Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Paul_Scholes18

Subs on a player just to take a penalty. Said player is the only one to miss in the shootout. Genius.
Excuses after the game. "The bar was too low compared to the goal we trained with on penalties yesterday".
"The sub was correct if not for the wind also taking the ball slightly too high" .

snowkarl

Klopp is just the biggest cnut in all of football. So arrogant it's unbelievable. Only reason people have forgotten in the past 18-24 months is because they've been winning every single game.

1 loss and he's the biggest prick ever, chucking players, refs and oppo managers under the bus, total meltdown etc.

Hopefully he has another mega meltdown like he did with Dortmund.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Subs on a player just to take a penalty. Said player is the only one to miss in the shootout. Genius.
Takes a subtop team to best team in the world in less than 5 years. Genius.

DavidDeSchmikes

Klopp aiming for the 3rd consecutive season where they score 90+points. Would be an achivement, but can't see it myself.

Mickson

Can't see them winning anything unless they signing some players. Their squad is really thin and no way Mané, Salah etc can continue to play every game with that kind of standard. In that regard, Klopp is a genius. Almost Fergie-esque in how he squeezes out the maximum from his squad.

Chief123

I know a lot are expecting Liverpool to do similar to what they did last season.

I honestly think they will be nowhere near the level they’ve had last two years. City in my eyes will win the league pretty easily.

Liverpool have been looking like stale bread for a while now. Salah who was their biggest threat looks half the player he used to be. He’s easily getting nullified in far too many games as teams have worked them out.

Chief123

Klopp is just the biggest cnut in all of football. So arrogant it's unbelievable. Only reason people have forgotten in the past 18-24 months is because they've been winning every single game.

1 loss and he's the biggest prick ever, chucking players, refs and oppo managers under the bus, total meltdown etc.

Hopefully he has another mega meltdown like he did with Dortmund.
He becomes a proper tool when he loses. Starts losing his shit with reporters when they ask reasonable questions. Comes across as such a sore loser.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Nobody was worse than Fergie after a loss. Winners usually make terrible losers it's normal. Pep is very salty too after a loss and pretends to be okay with everything when you can tell he's seething.

I don't actually mind Klopp. Think he's a brilliant coach and wish he'd have joined us when we approached him all those years ago. Hate that club though. I'd sooner cheer on an ISIS eleven managed by Jimmy Saville's ghost than want them mugs to even win at tiddlywinks.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Why aren't they making more signings? They're risking stagnation.
They've got no money (or the owners don't want to spend). Why else would they overlook the obvious tap ins that were the Werner and Thiago signings? (Albeit the latter can still happen)

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Can't see them winning anything unless they signing some players. Their squad is really thin and no way Mané, Salah etc can continue to play every game with that kind of standard. In that regard, Klopp is a genius. Almost Fergie-esque in how he squeezes out the maximum from his squad.
Yeah. The intensity of post lockdown fixture list showed that next season will be decided by bench strength, not quality of the 1st XI alone, and Liverpool just don’t have it. And that’s before Messi joins City.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
They've got no money (or the owners don't want to spend). Why else would they overlook the obvious tap ins that were the Werner and Thiago signings? (Albeit the latter can still happen)
I think they advanced mortgaged Allison and VVD purchases which were massive for a club of their financial profile.

Any extra prize money profits they made since will have to be used to cover for COVID-19 reduced incomes.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Yes he is but he is still your genius so don't expect a Utd forum to praise him much. Not like Fergie was loved on Scouse forums.
Of course not :D Although he was loved on here before he joined us. @Samid just has an unhealthy obsession with him, that’s all. I couldn’t care less about his character if he brings us trophies.

Klopp is a massive hypocrite from time to time. So are 90% of the other managers. He’s also very likeable though.

arthurka

Of course not :D Although he was loved on here before he joined us. @Samid just has an unhealthy obsession with him, that’s all. I couldn’t care less about his character if he brings us trophies.

Klopp is a massive hypocrite from time to time. So are 90% of the other managers. He’s also very likeable though.
Klopp is as likable as he is unlikeable and he can turn it on and off with a blink of an eye. But the problem with him is that he is such a likable person normally that when he starts to struggle his whole demeanour changes drastically and he turns into a nasty, snappy, fully crazy person. And I have a feeling the English is building him up to watch the epic fall closely.

Been a fan of his for years and really wanted him to come here and knew he would make you guys awesome.

I know a guy who is friends with him since his playing days in Germany and he is absolutely full of praise for him, this is him not a role or a face that he puts up.

Squeaky Bumtime

As I understand owners dont want to make loans to buy players like some other clubs and they're managing their books to be near zero and not in a loss. Mind you, I'm awful with economy, just seen that somewhere being mentioned.
He said they cant compete with oligarchs owned clubs.Why I understand what he's getting at he certainly did spend, otherwise they wouldnt be where they are now.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Didn’t he used to spout the same bullshit about being a different kind of club and not making big signings like other teams do before going out and splashing in a centre back and keeper?

Chief123

I wouldn’t be surprised at a Klopp meltdown this year.

Liverpool have already looked out of sorts since restart. Nothing has changed since then. They haven’t freshened anything up.
Klopp will spit his dummy out as soon as they lose.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Aston Villa are our spending them, though you could argue they needed to.
Liverpool are in danger of being one season wonders, other clubs were starting to work them out and they haven’t invested yet whilst on top. Where’s all the money? Maybe it went on paying the staff they threatened to furlough? Small time club

United58

He's using dodgy substances - look at the kilometres and games they're getting through with no injuries. They're playing dodgy games with asthma and inhalers apparently

romufc

Why are so many people writing Liverpool off?

Feels like De Ja Vu, same was said last season and look what happened.

Whatever happens, they have the best defence in the PL. If you dont concede goals, you always have a chance of winning games.

Liverpool have so many ways of playing, pressing, counter, possession and even getting goals from set pieces, so you can always see them scoring goals.

There is nothing to suggest that any of the players will get injured, this has been proven over 3 years. Mane, Salah, Trent, VVD, Robbo are all very robust players.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Why are so many people writing Liverpool off?

Feels like De Ja Vu, same was said last season and look what happened.

Whatever happens, they have the best defence in the PL. If you dont concede goals, you always have a chance of winning games.

Liverpool have so many ways of playing, pressing, counter, possession and even getting goals from set pieces, so you can always see them scoring goals.

There is nothing to suggest that any of the players will get injured, this has been proven over 3 years. Mane, Salah, Trent, VVD, Robbo are all very robust players.
Iirc van dijk was their top scorer after the front 3. A mane or salah injury will cost them.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I don’t get the media love in with him, he’s an arse

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I wouldn’t be surprised at a Klopp meltdown this year.

Liverpool have already looked out of sorts since restart. Nothing has changed since then. They haven’t freshened anything up.
Klopp will spit his dummy out as soon as they lose.
He basically goes nuts all the time though. Every single loss, every single bit of criticism. It's his personality, and he seems to switch back to 'normal' right after. So not sure what difference it would make for Liverpool's performance.
Aston Villa are our spending them, though you could argue they needed to.
Liverpool are in danger of being one season wonders, other clubs were starting to work them out and they haven’t invested yet whilst on top. Where’s all the money? Maybe it went on paying the staff they threatened to furlough? Small time club
Two-season wonders? Two years ago, they had nearly the same points total in the league and won the CL.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
He basically goes nuts all the time though. Every single loss, every single bit of criticism. It's his personality, and he seems to switch back to 'normal' right after. So not sure what difference it would make for Liverpool's performance.

Two-season wonders? Two years ago, they had nearly the same points total in the league and won the CL.
Fair point. Let’s just say it remains to be seen if they will hit those heights this coming season

Kaos

I think some of you are being a little wishful about a Liverpool/Klopp meltdown next season. They're not guaranteed to win the league by any means, but they'll still put in another strong campaign, even with no additional signings. I certainly don't expect us to finish above him, Sancho or otherwise.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Fair point. Let’s just say it remains to be seen if they will hit those heights this coming season
Those 97 and 99 point finishes are the outliers, not par for the course. So it's unlikely that we'll hit "those heights" again, yeah. But unless City improve again (and they probably will), 90 points won't necessarily be needed to win the title. Klopp will probably once again feck off the Carabao Cup, and I think we won't get far in the FA Cup either as usual. A title challenge and deep CL run would be the expectation for us.

I think people put far too much emphasis on our "demise" after the restart, or even after January if you go back a bit further. We had the title all but won after Christmas, you can't expect a team to keep up such a ridiculous form over an entire season. I think (or hope, at least) that we'll start the season a bit more re-energized - Minamino and Keita also look poised to have a greater impact this upcoming season which means our main guys get a bit more rest than usual.