Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

AshRK

People were saying that Klopp would have moved here without Woodwards mistakes - it wouldn't have happened.

The guy wants to move to a club who have a feeling of an underdog or a long standing sleeping giant. He likes building a family type feeling between his players and fans. As much as we are struggling, we have way too much pressure as a club for him because we have that feeling of needing that instant success here; the calling of us still being the biggest club in the world when we clearly are not.

I say this because now Liverpool is the current best club in England and this is true when competing for the PL or CL. That element of Liverpool being an underdog is gone now and everyone respects them on the pitch. There is that pressure that Klopp has to progress now and deliver on the spot and that will be felt around all his players.

The signing of Thiago epitomised this. Before Liverpool had good quality players who maybe not the most technical (especially in midfield) but would all work to the hardest level. Thiago is now one of the most technically gifted and is bought because Liverpool need such a player for the next level up to gain that consistency as a big club and not just as an underdog team hardworking to break city's dominance anymore or an underdog that worked hard to win the CL.

They need that quality and with that quality comes pressure and vice versa. This is when I think Klopp will struggle, to take an already big club to a level of quality and consistency.
This is not said enough but this is true. I don't think Real Madrid or Barca or even Bayern would have patience of not winning a trophy for 2 seasons and allow him all the time to do a rebuild. Teams like Liverpool/Dortmund are perfect for him. Wouldn't be surprised if he leaves them in a season or two as I feel they have reached their peak just like he did with Dortmund.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
What a legend, love all the spiteful posts in this thread when he is the only one fit enough to lace Fergie's shoes at MUFC

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
The pendulum has swung quite a bit. Liverpool's last 2 games, possible massive injury to a key player, City seeing today's win out and having Aguero back.
Liverpool have barely had a key player miss a game for years, whereas City repeatedly have long spells out.
This simply isn't true. Van Dijk's been immune to injury up until now but for the second season in a row we're without Alisson for an extended period. We also lost Fabinho for two months last year, have been unable to have a regular partner for Van Dijk due to Gomez and Matip's consistent injuries, and had to consistently change our midfield around as well due to injuries.

You're not supposed to get injuries to key players. If you do it's incredibly unfortunate. Van Dijk, Salah, Mane, TAA & Robertson have all stayed fit but it's not like they're all supposed to be out with ACL's all the time.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
This is not said enough but this is true. I don't think Real Madrid or Barca or even Bayern would have patience of not winning a trophy for 2 seasons and allow him all the time to do a rebuild. Teams like Liverpool/Dortmund are perfect for him. Wouldn't be surprised if he leaves them in a season or two as I feel they have reached their peak just like he did with Dortmund.
I agree aswell. I've said it before but now he has managed in Germany and England - raising the sleeping giants - who do you think will be his next step apart from returning to Germany?

I can see him at AC milan aiming to take down Juventus after ages & they should give him the time and a lack of pressure to do his work. Bring AC milan back up from the dead.

For spain I'm not so sure? Athletico Madrid after Simeone leaves? Maybe Bilbao (dont know whether the way their club runs suit him), Valencia? bit more confusing.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This simply isn't true. Van Dijk's been immune to injury up until now but for the second season in a row we're without Alisson for an extended period. We also lost Fabinho for two months last year, have been unable to have a regular partner for Van Dijk due to Gomez and Matip's consistent injuries, and had to consistently change our midfield around as well due to injuries.

You're not supposed to get injuries to key players. If you do it's incredibly unfortunate. Van Dijk, Salah, Mane, TAA & Robertson have all stayed fit but it's not like they're all supposed to be out with ACL's all the time.
You've had your front 3 and key 3 in the back four barely miss a game.
That's incredibly lucky in two years in the premier league.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Need that German national team job to come up.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
You've had your front 3 and key 3 in the back four barely miss a game.
That's incredibly lucky in two years in the premier league.
But isn't that normal though? How many games did Terry, Cole, Lampard, Drogba miss for Chelsea? How many games did Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Ronaldo, Rooney, Scholes, VDS etc miss in between 2006 and 2009? How many games did the likes of Henry and Vieira miss due to serious injuries?

We've had TAA, Salah, Mane and Robertson all miss occasional games with knocks but you're not supposed to get long term injuries to key players. Successful teams always have their best players available throughout most of their successful periods.

Neil Sherman

How will he fare in his first season? Instant impact making Liverpool serious contenders for top 3 or does he require serious amount of rebuilding? Squad looks awfully fragile when a couple of key players are out so surely this won't be plain sailing for The Normal One?
The league is wide open now!

KwokSF

Goodness, that's another Level of weird cringey comment even from him. Has to be misquoted surely

AshRK

I agree aswell. I've said it before but now he has managed in Germany and England - raising the sleeping giants - who do you think will be his next step apart from returning to Germany?

I can see him at AC milan aiming to take down Juventus after ages & they should give him the time and a lack of pressure to do his work. Bring AC milan back up from the dead.

For spain I'm not so sure? Athletico Madrid after Simeone leaves? Maybe Bilbao (dont know whether the way their club runs suit him), Valencia? bit more confusing.
That's an interesting question. Maybe as @Sandikan says it could be German NT. AC Milan could be but not sure if that would work, although I would love if he resurrects AC Milan.

Fridge chutney

We played with 10 men for that entire match. Adrian doesn't count!
It's true. Liverpool, as good as they can be, always have a low ceiling without a good/competent keeper. That's why Allison is so important. I miss the Karius days.

Heinzesight

cnut needs to look at his own players like Robertson on Saturday and Mane kicking out.

Yes, the challenges by Richarlison and Pickford were awful but this prick is trying his very best to get the refs on side. He’s also said ‘we did nothing wrong in that game’...prick needs to watch the game back.