Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Will be interesting to see what they do this summer. They'll need to be busy and they'll need to add a lot of quality. Their squad is so small atm.

JoaquinJoaquin

Will be interesting to see what they do this summer. They'll need to be busy and they'll need to add a lot of quality. Their squad is so small atm.
And poor. Their bench today is dreadful. Problem will be how much money Klopp will be given.

Varun

Staff
The PL is really home to the best managers in the world, more managers with trophies than there are competitions.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
And poor. Their bench today is dreadful. Problem will be how much money Klopp will be given.
Quoting here to save quoting you in the other thread & derailing it.

I agree completely. Looking at our starting XI, I'd like to see Mignolet, Lovren, Milner, Can, Gini, and Firmino make up our bench next season, and Sturridge to just be gone. That means we'd need 5-7 first teamers to come in.

Obviously unrealistic, but whatever, we need quality to displace our non-quantity.

JoaquinJoaquin

Quoting here to save quoting you in the other thread & derailing it.

I agree completely. Looking at our starting XI, I'd like to see Mignolet, Lovren, Milner, Can, Gini, and Firmino make up our bench next season, and Sturridge to just be gone. That means we'd need 5-7 first teamers to come in.

Obviously unrealistic, but whatever, we need quality to displace our non-quantity.
I do think at some point the board are going to have to back Klopp financially if they have true intentions of challenging for the league. I seen that you were rumoured to of bid for Mbappe which if true is a very encouraging sign for you as it indicates he might be given plenty of money in Summer which is what he needs.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
I do think at some point the board are going to have to back Klopp financially if they have true intentions of challenging for the league. I seen that you were rumoured to of bid for Mbappe which if true is a very encouraging sign for you as it indicates he might be given plenty of money in Summer which is what he needs.
We're not getting Mbappe though, are we? Might as well bid for Messi, just to say we did :lol:

I don't want to see anymore than 1-2 squad players coming in this summer. We need first teamers, and some of our current first teamers need to be benched.

JoaquinJoaquin

We're not getting Mbappe though, are we? Might as well bid for Messi, just to say we did :lol:

I don't want to see anymore than 1-2 squad players coming in this summer. We need first teamers, and some of our current first teamers need to be benched.
:D

O I know you have no real chance of getting him, but I think the mere fact you have bid shows a statement of intent as that is not something you guys generally do. If it was Arsenal then I'd expect it.

But yeah I agree with what you are saying, you do need some quality starters in. Keeping Coutinho is crucial aswell.

Man of Steel

Smashed it!!
I'm doubting people's commitment to Sparkle Motion
But what will Klopp the magnificent do next season with all the games? Full prem league season, both domestic cups, and CL with all that brings of mid week games and the travel etc.

Plus they will have to be sharp and up to speed a bit earlier than usual to be sure of being competitive and actually qualifying for the CL. (When is the qualifying date anyway?).

There is no way that they will be able to compete on all fronts, so it will be interesting to see if they give up the league cup right from the start with weakened teams or kids etc, and as the season goes on, they will realise that they aren't going to win the CL (although I'm sure some of them will think they can) and will panic that they are struggling to be in the top 4 positions. Then what? Do they give up the CL to make sure they have a chance of top 4 again?

I for one don't see them having any success next season at all, unless they put everything into a domestic cup as the other top sides all have Europe and the extra games too, so may have to go easy in the cups which would give other teams more chance of cup success.

I foresee plenty of fun next season as Klopp and all the fans slowly realise around the Xmas- February period that they aren't going to get out of this circle they are in year after year of being just not quite good enough.

Unless Klopp and Liverpool can buy better players in the summer and have a better squad than us, spurs, arsenal city and chelsea, then they will stay pretty much where they are. It would do them good to put everything into winning the League cup or FA cup next year, as it will at least give them a trophy and a win, as the league and CL are way out of their reach.

Whatever Klopp does, he will have to manage and pretty much give up on some competitions at various stages of the season.

Good luck Klopp and Liverpool.

EvilIrwin

Lets just gain some perspective here. Klopp had no Europe, bailed out early of the FA Cup, got to the Elf cup semis and had to get a result on the last day to guarantee 4th place.
Since 2008-09, Liverpool made top 4 twice and the following season they suffered in the league so they won't be making a title challenge next season unless they end up 4th in the group stages of the champions league and sacrifice the FA Cup and league cup by bailing out early.
But that doesn't matter, that's the past, they finally reached the promised land after escaping the temporary wilderness of the last few seasons and will be tearing it up next season with Mbappe leading the line with Klopp at the helm.

Last edited:
Reactions: Invictus

JohnnyKills

Yeah through reaction is massively ott. Klopp talking as if they've won the league.

They've got a major dilemma this summer - do they spend what budget they have on one/two genuine stars, and go into next season without the necessary squad depth,or do they spread the money more thinly to beef up the squad and end up lacking through quality to challenge for trophies?

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I'm satisfied with the league campaign but disappointed with the cup performances. I'll judge things again after some players have been brought in.

Hopefully we make the most of this chance.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Loving the comments in here. No way Liverpool were tipped to finish top 4 back in August by people here. Now the odds have been overcome it's reverted to making fun of Liverpool for doing something nobody predicted.

Delicious.

ForeverRoma93

Supports
A.S. Roma
With a squad thats very average, fair play to Klopp. Many managers would have struggled to get Top 4 with it even if they had no European commitments. Next season will be interesting to see how they do.

ManUArfa

But what will Klopp the magnificent do next season with all the games? Full prem league season, both domestic cups, and CL with all that brings of mid week games and the travel etc.

Plus they will have to be sharp and up to speed a bit earlier than usual to be sure of being competitive and actually qualifying for the CL. (When is the qualifying date anyway?).

There is no way that they will be able to compete on all fronts, so it will be interesting to see if they give up the league cup right from the start with weakened teams or kids etc, and as the season goes on, they will realise that they aren't going to win the CL (although I'm sure some of them will think they can) and will panic that they are struggling to be in the top 4 positions. Then what? Do they give up the CL to make sure they have a chance of top 4 again?

I for one don't see them having any success next season at all, unless they put everything into a domestic cup as the other top sides all have Europe and the extra games too, so may have to go easy in the cups which would give other teams more chance of cup success.

I foresee plenty of fun next season as Klopp and all the fans slowly realise around the Xmas- February period that they aren't going to get out of this circle they are in year after year of being just not quite good enough.

Unless Klopp and Liverpool can buy better players in the summer and have a better squad than us, spurs, arsenal city and chelsea, then they will stay pretty much where they are. It would do them good to put everything into winning the League cup or FA cup next year, as it will at least give them a trophy and a win, as the league and CL are way out of their reach.

Whatever Klopp does, he will have to manage and pretty much give up on some competitions at various stages of the season.

Good luck Klopp and Liverpool.
But there are several other cups to go for next season which would spell success:-
-League Cup Semi Finalists Cup
-FA Cup Semi Finalists Cup
-Any Cup Quarter Finalists Cup
-PL Top 4 Cup
-PL Top 7 Cup
-PL Top Half Cup
-ECL Group Stage Emergers Shield
-WAGs DD Cup
-End of Season Party Golden Chalice

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
Loving the comments in here. No way Liverpool were tipped to finish top 4 back in August by people here. Now the odds have been overcome it's reverted to making fun of Liverpool for doing something nobody predicted.

Delicious.
Your second half of the season collapse overshadows pre season predictions for me.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
If only your manager wasn't mad and most of you weren't a bunch of cocky deluded people i wouldn't dislike you. Good luck getting through the Champions League playoffs with Mignolet and Lovren ;)
Good point - but likewise you'll struggle in the EL without Sanchez and Ozil. Good job that arsene is staying tho :lol:

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship

Delicious.
We're not making fun because of finishing 4th, but because Klopp said it was like a trophy.