Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
Nice read that. Thanks for posting.

I read somewhere recently that the guy who wrote Klopp's autobiography claimed that one of Jurgen's first priorities when he took over at Liverpool wasn't to sign players, it was to whip up the passion from the supporters, who he felt could help the players achieve great things with the club. That cringeworthy scenario after we'd drawn at home to West Brom & Klopp had the players saluting the Kop afterwards was all part of his plan to get Anfield back to the place where opposition players & fans feared. That victory, & the atmosphere, against Barcelona in May was actually conceived in that 2-2 draw against The Baggies some years ago.

Eric7C

Most passionately. He got quite emotional about it. Clearly loves it here and would not like to see us leave.
I must admit he was very articulate
Oh, honestly, I am surprised. I am with @anitsocial on this one. Stand up for what you believe, Kloppy.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Oh, honestly, I am surprised. I am with @Anitsocial on this one. Stand up for what you believe, Kloppy.
Outside of him being a Liverpool manager I can’t hate the guy. Passion teeth and all.
When I see ole Jose LVG all sitting down passionless I just want some fecking desire on the touch line

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

I read somewhere recently that the guy who wrote Klopp's autobiography claimed that one of Jurgen's first priorities when he took over at Liverpool wasn't to sign players, it was to whip up the passion from the supporters, who he felt could help the players achieve great things with the club. That cringeworthy scenario after we'd drawn at home to West Brom & Klopp had the players saluting the Kop afterwards was all part of his plan to get Anfield back to the place where opposition players & fans feared. That victory, & the atmosphere, against Barcelona in May was actually conceived in that 2-2 draw against The Baggies some years ago.
That’s a German thing though

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout

:lol:

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Just do it like this.
United have 37 domestic real trophies to Lfc 33. Thats league/FA cups/League Cups
Liverpool have 9 real trophies to 4 in Europe. Thats European-CL/ Uefa-Europa Cups
I think that’s fair
I’ve always considered United the biggest domestic English team and Liverpool the biggest English team in Europe. A similar situation to Juve-Milan in Italy, albeit the difference is nowhere near as extreme.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
I’ve always considered United the biggest domestic English team and Liverpool the biggest English team in Europe. A similar situation to Juve-Milan in Italy, albeit the difference is nowhere near as extreme.
Are you talking successful or big. Up until 2008 it was Liverpool in both categories, Europe and home. The Juve Milan story is really opposites when it comes to domestic and Europe.

Hubal

Up until 2008 it was Liverpool in both categories, Europe and home.
In my 20 years of watching football I never thought of Liverpool as a real domestic threat to be honest, it was last season that changed everything. The Champions League, I can give you that but England? Never, Benitez was fun to compete with but I wasn't really scared of you in the league as I would have been of Chelsea. I'd say domestically it's mostly been between United, Chelsea and Arsenal (due to their FA Cup record). Klopp can be your gamechanger though.

Suedesi

Are you talking successful or big. Up until 2008 it was Liverpool in both categories, Europe and home. The Juve Milan story is really opposites when it comes to domestic and Europe.
Yeah, but Liverpool were largely irrelevant domestically until last couple of years. They had amassed 18 titles, but never really threaten to win another one in the last 2 decades. Even their Istanbul 2005 was the flukiest win of all time.

Things have changed now, they are one of the best teams in Europe, full stop.

Juve and Milan were trading titles and being rivals largely until mid 2010.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
He's a great manager, just a bit cringe.
The ‘cringe’ shout is fair enough if that’s what you think but it’s pretty obvious he’s not a cringey boss in and around the club. He’s very gregarious and demonstrative with how he deals with people but that, according to Honigstein in his Klopp biography, is why he has such incredible buy-in. Everyone is valued from cleaner to Salah. The culture he has cultivated is obviously very strong and that can only come about if you’re authentic - I think Klopp is exactly that.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Good read and good on him on winning the award, he truly deserves it.

Some people criticize him for not having managed a club like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, etc. where there's more pressure to win stuff but I do believe it has more merit what he has achieved with Liverpool and formerly Borussia Dortmund, in fact I would love him to manage Real Madrid (as unlikely as it seems) but more importantly I do enjoy the type of football his teams display the most..
It's a bizarre criticism. "He's only won major trophies with underdogs. Let's see him do it with a team that is stacked from the outset."

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
It's a bizarre criticism. "He's only won major trophies with underdogs. Let's see him do it with a team that is stacked from the outset."
I've been one of his biggest critics on here, but last season he definitively proved my doubts about him wrong. He's still a massive cock, don't get me wrong, but for him to build two clubs from upper-mid-table to the levels he has, to me, is far more impressive than Guardiola taking over a stacked Barca team with the best player in the world, dominating a league with by far the richest team, and then coming to England and doing the same.

As you say, it's a really strange criticism to be highlighting that he's had success with not just one, but two underdog sides.

I'd say now Liverpool aren't an underdog side, and I'd also say that you're probably favourites for the title this season, but given that you finished 8th in his first season, I'd say that's just a testament to the rebuilding job he's done. I just hope he fecks off soon and you can come and join us in the scrap for 6th.

Swarlos

Supports
Lyn FK, Liverpool
He's incredibly cringe. Every time he says 'cool' a small part of humanity dies.

Great manager though.
I think that comes from you trying to dislike him, as he is the Liverpool manager. He was pretty much universally liked on here before he joined LFC. Players who have played for him also speak very highly of him. Götze said the following in his player tribune article earlier this year:

Götze said:
It’s funny to see him now with Liverpool, because he’s such a natural guy in front of the media. He’s so authentic and he says whatever he wants. But I think most people just see the version of him standing on the touchline. There’s a very serious side as well.

(...)

He knew how to handle me. He was an outstanding coach, but his personality was the most important thing for me as a young player. I have never met a manager in football who was so naturally funny.

Jimmy_Bond

I think that comes from you trying to dislike him, as he is the Liverpool manager. He was pretty much universally liked on here before he joined LFC. Players who have played for him also speak very highly of him. Götze said the following in his player tribune article earlier this year:
Me "trying to dislike him?"

Not at all. I guess I associate a man in his 50's saying "cool" with some middle age bloke trying to be cool. Considering he's a manager, I find it very "David Brent." You might not understand that reference as you're not English.

I think he's a nice guy, and quite like him, but he's incredibly cringe.

PyroMan

FFS. He's great. Annoying he has to be manager of that lot.
This. I absolutely abhor Liverpool but Jurgen fecking Klopp. What a massive cnut to go manage that awful lot.

The more I read about him, especially the non-football stuff, the more you admire him. He has his values very clear and he follows them to the hilt. There's little pretentiousness about him. Absolutely immense person and it's such a pity he manages Liverpool.

I have little doubt that we may have seen Sir AF's legacy continue if we would have gotten him. That's how good he is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool

Not at all. I guess I associate a man in his 50's saying "cool" with some middle age bloke trying to be cool. Considering he's a manager, I find it very "David Brent." You might not understand that reference as you're not English.

He's not cringe at all. Not even remotely. I think you just don't like him because he's managing us. And I'm English so have no issues understanding your Brent references.

Jimmy_Bond

He's not cringe at all. Not even remotely. I think you just don't like him because he's managing us. And I'm English so have no issues understanding your Brent references.
Well you say you're English so you have no problems understanding the Brent reference.

What you do seem to have problems with is reading your supposed native language. Jog on.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Personally I find Mourinho more cringey. Greats like Fergie weren't so insecure that they had big up their accomplishments at any given oppourtunity.

Seaman

Supports
Barnet

Cringe? Are we teenagers? Im not a fan of Liverpool but I really like Klopp. He come across so passionate and genuine when you hear him talk. It also says pretty much every player that played for him like him and people around the clubs he worked for likes him. He's a peoples people. Even if Jesus managed Liverpool some United fans would find fault with him.

Swarlos

Supports
Lyn FK, Liverpool

Yes, I think there are a lot of United supporters who, unconsciously or not, want to dislike him because he manages Liverpool. What exactly do you find cringe except using the word "cool"?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Cringe? Are we teenagers? Im not a fan of Liverpool but I really like Klopp. He come across so passionate and genuine when you hear him talk. It also says pretty much every player that played for him like him and people around the clubs he worked for likes him. He's a peoples people. Even if Jesus managed Liverpool some United fans would find fault with him.
Not true.
Hodgson, Houiller and Roy Evans didn't whip up much hate, and it's not just down to achievements.

But Bentiez, King Kenny, Rodgers and Klopp just have that horrible Liverpool manager gene.