Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Or...I have a point that isn't disproved by selective use of quotes. I admit I overstated the point for the purposes of an internet debate (slaps wrist) but it's still correct. Klopp is a master man manager and his ability to shoulder blame so regularly is exceptional amongst his peers. I'm not wrong on this point - no amount of :lol::lol: will actually counter my overriding point.

I'm not expecting support, I expect disagreement. Won't stop me knowing I'm absolutely right on this one though.
So he shoulders the blame, except when he doesn't and blames his players instead, which has happened after multiple poor results.

There's nothing wrong with him criticising players. Unless they're special snowflakes they should be able to take it and use it as impetus to improve.

Most top managers will shield their players from too much blame. And instead pass the blame to outside influences such as the referees, congested fixture lists, the opposition's approach and occasionally themselves.

The 'blame me' thing is a bit of a pretense anyway. I'm not going to read through all the quotes but in the first one in your list above he is quoted as saying this:

"The first goal is not the problem," he said. "What happened after that is the problem. We lost faith completely in our style of play, we lost shape and we were nervous in defence.

"That shows our development is not as good as hoped. We have to carry on and use this experience, I am sure we will be strong. It is disappointment and frustration tonight.
"

That's just a backhanded way of blaming his players for their poor mentality (losing faith), their inability to follow instructions (losing shape), their cowardice (nervous in defence), and their poor development (not as good as hoped).

"Blame me for picking such a cowardly shit side, it's all my fault, not theirs"

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
Or...I have a point that isn't disproved by selective use of quotes. I admit I overstated the point for the purposes of an internet debate (slaps wrist) but it's still correct. Klopp is a master man manager and his ability to shoulder blame so regularly is exceptional amongst his peers. I'm not wrong on this point - no amount of :lol::lol: will actually counter my overriding point.

I'm not expecting support, I expect disagreement. Won't stop me knowing I'm absolutely right on this one though.
Fair enough. You carry on making statements that can be disproved with facts and then still hold the belief that you are 100% right. The Caf supports freedom of speech and thought and you can use that freedom however you like.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I think these out of context quotes are a bit misleading. Klopp never struck me as someone who would try to shift blame and I see most of these quotes as him openly analyzing what went wrong.

Generally speaking if you think about it a coach who always says "yeah guys, it was all my fault - all of it!" would be called out for being full of shit and rightly so.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
So he shoulders the blame, except when he doesn't and blames his players instead, which has happened after multiple poor results.

There's nothing wrong with him criticising players. Unless they're special snowflakes they should be able to take it and use it as impetus to improve.

Most top managers will shield their players from too much blame. And instead pass the blame to outside influences such as the referees, congested fixture lists, the opposition's approach and occasionally themselves.

The 'blame me' thing is a bit of a pretense anyway. I'm not going to read through all the quotes but in the first one in your list above he is quoted as saying this:

"The first goal is not the problem," he said. "What happened after that is the problem. We lost faith completely in our style of play, we lost shape and we were nervous in defence.

"That shows our development is not as good as hoped. We have to carry on and use this experience, I am sure we will be strong. It is disappointment and frustration tonight.
"

That's just a backhanded way of blaming his players for their poor mentality (losing faith), their inability to follow instructions (losing shape), their cowardice (nervous in defence), and their poor development (not as good as hoped).

"Blame me for picking such a cowardly shit side, it's all my fault, not theirs"
You're absolutely overlooking the role of context in considering these essentially nonchalant quotes. Also, note that Klopp uses 'we' and not 'they' - he is talking about the team as one entity including himself.

Every week I find you in this thread arguing down to the bone over the most basic things. Such a pedantic poster.

TheReligion

Abusive
Yeah having read through this echo chamber of a "discussion", it's clear I'm talking rubbish and the guffawing mob have made me look stupid.

Note to self: "don't argue with notional received wisdom"

Come on now. There's no harm admitting you're wrong you know?

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
You're absolutely overlooking the role of context in considering these essentially nonchalant quotes. Also, note that Klopp uses 'we' and not 'they' - he is talking about the team as one entity including himself.

Every week I find you in this thread arguing down to the bone over the most basic things. Such a pedantic poster.
Pedantic, just because I proved someone wrong? It's hardly pedantic to present clear evidence of Klopp blaming his players, to counter a statement that he never blames his players. I provided facts to counter the waves of fluffy bullshit that spew forth from certain posters week in week out.

You just don't like the facts because of who they've come from. So you'll tribally circle the wagons because... Liverpool fans.

If you lot could laugh at yourself a bit more and admit when you're talking shite, I'd imagine people would respect that and let it lie. Instead you keep digging when proven wrong, to 'save face'. Klopp doesn't need you protecting his image with lies.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
That's odd. It's almost like you're talking total shite.

Klopp blames Turf Moor surrender on poor decisions by his players
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/burnley-vs-liverpool-jurgen-klopp-blames-turf-moor-surrender-on-poor-decisions-by-his-reds-players-a7202186.html?amp?client=safari

Klopp blames Moreno for late Villarreal loss
http://metro.co.uk/2016/04/29/jurge...erto-moreno-for-late-villarreal-loss-5848886/

Klopp pins blames on three Liverpool players for goal conceded vs Hull
http://metro.co.uk/2016/09/26/liver...d-ragnar-klavan-for-goal-v-hull-city-6154445/

Give up the shite PR act for one day.
Merked :lol:

Nighteyes

Another Muppet

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/burnley-vs-liverpool-jurgen-klopp-blames-turf-moor-surrender-on-poor-decisions-by-his-reds-players-a7202186.html?amp?client=safari

http://metro.co.uk/2016/04/29/jurge...erto-moreno-for-late-villarreal-loss-5848886/

http://metro.co.uk/2016/09/26/liver...d-ragnar-klavan-for-goal-v-hull-city-6154445/

:lol:

EyeInTheSky

Pedantic, just because I proved someone wrong? It's hardly pedantic to present clear evidence of Klopp blaming his players, to counter a statement that he never blames his players. I provided facts to counter the waves of fluffy bullshit that spew forth from certain posters week in week out.

You just don't like the facts because of who they've come from. So you'll tribally circle the wagons because... Liverpool fans.

If you lot could laugh at yourself a bit more and admit when you're talking shite, I'd imagine people would respect that and let it lie. Instead you keep digging when proven wrong, to 'save face'. Klopp doesn't need you protecting his image with lies.
Don't you dare stop their delusion! It has been a source of entertainment for over a quarter of a century ffs

Rafateria

To me he looked very slow and rigid against S'oton so with Pogba and Herrera feeding the flanks he will be in trouble.
First match back after injury .. I expect him to be on top form, as an ex-City player and now LFC, versus United !

Rafateria

he has done well to be fair, it just looks odd him playing left back :D
Indeed. However it seems to suit him better than any other position he's played ! That's a little unfair as he is a player who always gives 110% but a modern day LB slot seems made for his skills.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
As Klopp says repeatedly: "When we win it's because of the players and when we lose it's because of me". Blaming footballers is left to other managers, who never accept they're wrong.

Your point is actually very clearly disproved by those qoutes. I can't understand how you can say that it isn't?.. It's about as black and white as it gets.

montpelier

Masterclass of the defensive press from Deirdre. And plenty of cynical olde bollocks from the visitors, time-wasting & so forth.

Couch potato 82

Away from home with several 1st teamers missing. Good result for him. Definitely not the one trick pony people make him out to be. Ze kunt

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo

What is his problem? He never stands still, always think he is on the verge of a heart attack.

montpelier

''A lot of teams would have just sat back... LFC dominated the game..''

according to Jurgen, :eek:

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I think Klopp's reaction was to do with Herrera going down holding his face following a hand in his chest from Firmino.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think Klopps reaction had a lot to do with him having struggles with winning a match in 2017:D

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots

What is his problem? He never stands still, always think he is on the verge of a heart attack.
Have huge respect for Klopp, but he looks like an idiot there.. relax mate, that sort of stuff is part of the game.

lem8sh

And yeah, he's weird, it was a foul, so fecking what.
Yeah. If you didn't watch the game you'd think Herrera had just broken someone's leg, strange reaction.
I'd be certain his reaction is due to Herrera going down holding his face. Think Herrera already irked them by sprinting to the ref asking for a card for Lovren in the first half.