Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

VivaRonaldo85

If the shoe was on the other foot and we had lost 6 home games on the trot but had won the CL and PL in the previous two seasons, I’m trying to think what I would make of the manager’s position. You’d have to stick with him surely still but it would get you thinking particularly after what happened at Dortmund. It must be so baffling for their fans. Absolutely fantastic to see for me to be fair ha!

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
If the shoe was on the other foot and we had lost 6 home games on the trot but had won the CL and PL in the previous two seasons, I’m trying to think what I would make of the manager’s position. You’d have to stick with him surely still but it would get you thinking particularly after what happened at Dortmund. It must be so baffling for their fans. Absolutely fantastic to see for me to be fair ha!
Liverpool would be silly to get rid at this point. I can't help but wonder what it would take for Klopp to walk though.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
How many seasons not winning something do you think he'll last?
This year is a freebie due to the last two years, and he can use the injuries/covid/asthma treatments having to be eased down as reasons, but another poor season next year?
Stevie will be getting tapped up.
If this carries on similar to Rodgers in 2014-15 where he should have left that summer in to the october/November then I think we'll start to hear noise and calls for him to go if it gets ugly around the internationals. I wouldn't want that at all and I hope he does turn it around for next season. If he manages to ride it out though Christmas and has us in contention for the Champions league places, then I assume it will come down to getting us back in the champions league. If he doesn't then he could leave but it's taking in account who else is available at the time.

I've already come to terms this league campaign is a write off weeks ago and don't see us finishing in any of the european places at all now. I'm not happy without european football at all like some of our fans are, but I expect a title challenge like we did in 13-14' or Chelsea's 16-17' with the breaks and expect Klopp to take the domestic cups more seriously if that's going to be the case.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
it’s ridiculous people can’t see that a CL and a first league win in 30 years means he’s got a big amount of credit in the bank.

it’s the problem with Twitter and forums.
Agree completely. Regardless of where we finish now he deserves a chance to fix this next season. I’d start with selling Firmino and one of Salah or Mane and refreshing the front three.

I am thinking that he might walk at the end of the season if this carries on though.

redNATION

Agree completely. Regardless of where we finish now he deserves a chance to fix this next season. I’d start with selling Firmino and one of Salah or Mane and refreshing the front three.

I am thinking that he might walk at the end of the season if this carries on though.
Real, Barca and Juve could all be looking for a new manager, I know he doesn’t speak the language but those are 3 huge clubs that any manager would love to try and succeed at, he could be tempted.

Jam

Real, Barca and Juve could all be looking for a new manager, I know he doesn’t speak the language but those are 3 huge clubs that any manager would love to try and succeed at, he could be tempted.
Wasn’t their talk of the National job?

*If*, and that’s a big if, he leaves Liverpool I can see him talking the summer off and taking the National job in the autumn for a few years.

He seems someone who throws himself into his work with every fibre so perhaps a more part-time occupation, based in Germany, would suit him for a while and then he could return to the club game later.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
That’s damming when you consider how we dominated games and how attacking we were during that period whereas Liverpool spent years around midtable and had numerous defensive managers.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
That’s damming when you consider how we dominated games and how attacking we were during that period whereas Liverpool spent years around midtable and had numerous defensive managers.
Before VAR we were legitimately getting shafted while everyone moaned that the ref's were on the payroll of fergie.

Paula

Supports
Bayern
This is the best thread in the whole caf right now. :D

BrownRecluse

Supports
Liverpool
Rough day to be a Liverpool fan. United beats City and we lose to Fulham. The weather is even nice today

el3mel

I would get rid myself if we were in this position. The success is great and all but some times you have to understand when to move on even from a successful manager.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I would get rid myself if we were in this position. The success is great and all but some times you have to understand when to move on even from a successful manager.
Yeah I'm guessing anyone with even the merest smidgen of balance would say the next season after winning the league for the first time in 30 years, in a covid crushed season, when they've had 3 centre backs out with serious injuries, and had 20 combos at centre back, perhaps ISN'T, that time just yet :lol:

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
They wont sack him but I just dont see him sticking around for a rebuilt. I think he will walk.

Djemba-Djemba

It's very damning.

We've won 13 titles in that time to their one and finished ahead of them 23/28 times.

Harold_Giles

If they fail to get CL, will they have money to spend on a rebuild this summer?
Perhaps a rebuild this summer is a bit premature, but this squad sure looks like needing some refreshing.

Djemba-Djemba

You know things are in crisis mode when Klopp stops using stupid and laughable excuses to explain poor results.

He's not mentioned it being too windy or too sunny or the grass being too long for a while now, he just grimly accepts the losses.

Must be worrying for Liverpool fans.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I'm loving this as much as all United fans are. But don't forget that football existed before the Premier League. The worst defending champions has to be Manchester City, who were relegated the season after they won the title in 1937.
Aye defending champions who were relegated despite scoring the most goals of any team in the divison. Imagine being relegated in a season where you score 80 goals and finish with a +3 goal difference. Only City...

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Aye defending champions who were relegated despite scoring the most goals of any team in the divison. Imagine being relegated in a season where you score 80 goals and finish with a +3 goal difference. Only City...
I’m struggling to even wrap my head around that :lol:

Green_Red

Is everyone in agreement that Ole broke Klopp by chasing Liverpool off the top of the Premier League in January?

padr81

Supports
Man City
I’m struggling to even wrap my head around that :lol:
By all accounts it was an insane season (not that I was alive for it) but there was 16 points between 1st and relegated City in 21st. Wolves almost won the title from injecting monkey balls and Aston Villa flipped off a stadium of Nazi's in Germany

Gasolin

If this carries on similar to Rodgers in 2014-15 where he should have left that summer in to the october/November then I think we'll start to hear noise and calls for him to go if it gets ugly around the internationals. I wouldn't want that at all and I hope he does turn it around for next season. If he manages to ride it out though Christmas and has us in contention for the Champions league places, then I assume it will come down to getting us back in the champions league. If he doesn't then he could leave but it's taking in account who else is available at the time.

I've already come to terms this league campaign is a write off weeks ago and don't see us finishing in any of the european places at all now. I'm not happy without european football at all like some of our fans are, but I expect a title challenge like we did in 13-14' or Chelsea's 16-17' with the breaks and expect Klopp to take the domestic cups more seriously if that's going to be the case.
That's why we want you to have the Europa League. It will be glorious to disturb your preparation!

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
That's madness. :lol:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Is everyone in agreement that Ole broke Klopp by chasing Liverpool off the top of the Premier League in January?
Yes but Ole is also the last manager (apart from Klopp) to not win at Anfield. That was two months ago.

SER19

What a terrible decline. How many years did these lunatics undermine and belittle Ferguson. Maybe they'll appreciate how tough it is to keep motivating players now after winning a title.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Since this is an Ole post and I can't ask in the main football forum, is it very likely that Ole is getting a five year contract in the summer as 2nd place is almost sealed?

This is important to me. :angel:

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
For me, the performances are more worrying than the results. Ever since Klopp was hired, there's been a certain never say die attitude in the team, kind of an aura of positivity, and I always felt like we could score. But now, all that passion that the team seemed to have, especially in the last two seasons, has completely disappeared and the players look defeated before the game has even started. The difference is striking. And even though we have been hit hard by injuries, it can't excuse the absolutely gutless performances we've seen over the past months.

Klopp has earned the right to try and get it right, but I have this nagging feeling that he himself is just about done. I noticed him smiling after the defeat on Saturday, which isn't something I'd normally expect after the sixth home defeat on the bounce.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
For me, the performances are more worrying than the results. Ever since Klopp was hired, there's been a certain never say die attitude in the team, kind of an aura of positivity, and I always felt like we could score. But now, all that passion that the team seemed to have, especially in the last two seasons, has completely disappeared and the players look defeated before the game has even started. The difference is striking. And even though we have been hit hard by injuries, it can't excuse the absolutely gutless performances we've seen over the past months.

Klopp has earned the right to try and get it right, but I have this nagging feeling that he himself is just about done. I noticed him smiling after the defeat on Saturday, which isn't something I'd normally expect after the sixth home defeat on the bounce.
Then you haven't been watching Klopp. When all he does is smile from the touchline then his players are in real trouble. It means he has no more words for them and the trust is gone. It's happened before.

Tony247

Looks like the hunger and intensity is missing.