Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
So he knows the reporter is only allowed 2 questions & because he doesn’t like one instead of giving a generic answer he berated the guy. . .

If he managed United he’d be slaughtered for the way he handles the media after a defeat.

SAF could be salty but feck me he’s unbearable.
I think the funny thing is people acting like it’s a new thing, he’s done that throughout his entire career. Also managers are human, we’ve had a horror season and just been unceremoniously dumped out of the title race ( or whatever slim chance we had) and it looks a battle to make top 4.

Judas

Open to offers
The British media will turn on him eventually if he starts to be a bit of a shitter towards them, especially if it's towards any of the more "respected" ones. They're happy to be friends with a manager when they're getting treated well, but once a manager is a twat to one of them, they're quick to gang up.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I think the funny thing is people acting like it’s a new thing, he’s done that throughout his entire career. Also managers are human, we’ve had a horror season and just been unceremoniously dumped out of the title race ( or whatever slim chance we had) and it looks a battle to make top 4.
Is it? I'm sure he got plenty of criticism for acting weird in media from long time back. Back then replies was "He was exactly same in Bundesliga, Caf didn't say anything bad about him when he was Dortmund manager", as if ManUtd fans are going to listen what every manager at every club in different league says..

Gazza

It's a really stupid question to be honest.

Klopp can be a bit more diplomatic but we really let the media off with the juvenile idiotic questions that offer no insight into anything
100%

Honestly, I have never seen a bigger disconnect between what a person's job theoretically should be - i.e. a reporter being able to ask a meaningful question - and how it is actually practiced in the case of football reporters.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
What was this?
2018-19 season, we had so many injuries and we also made all 3 subs within the first half because of injuries. Rashford was also injured but he still continued to play. Game ended 0-0 and Klopp blamed our injuries for them not scoring the goal.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
100%

Honestly, I have never seen a bigger disconnect between what a person's job theoretically should be - i.e. a reporter being able to ask a meaningful question - and how it is actually practiced in the case of football reporters.
What's a meaningful question? The layman doesn't want to know if the switch from 462511 to 5625471 did any good. They want to know whether Liverpool can still win it etc

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
2018-19 season, we had so many injuries and we also made all 3 subs within the first half because of injuries. Rashford was also injured but he still continued to play. Game ended 0-0 and Klopp blamed our injuries for them not scoring the goal.
Velveeta Teeth is something else.

AFC NimbleThumb

This isn’t recency bias for me.

The meme that does the rounds of him frothing at the mouth in Champions League springs to mind, for instance.

He’s one hell of a manager but the love in for winning the league was stomach churning; I honestly don’t think he gets away with that crap for over half a decade at United.

Gazza

What's a meaningful question? The layman doesn't want to know if the switch from 462511 to 5625471 did any good. They want to know whether Liverpool can still win it etc
Fair enough, not sure how anyone measures what “the layman” wants really but I’d love a question that diverges from that framework myself.

dasty

This is a manager that bashed on West Brom a couple of seasons ago for having the audacity to take 2 points off them. The fact that this fecking knobhead gets so much plaudits from the media for being a gentleman (ugh) shows how fecking biased the media is.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Fair enough, not sure how anyone measures what “the layman” wants really but I’d love a question that diverges from that framework myself.
I'm sure we would. But mainstream TV/music/news will always look at what interests the masses. And I think they'd want Pep /SAF/Klopp when he's trailing to be asked that question more than something more nuanced. I just don't think managers should display the arrogance, self importance and downright cuntishness that Klopp is on his interviews. These journalists may not be asking clever questions but you aren't a novice in the industry to not be able to understand why these standard questions are asked. Moreover, you never had an issue with generic and cliched questions when you were winning. It's just that these ones sting and that's why it annoys him. Tough luck I say.

RedDevil@84

Hope he gets snarkier and the media finally stops licking his boot and starts criticizing him as they do with other managers. When Pool started losing and dropping points, media started coming up with excuses for him. Oh poor Klopp its covid, oh poor Klopp way too many games.. oh poor Klopp too much rest.. oh poor Klopp players not wanting it enough.. oh poor Klopp, VAR tricked him.. oh poor Klopp, players are not sharp enough.. ohh poor Klopp has so many injuries.. ohh poor Klopp has been refused the defender.. ohh he got the defenders on the last day of the window.. blah blah

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
The layman is an idiot (relatively speaking). And the press shouldn't pander to idiots.

Seriously, in order for Liverpool to win it, they need to better their form from last year and hope something insane happens to City's form. Of course they can't win it. And that's not something that needs confirmation from the manager. Especially when you have only 2 questions to ask.

Galeano

Supports
Chelsea
There are people we sympathize with more than others, that fake smile as white as hypocritical is one of a person who has succeeded but would not sit at my table.

And the arrogance that he has was also spread to several of his players from the moment they started to win.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
The layman is an idiot (relatively speaking). And the press shouldn't pander to idiots.

Seriously, in order for Liverpool to win it, they need to better their form from last year and hope something insane happens to City's form. Of course they can't win it. And that's not something that needs confirmation from the manager. Especially when you have only 2 questions to ask.
It’s pretty simple: ask the manager does he still think they can win the league. It’s a loaded question but every question is for managers these days, he just has to say yes, no or duck it. He went attack mode.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
It’s pretty simple: ask the manager does he still think they can win the league. It’s a loaded question but every question is for managers these days, he just has to say yes, no or duck it. He went attack mode.
Him going attack mode made him seem like a dick, agreed.

It was also a really stupid question so I don't mind it as much.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Klopp is a cnut and shows his true colours every post game interview when Pool drop points. The media will turn on him soon enough. Dreadful title defence.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
That's heart-breaking.
Went to a recent funeral and it was recorded live/Zoomed for people unable to come due to the pandemic.

Trezeguet17

She already passed away on 19th January.
This also explains his moody behaviour lately in interviews.
It must be terrible to miss the funeral of his own mother
RIP

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Absolutely awful. Hope he and the family are as OK as they can be right now.

mav_9me

Wouldn't a funeral be an exception to traveling restrictions? That's terrible if it's not.

SwedishFish

Feels like the media are turning a bit on Klopp, was watching last nights game on ESPN and the co-commentator (don't remember who it was exactly) had a long-ish rant about how he's been outed as a sore loser all season and gone from being the happy-go-lucky man he's been before.

You have to wonder if he's really in it for the long term at Liverpool at this point, he just doesn't seem like he wants to be there at all.

Also RIP to his mother, terrible thing to not be able to be there for her funeral.