Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yep. Football is totally irrelevant to real life stuff.

Any one who trolls on that kind of thread is an absolute worth less scumbag.

stevoc

Very sad news, genuinely feel for him not being able to attend.

Can he not attend because he would have to quarantine?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Wouldn't a funeral be an exception to traveling restrictions? That's terrible if it's not.
It is an exception but that would require him leaving his "football bubble" and needing to self-isolate for 10 days in Germany like any regular person.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
RIP. Based on the reports it sounds the funeral has already taken place. Awful if he wasn’t allowed to attend.

BarstoolProphet

Sad news.

This might go a long way to explain why he's been in such a mood lately. He's always been a bad loser but I feel he's been acting like a child lately. Imagine the pressure he must be under, every word you say and your general behaviour will be analyzed so you need to act composed and at the same time you're going through a devastating personal loss. Feel sorry for him.

RIP.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Very sad news, genuinely feel for him not being able to attend.

Can he not attend because he would have to quarantine?
If he first has to quarantine 1-2 weeks in Germany and then do the same upon returning to Liverpool then that makes it a pretty difficult thing to do in terms of his job, I guess. But yeah, awful for him and I'm sure it's been very difficult to make a decision on whether to travel or not.

RORY65

That's very sad, its awful that so many people are going through stuff like this and can't even be there. His mood has definitely been off lately, its obviously very difficult to attribute that to whatever but usually when people are being like that it's actually about something else and this must be a huge part of it.

Kostov

That is terrible and fecking heartbreaking for Klopp. My thoughts are with him and his family. I've lost my father in December at the age of 51, there is no consolation for losing a parent.

stevoc

If he first has to quarantine 1-2 weeks in Germany and then do the same upon returning to Liverpool then that makes it a pretty difficult thing to do in terms of his job, I guess. But yeah, awful for him and I'm sure it's been very difficult to make a decision on whether to travel or not.
Thought as much you would think an exception could be made where someone submits to many tests in a short period and can only go from Airport to funeral and then back to the airport. But thats probably not practical.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I don't think I would be able to handle not being able to bury my mum.
My heart goes out to those who have had to endure that.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
That’s extremely shit. Poor guy. Must be incredibly difficult to accept not being able to attend your mum’s funeral.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Absolutely awful, he’s not looked right for a lot of this season. Having your mother gravely ill will do that to you, hoping he has the support he needs through this time.

He’s a manager that feeds off of emotion and not having the support of his clubs home fans in the ground especially during a time like this must be a double blow.

Maagge

Thought as much you would think an exception could be made where someone submits to many tests in a short period and can only go from Airport to funeral and then back to the airport. But thats probably not practical.
Of course one could think of a system whereby you could get dispensation to travel. However, a lot of people will be a bit miffed it was only put in place when Jürgen Klopp couldn't go to a funeral and not when some average Joe couldn't.
But yeah, if people are being diligent with staying at home before and after the trip in both countries and getting tested it really shouldn't be more of an issue than, say, going on a train or to the shops in terms of the risk of spread. Whether you can trust people to behave reasonably is another matter.

FujiVice

Poor guy. Klopp seems like a guy big on family as well. My heart goes out to him. Losing a parent is something that nobody signed up for, but comes to us all. Life is cruel.

stevoc

Of course one could think of a system whereby you could get dispensation to travel. However, a lot of people will be a bit miffed it was only put in place when Jürgen Klopp couldn't go to a funeral and not when some average Joe couldn't.
But yeah, if people are being diligent with staying at home before and after the trip in both countries and getting tested it really shouldn't be more of an issue than, say, going on a train or to the shops in terms of the risk of spread. Whether you can trust people to behave reasonably is another matter.
I meant an exception for anyone in Klopps situation not for Klopp specifically though.

But yeah i suppose it would be open to abuse and some would definitely abuse it.

RedDevil@84

RIP. Condolences to him and his family.

Weird that Liverpool put out a tweet only today, if this has happened couple of weeks back.

Mindhunter

So sorry to hear that. This may explain some of his belligerent behavior with journalists. Everyone of us has a personal life and we often discount that while in a professional setting. I am not condoning his behavior but if his mother was critically ill during this period when Liverpool lost their mojo then it is a perfect storm for any manager.

Maagge

I meant an exception for anyone in Klopps situation not for Klopp specifically though.

But yeah i suppose it would be open to abuse and some would definitely abuse it.
Oh I know it's just a bit late for the powers that be to figure out a year into the pandemic and will undoubtedly raise questions.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Terribly sad news. Football rivalries aside it’s never nice to lose a loved one. He must be hurting from the fact that he is unable to attend her funeral. My thoughts and prayers to Klopp and his family.

Mike Smalling

That's awful. All the best to Klopp and his family.

Can't wait for this crap episode in history to be over!

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
RIP. Condolences to him and his family.

Weird that Liverpool put out a tweet only today, if this has happened couple of weeks back.
I believe they were trying to keep it under wraps but post the funeral the notice out in his hometown and the press have obviously picked up on it.

Given how close he was to his mum it must be devastating to not have been able to spend any time with her and have an opportunity to say goodbye and bury her.

taribhumpu

Wow - supposedly this happened a couple of weeks ago and I have to commend this guy on being able to hide all of his emotions. I wonder why his behaviors lately have been so awful compared to earlier ones.

Condolences.

padr81

Supports
Man City
RIP momma Klopp. We might give him shit but you raised a legend.

Also not being able to attend his mother funeral is a joke. Shameful.

Bwuk

Feel really sorry for him not being able to attend her funeral.

RIP

PoTMS

Explains why he's been an arsehole the last few weeks. He hasn't meant to maliciously, he's just been dealing with a lot of shit. RIP.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
RIP.

I really feel for him. Just thinking about this happening is dreadful. Ever since this nonsense started, I have been dreading something similar for my grandparents.

alexthelion

Feel or him. It's a shitty situation to be in.

Lost my F-I-L to cancer and we couldn't even see him before he died because of the retrictions. Not nice at all.