Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

breakout67

Supports
Man City
"I'd rather we be serial losers than winning the league in the manager's first season"

:lol: Their delusion knows no bounds.
Liverpool fans make so many logical leaps when it comes to assessing their managers. Rafa used to be better than SAF and Liverpool used to be better than United back in the day. If only they weren't so hard done by the trophy cabinet would have reflected this.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Still waiting to see him change a game on its head tactically away in Europe when we concede early. He has all game and HT to do it but we still don't react. He doesn't help himself with the team he puts out beforehand either. The big money midfield upgrade we've been longing for to deploy in these games and he reverts back a midfield 3 since the first days of his tenure.

James Peril

Klopp was absolutely mental in the interview with Norwegian TV, really pathetic character. Attacking everything that’s besides the real match, not mentioning the fact that they didn’t create a single chance and got a penalty for a dive. Goes on about Neymar, but what is his point!? Give him a red card for being a bitch after getting butchered 4-5 times? Ridiculous.

Still scared of that team if they replace that awful misfield with player alike Salah and Mane. Henderson is far away from being a player, Wijnaldum is the definition of average and the last one I can’t even remember. If they get a Verratti and Ndombele, well...

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Great manager.

His big challenge right now is to improve his midfield's capability to generate chances, independent of mistakes made by the opposing team. I'm not sure where Fabiano and Keita fit into that, although getting in an advanced playmaker wouldn't hurt.

Halds

Supports
Liverpool FC
He needs a midfield asap. Needs to stop thinking Milner, Gini and Henderson are quality.
Yep. They are all hard working, but they don't have the quality needed. None of them protects the defence very well, and none of them have the creativity to support our attack. There should only be room for one of them in the team.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Liverpool really didn't look very threatening outside of set pieces, mainly because they are so much stronger physically than PSG and have much more height but Klopp's got no ground for any frustration. Liverpool didn't get a single shot on goal from open play, were passive for most of the first half, and couldn't do anything when PSG were happy (stupidly, I might add) to sit back and protect their one goal lead.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Will continue to say it. Coutinho was their genuine world class talent.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
"I'd rather we be serial losers than winning the league in the manager's first season"

:lol: Their delusion knows no bounds.
Seems like comprehensive reading isn't really your strong side but oh well.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Will continue to say it. Coutinho was their genuine world class talent.
Not really (not our only one at least), but we have failed to replace him and that's what hurting us a bit.

el3mel

His interviews after losing have been nothing short of embarrassing. Anyone remember last season when he was mad because WBA fought to win a point against them because they're relegated ? His interviews after losses are embarrassing that it's ridiculous people don't talk enough about it and all the focus on reading between the lines in what someone like Mourinho says.

RooneyLegend

I was thinking about the comparisons. So many say United have mostly terrible players and yet they finished above LFC. Mourinho must be a genius or Klopp not all that he's presented to be.
We won't be finishing above them this season, and they finished above us in Jose's first season. Whatever you say, after 400 million, Klopp has done a better job at Pool than Mou at us.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Klopp seems like a nice guy honestly. A nutcase by all means, but I'd invite him over for a beer.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
While the loyalty to his players is one of his strengthes I believe it is also his biggest flaw. Sometimes he just refuses to replace merited players with better alternatives because he trusts them too much. It wasn't as obvious at Dortmund because he never had the financial capabilities but at Liverpool it is quite clear. Everyone knew Karius wasn't on the same level as the team, now you can clearly see that Milner and Henderson can't be your midfield if your goal is to reach at least the semis of the CL. If he'd have a bit of Pep's or Mourinho's ruthlessness in him he would probably be even more successful. I mean, the quality gap between their midfield and attack is just incredible. He really needs to fix that.

montpelier

Can I just say that after very carefully assessing Jurgen Klopp independently of Jose Mourinho & without reference to Jose Mourinho I am concluding that BIG FOOT IS A feckING BELLEND !!!

Thank you.

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
Still better than Mourinho
mou is a cnut and has lost some of his edge, but I would still pick him over klopp all the time. Klopp is very funny and pleasant but his style of football is more beatiful than effective and despite all the investments so far he has not won a single trophy with Liverpool.

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
We won't be finishing above them this season, and they finished above us in Jose's first season. Whatever you say, after 400 million, Klopp has done a better job at Pool than Mou at us.
no he has not. Mourinho has won trophies, Klopp won nothing

Canagel

His interviews after losing have been nothing short of embarrassing. Anyone remember last season when he was mad because WBA fought to win a point against them because they're relegated ? His interviews after losses are embarrassing that it's ridiculous people don't talk enough about it and all the focus on reading between the lines in what someone like Mourinho says.
People don't like Mourinho because he talks about himself as separate entity from the club. Klopp is a sore loser but he doesn't go around trashing the club/players to protect his reputation . That's the difference

breakout67

Supports
Man City
This forum is pathetic, after Liverpool put in a poor display and their manager gets criticized the first thing some posters do is bring up Mourinho.

Some jose-out people are obsessed with Mourinho, he has nothing to do with this thread or game or manager.

Vadim

While the loyalty to his players is one of his strengthes I believe it is also his biggest flaw. Sometimes he just refuses to replace merited players with better alternatives because he trusts them too much. It wasn't as obvious at Dortmund because he never had the financial capabilities but at Liverpool it is quite clear. Everyone knew Karius wasn't on the same level as the team, now you can clearly see that Milner and Henderson can't be your midfield if your goal is to reach at least the semis of the CL. If he'd have a bit of Pep's or Mourinho's ruthlessness in him he would probably be even more successful. I mean, the quality gap between their midfield and attack is just incredible. He really needs to fix that.
He’s just spent an absolute fortune on Keita and Fabinho yet starts donkeys like Milner and Henderson.

He’s stubborn like Mourinho and has his favourites.

Vadim

He’s really got to ditch the baseball cap and glasses look. It’s so bad.

el3mel

People don't like Mourinho because he talks about himself as separate entity from the club. Klopp is a sore loser but he doesn't go around trashing the club/players to protect his reputation . That's the difference
Saying the opposition should have given them the points and not fought hard because they're relegated, for example, is far, far worse than talking about yourself it's not even comparison.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
He’s just spent an absolute fortune on Keita and Fabinho yet starts donkeys like Milner and Henderson.

Don't really know Fabinho but Keita is still raw. I can at least understand that he waits with him.

At Dortmund he always had at least one player in midfield who was superb with the ball at his feet. Either Sahin as a DLP or Gündogan as a number 8. In Liverpool he plays two "donkeys" instead of trying to install someone like the two above.

I mean, their front three as as good as it gets. Sure you can argue that PSG, Barca or even Juve have a comparable front three now that Cristiano is there but Liverpool at the very least is not that far behind them quality-wise. And then you have Milner in CM. Nothing against the guy but the gap in quality is quite weird.

Vadim

Don't really know Fabinho but Keita is still raw. I can at least understand that he waits with him.

At Dortmund he always had at least one player in midfield who was superb with the ball at his feet. Either Sahin as a DLP or Gündogan as a number 8. In Liverpool he plays two "donkeys" instead of trying to install someone like the two above.

I mean, their front three as as good as it gets. Sure you can argue that PSG, Barca or even Juve have a comparable front three now that Cristiano is there but Liverpool at the very least is not that far behind them quality-wise. And then you have Milner in CM. Nothing against the guy but the gap in quality is quite weird.
Yeah I agree.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge

Tbf every manager has their own favorites. I dont think it's born out of favoristism but realism. When your star player or even your first team is going through a patch you dont always have the same backup, or the same players with the same traits that they bring.

For example lukaku, costa, etc.

It's easy for us to say drop him, bench him etc. But i dont think it's that simple in real life management.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That interview is pure comedy, easy to tell he's hurting and feeling the pressure with their spending in the summer.