and Henderson.. it this a joke?
I'm not concerned about their individual quality but I think Liverpool is better with them in the team. I also would expect Firmino to play centrally where he's much better.

In a derby the margins are more fine so a more cohesive Liverpool simply carries a greater threat. I think we should win regardless, but stranger things have happened.

The BlackGaijin

I know. Coutinho maybe...but I dont think Sunderland, Plymouth or Soton gave a feck abt wether Matip of fecking Henderson started.

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
I never thought I will see the day United fans quiver in fear over Matip and Henderson.
It's just sand bagging
I was hoping they beat Soton though, with the loss, they will be extra motivated for OT.
No way, they failed to win any of their last 3 v Sunderland, Plymouth and Klopp admits that were lucky to only lose by 1 last night. This is their worst run of the season.