Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

haram

In all fairness though I don't think it's right to protect a lead at 1 - 0 in the first half. At 2 - 0 it was 3 - 2 before you could fart.
Team should have adjusted automatically at 2-0. And then 2-1. And then 2-2. Do they not know how to manage games? Are there no leaders out there? Who was captain when Henderson went off?

AmanNits04

An actual quote from tonight...

Defending is a team thing. Today we make individual mistakes and that is not cool. My job is to think about the performance and that was a winning performance. If you want, the draw is our halfway win. We are always a better side when we draw. We have to take the good things and work on the lesser good things.”
What does it actually mean, it's beyond me

ZDwyr

He's really, really bad with substitutions. Waits until the 80th+ minute every time. If he was a little more proactive with them they might not have dropped so many points from winning positions.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
What was it before?
NoIdea For Nickname.

Just find Grand Christmas Board of Fortune game. I thought it starts on 1.1. Damn. Missed so much. 20smt pages!! Probably where I got this name. Love haiku. Halfway reading that thread now.

sorry, about off topic. won't do it again.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout

Suedesi

I would say yes, although Pep is the better manager overall by a margin.
I'm not buying that. Klopp's teams have no balance, they just bomb forward and consequently concede a lot. And they don't score enough to cover the defense issues. Pep's team have a lot more overall balance, but you know that already.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
This match pretty much sums up why Liverpool won't be able to win anything with the squad they have. People saying that Klopp should've changed his tactics after 2-0, Arsenal scored their first two goals within 3 minutes of Liverpool grabbing the second. How drastically can you expect tactics to change within that time that you can blame Klopp for that; especially the second goal, it was a wild pop from Xhaka that even a schoolboy keeper should've saved.

Then you look at the first half and see the not just the amount of but also the quality of chances his strikers missed to effectively end the game then and there (though you can never really say that with Liverpool).

There have been plenty of games where blame can be given to Klopp for failing to control the opposition after taking the lead, but this surely isn't one of them. He played his tactics perfectly, contributed by Arsene playing his poorly in the first half, but his players let him down massively.

Last edited:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He has to know Arsenal would push forward, they did the exact same thing with us after the second goal but we coped and killed the game after an hour.
Arsenal are fantastic at home for a reason.
Does he think the flow of a game will never ebb and flow depending on circumstance?
Ridiculous game management
It's really not his fault that his players didn't kill the game off in the first half alone.

Is it his fault Gomez fell asleep for the 1-2? Mignolet botching a fairly standard save for the 2-2? It all happened within 3 minutes of their 2-0

This game was istanbul in reverse. Apart from 10 minutes of madness, liverpool dominated the rest of it and should have won comfortably

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Has conceded 12 goals in three matches against the big six away while scoring 4 goals. Horrendous record and that's why I said out of all the English clubs, they look the least likely to succeed in Europe.

Rafateria

Karius is almost the same with Mignolet if not the worse. Added to that, Karius is seems more nervous at times more than Mignolet. Their GK need more protection but with high line defence they use, it will just expose their GK more often than not. He need to change the way he set up his defence but he would not because he cant do one.
How did this 'high line' contribute to any of those goals yesterday ?

Didn't think so.

Last edited:

KM

It's really not his fault that his players didn't kill the game off in the first half alone.

Is it his fault Gomez fell asleep for the 1-2? Mignolet botching a fairly standard save for the 2-2? It all happened within 3 minutes of their 2-0

This game was istanbul in reverse. Apart from 10 minutes of madness, liverpool dominated the rest of it and should have won comfortably
This is a fairly laughable post.

Of course it's the managers fault that he keeps on playing average players in key positions. Mignolet making a fault isn't a rare occurrence. Their defense being a problem isn't a rare occurrence. Klopp has failed to rectify these faults even though he got 5 transfer windows for this. His defensive system is fairly below average.

The logic according to many here is that if Liverpool attacks here then it's due to Klopp system which is fair enough but if they defend badly then it's due to the player.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The kinda nonsense he regularly comes up with ... Perfect levels of delusion required to be loved by the fans. I seriously believe now this is one their biggest criterion when recruiting a manager at Liverpool. In recent years the one they truly hated was WOY because among other things, he was pretty much down to Earth. All their other managers share the same pyschological profil.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
This is a fairly laughable post.

Of course it's the managers fault that he keeps on playing average players in key positions. Mignolet making a fault isn't a rare occurrence. Their defense being a problem isn't a rare occurrence. Klopp has failed to rectify these faults even though he got 5 transfer windows for this. His defensive system is fairly below average.

The logic according to many here is that if Liverpool attacks here then it's due to Klopp system which is fair enough but if they defend badly then it's due to the player.
You're blaming his decisions in personnell, not his coaching. Basically it's his fault that he didn't sign a better goalkeeper and backup RB. That's fine. That IS the problem. The coaching's mostly fine. Same thing was happening with guardiola last season, people blaming his system and coaching for defensive fragility.

Lo and behold, they are now the best defence in the legue

Players are the bigger problem

kouroux

wtf...

It's definitely his fault to not close things down at 0-2. Forget all the misses, they were leading by 2 goals at one point away from home. What is the need to keep attacking and leaving yourself exposed like that :houllier: ? Both him and Wenger showed amateurish levels of tactics.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
wtf...

It's definitely his fault to not close things down at 0-2. Forget all the misses, they were leading by 2 goals at one point away from home. What is the need to keep attacking and leaving yourself exposed like that :houllier: ? Both him and Wenger showed amateurish levels of tactics.
How were they attacking when arsenal scored the first and second goals?

kouroux

How were they attacking when arsenal scored the first and second goals?
They just kept the same style and high pressure. Even at 1-2, with the crowd behind Arsenal, you kill the momentum .You make a sub or a tactical adjustment because you know they're going to come for you. It's not like an Arsenal reaction wasn't expected. They're at home and were always going to pour forward. Look at the stats that says the number of points Liverpool have lost from winning position since Klopp took over, it's not a coincidence. This shit happens over and over again.

KM

You're blaming his decisions in personnell, not his coaching. Basically it's his fault that he didn't sign a better goalkeeper and backup RB. That's fine. That IS the problem. The coaching's mostly fine. Same thing was happening with guardiola last season, people blaming his system and coaching for defensive fragility.

That still doesn't absolve Klopp of any blame which you attempted to do in your previous post.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
That still doesn't absolve Klopp of any blame which you attempted to do in your previous post.
Heh, i'm not british, different conception of a manager's job

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They just kept the same style and high pressure. Even at 1-2, with the crowd behind Arsenal, you kill the momentum .You make a sub or a tactical adjustment because you know they're going to come for you. It's not like an Arsenal reaction wasn't expected. They're at home and were always going to pour forward. Look at the stats that says the number of points Liverpool have lost from winning position since Klopp took over, it's not a coincidence. This shit happens over and over again.
Not talking about the wider issue, just this particular game. The 1-2 came a minute after the 2-0. Liverpool were on the back-foot, defending deep in numbers. Arsenal put a cross into the box with 5 'pool players vs 2 arsenal players. Gomez fall asleep --> goal.
Second goal, a shot right at the keeper from 40 yards. That came two minutes after the 1-2. What's he supposed to do in that situation? He didn't even have time to react.

Arsenal scored 3 goals in 5 minutes ffs

kouroux

Not talking about the wider issue, just this particular game. The 1-2 came a minute after the 2-0. Liverpool were on the back-foot, defending deep in numbers. Arsenal put a cross into the box with 5 'pool players vs 2 arsenal players. Gomez fall asleep --> goal.
Second goal, a shot right at the keeper from 40 yards. That came two minutes after the 1-2. What's he supposed to do in that situation? He didn't even have time to react.

Arsenal scored 3 goals in 5 minutes ffs
And that is not shocking to you ??? This particular game is part of the wider issue, you cannot separate IMHO. Liverpool were letting Arsenal run at them way too easily, it's there to see. You are looking at the goals individually and look what happens during the entire sequences, where are Liverpool's midfielders, where are Liverpool's attackers ?
And what about the 3rd goal ? Are you going to tell me that Klopp has absolutely zero impact in those 5 minutes and all the blame is only on the players ? As much as we love to say that Mourinho doesn't our team from an attacking POV, Klopp doesn't do the same either when defending. He's a terrible manager, shit like that happens on a regularly and whether it's in a 5 min crazy period or a whole half, something is really wrong.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
People expect Klopp to replace the center backs, goalkeeper, midfielders and improve squad depth, lets also not forget Liverpool only scored 52 goals the season before. He has had 2 summer transfer windows but then again Liverpool did not have barely the same financial strength of United or City to be able to solve their weaknesses overnight.

Klopp has been able to massively improve the attack and has done well with signing Keita for next season, Matip also looks a solid defender but lacks a partner. You can say tried to solve the keeper issue with Karius but that has flopped, but then again Pep flopped with Bravo and he had the luxury for being able to sign another big money keeper the next season. Therein is a major difference the task Klopp has in improving the team compared to City and United.

Tactically he definitely needs to improve given the personel he has at Liverpool. At Dortmund he had quality defensive players like Hummels, Subotic and Bender which enabled him to play attacking while being solid enough defensively, though even that started to deteriorate later on. Liverpool has far worse players defensively but he hasn't backed down from that style.

I definitely don't see Klopp changing his style though, so he needs to improve the team to be more successful.

Rafateria

At no point in this match was either of the teams 'in control'.
Whilst I agree with this .. the game was far far too open ... quite clearly Liverpool were creating serious chances and breaks that they should have converted. Gary Neville suggested Liverpool should be 4 or 5 up at HT. That continued for most of the match (chance creation) regardless of the errors which allowed Arsenal back into the game, they rarely (bar the excellent 3rd goal) actually created much danger (possession around the box was generally well defended if we remove the two 'long distance' individual errors from the picture).

In that regard Liverpool were in control in that they seemed far more likely to actually extend their lead than concede.

Rafateria

What positivity?
The fake one?
Also doing well. He said he'll win the league. Not going as planned.
Not going as planned ? Doesn't that apply to 99% of football clubs ? Anyway he said within 5-6 years if memory serves, we're a long way from that and most Liverpool supporters are happy with him and the progress. However as with any 'project' it isn't going to look like the finished article until it's finished ! If you are repainting your house some rooms are going to look good but the whole house won't until it's finished, of course. So along the way there are going to be issues, which we can all see and it would be naive in the extreme to believe the Liverpool coaching staff don't see them too (but aren't going to acknowledge in public or maybe even to the players, there are egos and confidence to protect after all). Same applies to every club in every league, very few ever become that finished article though and maybe this Liverpool team won't ... but that is far too early to say IMHO.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks

You're overrating him. He had better players in Dortmund at the back in his last season, but pretty much same problems. He lost 43 points in the league from winning positions. It's not normal to have same mistakes and problems over and over again. His subs are awful. Most importantly, I haven't noticed any tactical change during a big match which actually won him a game. While I agree that Liverpool won't find anyone better, he is not part of a managerial elite.

And btw. can he be finally punished for acting like a lunatic? He is the first manager who will need a cage at this rate.

Rafateria

Yeah, they don't have a deep-lying playmaker who can control the tempo of the game. All-action B2B dross like Henderson, Wijnaldum, Can etc. Keita will improve them, but he's in the same mould. Long may they keep Hendo as their captain who shall (almost) always play.
The mind boggles at what some people see .... there is no way in the world any of those three are B2B midfielders. The occasional forward foray in this setup, from their starting positions, doesn't make them so either. The fact is none of them are naturally defensively minded though Can may have the potential to be I'm not at all sorry he'll be off in the Summer.

Rafateria

This match pretty much sums up why Liverpool won't be able to win anything with the squad they have. People saying that Klopp should've changed his tactics after 2-0, Arsenal scored their first two goals within 3 minutes of Liverpool grabbing the second. How drastically can you expect tactics to change within that time that you can blame Klopp for that; especially the second goal, it was a wild pop from Xhaka that even a schoolboy keeper should've saved.

Then you look at the first half and see the not just the amount of but also the quality of chances his strikers missed to effectively end the game then and there (though you can never really say that with Liverpool).

There have been plenty of games where blame can be given to Klopp for failing to control the opposition after taking the lead, but this surely isn't one of them. He played his tactics perfectly, contributed by Arsene playing his poorly in the first half, but his players let him down massively.
Indeed this. Two massive individual errors .. without them this match was more likely to end 0-3 or 0-4. That first goal gave Arsenal momentum and the second belief.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
So... That top of the mini league thing that I told you was unlikely to be repeated this season.... How's that going?

I remember in the summer how certain Liverpool fans like Rafatarian told us it was just a case of winning the mini league again and then improving against weaker teams, which would definitely happen because Klopp would be signing a new defence.

What has actually happened though is that they are not winning versus top six rivals and are also still struggling to beat some of the smaller teams.

JASR

Official Redcafe Union Rep for City Posters Rights
Supports
City
Has conceded 12 goals in three matches against the big six away while scoring 4 goals. Horrendous record and that's why I said out of all the English clubs, they look the least likely to succeed in Europe.
This big 6 mini league?

1 City p5 gf18 ga3 points 15
2 Chelsea p5 gf4 ga3 points 8
3 United p5 gf5 ga4 points 7
4 Liverpool p6 gf9 ga13 points 6
5 Arsenal p6 gf7 ga13 points 5
6 Spurs p5 gf6 ga10 points 3

Where a single win is the difference between 4 teams?

Tottenham look the least likely on points, Liverpool on goals conceded, Arsenal least on goal difference, United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham on goals.

So looks more like Arsenal and Tottenham, on top 6 mini league form.

You are correct about the Liverpool goals against though, although that’s completely skewed by Mane’s sending off, iirc.

Rafateria

This.

Rafateria

So... That top of the mini league thing that I told you was unlikely to be repeated this season.... How's that going?

I remember in the summer how certain Liverpool fans like Rafatarian told us it was just a case of winning the mini league again and then improving against weaker teams, which would definitely happen because Klopp would be signing a new defence.

What has actually happened though is that they are not winning versus top six rivals and are also still struggling to beat some of the smaller teams.
Find and quote that with a link. Nobody said anything of the kind because repeating that mini-league 'win' was highly unlikely. Incredible how some people concoct a story to suit their agenda.

GaryLifo

But you can make excuses for the goals Liverpool scored as people have made for Arsenal goals. Lucky deflections on the first two goals followed by a howler from Cech on the third goal.

GaryLifo

Find and quote that with a link. Nobody said anything of the kind because repeating that mini-league 'win' was highly unlikely. Incredible how some people concoct a story to suit their agenda.
This is a united forum and I like winding up Liverpool fans who can't help but bite on the juicy bait I'm dangling. Merry Xmas :)