Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

HerbT

Supports
man city fc
He's a spoofer. Remember he claimed Liverpool would never spend big before buying Allison and van Dijk. He's a paranoid weirdo and his time with Liverpool is coming to an end.
Bulls eye fella!

TheReligion

Abusive
He mentioned Utd positively by taking a dig at the plastic clubs spending I thought. He didn't exclusively single out Utd, he was asked a question on finances (probably) and replied with how Liverpool operate in regards to all other big clubs. Utd are still a big club right?

Edit: he clearly lumped PSG, City and Chelsea in one obvious group. Then Utd in their own group. It was a compliment in the least complimentary way possible - as it should be. :)
Yeah you're right. I saw it as that. He just said he doesn't know how we are doing it but then the revenue we make is pretty phenomenal.

Varun

Staff
Just like the camera which he plays to, this is pandering to the scouse fans. Talk about Utd all day long.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Yeah you're right. I saw it as that. He just said he doesn't know how we are doing it but then the revenue we make is pretty phenomenal.
This too. I don't think he's entirely happy.
Exactly. If anything, I think it's less a dig at United than a bit of exasperation. ('How can they do what we can't? Why can't we?')

TheReligion

Abusive
Exactly. If anything, I think it's less a dig at United than a bit of exasperation. ('How can they do what we can't? Why can't we?')
Totally agree. I am quite happy to have a go at Klopp but there's nothing in this. If anything he's just frustrated at the business we've been able to do (he obviously sees it as good)

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Totally agree. I am quite happy to have a go at Klopp but there's nothing in this. If anything he's just frustrated at the business we've been able to do (he obviously sees it as good)
Aye. As @Dumbstar says, it's kind of a backhanded compliment. He wouldn't care if you had had a shit window.

Also, I still think the question probably was something like 'how do you compare windows; if you look at those four clubs, then what about Liverpool?'.

RedDevil@84

Does the Liverpool PR team ask Klopp to talk about us to keep their fanbase happy or what?
After GW1 when Bruno scores a penalty, he will again have a "Don't know how" moment.

SirAF

Ageist
Did we catch him on a bad day or something? He looks particularly tired, shabby and even a bit depressed. Hell, it even looks like he put on some weight.

It must be tiring to be the hero of football and everything that's honorable in this world.
I though he looked a bit chubby!

As for the point he made - bloody hell, it’s not a mystery! United’s revenue is yuge.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
He seems to be pretty annoyed that Liverpool’s spending is seemingly over. Hes pretty much said as much in recent interviews

what I found funny though was “with our cbs we couldn’t go through another season like last, so we bought konate”

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern

Moaning again. Why mention United at all? Fool.
He is obsessed with us. Everyone connected with that club seems to be.

We sign a young English dude, a third choice keeper on a free, and a world class centre back for next to nothing and he tries grouping us with City, PSG and Chelsea.
They all mention united because its an easy win with their fanbase.
So what was the question he was responding to?
Already talking about us.
Just like the camera which he plays to, this is pandering to the scouse fans. Talk about Utd all day long.
Journalist:
""Jürgen, were you surprised that clubs like Manchester City spent 100m £ on one player this summer? That, obviously we saw, Manchester United spent over a 100m £ on a couple of players, that Chelsea spent nearly 100m £ on a striker, considering we've just come through a pandemic?"

Simply answering the question. I think it's pretty clear who is really obsessed with whom...

Mr Smith

In addition to this, anyone seen Carragher's article on Telegraph today too, especially the bit where we have £50m players in every position and the most expensive first 11 in the league. Ignoring the fact that City obviously has a more expensive 11, what's with Liverpool associates obsession with the amount man utd has spent.
We're a threat again and that's really bothering them; they'll find any reason to have a go at us and it'll only continue if we mount a serious title challenge.

Crustanoid

Journalist:
""Jürgen, were you surprised that clubs like Manchester City spent 100m £ on one player this summer? That, obviously we saw, Manchester United spent over a 100m £ on a couple of players, that Chelsea spent nearly 100m £ on a striker, considering we've just come through a pandemic?"

Simply answering the question. I think it's pretty clear who is really obsessed with whom...
Yep, the journalist

And definitely Juergen for biting to it, and for his numerous interview tantrums over the years.

The journalist knew he’d get a rise instantly

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Anyone know who the journalist is?

Baneofthegame

Journalist:

I just found it odd that he doesn’t understand where our money comes from.

But, fair play to him.

Josh 76

We're a threat again and that's really bothering them; they'll find any reason to have a go at us and it'll only continue if we mount a serious title challenge.
Exactly.
We finished above them last season, and it was supposed to be their period of dominance. The scousers are rattled!

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
It’s weird that journalists don’t ask him why he feels it’s OK to comment on other teams spendings when he broke the world record for both most expensive Goalkeeper and most expensive Defender.

If it was Graham Potter talking I’d say fair enough but he’s spent half a billion as Liverpool manager.

Varun

Staff
I just found it odd that he doesn’t understand where our money comes from.

But, fair play to him.
Yeah, he doesn't know :lol:

They can do what they wanted but we have our own way 'spend the money we earn".

Cool story Jurgen, not pandering to the scouse faithful at all.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
We shouldn’t even have to prove anything to that keyboard teethed rubber Jonny
We don’t, it was an impartial commentator in Whitwell who has laid the facts out. I think he makes a good point though in that perhaps Klopp wasn’t taking a pot shot at United, rather questioning why Liverpool aren’t sanctioning the same sort of spending when our revenues have been similar these last 18 months.

Crustanoid

We don’t, it was an impartial commentator in Whitwell who has laid the facts out. I think he makes a good point though in that perhaps Klopp wasn’t taking a pot shot at United, rather questioning why Liverpool aren’t sanctioning the same sort of spending when our revenues have been similar these last 18 months.
To be honest I didn’t read it. Just wanted to get a cheap shot in at Juergen

LoneStar

I don't think that was a dig at United. More like he knows how oil clubs spend money, but United also seem to be spending, but they somehow aren't.

Seems like a dig at Liverpool's management if anything, and of course, an excuse if they don't do well.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
I don't think that was a dig at United. More like he knows how oil clubs spend money, but United also seem to be spending, but they somehow aren't.

Seems like a dig at Liverpool's management if anything, and of course, an excuse if they don't do well.
That’s how I hear it as well. And it’s fair enough, I think, after 18 months of Covid and empty stadiums, being told that he’s got 30 m he can spend on an injury prone cb, while the other not-funded-by-state-and-or-oil-billionaire top 4 rival can spend 100m on two world class players. I’d be annoyed, too.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Why is he confused about our financial strength? We've only been some 10 times as successful as Liverpool over the last few decades. No that they don't spend. VVD, Keita and Alisson were all huge deals. That they spend less than us is in line with their record over the past two decades.

amolbhatia50k

That’s how I hear it as well. And it’s fair enough, I think, after 18 months of Covid and empty stadiums, being told that he’s got 30 m he can spend on an injury prone cb, while the other not-funded-by-state-and-or-oil-billionaire top 4 rival can spend 100m on two world class players. I’d be annoyed, too.
Well, on the other hand, he has a squad that's recently won the league and CL whilst we are making up the gap to the top teams. Also, the CB you signed has had fitness issues in the past but he's still of of the highly rated young CBs around.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Well, on the other hand, he has a squad that's recently won the league and CL whilst we are making up the gap to the top teams. Also, the CB you signed has had fitness issues in the past but he's still of of the highly rated young CBs around.
He does, and every rival has strengthened significantly and expensively while he’s lost one of his most consistent performers who hasn’t been replaced.

I’m not saying we all of a sudden have a bad team, by the way, just that I understand why this transfer window could annoy him.

amolbhatia50k

He does, and every rival has strengthened significantly and expensively while he’s lost one of his most consistent performers who hasn’t been replaced.

I’m not saying we all of a sudden have a bad team, by the way, just that I understand why this transfer window could annoy him.
Wouldn't you consider Thiago his replacement?

amolbhatia50k

Not really, didn’t think about him tbh, but I get your point.
I do get that every manager wants to spend but I think many are underrating this Liverpool team. On paper it's basically the same team that won two major honours. Jota added, VVD post injury remains to be seen, Wijnaldum-Thiago swapped and a new CB added, but in most areas, the same. Main issue is if you have injuries this year as well, as your strength in depth is not great.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
I do get that every manager wants to spend but I think many are underrating this Liverpool team. On paper it's basically the same team that won two major honours. Jota added, VVD post injury remains to be seen, Wijnaldum-Thiago swapped and a new CB added, but in most areas, the same. Main issue is if you have injuries this year as well, as your strength in depth is not great.
I agree that it’s a great team, absolutely.

Maybe it’s just the muppet in me that’s yearning for an exciting signing :lol:

And then I really think we could’ve done with someone to rotate with Mane and Salah so they don’t have to play every game.

amolbhatia50k

I agree that it’s a great team, absolutely.

Maybe it’s just the muppet in me that’s yearning for an exciting signing :lol:

And then I really think we could’ve done with someone to rotate with Mane and Salah so they don’t have to play every game.
Are you not linked with anyone?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
There are question marks, obviously - What level Mane and Firmino are at being the major one, as well as the fitness of our four primary midfielders.

But even so, there's also plenty of reason to think that we could deliver another top quality season if we aren't facing major injury crises.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
There are question marks, obviously - What level Mane and Firmino are at being the major one, as well as the fitness of our four primary midfielders.

But even so, there's also plenty of reason to think that we could deliver another top quality season if we aren't facing major injury crises.
Everyone seems to be asking how VvD will perform coming back from an injury. But no one is asking how deadly Salah and Mane will be after a proper rest after three years. And after Mane (and Trent) have overcome some sort of long covid last season.