Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

LeftyBlaster

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp, speaking to Sky Sports: "It was a strange game. We started really well. All the injuries in the game obviously cost us rhythm. It happened to us with 'Bobby' and that was a catastrophe.

"United played with a completely new midfield and three up front. We lost our rhythm and couldn't get it back.

"It was a game without a lot of highlights - it was intense. On days when United are beatable you have to do it and we didn't do it.

"We have a point more and Wednesday is out next game.
:lol::lol::lol: What a fool.

Gasolin

Same. You obviously can't really replace a player like Firmino, but going from that to a player like Sturridge who barely even wants to track back and offers nothing to his teammates is such a dramatic shift.

Whole attack was dysfunctional from then on.
It's good news, it means that other teams just need to man mark Firminho and challenge him a lot and then Mane / Salah won't be that good with the ball? I am surprised other teams have not noticed that yet.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
So that catastrophic injury to Firmino... Klopp says he could be back for tomorrow

deadrevelz

Amazing that our 3 injuries was only noteworthy because of how it affected HIS team, yet the one injury to his player was 'catastrophic' for them. Even though they were crap in the first half too.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Here we go:
Klopp maintained he is “happy with a lot of moments” in this calendar year and the scrutiny placed on Liverpool is more intense than that on their title rivals. He added: “It’s like you get an eye problem when you have to watch our football now compared to when we played such wonderful football a few weeks ago. Sorry for that disappointment. It is the job to do.

“Do other teams perform constantly? They don’t. Sometimes they have the result but we don’t look at them in detail, we just see they are winning. You only have this obsessed look on our football."
Jürgen Klopp says ‘unbelievable’ Liverpool do not get enough credit:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/feb/26/liverpool-jurgen-klopp-premier-league-title-race

rampo

United have upto 9 senior players injured and out of the game vs Palace. I am worried this might impact Klopp's team's rhythm against Watford

SqueakyWeasel

Here we go:

Jürgen Klopp says ‘unbelievable’ Liverpool do not get enough credit:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/feb/26/liverpool-jurgen-klopp-premier-league-title-race
Just read that :lol: he never fails to give, does he?

I seriously think there's a tiny bit of envy involved, from our side, in the level (or lack) of criticism of him though.

Anyone other than the person some people wanted here during, and post, the LvG reign (dodged a bullet there IMHO btw) would be getting trolled a lot heavier than he does considering the WTF-level of some of the shite he spouts. I truly believe there's some underlying grudging respect there somewhere … and it bugs me!

DonnieDarko

Supports
Liverpool
If you would watch most of the interviews he gives you would know he's not as strange as you make it out to be. He's very reasonable most of the time, but once in a while he drops some bombs.
I think journos like him and don't make a huge fuss because he jokes with them and often calls them out on stupid/repetitive questions. He's a bright personality.

But I agree some of his excuses are laughable (e.g. the recent one about your injuries costing us rhythm). I'd prefer he blame the wind, at least that one is tried and tested. Anyway I believe this is a way to draw media attention away from players, Kloop is not a dumb guy.

Last edited:

William McAllister

Not sure if this has been discussed but why aren't the FA going after him for his, "Fxxxing hell, what a sh*t game," comment at the end of the game on Sunday? Hired translators and lip readers for something Mourinho muttered under his breath in Portuguese but no mention of this incident...

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
United have upto 9 senior players injured and out of the game vs Palace. I am worried this might impact Klopp's team's rhythm against Watford
Poor Jürgen. United’s nine injuries for the Palace match tonight could really disrupt Klopp’s rhythm against Watford later.
Twitter called, it wants its joke back.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Jurgen of the House Hipsters, the First of His Name, King of Excuses, Father of Draws

Minimalist

Tell you what, their rock-n-roll sorry HEAVY METAL football puts me to fcuking sleep.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Tell you what, their rock-n-roll football puts me to fcuking sleep.
What rock-n-roll football? All they do is play long ball into channels or into players who are facing their backs from goal.

They don't create anything from midfield, they are there to run and press that's it.