Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

MissKatie

Supports
Northampton Town
Well it's been a crappy day with a crappy result but this has given me a little lift haha

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Klopp was very honest, "we were not sloppy, we were just bad!" He's not wrong, we were shite and fully deserved to lose! One thing's for sure, whoever wins the league this season will not be getting 90+ points for once!

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Klopp was very honest, "we were not sloppy, we were just bad!" He's not wrong, we were shite and fully deserved to lose! One thing's for sure, whoever wins the league this season will not be getting 90+ points for once!
Imagine losing 7-2 to Villa.

Aston Villa!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Similar to when you lost 6-3 to Southampton days after losing 5-0 to Newcastle. Shit happens and we move on to the next game.
Yes but the first one was down to ten men after about 10mins and an injury on top left a vet McClair as THE midfield.
Whereas Newcastle was a red hot Shearer and Ferdinand title competitor.

This was Villa!

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
We can’t play high up the pitch like that any more. If Villa can exploit it then others will.
Annoying how we persisted with it when it became about damage limitations. This offside trick was reeled out more than the game at West Ham 18/19 where it cost us two points and we ultimately lost out on the title and we didn't even play like this all the time that season, but that match relying on a offside trap cost us and in Leicester game. In this game we've just handed any opposition from now the textbook on how to beat this from set pieces and through the lines on so many goal examples. Powerpoint heaven for Atalanta and Ajax coming up.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Yes but the first one was down to ten men after about 10mins and an injury on top left a vet McClair as THE midfield.
Whereas Newcastle was a red hot Shearer and Ferdinand title competitor.

This was Villa!
We played with 10 men for that entire match. Adrian doesn't count!

lsd

The Oracle
Wow Keane really did get to him :lol: a bit too sensitive Klopp

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool

Buvac was the brain all along.
Would probably believe this if we didn't get loads better after he'd left. He left just before the Champions League semi final in 2018 and the following two seasons saw us win the two biggest trophies and gain a ridiculous number of points

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
It's time we addressed the elephant in the room.

Klopp is done at this level, clearly, and if Liverpool want to avoid a relegation fight this season, they'll sack him with immediate effect.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
His intense passive aggression - the lunatic smile - is quite amusing I find. Entitlement, I guess is the word. But he's a great manager nonetheless.

AshRK

He is a bad loser, no different to Jose. Although for today I don't blame him to be pissed. That was a red card (and so was Robertson's) and that was not offside.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
It's time we addressed the elephant in the room.

Klopp is done at this level, clearly, and if Liverpool want to avoid a relegation fight this season, they'll sack him with immediate effect.
Not a very good effort on your part. Care to explain?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Not a very good effort on your part. Care to explain?
I'm sure I have no idea what you're talking about. I thought the message was pretty clear, but I'll elaborate a little anyway.

After getting knocked out convincingly by Athletico in the CL last year, Liverpool's form took a sharp turn for the worse, missing out on several records that looked a certainty at one point. Results and team performances have looked less than convincing too. I believe if they stick with Klopp for the remainder of the season, a relegation fight is inevitable. No one wants to see that happen to our sister club, and certainly not to their fans from Mersyside who we cherish and adore.

Sack Klopp, reap the rewards.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
People were saying that Klopp would have moved here without Woodwards mistakes - it wouldn't have happened.

The guy wants to move to a club who have a feeling of an underdog or a long standing sleeping giant. He likes building a family type feeling between his players and fans. As much as we are struggling, we have way too much pressure as a club for him because we have that feeling of needing that instant success here; the calling of us still being the biggest club in the world when we clearly are not.

I say this because now Liverpool is the current best club in England and this is true when competing for the PL or CL. That element of Liverpool being an underdog is gone now and everyone respects them on the pitch. There is that pressure that Klopp has to progress now and deliver on the spot and that will be felt around all his players.

The signing of Thiago epitomised this. Before Liverpool had good quality players who maybe not the most technical (especially in midfield) but would all work to the hardest level. Thiago is now one of the most technically gifted and is bought because Liverpool need such a player for the next level up to gain that consistency as a big club and not just as an underdog team hardworking to break city's dominance anymore or an underdog that worked hard to win the CL.

They need that quality and with that quality comes pressure and vice versa. This is when I think Klopp will struggle, to take an already big club to a level of quality and consistency.

padr81

Supports
Man City
3 pts ahead of Pep with a game more played. Pep needed sacking last week. Wheres the Klopp Outs...

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
3 pts ahead of Pep with a game more played. Pep needed sacking last week. Wheres the Klopp Outs...
The pendulum has swung quite a bit. Liverpool's last 2 games, possible massive injury to a key player, City seeing today's win out and having Aguero back.
Liverpool have barely had a key player miss a game for years, whereas City repeatedly have long spells out.

Drawfull

No sure where to post this article, but I found the snippet below interesting:

Liverpool had already looked fallible. There may have been something freakish about the three they conceded at home to Leeds on the opening weekend, but the 7-2 defeat at Aston Villa was remarkable not only for the scoreline but for the fact that Villa could easily have scored more. Liverpool’s high line is necessarily high risk – Jürgen Klopp’s acceptance of which led to his disagreement with Roy Keane after the 3-1 defeat of Arsenal; the issue felt generational as much as anything else

Klopp is 53, Keane 49. How is that a generational difference?!