Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I’ve never heard a manager complaining about an injury “crisis” when it’s the opposition that is dropping like flies. It’s United that should be talking about a crisis for feck sake.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Had no courage to go for 3 points even after our injury crisis, considering we had Matic and Martial out before even a ball was kicked it was unbelievably negative approach to the game.

Not that it'll be called out in the media, you have Souness claiming it was a footballing masterclass and a massive statement from Liverpool.

AJ10

Just saw the interview , He is perfect for these delusional clowns. :lol:

Bwuk

We had half a team in a must win game for them and De Gea had f*ck all to do.

Cloud7

Interesting line of thinking from Klopp. Perhaps if Rashford came off and we played with ten men we might have won the match, if we follow his logic?

SqueakyWeasel

Had no courage to go for 3 points even after our injury crisis, considering we had Matic and Martial out before even a ball was kicked it was unbelievably negative approach to the game.

Not that it'll be called out in the media, you have Souness claiming it was a footballing masterclass and a massive statement from Liverpool.
Seriously, did that happen? Doesn't surprise me that he'd give no credit to us but … really? I missed Post Match as my "cough" mode of viewing switched immediately to the EPL final.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football

Pragmatic yes, but negative no. He subbed a DM for an AM to be a bit more positive.

With that said he clearly respected United's quality and the attacking players were a bit more isolated.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He is a big tit. But I have to say I think he has the right idea. We all expect Liverpool to panic at some point, but Klopp for all his weird energy has the right mentality of keeping calm and not rush anything. It isn't a bad point for them. Now, sometimes you do need to be a bit desperate and go for it so we'll see, but Liverpool has a habit of being too emotional so I have to give credit to Klopp for recognising that and changing things up.

Kush

Seriously, did that happen? Doesn't surprise me that he'd give no credit to us but … really? I missed Post Match as my "cough" mode of viewing switched immediately to the EPL final.
He did, I'd recommend you to watch post-match 'analysis' but its pointless at this stage. Scouse delusion is reaching unprecedented levels.

Pragmatic yes, but negative no. He subbed a DM for an AM to be a bit more positive.

With that said he clearly respected United's quality and the attacking players were a bit more isolated.
That was him not being pragmatic, we played without a proper DM and there was space to be exploited in middle. Liverpool refused to press our CBs at all in the fear of being caught out on counter. Nothing in their strategy changed after we had to change our entire midfield and 2/3rd attack was out injured/playing injured.

I expected them to push us in 2nd half and it was same old shite of keeping ball and pumping in long balls into channel. We had the chances to win it, make no mistake they were lucky to get away with 1 point. Their performance against this crippled United side warranted nothing.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Klopp clearly set out negatively to stop us. Just because you use possession to strangle the game doesn't mean its positive. We know that after having Van Gaal. Klopp tactic backfired from our substitutions and he didn't manage to change it up while Ole did. We had the bigger chances because we set out to attack going forward and defend when not having the ball. I expected Liverpool to be further frustrated and give us more opportunities to counter but they strangled the game completely with their possession and lack of intent going forward.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
That was him not being pragmatic, we played without a proper DM and there was space to be exploited in middle. Liverpool refused to press our CBs at all in the fear of being caught out on counter. Nothing in their strategy changed after we had to change our entire midfield and 2/3rd attack was out injured/playing injured.

I expected them to push us in 2nd half and it was same old shite of keeping ball and pumping in long balls into channel. We had the chances to win it, make no mistake they were lucky to get away with 1 point. Their performance against this crippled United side warranted nothing.
I don't understand what your trying to say. Refusing to press the opposing CBs so you won't get caught on the counter is a clear example of pragmatism. Also subbing a defensive midfielder for an attacking one proves he wasn't negative (as you claimed) and more positive if anything (as I claimed).

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
he reminds me of trevor ftom gta V -- the fecking meth head. I've never seen a man look so homeless before...

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I remember Jose accusing him of this. Their first game here was it?
I don't remember that, but he clearly does this against us. Saying after the game what a shit game, but the fact is he is a big shit talker of the highest level, so he should thank himself but he will rather complain about us having 3 injuries in a half :lol:. Weirdo.

Canagel

his players froze again. you can see they don't play their normal game when put under pressure to win crucial game. they should've been sensing blood but infact we got more and more comfortable as the game went on.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
To be fair to him he did also say that they should be beating a United team that was there for the taking.

Revan

Assumptionman
To be fair, I understand Klopp. He didn't say it in a negative way, it was just the truth. There were so many stoppages in the first half because of injuries (4 subs and the game got stopped for another couple of times), which made impossible for any team to play well, or as Klopp said, to get in the rhythm.

Second half is an another matter though.

Kush

I don't understand what your trying to say. Refusing to press the opposing CBs so you won't get caught on the counter is a clear example of pragmatism. Also subbing a defensive midfielder for an attacking one proves he wasn't negative (as you claimed) and more positive if anything (as I claimed).
Rashford was injured 10 mins into the match and we had Lukaku and Mata on counter, hardly speed demons. Pragmatism makes sense when opposition are in great form and lethal on break. We were without our 2 best counter attackers in Martial/Lingard while Rashford wasn't fit. Not to mention we weren't moving the ball in midfield with same speed without Matic and Herrera. He was overly negative at the start, and failed to capitalize when injuries hit us which by the way completely ruined any tactical work or planning we had done in the midweek.

Also, he only brought on Shaqiri in final 15 minutes. If he was willing to risk it, that substitution would've happened much earlier. You can dress it however you want, 1 shot on target in 90 minutes speak volumes of the 'attacking' Liverpool did today.

automaticflare

To be fair, I understand Klopp. He didn't say it in a negative way, it was just the truth. There were so many stoppages in the first half because of injuries (4 subs and the game got stopped for another couple of times), which made impossible for any team to play well, or as Klopp said, to get in the rhythm.

Second half is an another matter though.
Herrera and Mata went off in the space of 3 minutes. Lingard went off on 43rd minute so not much disruption. They weren’t in any rhythm either. It’s just protecting his players because they stunk the place out. But he makes himself look like an eejit.

Alabaster Codify7

Let me get this straight. This prick thinks our injuries actually benefited us - not them?

Is he fecking real?

He is the fecking pits.

He's a delusional sulky idiot and once the media finally get over the goofy face and 'positive' (ahem) demeanor maybe they'll start calling him on the utter shite that streams out of his mouth (and from his teams once the pressure is on).

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
He's the Poochie of the Premier League.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Rashford was injured 10 mins into the match and we had Lukaku and Mata on counter, hardly speed demons. Pragmatism makes sense when opposition are in great form and lethal on break. We were without our 2 best counter attackers in Martial/Lingard while Rashford wasn't fit. Not to mention we weren't moving the ball in midfield with same speed without Matic and Herrera. He was overly negative at the start, and failed to capitalize when injuries hit us which by the way completely ruined any tactical work or planning we had done in the midweek.

Also, he only brought on Shaqiri in final 15 minutes. If he was willing to risk it, that substitution would've happened much earlier. You can dress it however you want, 1 shot on target in 90 minutes speak volumes of the 'attacking' Liverpool did today.
I still don't understand what you are arguing.

Liverpool were not negative (as you claimed). Their fullbacks still bombed forward and they still had a lionshare of possession. Regardless, they clearly respected Ole's squad and didn't throw the kitchen sink at United as they would with other teams. This is pragmatism plain and simple.

Let's also not forget Firmino (their most important attacking player IMO) went off injured and they are away to a rival who is in good form. That's like saying City was negative at Anfield or even Ole was negative this match. Mourinho's tactics were the definition of negative football (fullbacks not pushing forward, no pressing, etc) today's match was not.