Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

BigdaftGorby

hmm, this is actually quite interesting (you may not agree with that)

if he's offside when the ball is played - obviously offside, even

but he (or anyone) then comes back to onside before they then go for the ball & get the ball, you could probably make the decision either way

1 - he was offside when the ball was played & gained possession

or

2 - it's a new phase of play because the player goes back onside & makes a definite separate movement, no advantage was actually gained from being in the offside position in the first place

well... :D :D

let's say he is offside, :rolleyes: - (when the ball is headed)

he comes back onside to then move to go for the ball - and I now this sounds batshit, but by doing this he essentially creates his own new phase of play

possibly

I'm not sure about the VAR either - it really is incredibly marginal
So I haven’t avctually seen this but just answer me something?
If he was in an offside position when the ball was played then moved back onside only to then go for the ball. Right?

In between him moving back onside and then going for the ball does anyone in an onside position touch the ball?

If they do then it’s a new phase of play, but if nobody touches it then it is offside.

BullishBull

Supports
Liverpool
If we win you can guarantee Klopp will have some huge injustice to moan about. The tedious bell end.
I've never seen a United manager moan about anything in my lifetime. Never seen one moan about referees, ghost goals, the amount of time added on etc.

montpelier

So I haven’t avctually seen this but just answer me something?
If he was in an offside position when the ball was played then moved back onside only to then go for the ball. Right?

In between him moving back onside and then going for the ball does anyone in an onside position touch the ball?

If they do then it’s a new phase of play, but if nobody touches it then it is offside.
yes, I ended up agreeing with your last sentence - no other way to do it realistically either

but speaking in the spirit of what is & what isn't a new phase of play - if a player runs a massive semi circle from offside, back to onside, then he's the first to react & proceed to take possession (ok, kick the ball) having done this then it's more legit for me than someone who's been goal-hanging for the previous 5 minutes but then finds himself back in the game because the progress of the ball down the wing puts him back onside (someone else touching the ball as you say in reality)

the goal-hanger has been difficult to mark, sought to gain an advantage by standing offside & then become legitimately active in the next phase

my hero running back onside is acting much more fairly but there's no new phase of play - I was arguing that it could be considered a new phase

it was then established that I was wrong / could never be right about this, :D

as you say, touch of the ball is essential to distinguish phases - which in a different example is Lovren's miskick for Kane's dive-pen - which looks stupid but follows what you say about a touch of the ball, without a touch of the ball it's the same phase & Kane is obviously offside

Rafateria

I just think that United fans have short memories if they are to complain about other managers.
I came into this thread by accident - the tagline has been removed and I thought it was a new thread (didn't check the number of pages) adn just read the last page. Normally I studiously avoid it because it is RC's equivilant of RAWK, so what else do you expect to read in here except venting based on bias and in some cases jealously ? Toodaloo !

BigdaftGorby

yes, I ended up agreeing with your last sentence - no other way to do it realistically either

but speaking in the spirit of what is & what isn't a new phase of play - if a player runs a massive semi circle from offside, back to onside, then he's the first to react & proceed to take possession (ok, kick the ball) having done this then it's more legit for me than someone who's been goal-hanging for the previous 5 minutes but then finds himself back in the game because the progress of the ball down the wing puts him back onside (someone else touching the ball as you say in reality)

the goal-hanger has been difficult to mark, sought to gain an advantage by standing offside & then become legitimately active in the next phase

my hero running back onside is acting much more fairly but there's no new phase of play - I was arguing that it could be considered a new phase

it was then established that I was wrong / could never be right about this, :D

as you say, touch of the ball is essential to distinguish phases - which in a different example is Lovren's miskick for Kane's dive-pen - which looks stupid but follows what you say about a touch of the ball, without a touch of the ball it's the same phase & Kane is obviously offside
Yes I see the moral difference of somebody doing the run around and regaining the ball, but unfortunately goal hanger who plays the offside rule to his advantage will always be around.
Inzaghe was one of the best/worst for it

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I've never seen a United manager moan about anything in my lifetime. Never seen one moan about referees, ghost goals, the amount of time added on etc.
Because you were too busy following your ailing team like good fan should:smirk:

SirAF

Ageist
I came into this thread by accident - the tagline has been removed and I thought it was a new thread (didn't check the number of pages) adn just read the last page. Normally I studiously avoid it because it is RC's equivilant of RAWK, so what else do you expect to read in here except venting based on bias and in some cases jealously ? Toodaloo !
Finally!

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
This is the Klopp thread. To complain about Jose please go to the appropriate thread.

In here we are discussing how much of a bell end Klopp is but gets away with it unlike other managers.

You know like when he screamed in the fourth official's face or when he ran the length of the pitch against spurs, or when he slammed that water bottle down in anger.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
So what's your point, we shouldn't say Klopp is moaning all the time just cause United managers moaned before?
By their argument, we should not charge a person who steals any more because other people have already been punished for stealing.

Or if one of our players two-foots Salah on Saturday, well, Liverpool fans must not complain, because, hey, I've seen Liverpool players do two footed tackles in the past...

Ban

By their argument, we should not charge a person who steals any more because other people have already been punished for stealing.

Or if one of our players two-foots Salah on Saturday, well, Liverpool fans must not complain, because, hey, I've seen Liverpool players do two footed tackles in the past...
Exactly.

Ban

Cheers mate.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
He really is a clown, Jose Mourinho not winning trophies :lol:. The guy is a born winner, how many managers would have binned the league and risked his job on the Europa League? That's how much belief he has in himself. Klopp the Clown in his first season lost in both the league cup and EL final, the same two finals that Mourinho won!

breakout67

Supports
Man City
He doesn't actually say that, typical shite headline.
He said basically the same thing in the article. He said that defensive football doesn't work if you don't win trophies at United, well he's winning trophies so...

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Redcafe get's outraged over clickbait quote taken out of context vol 139587193859135.

Varun

Staff
He said basically the same thing in the article. He said that defensive football doesn't work if you don't win trophies at United, well he's winning trophies so...
The article basically admits he was politically correct on all questions Utd and Jose. Was asked if there's a responsibility to attack if you're a big spender to which he replied saying that. Didn't mention us or Jose either. Actually is quite honest in that piece saying Jose won 2 trophies last season and says he wishes they had won the 2 finals they were in too because it'd have changed a lot. Also says if they won the league next season, that's what would be remembered and now how they won it.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
The only manager to beat Pep in the Premier League is facing a marmalisation if this continues.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I don’t think he’s planned well for this tactically speaking.

Mourinho did.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Biggest team talk of Liverpool tenure coming up. They must avoid getting sucked into a battle for a top four spot.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I don’t think he’s planned well for this tactically speaking.

Mourinho did.
I don’t think he’s one to plan games tactically, he sets his teams up to play the game they want to play in the belief that it’s enough to beat the opposition.

It’s why you guys consistently play fluid cohesive football but quickly come unstuck when a team gets in top of you.

Mourinho is the polar opposite, the game plan is designed for the opponent so consistency, cohesion and fluidity are difficult to foster but it’s rare that the opposition make a fool out of his sides.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I don’t think he’s one to plan games tactically, he sets his teams up to play the game they want to play in the belief that it’s enough to beat the opposition.

It’s why you guys consistently play fluid cohesive football but quickly come unstuck when a team gets in top of you.

Mourinho is the polar opposite, the game plan is designed for the opponent so consistency, cohesion and fluidity are difficult to foster but it’s rare that the opposition make a fool out of his sides.
Yeah that’s noticeable today. It’s clear Mourinho did his homework and targeted Lovren/Alexander-Arnold.

You’ve dealt with our front three brilliantly so far.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Yeah that’s noticeable today. It’s clear Mourinho did his homework and targeted Lovren/Alexander-Arnold.

With your front three we’ve done well to cut the supply to reduce the number of times their dangerous runs are picked out. McTominay in particular has done very well in that regard.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
With your front three we’ve done well to cut the supply to reduce the number of times their dangerous runs are picked out. McTominay in particular has done very well in that regard.
Don't think DDG has had to made a save yet.

Kapardin

Was never in doubt. First thing Mourinho does is always ensure that the most dangerous attacker (Hazard, Salah etc) is neutralized. I predicted yesterday that Salah would have a quiet game and so far, it is as I expected.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
It’s a good thing referees & the FA love his passion otherwise he’d be in the stands every week for his behaviour.