Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Those 97 and 99 point finishes are the outliers, not par for the course. So it's unlikely that we'll hit "those heights" again, yeah. But unless City improve again (and they probably will), 90 points won't necessarily be needed to win the title. Klopp will probably once again feck off the Carabao Cup, and I think we won't get far in the FA Cup either as usual. A title challenge and deep CL run would be the expectation for us.

I think people put far too much emphasis on our "demise" after the restart, or even after January if you go back a bit further. We had the title all but won after Christmas, you can't expect a team to keep up such a ridiculous form over an entire season. I think (or hope, at least) that we'll start the season a bit more re-energized - Minamino and Keita also look poised to have a greater impact this upcoming season which means our main guys get a bit more rest than usual.
Keita might feel like a new signing again! (Third season in a row?)

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Probably in jest but he already had an impact last season and will only get better this season.
Couldn’t get any worse! Disappointing return so far I’d say, he was much hyped when you signed him.

I’m curious if Mane, Fermino and Salah can keep up the pace this year, especially the latter 2. Salah looked toast at time last season.

Obviously I live in hope that your performance levels drop off this season!

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Probably in jest but he already had an impact last season and will only get better this season.
Yeah, I was kidding. You must be disappointed with his input so far though - not so much maybe in terms of what he delivers when he's on the pitch, but rather regarding how much he has actually been available to play for you guys. So in that sense, I'd think you are hoping for his breakthrough season.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
His comments were aimed at Liverpool fans btw. There’s been a lot of moans and groans about the inability to spend despite the club not buying anyone of more last summer.

Our fans don’t really understand the financial side of the club though. Our wage bill has increased massively over the last few years, and we’re £30 million down due to loss of matchday revenue. FSG want the club to be self sufficient and don’t want to over extend themselves until there’s a clearer picture of when fans can go to games again. That’s why Werner wasn’t signed and why we’re hesitant to sign Thiago without someone else (Wijnaldum) leaving.

This thread has some good information on current financial situation at Liverpool.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Ah, if only Liverpool were run by a country or oligarch like *checks notes* Newcastle

Also, this comment thread made me laugh

"A lion would die if it hadnt ate in 30 years" im feckin crying

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
That's an amazing stat and doesnt say much for their midfielders.
And considering firminhos own troubles in front of goal last season it shows what monsters salah and mane must have been.

Falcow

His comments were aimed at Liverpool fans btw. There’s been a lot of moans and groans about the inability to spend despite the club not buying anyone of more last summer.

Our fans don’t really understand the financial side of the club though. Our wage bill has increased massively over the last few years, and we’re £30 million down due to loss of matchday revenue. FSG want the club to be self sufficient and don’t want to over extend themselves until there’s a clearer picture of when fans can go to games again. That’s why Werner wasn’t signed and why we’re hesitant to sign Thiago without someone else (Wijnaldum) leaving.

This thread has some good information on current financial situation at Liverpool.

Is it not Thiagos wage demands more so than the 30m that is the difficulty? He would right expect to be paid as one of best midfielders in world.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
So, I've just read that article in the Athletic. Wowzers, 'that' ass-kissing is really something. Here, one of my favorite parts

They can play their own game now. It’s still loud but more consistently so. Klopp’s much cited heavy-metal style has long evolved into a slower, more hypnotic soundtrack of continuous precision beats that deliver deeply-felt elation at the end of a long night rather than the helter-skelter of hands-in-the-air moments mixed with some really dud tunes that played out between 2015-2018
Ya'all feeling it, too? The deeply felt elation after a long night?:lol:

cyberman

Cant wait until he does his trick of rambling on tangents with a lot of 'Of courses' thrown in so he doesn't give proper answers and stops too many questions being asked.

mu4c_20le

This has to be one of the most humiliating results in the modern era. At least both us and southampton were a man down very early.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
We can’t play high up the pitch like that any more. If Villa can exploit it then others will.

Spark

If only Keane was in the studio now. “Did Mr Keane say we were sloppy?”

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
“Mr Keane said it was sloppy, it was not sloppy, it was just bad”