Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
He seems to have found something pretty good with Fabinho and Thiago in midfield together. 16 starts, 15 wins and 1 draw so far for those two in midfield.

He’s also deployed Henderson as a right winger supporting TAA and Salah on that side. It’s given Alexander-Arnold more space to operate in and creates more one on one opportunities for Salah.

Klopp’s developed our style of play a fair bit from late 2015 to now. Even the 19/20 side compared to this one is very different

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
He seems to have found something pretty good with Fabinho and Thiago in midfield together. 16 starts, 15 wins and 1 draw so far for those two in midfield.

He’s also deployed Henderson as a right winger supporting TAA and Salah on that side. It’s given Alexander-Arnold more space to operate in and creates more one on one opportunities for Salah.

Klopp’s developed our style of play a fair bit from late 2015 to now. Even the 19/20 side compared to this one is very different
Awesome. Good manager ain't he.

Josh 76

Think your over analysing it.
You just have great players who are all playing well.

sugar_kane

Has Klopp had botox done or something? He looks like an almost entirely different person nowadays.

Corridor of Uncertainty

So he "doesn't see the massive benefit in halting the season because of covid" :rolleyes: Or is it that he doesn't want the momentum his team has built up to be stopped?

Last edited:

TheReligion

Abusive
So he "doesn't see the massive benefit in halting the season because of covid" - or is it more he doesn't want the momentum his team has built up to be stopped?
Hang on. Thought the Caf were loving Klopp because he was such a great commanding leader, making sure his team were double jabbed. . .

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Hang on. Thought the Caf were loving Klopp because he was such a great commanding leader, making sure his team were double jabbed. . .
Posts like this are weird. The Caf is such a broad range of opinions, it’s so odd when people use the Caf as a collective term as if it has only one opinion on any subject.

TheReligion

Abusive
Posts like this are weird. The Caf is such a broad range of opinions, it’s so odd when people use the Caf as a collective term as if it has only one opinion on any subject.
Thanks for offering a broad opinion on my post in true Caf fashion.

Heritage.

tomaldinho1

So he "doesn't see the massive benefit in halting the season because of covid" :rolleyes: Or is it that he doesn't want the momentum his team has built up to be stopped?
His point is that why stop when it will surely just be the same when they restart. Did you read the article or just go off the headline?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Welcome to modern day "journalism".
What do we do when someone makes a reasonable statement ("I don't see the massive benefit of it [stopping the Premier League] because we come back [and] it is still the same.")?

We only use half of the sentences as a headline and watch all the gullible fans greedily lap it up and get too outraged to look up the second half of the sentence. You might think after years and years of doing this every single day people would get wiser about it. But you'd be wrong.

tomaldinho1

What's his solution, just act like nothing's happening.
Disclaimer: I’m not Jurgen Klopp

Personally I think just do behind closed doors games, we already have an uneccessary extra domestic cup and too many domestic and international games, if we then try to cram them all in at the end of the season (when there’s no guarantee anything is different) it will be all over the shop. Not to mention probably low quality football with half fit players.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea

Yeah there are quite a lot of differences between this side and previous ones. I think the shape is a big one, In part because of how Fabinho and Thiago play, and then as you said having TAA drifting centrally with Henderson giving him a platform. They’re utilising the central column effectively.

Thiago is doing well, I thought he had a couple sloppy moments yesterday, and I do prefer him when he’s next to Fabinho, but he’s making a real difference.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Yeah there are quite a lot of differences between this side and previous ones. I think the shape is a big one, In part because of how Fabinho and Thiago play, and then as you said having TAA drifting centrally with Henderson giving him a platform. They’re utilising the central column effectively.

Thiago is doing well, I thought he had a couple sloppy moments yesterday, and I do prefer him when he’s next to Fabinho, but he’s making a real difference.
Yeah you can see from their record together that Thiago benefits from having Fabinho next to him. When Thiago started playing for us regularly last season, he was playing as a number 6 and struggled with the pace of the Premier League. Once we moved Fabinho into midfield, Thiago was able to focus more on what he was doing on the ball than on it. I think they've played something like 16 games together now with 15 wins and 1 draw.

I thought Thiago was poor last night though. Very sloppy on the ball as you say.

Pickle85

Brilliant manager and seems a pretty decent guy, sadly. Scouse twat though obviously.

Sviken

Hit the jackpot with him... the cnuts. No worries, back to midtable when he leaves

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Klopp doesn’t want the league stopped at the moment.

When Salah and Mane are away on international duty, I’d imagine his opinion will change.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Klopp doesn’t want the league stopped at the moment.

When Salah and Mane are away on international duty, I’d imagine his opinion will change.
He’s definitely got his eye on that.

HailtotheKing

Why should he want it stopped? He’s done things the right way. Not his fault that other teams like us clearly have a bunch of unvaxxed players. Surely that’s a sign of leadership. Can’t just be fluke that his team is filled with players that were happy to have it. Likewise Germany and Spain. This 10 day isolation this for unvaxxed players is going to kill us. I bet Rangnick is delighted. Although not being the cup helps free up some space in January to play Brentford and Brighton hopefully.

Baneofthegame

Why should he want it stopped? He’s done things the right way. Not his fault that other teams like us clearly have a bunch of unvaxxed players. Surely that’s a sign of leadership. Can’t just be fluke that his team is filled with players that were happy to have it. Likewise Germany and Spain. This 10 day isolation this for unvaxxed players is going to kill us. I bet Rangnick is delighted. Although not being the cup helps free up some space in January to play Brentford and Brighton hopefully.
Who are these clearly unvaccinated players? I know people who are double jabbed who have still caught it.

Infact did not VVD/Jones/Fabinho have positive tests?

HailtotheKing

Who are these clearly unvaccinated players? I know people who are double jabbed who have still caught it.

Infact did not VVD/Jones/Fabinho have positive tests?
Yeah, I’m not saying you can only catch it if you’re unvaxxed. I myself just caught it and I’ve been double jabbed. I’m talking about the unvaxxed players having to isolate for 10 days if someone else tests positive for Covid. Take Liverpool for example. 3 players havr Covid. If 6 of their team were unvaxxed, those 6 would have to isolate for 10 days even though they tested negative. They then isolate for 10 days and if when they come back someone else tests positive, they have to isolate again. It’s crazy. And with so many players out it suggests a lot of our players are out because they’re unvaccinated as opposed to actually having COVID. The fact United aren’t being forthcoming about it, suggests that to be the case.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
A ref dared to book him, send off one of his players and didn't give 50/50 decisions in their favour for the first time in years. He'll be seething.

Sigma

Hmm, didn't mention the Salah handball. Odd.
Because the it was the correct decision for the goal to stand.

"The second change is on accidental handball in the immediate build-up to a goal.

If an attacking player’s accidental handball immediately precedes another player scoring, the goal will now be awarded, when last season it was likely to have been ruled out.

However, a player will still be penalised if he commits an accidental handball immediately before scoring himself."

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2204759