Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
10. VVD in for Jones and that would have been their best XI.
I still can’t work out whether they’re having an injury crisis or not, everyweek they basically have they’re forwards, midfielders and fullbacks playing, a new midfield world superstar playing and the best ever goal keeper in the world playing everyweek so where is the crisis? They’re missing one first team player but have a few squad injuries?

not even the Liverpool fans here can agree about it, question klopp running them into the ground with injuries and met with a we only have three Injuries and they’re not muscular so it’s not klopps fault, other fans say Covid and injuries has fecked them.

It’s a mystery how the greatest PL team of all time can regress so quickly

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Home advantage is pretty much gone now though, no one is scared to play in an empty stadium. We still had the fear factor early on but once a few teams started to get results against us, most realized that you could really get something at Anfield (rightfully so). Of course it's also down to us simply playing really badly but I doubt this happens with a full crowd at Anfield.

Apparently first time in 205 league games that Klopp lost back-to-back. Mourinho is a distant second at 76 games.

This season is pretty much a write-off now. I just hope we can secure top 4 (asap), have a good run in the CL and then regroup with the focus on next year. City has successfully rebounded after a down season last year, I think we are capable of doing the same next season when Van Dijk is fully fit again (and hopefully reaches close to the same level as before his injury).
That's his Liverpool career isn't it, very impressive considering the state of Liverpool when he took over.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
That's his Liverpool career isn't it, very impressive considering the state of Liverpool when he took over.
Yeah it is, very impressive indeed.

Really needs to cut out the poor excuses now though. I read that he blamed Alisson's mistakes on cold feet in his post-match interview, what the feck is that about. Just admit that the better team won, look at what you did wrong and how you can improve that, and move on.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I still can’t work out whether they’re having an injury crisis or not, everyweek they basically have they’re forwards, midfielders and fullbacks playing, a new midfield world superstar playing and the best ever goal keeper in the world playing everyweek so where is the crisis? They’re missing one first team player but have a few squad injuries?

not even the Liverpool fans here can agree about it, question klopp running them into the ground with injuries and met with a we only have three Injuries and they’re not muscular so it’s not klopps fault, other fans say Covid and injuries has fecked them.

It’s a mystery how the greatest PL team of all time can regress so quickly
I think it's mostly a case of their depth not being that great. In a normal season you'd be able to rotate in a reasonable way, but this season everyone is forced to rotate because of the packed schedule and after a few injuries Liverpool have to play the same players all the time because their depth isn't great. That might mean they get more smaller injuries as well due to players playing too much and then that compounds the issue even more.

hubbuh

Home advantage is pretty much gone now though, no one is scared to play in an empty stadium. We still had the fear factor early on but once a few teams started to get results against us, most realized that you could really get something at Anfield (rightfully so). Of course it's also down to us simply playing really badly but I doubt this happens with a full crowd at Anfield.

Apparently first time in 205 league games that Klopp lost back-to-back. Mourinho is a distant second at 76 games.

This season is pretty much a write-off now. I just hope we can secure top 4 (asap), have a good run in the CL and then regroup with the focus on next year. City has successfully rebounded after a down season last year, I think we are capable of doing the same next season when Van Dijk is fully fit again (and hopefully reaches close to the same level as before his injury).
Liverpool's home form surely can't be attributed to the fans in the stadium, or lack thereof. You had an imperious 2-3 years of high-octane football that Anfield fed off, but your downturn in form looks more to do with out-of-sorts players just failing to do the basics right. Thiago doesn't really fit, you've had to rejig the likes of Fabinho and Henderson to account for injuries, your talismen look bereft of ideas etc. That brand of football was always going to take its toll. The team looks like it needs refreshing and some new ideas, it's reached the end of its life cycle.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool's home form surely can't be attributed to the fans in the stadium, or lack thereof.
Can't be solely attributed to fans in attendance no, because indeed we've just not been good enough, but I do think it's a contributing factor to the 3 straight losses / no wins in five.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Really is a knobb.
We’ve been saying for a long time that the press will eventually turn on him because he’s an arsehole. It’s easy to be charming when your club is flying and even then he could be incredibly arrogant and uncouth. It’s no surprise he’s going the Mourinho route now he‘s hit some tough times and expectations are much higher.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He’s a twat. What’s wrong with that question?

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
As is normal in football, people are as quick to write good teams off as they are to shower them with accolades. Liverpool have got very good players but have been the sum of their parts in the past few seasons. Missing good players does sometimes make a huge difference to team cohesion. Not only is the defence weakened by losing VVD and the other first choice defenders but the midfield is weakened by Henderson and Fabinho in their place. Which, in turn, leads to the attack being blunted by not having their usual midfield behind them. Everything is out of sync for them at the moment. Add in to the mix the fact that their bench isn't really chipping in with goals and assists like it used to, Firmino going off the boil in a major way, teams negating their fullbacks by packing the box with tall defenders and an Anfield not packed with 45,000 scousers screaming for a handball every 30 seconds, and you have a bit of a perfect storm.

But, you know, when you walk through a storm, hold your head up high, so you can see Man United pulling away from you :lol:

Ladron de redcafe

Morose, there. He must be frustrated but he's got to stay measured. Snapping at reporters for innocuous questions doesn't reflect well on him.

Hoof the ball

3 losses in a row at home and no wins in last 5 league games at Anfield. Unreal change from how how good they were at home in last 2-3 years.
Remember Invincibles Arsenal during the unbeaten run and what happened afterwards?

I said it right after Liverpool's first home loss. I said that their psychological advantage was gone and that they'd go the way of the Invincibles.

Thus far I was bang on.

Habs

Really is a knobb.
No need for that really.

But I do think the media guys seem to ask the same pointless questions again and again, surely they could ask something more interesting rather than the questions where the answer is obvious.

M16Red

No need for that really.

But I do think the media guys seem to ask the same pointless questions again and again, surely they could ask something more interesting rather than the questions where the answer is obvious.
Yeah, but that's he's job. Why couldnt he just say "we've lost this game, but we move on to the next, we are in the top four"

Going on the defensive and making it personal to that reporter isnt helping himself or defusing the fallout.

Maybe he's going for the they all against us path - but they (Liverpool) have been playing that card for so long it's a deck full of them.

I think hes been lucky not to get a red on the sidelines really, because he doesn't stop shouting at refs - if he came up to me in the street shouting at me like that, I'd punch him the face.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
It surely can't be a coincidence that he's been at two clubs now who have dominated their respective league despite starting as an outsider, got to a CL final with each (winning with Liverpool) but then hitting a massive drop 4-5 years into the job. He builds a drilled and intense pattern of play but it squeezes every ounce of energy out of players, physically and mentally.
In before Bundesliga "followers" prove you that this is a myth!

Heinzesight

Really is a knobb.
Such an arsehole. And the Liverpool fans lap him up because he wears Beatles T-shirts and is a zany, crazy fecker who swears in press conferences. He’s a sore loser, look-at-me, heavy metal prick who spits his dummy out when things don’t go his way. Tit.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location

ASAP? When do you think that will be then? It's quite likely that it will go down to the wire again with any of 3 or 4 teams up for 3rd and 4th (and maybe 2nd too). You should be worrying about not slipping too far behind over the next month or so, actually.

Also, I see you are already, along with the majority of RAWK, on the next year will be our year trail. You are more likely to regress next year, with an aging squad, unless you invest heavily in reinforcements in the summer and I don't think any (normal) team will be able to invest heavily this summer. Also, I think it was mentioned earlier, that Klopp doesn't have it in him to rebuild a squad.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
ASAP? When do you think that will be then? It's quite likely that it will go down to the wire again with any of 3 or 4 teams up for 3rd and 4th (and maybe 2nd too). You should be worrying about not slipping too far behind over the next month or so, actually.

Also, I see you are already, along with the majority of RAWK, on the next year will be our year trail. You are more likely to regress next year, with an aging squad, unless you invest heavily in reinforcements in the summer and I don't think any (normal) team will be able to invest heavily this summer. Also, I think it was mentioned earlier, that Klopp doesn't have it in him to rebuild a squad.
Bore off Colin. ASAP means literally what it says - as soon as possible. And no I don't think that'll be anytime soon.

And I merely said that I want us to focus on next year because this year is lost in the league. I did not say that next year will be our year, but nice try to change my words.

cyberman

If home advantage was gone you wouldn't have such a piss poor away record

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Bore off Colin. ASAP means literally what it says - as soon as possible. And no I don't think that'll be anytime soon.

And I merely said that I want us to focus on next year because this year is lost in the league. I did not say that next year will be our year, but nice try to change my words.
Dear oh dear, is the pressure getting to you then?

You write ASAP like it's a foregone conclusion, you think that it's just a matter of time then, presumably?

Edit: Just clocked your tag line, figures.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Dear oh dear, is the pressure getting to you then?

You write ASAP like it's a foregone conclusion, you think that it's just a matter of time then, presumably?
Which pressure? :lol: You just asked a stupid question.

It's anything but a foregone conclusion. Read it how I wrote it: I hope we secure top 4 ASAP.

stevoc

Even though the best CB in the world is injured, they still had the best GK in the world, the best RB and LB in the world, the best DM in the world albeit playing as CB, the most marvellous midfielder in the world who hits the ball oh ever so differently than other mere mortals, as well as the most feared attacking trident in the world. With so many best players in the world, how are they struggling so much?
Its because there's no fans in the ground apparently. The Liverpool players have a deep almost symbiotic relationship with the greatest fans in the history of football. And they are missing the famous Anfield roar (high pitched sqeal).

Between that and the worst injury crisis in the history of football (3 players) its actually a testament to how great they are that they're still in the top 4.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
Well it hasn’t been a good year for Klopp. We haven’t been the same since covid hit and if we never would have gotten Jota in at the beginning of the season it could be worse. All that aside what an oppurtunity for lesser sides to have a shot at the title. I figure supporters of united must be rooting for Klopp this weekend against City since confidence is so high about winning the title.
Were your fingers cold when you typed this?

stevoc

Really is a knobb.
If Jurgen had prepared better for this season by getting his squad right then his team wouldn't be struggling so much just because they're missing 2-3 players.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
He is a fantastic manager who can make average players believe they are world beaters.....and it works. Confidence is huge in football. Now they are getting bored of each other. The owners are fairly stingy and things will go south for them now. Would not be suprised if Klopp moves on after this season. He would have been amazing as a Utd manager...such a natural orator and motivator.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He is a fantastic manager who can make average players believe they are world beaters.....and it works. Confidence is huge in football. Now they are getting bored of each other. The owners are fairly stingy and things will go south for them now. Would not be suprised if Klopp moves on after this season. He would have been amazing as a Utd manager...such a natural orator and motivator.
I know it’s hard to look past his success at Liverpool and his style of play at their best (which was better than the style of play at their peak) but I’m genuinely glad he has no involvement at this club. The guy is an absolute tool and I think as he grows older and wearier he’s going to be more and more like Mourinho.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
The interviewer prepared for his job perfectly well. He got the footage anyone in his position would want.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
I know it’s hard to look past his success at Liverpool and his style of play at their best (which was better than the style of play at their peak) but I’m genuinely glad he has no involvement at this club. The guy is an absolute tool and I think as he grows older and wearier he’s going to be more and more like Mourinho.
He is nothing like Mourinho. His philosophy is different also he is not such an adulterous eye gouging little twat as Mourinho either.

romufc

Is it me or is this Liverpool injury crisis being overplayed to drive a narrative?

VVD and Gomez are injured, okay that is understandable you miss them.

Then they say Matip is injured but that's like Manutd fans complaining Bailly is always injured. Their response is he is injury prone. Well shouldn't Liverpool have known? going into a season with only 2 CB to chose from? Was it a bit of arrogance from them?

In a condensed season, going into a season with 2 reliable CB's? even on the best of seasons, that is a stretch.

Other than that, they have missed Jota, 1 player.

They have had Robbo, Trent, Fabs, Henderson, Gini, Mane, Salah, Bobby, Allison all fit for alot of the season which is 9 of their best 11. They added Thiago who is meant to take them to another level, also Cirtis Jones.

This Injury narrative is a distraction from the fact that their players have dropped of and the manager is finding it difficult to adapt.

hubbuh

Is it me or is this Liverpool injury crisis being overplayed to drive a narrative?

Then they say Matip is injured but that's like Manutd fans complaining Bailly is always injured. Their response is he is injury prone. Well shouldn't Liverpool have known? going into a season with only 2 CB to chose from? Was it a bit of arrogance from them?

In a condensed season, going into a season with 2 reliable CB's? even on the best of seasons, that is a stretch.

They have had Robbo, Trent, Fabs, Henderson, Gini, Mane, Salah, Bobby, Allison all fit for alot of the season which is 9 of their best 11. They added Thiago who is meant to take them to another level, also Cirtis Jones.

This Injury narrative is a distraction from the fact that their players have dropped of and the manager is finding it difficult to adapt.
I've just checked the numbers, Matip only played 11 games for them all season last year. He had a knee injury for a couple of months in October but wasn't even in the squad for the last part of their campaign! Strange.

Josh 76

This is what Mourihno was saying.
VVD is the biggest miss. Had he not been injured, the others wouldn't even be noticed.

The main thing is most of their players are hitting 30. Bad form and fatigue are the main factors for this slump

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

You're actually downplaying their agenda regarding Gomez. 134 games missed is 5 years. Guy is a sick note.

Gomez and Matip are basically Bailly and Jones. To mention any of those four players to raise an 'injury crisis' argument is genuinely idiotic.

romufc

This is what Mourihno was saying.
VVD is the biggest miss. Had he not been injured, the others wouldn't even be noticed.

The main thing is most of their players are hitting 30. Bad form and fatigue are the main factors for this slump
Yep, they have been signs of this since Feb last year when they lost to Watford. They won the league by a canter which masked everything.

Won the league by such points yet did not really compete in the league cup, FA cup or CL. Post lockdown they looked poor but they put it down to no motivation.

They started this season with their best 11, they got hammered by VIlla with VVD in the team.

romufc

You're actually downplaying their agenda regarding Gomez. 134 games missed is 5 years. Guy is a sick note.

Gomez and Matip are basically Bailly and Jones. To mention any of those four players to raise an 'injury crisis' argument is genuinely idiotic.
Exactly, if we went into a season with Maguire, Bailly and Jones as our only fit CB, everyone would be having a go at the club and manager.

Klopp has been given the easiest ride yet he is breaking in the media.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!

Victim mentality, as usual.

Don't worry, they'll soon have secured top 4.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Oh no they have three centre backs injured, crikey, get over it? They just had an entire window where they could have signed a cheap back up. No one to blame but themselves.