Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
How will he fare in his first season? Instant impact making Liverpool serious contenders for top 3 or does he require serious amount of rebuilding? Squad looks awfully fragile when a couple of key players are out so surely this won't be plain sailing for The Normal One?

YouOnlyLiveTwice

I don't think they will finish top 4, Klopp needs time to get the players to know his system also a summer to chop and change the squad, alot of deadwood and no balance is a big problem imo.

Last edited:

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
He won't be able to do much without a transfer window behind him to put his own identity on the team.

I think he will get Liverpool back to top 4 contenders next season and providing all his signings come off right. This season it's a learning curve for him

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
They have a chance for top 4 this season because of how bad Chelsea are doing but they still need a serious rebuild. It'll take about 3 or 4 new signings for the starting 11 before they can compete properly imo.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
By 'Klopp watch' I didn't mean fix a camera on him for 90 minutes and occasionally show glimpses from the on-field action, BT.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
"For Christ's sake, guys, get that camera out of my bed. I'm trying to get some sleep."

NoPace

They pressed well for 15 minutes. Started Sakho over Lovren and threw Can into midfield. So, you could see how they will be better next year once they've signed a couple starters and had some time to get fit and learn how to play the way Klopp wants.

I don't see top 4 this year for them. Seems really unlikely.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
It was the most ridiculous televised football coverage since Gerrard's pantomime testimonial/final league game at Anfield. The picture-in-picture of Klopp reactions, both real-time and replays, was incredibly OTT.

ZDwyr

The media obsession with him is a little strange. He must be sick of having cameras in his face 24/7.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
The media obsession with him is a little strange. He must be sick of having cameras in his face 24/7.
Is the media obsession really that strange considering the numbers of fans on here in love with him?. Maybe the media is just mirroring football fans

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Chelsea will get their act together and finish top 4 easily.

SteveJ

Scout
Another Mail exclusive:

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp ready for full throttle football as he takes another car for a spin ahead of Tottenham clash

Jurgen Klopp pictured giving the thumbs up getting into a Vauxhall Insignia on Wednesday evening

Related stories:
* Harry Kane buys Twix multipack
* Ronaldo poses for selfie with woman made entirely of plastic
* Colleen Rooney takes holiday during holiday
* Adebayor flaunts diamond-encrusted toilet roll on Instagram
Good grief.
*weeps*

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
They pressed well for 15 minutes. Started Sakho over Lovren and threw Can into midfield. So, you could see how they will be better next year once they've signed a couple starters and had some time to get fit and learn how to play the way Klopp wants.

I don't see top 4 this year for them. Seems really unlikely.
Unlikely, perhaps (or perhaps not), but not really unlikely ... assuming that 'really' means 'very'.

Top 4 is shaping to be more open this season than last. Chelsea have made a poor start and I see no good reason to assume that Chelsea are going to improve dramatically from here on. OK, they won yesterday, but that was at home to probably one of the three weakest teams in the league.

I also see no good reason to assume that Chelsea - currently 2 points below Liverpool despite having a much easier fixture list so far - are bound to improve more than Liverpool under Klopp.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
Unlikely, perhaps (or perhaps not), but not really unlikely ... assuming that 'really' means 'very'.

Top 4 is shaping to be more open this season than last. Chelsea have made a poor start and I see no good reason to assume that Chelsea are going to improve dramatically from here on. OK, they won yesterday, but that was at home to probably one of the three weakest teams in the league.

I also see no good reason to assume that Chelsea - currently 2 points below Liverpool despite having a much easier fixture list so far - are bound to improve more than Liverpool under Klopp.
Chelsea have much, much better players it is as simple as that.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Chelsea have much, much better players it is as simple as that.
It's really not 'as simple as that'. For starters, these better players have not shown so far this season that they are better, despite having a comparatively easier fixture list. Then there's Chelsea's unhappy squad atmosphere to consider, compared to a Liverpool squad that is undoubtedly uplifted and reinvigorated by Klopp's arrival. From here on I'd expect Liverpool's performances to improve by at least as much as Chelsea's ... if indeed Chelsea's performances improve at all.

I'm not saying that one of the top 4 places is simply between Liverpool and Chelsea - there are other contenders. I am saying that Chelsea are very far from being nailed on to finish in the top 4.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

just realised that. Just shows how bad Chelsea's start has been.

NoPace

It's really not 'as simple as that'. For starters, these better players have not shown so far this season that they are better, despite having a comparatively easier fixture list. Then there's Chelsea's unhappy squad atmosphere to consider, compared to a Liverpool squad that is undoubtedly uplifted and reinvigorated by Klopp's arrival. From here on I'd expect Liverpool's performances to improve by at least as much as Chelsea's ... if indeed Chelsea's performances improve at all.

I'm not saying that one of the top 4 places is simply between Liverpool and Chelsea - there are other contenders. I am saying that Chelsea are very far from being nailed on to finish in the top 4.
It would be pretty fecking shocking if a Mourinho side with the quality they have finishes outside the top 4. Only finished outside the top 2 once in 12 years, and they finished 3rd that year. He did finish 7th his first year at a small club in Portugal, but that was seen as a success.

Their squad is still pretty strong, too. 9-10 very good players starting most weeks, and also Ramires and a non-Azpilicueta fullback.

Chelsea are only what, 3 back of Spurs and 2 of Liverpool? I think they'll be top 4 by Christmas, never mind May.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
It would be pretty fecking shocking if a Mourinho side with the quality they have finishes outside the top 4. Only finished outside the top 2 once in 12 years, and they finished 3rd that year. He did finish 7th his first year at a small club in Portugal, but that was seen as a success.

Their squad is still pretty strong, too. 9-10 very good players starting most weeks, and also Ramires and a non-Azpilicueta fullback.

Chelsea are only what, 3 back of Spurs and 2 of Liverpool? I think they'll be top 4 by Christmas, never mind May.
"Shocking" things happen quite often, including when Chelsea dropped out of the top 4 in 2011-12. It was also considered shocking when Liverpool dropped out of the top 4 in 2009-10 (and stopped being top 4 regulars thereafter), and the same for Man. Utd the season before last.

Chelsea had it easy last season, but the league is much more competitive this time around, not least because many more clubs have access to money due the increased TV revenues. And so last season led to their squad being over-rated, but now their frailties are being exposed, especially in defence: 17 goals conceded already - only 3 Prem clubs have let in more and 2 of them are in the relegation zone.

I doubt that Chelsea will be in the top 4 by Christmas ... and they'll have a fight on their hands to do it by May.

clarkydaz

Silly observation maybe, but the tune selection at Anfield pre match seems to be classic rock. Heavy metal football to follow?

SteveJ

Scout
Bet they're dying to boo the CL anthem.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
I assume Liverpool out-ran their (10 man) opponents?

Because apparently that's what really counts.

Robbie Boy

I don't get the love for him. I can't stand him. I've never liked him but he is seriously coming across as an egotistical prick. Not my cup of tea at all.