Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Kostur

海尔的老板
We were not only lucky imo. We got fortunate with the draw, which simply happens from time to time in cup competitions, and had some decisions in our favour, yes. But we reached the final on merit as we deserved to go through both against City and Roma.

Still think we're a top 10 club in Europe atm, which is "among the very best" for me. No one would fancy playing us in a two-legged KO round.
City sure, if it wasn't for the ref's ineptitude though you'd have been out against Roma.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
You topped a very easy group and then drew the worst Porto side for years. Then you benefitted from refree mistakes against City (including the crucial first goal at Anfield) and then played Roma who aren't exactly among the best teams. If this is not luck, good luck.
And they only played well at home. They blew teams away at Anfield. Not the case anymore this season as Salah is really running cold.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
City sure, if it wasn't for the ref's ineptitude though you'd have been out against Roma.
Casually forgetting we should've had a penalty as well in the second leg, I see. You can't only count what we benefitted from and discard all the rest, it doesn't work that way.

Robbie Boy

What they're here to do is poke fun at folks on the "other side". The validity of their points is almost entirely irrelevant. You taking them seriously and getting so annoyed about it you resort to insults is just a bonus.
Ffs, shush, don't ruin the fun.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Casually forgetting we should've had a penalty as well in the second leg, I see. You can't only count what we benefitted from and discard all the rest, it doesn't work that way.
I'm not doing that, they've had more decisions against them and what was the penalty for you again?

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I'm not doing that, they've had more decisions against them and what was the penalty for you again?
Would have to check the game again tbh :lol: I think a silly foul on Wijnaldum but not sure, I just thought at the moment that it was a definite penalty.

Real was also lucky with a few decisions against Bayern by the way, which rarely gets mentioned (or I just don't see it).

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Yes Mourinho in fairness in his time at United has always taken defeat with grace.

Top managers don't usually take defeat well. Klopp made some valid points about gamesmanship and time wasting after the game but none of that hid from the fact that we were still outplayed.
Obsessed much ? Why are you talking about Mourinho in this thread ?

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Never trust Liverpool fans on what penalties 'should' have been given for them. I've never seen a set of fans be so delusional when it comes to things going against them. It must be a condition, intelligent and well reasoned people turn into bumbling idiots when they are supporting Liverpool.

Compare the Anfield crowd to any other crowd and it's obvious, they will scream bloody murder at any foul given against them or not given for them. It doesnt matter if Milner hacks down a player like he does in most games, the crowd will be adamant it was a clean tackle.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Yes Mourinho in fairness in his time at United has always taken defeat with grace.

Top managers don't usually take defeat well. Klopp made some valid points about gamesmanship and time wasting after the game but none of that hid from the fact that we were still outplayed.
You must have a very low opinion of Klopp's post match conduct if your line of argument is to bring in Jose. Ffs.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I don't mind Klopp's postmatch interviews. He either takes it on the chin well or moans some obvious bollocks about the wind or whatever.

Better than ducking them like Ferguson did every so often.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I don't mind Klopp's postmatch interviews. He either takes it on the chin well or moans some obvious bollocks about the wind or whatever.

Better than ducking them like Ferguson did every so often.
:lol:

Ban

Congrats for bringing up Mourinho for no reason at all.

He really does play the fans like a fiddle. Got to give him credit for that much.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Never trust Liverpool fans on what penalties 'should' have been given for them. I've never seen a set of fans be so delusional when it comes to things going against them. It must be a condition, intelligent and well reasoned people turn into bumbling idiots when they are supporting Liverpool.

Compare the Anfield crowd to any other crowd and it's obvious, they will scream bloody murder at any foul given against them or not given for them. It doesnt matter if Milner hacks down a player like he does in most games, the crowd will be adamant it was a clean tackle.
We've had hardly any penalties given to us at Anfield over the last 12 months or so. There's a stat floating about somewhere.

That's probably why we scream for them so loudly.

In all seriousness there's no difference between any fan base when it comes to screaming for fouls and penalties. Everyone does it for every decision.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
He's kidding himself if he thinks our midfield is functional. We struggle whenever we come up against better opposition.

Z1L3

Supports
Partizan Belgrade
If United is a small club, it is successful. But United is a big club and spending 400m under Jose. Europa League, League Cup? It is the trophy most big club just don't give a damn.

If it is true, you need to ask your manager why they bought so many players with high price but no one better than City? Maybe he just can't get the best out of his player and made his player look weaker but actually they are not.

btw, United got beaten by a lot of teams who have weaker players in every single position, Derby, walford,Sevilla...etc
If beating City is so-called success ,clearly , he bring more failure than success.
1. Because United had/has to buy players in the most expensive positions (midfielders and strikers) in a market of inflated prices, while City has had the core of the team already in place with world class players and have only refreshed some positions where their stars were aging.

2. City also lost to Wigan last season, but of course we're not talking about individual games here; we're talking about league position.

Can23

Supports
Liverpool
He's kidding himself if he thinks our midfield is functional. We struggle whenever we come up against better opposition.

He ain't going to admit it even if he believes it. Buying 2 midfielders for 100m and how gutted he was last season when Ox got injured even though we'd made the final speaks volume, i think he knows Henderson isn't a long term solution.

Vadim

Klopp isn’t stupid, he knows Henderswrong and Huge Jaw are shite, he won’t admit it publicly though. You’re lucky Jose isn’t manager, he would have thrown them under the bus by now. Or they’d be his Fellaini and Matic. Who knows :lol:

breakout67

Supports
Man City
We've had hardly any penalties given to us at Anfield over the last 12 months or so. There's a stat floating about somewhere.

That's probably why we scream for them so loudly.

In all seriousness there's no difference between any fan base when it comes to screaming for fouls and penalties. Everyone does it for every decision.
Point proven

Seven Seas Sardines

Klopp isn’t stupid, he knows Henderswrong and Huge Jaw are shite, he won’t admit it publicly though. You’re lucky Jose isn’t manager, he would have thrown them under the bus by now. Or they’d be his Fellaini and Matic. Who knows :lol:
Mourinho if at Liverpool:

Mignolet (Alisson benched after Leicester mistake)
Lovren Matip VvD Milner
Henderson Gomez Wijnaldum
Mane Firmino Solanke​

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool

What he says rings true domestically. They're hardworking players who give us sufficient defensive protection and control against the majority of sides in the league, and from there our attack generally does enough to win games for us. Where they are deficient is against the better sides against whom you need more quality and players with press resistance, not just players who will shuttle around and remain compact for 90 mins.

Jose Jaime Eskauriatza

Supports
The Ole Train
Just want for everyone to rewind back to the ECL final where they looked like the biggest joke thanks to Karius the keeper Klopp specially signed to reinforce his campaign... and the way Klopp and the team made him walk alone (maybe deservidely so, but so unteamly), this is the real team spirit shining through. Just went from a lucky run to being called out and showing their true bin-dipping selves towards their own...

breakout67

Supports
Man City
My point? Yes, yes it was proven. Many times over.
Yes your point is proven, all football fans are the same despite Liverpool fans victim mentality being renown and even made a meme out of because it was so obvious (ban Ramos campaign on social media totally would have happened with every set of fans). Arsenal fans weren't obsessed with Wenger either, those wenger out chants were just a figment of everyone's imagination and all other fans are like Arsenal fans. Ajax fans demanding possession based football is also just in everyone's head even the Ajax fans!

Trizy

Their midfield overachieved last season for the shite they have in it and the players they brought in to take their midfield to the next level aren't a level above what they already have. Mix that with Salah having a one off season, they're never gonna be as good as last season.

They're by no means bad, it's just the way the media and their fans have been bigging them up for two years you'd swear they're as good as City. They're not. How they're unbeaten in the league is baffling.

Butch Cassidy

Supports
Liverpool
Nobody is catching Manchester City in the league, and if Liverpool are dumped out of the CL group stages, will the Scousers finally admit the fact that they have gone backwards this season under their "revered" Klopp?

Or do we have to still have to endure their incessant harping on about Liverpool's continuing renaissance under him?
Do you think Liverpool have gone backwards this season? What's your measure?

Bearded One

We were not only lucky imo. We got fortunate with the draw, which simply happens from time to time in cup competitions, and had some decisions in our favour, yes. But we reached the final on merit as we deserved to go through both against City and Roma.

Still think we're a top 10 club in Europe atm, which is "among the very best" for me. No one would fancy playing us in a two-legged KO round.
I agree with you.

el3mel

Is that the second team he's telling the oposite teams to stop trying against Liverpool ?

Deleted member 101472

I really don’t want to take the thread off topic but feck Jürgen Klopp and everyone connected to Liverpool football club.

gaucho_10

I really don’t want to take the thread off topic but feck Jürgen Klopp and everyone connected to Liverpool football club.
Klopp is such a loser. I never liked Liverpool but after losing CL final they went completely crazy and it's a mentality that will never take them close to winning anything.

Talking about a lost CL final 6 months after the game and all of that with a delusional victim attitude is beyond anything I have ever seen. Reactions after PSG game is just a confirmation that they completely lost it. They played awful but got a penalty that wasn't one while PSG didn't get a clear penalty. They cried about diving but the only way they could stop Neymar was by pulling his shirt.

Klopp and Liverpool are a perfect combination. They will just wine forever and keep losing when it matters.