Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Giggsy13

He sounds and looks crestfallen in those post-match interviews. Think he's drained or broken now.
It’s been said many times before but the amount of energy required to play his style of football without having the squad of city is now taking its toll on him and the squad. Just hope they don’t completely fall out of the euro spots and that they have to settle for Thursday nights.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Klopp's comments on Alisson's howler:

“It was clear last week that it would happen one day, I didn’t think it would happen the next week immediately.

That's as damning as it gets if you ask me.

He's feeling the pressure.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
He had to push a small squad to the very limit to compete with an overpowered City, and I think he did amazingly well to wrestle the league off them and win a CL

He has run them ragged though and they look physically and mentally drained. Having achieved their objectives, motivation is gone too and it’s probably time for a refresh.

How they do that, with the current financial climate, is anyone’s guess.

It feels amazing to see them get beaten so regularly now. It’s a massive relief!

Jonno

He's terrible at dealing with the media. Only Mourinho is worse.
I feel his regular meltdowns when he speaks to the media after defeats or even draws, invite extra pressure on his team. I'm convinced the run of form wouldn't be as bad if he deflected the issues away a little more. Maybe avoided talking about injuries and referee decisions and focused more on the positive aspects.

The players will be running round, thinking about the negativity when something goes wrong and it can have negative results on the pitch.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Certainly feel sorry for his personal situation, which will definitely have hugely affected him recently, but even accounting for that he seems a big shot away, even before that.

Depends if they snap out of this, as if they go out of Europe and fail to even hit top 4, he's got a real problem.

While I think Liverpool people overplay their injuries a bit, and it's not just down to those, they have had a hell of a time at centre back. Big man out, and then the two partners both out too. And then the stand in out. And 16 combos at centre back?! Including putting players there that are key men in midfield?

That'd ruck any team up.

redNATION

He had to push a small squad to the very limit to compete with an overpowered City, and I think he did amazingly well to wrestle the league off them and win a CL

He has run them ragged though and they look physically and mentally drained. Having achieved their objectives, motivation is gone too and it’s probably time for a refresh.

How they do that, with the current financial climate, is anyone’s guess.

It feels amazing to see them get beaten so regularly now. It’s a massive relief!
I thought this was coming when they won the title last year, they have performed so well for 3 years running that is been anomalous especially with some of the players they have. A lot of the success has been buying the right players with the Coutinho money but its not like there's clubs out there now willing to throw £140m at any player, not least any liverpool player. There's also the good fortune of new players fitting straight in and performing - we at Utd know how bad transfers can be if you get them wrong (di maria, falcao, many others post-Fergie), that hot streak doesnt last.

The other issue is that players are approaching the 30 mark, which is when you have to start thinking about potential replacements (though not necessarily immediately as 30 isnt 'old'), and some players are also due contract renewals. Two issues here - they will now see how Utd feel when every player's fee is inflated as soon as they are interested (no more Salah/Mane type bargains out there), and players will demand ever higher wages (if you're Salah or Mane, why should Pogba earn 50%+ more than you?).

Last edited:

Fitchett

I feel his regular meltdowns when he speaks to the media after defeats or even draws, invite extra pressure on his team. I'm convinced the run of form wouldn't be as bad if he deflected the issues away a little more. Maybe avoided talking about injuries and referee decisions and focused more on the positive aspects.

The players will be running round, thinking about the negativity when something goes wrong and it can have negative results on the pitch.
Yes, exactly the same as Arsene Wenger managing to turn his team of league champions into the lesser lights they have been for years. Constant whingeing provides your team with an excuse not to fight and hide behind "we wuz robbed" mentality. Plus Klopp has ran his players into the ground and doesn't have the squad depth to rotate effectively.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Moaning about an onside goal. The guy has no sense of sportsmanship at all.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Since beating Palace 7-0 before Christmas they have taken 9 points from 10 games and scored just 9 goals in those 10 games.

They could end the weekend behind David Moyes.

This is wonderful.

always_hoping

Liverpools inconsistency has been going on a while now. Actually since the first A Madrid game. Last 15 games of 2020 season they drew two and lost 6. So there is bigger problem than just players missing through injury..

SirAF

Ageist
Since beating Palace 7-0 before Christmas they have taken 9 points from 10 games and scored just 9 goals in those 10 games.

They could end the weekend behind David Moyes.

This is wonderful.
That’s disgraceful from defending champions.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Liverpools inconsistency has been going on a while now. Actually since the first A Madrid game. Last 15 games of 2020 season they drew two and lost 6. So there is bigger problem than just players missing through injury..
Correct, but let’s not scream it from the rooftop. Let them figure that out for themselves. Their victim complex ensures it’s always someone else’s fault and Liverpool Football Club couldn’t possibly be responsible for their current predicament.

It’ll be sweet seeing the Scouse propagandists slowly come to this realisation over the next few weeks should their malaise continue apace. :drool:

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Certainly feel sorry for his personal situation, which will definitely have hugely affected him recently, but even accounting for that he seems a big shot away, even before that.

Depends if they snap out of this, as if they go out of Europe and fail to even hit top 4, he's got a real problem.

While I think Liverpool people overplay their injuries a bit, and it's not just down to those, they have had a hell of a time at centre back. Big man out, and then the two partners both out too. And then the stand in out. And 16 combos at centre back?! Including putting players there that are key men in midfield?

That'd ruck any team up.
It's been mentioned before but it bears repeating. They went into the season with three senior centre backs: van Dijk, Matip and Gomez. The latter two have been quite injury prone in their time at Liverpool. It's on them that they gambled that they wouldn't be injury prone this season.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's been mentioned before but it bears repeating. They went into the season with three senior centre backs: van Dijk, Matip and Gomez. The latter two have been quite injury prone in their time at Liverpool. It's on them that they gambled that they wouldn't be injury prone this season.
The only luck they've had in defence is that Fabinho is probably just as good as either Matip or Gomez there.

Otherwise it's like those seasons we had awful winters of 4 centre backs all injured at the same time and ended up with Carrick/Fletcher as combos back there.

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
It’s been said many times before but the amount of energy required to play his style of football without having the squad of city is now taking its toll on him and the squad. Just hope they don’t completely fall out of the euro spots and that they have to settle for Thursday nights.
It will be interesting to see what they do in the Summer. Badly they need to start bringing in some younger and hungrier players as the squad has been together for a few years now and needs competition not to let the standards drop.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Liverpool don't have any first choice CB and Klopp lost his mother recently.

VVD in particular always going to be huge loss to the team.

Hardly surprising they look awful last few games.

Jev

Are people calling that interview a meltdown? Think he was quite sensible considering how frustrated he must have been.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
It will be interesting to see what they do in the Summer. Badly they need to start bringing in some younger and hungrier players as the squad has been together for a few years now and needs competition not to let the standards drop.
They will struggle to buy enough quality in the summer to get a resurgence. They aren't exactly rich enough to bring in enough to keep them challenging, and with Covid impacting income and the possibility of no CL football, how do they afford to buy enough to keep them challenging? Their best players are all almost 30 as well. They would need to sell a good player for a lot of money but they need to keep their best players. I really do think Liverpool are fecked. They got lucky, with the hiring of Klopp and Barca being fools by spending a ridiculous fee on Coutinho.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Liverpool don't have any first choice CB and Klopp lost his mother recently.

VVD in particular always going to be huge loss to the team.

Hardly surprising they look awful last few games.
The signs were there long before both of these things though. Villa smashed them 7-2 with VVD and Gomez both in the side.

Judas

Open to offers
Yeah it's sad what happened to Klopp with his mum, wouldn't wish that sort of thing on anyone, but for that to be used as a reason for this Liverpool mess is daft, they've been in shambles for ages.

acnumber9

Did he just say that the onside/offside for their equaliser would've been offside if he'd touched it? I mean, it would've been irrelevant because he was onside anyway. Does he know how the offside rule works?
I think he was referring to when they froze it and it being before Maddison kicked it. Doesn’t make any sense any other way.

acnumber9

Performances haven’t been all that going back as far as early last season. They were just winning constantly so the actual performances are forgotten. It wasn’t sustainable and it had begun to catch up on them before the first lockdown.

Josh 76

As much as I love seeing Liverpool lose, I do feel for Klopp with what he has been (and is) going through with the loss of his mom. Just terrible.
I understand what you are saying. But people lose their parents all the time and have to go to work.

The love for Klopp on this forum is madness. If Ole had lost his mum, this wouldn't even be mentioned on Rawk.

Let's stick to football.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Think this is the end of them as legue contenders for a while now.

They've been average/shite for a long time now. Players seemed gassed and many of their key players are getting at that age where they start to decline

Does Klopp (with everything thats happened) have it in him to rebuild them? I dont think so

Inter Yer Nan

They've been average/shite for a long time now. Players seemed gassed and many of their key players are getting at that age where they start to decline

Does Klopp (with everything thats happened) have it in him to rebuild them? I dont think so
I hope you're right. I can see it. It's tough to build a team capable of winning the league, especially to win it twice. With City's billions and having Pep there especially. I don't doubt that some Liverpool players have probably peaked in that particular system and there seems to be some similarities to his tenure at Dortmund when it went tits up at the end. It's natural that hunger can go away 5-10% and that's a lot, especially if it infects 3-4 key performers. They spent a lot of money and got most transfers spot on for a few windows. Will they invest as heavily again, and get them all spot on again? That's asking a lot. Especially as Chelsea seem to be moving in the right direction with a new manager, we seem to be getting things right again, and in general, the league does appear to be getting more competitive again.

Van Dijk is a big loss, and who even knows if he'll come back the same player? Bringing Thiago in suggested he was trying to tweak their style somewhat, but it takes more than one player and one or two transfer windows usually.

tjb

Klopp doesn't plan on staying there too long Once they drop, I think he'll find his way out. Who knows, after Low messes up this summer, the national team job may e open.

Foxbatt

Why was he complaining about the first goal? It certainly was not offside. The same VAR also denied Liverpool conceding the penalty and rightly so.