Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Really sad news about his Mother and to then not be able to be at the funeral. Very sad indeed for anyone in such a position.

AkaAkuma

I live in Japan, parents in their 70s in the UK, its a situation I fear.

Upon reading the news my heart goes out to him.

Josh 76

Explains why he's been an arsehole the last few weeks. He hasn't meant to maliciously, he's just been dealing with a lot of shit. RIP.
If they were wining, he wouldnt be acting like an areshole.

Last edited:

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
That really is terribly sad :(

I know how much my family mean to me so being unable to travel the now really is tragic. Condolences to him and his family at a desperately difficult time.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I can't even imagine being unable to attend your own mothers funeral.

Sad.
My Mum passed away in November and my brother was stuck in Thailand. He managed to watch via an online stream but it’s been incredibly difficult for him.

RIP Mrs Klopp, thoughts with him and his family :(

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
My Mum passed away in November and my brother was stuck in Thailand. He managed to watch via an online stream but it’s been incredibly difficult for him.

I'm very sorry to hear that, must have been devastating.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Explains why he's been an arsehole the last few weeks. He hasn't meant to maliciously, he's just been dealing with a lot of shit. RIP.
Nah, not entirely. It’s a shit situation he is in family wise, for sure, but his cuntishness stems from losing & is being exacerbated by losing his mother, not the other way around.

His current cuntishness can be seen a myriad of times in his career, this isn’t brand new.

Pagh Wraith

There’s nothing idiotic about asking the reigning champions if they think they can retain the title.
Its a painful question for Klopp to answer considering he’s just been thumped at home by his nearest rival.....but good! Considering Klopp has had his arsehole licked solidly for the last few years by the media it’s high time they put the fecker on the spot when pool play shit. And guess what, he couldn’t handle it
It is an utterly stupid question to be honest. Imagine being a journalist and you get to ask one of the top managers in the world a question about football, after just watching the two favourites for the title play each other no less, and this is what you ask?

Klopp can be a right tit but boy do these so called journalists grind your gears.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
It is an utterly stupid question to be honest. Imagine being a journalist and you get to ask one of the top managers in the world a question about football, after just watching the two favourites for the title play each other no less, and this is what you ask?

Klopp can be a right tit but boy do these so called journalists grind your gears.
This.

GBBQ

I mean its a post match interview, its never intended as anything more than a quick word or two off the cuff to help build a headline. You're looking for a soundbite from Klopp conceding the title so you ask obvious questions like this. Every manager has to put up with this type of leading question, just as Jose did when asked about Bale not playing after they lost to Everton.

Klopp didn't need to belittle him, he should just deflect (I don't want to focus on that right now) or give a vanilla answer (we'll keep going until its mathematically impossible) and move on. Instead he's shown up as being a pompous twat.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
It was a leading question. He asked Klopp about the title race being over to establish that he had given up on it and to appear less condescending with the follow up about finishing in the top four being the priority for Liverpool now.

Pagh Wraith

I mean its a post match interview, its never intended as anything more than a quick word or two off the cuff to help build a headline. You're looking for a soundbite from Klopp conceding the title so you ask obvious questions like this. Every manager has to put up with this type of leading question, just as Jose did when asked about Bale not playing after they lost to Everton.

Klopp didn't need to belittle him, he should just deflect (I don't want to focus on that right now) or give a vanilla answer (we'll keep going until its mathematically impossible) and move on. Instead he's shown up as being a pompous twat.
True, and hopefully a rant from Klopp as well (which chances are you are going to get from him after a defeat). And this is what's wrong with these journalists. Looking for or inducing emotional reactions and asking the most obvious and mundane questions possible. Liverpool have a non-zero chance of winning the title (but not much higher than that). We all know that. What meaningful insight could their manager possibly add to that?

An interesting question to ask (that isn't too tactics-heavy either) would have been about his preference of playing players out of position in central defense and thereby weakening his midfield. That also may have upset him but that would have been his problem.

He definitely doesn't handle these situations well but I can't bring myself to feel sympathy for the Geoff Shreeves' of the world.

Last edited:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
He definitely doesn't handle these situations well but I can't bring myself to feel sympathy for the Geoff Shreeves' of the world.
Me neither, but you can't blame them either. I think if it were up to them they might come up with better or more interesting questions, but we can't forget that their main goal is to get a good quote and sell papers / get clicks online.

"KLOPP CONCEDES TITLE TO CITY" creates more revenue than "KLOPP GIVES INSIGHT IN LOSS" and that's what it boils down to for those journalists. If Klopp is smart, he just gives them a very convenient and boring answer that they can't do much with. Now, even without answering the question but going on this (rightful or wrongful) rant, he gives them exactly what they want. Should know better imo.

man united 4eva

R I P Elisabeth Klopp... i would also like to add that it's a shame that when Mike Phelan's Dad (Michael John Phelan) passed away on the 22nd of December 2020 he hardly got a mention from United supporters on here let alone non United supporters... in fact one member on here posted a derisory comment about Mike Phelan.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.

Sorry for your loss, Pexbo.

SER19

Ruefully shaking his head at their first goal standing for the sake of a centimetre, after they literally had just gotten off from conceding a penalty for the same, is the most Liverpool thing ever

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

So sorry to hear of your loss Pexbo.

I don't want to make any jibes here toward Klopp, for a while. Losing his mother who he said was "everything" to him is massive. I don't really care for any football jibes toward him now :(

OleBoiii

He’s flirting with one of the worst title defences of all time. Shredding his legacy at every turn.
I'm starting to wonder if his managerial style is similar to prime Mourinho in the sense that he prefers a siege/underdog mentality?

I've rated Klopp higher than Pep up until now, but this season has got me wondering if Pep actually is the better manager.

AshRK

His body language looks off now. Seems he is losing it. Mourinho 2.0 incoming ?

Jonno

I feel like his constant moaning about injuries, bad decisions, scheduling, etc has invited extra pressure on his team and has contributed largely to the mentality there. Keep moaning that things are going wrong, and it will get into the players heads and you can lose 10%

Leicester had a similar number of players missing today to Liverpool, yet all that's talked about is how Liverpool are missing players.

Cloud7

We might not win it, but it seems like they’re definitely not going to retain it, and that’s probably the second best outcome really.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I feel like his constant moaning about injuries, bad decisions, scheduling, etc has invited extra pressure on his team and has contributed largely to the mentality there. Keep moaning that things are going wrong, and it will get into the players heads and you can lose 10%

Leicester had a similar number of players missing today to Liverpool, yet all that's talked about is how Liverpool are missing players.
There’s been a total capitulation of late. Players are not playing to anything like the same intensity and they look ordinary. It’s not even this one, Brighton with their very modest team exposed them by being organised and hard working.

Jonno

There’s been a total capitulation of late. Players are not playing to anything like the same intensity and they look ordinary. It’s not even this one, Brighton with their very modest team exposed them by being organised and hard working.
I think without Klopp melting down after every single defeat/draw has blown a blip into a prolonged period.

Barnslig

Did he just say that the onside/offside for their equaliser would've been offside if he'd touched it? I mean, it would've been irrelevant because he was onside anyway. Does he know how the offside rule works?

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
He sounds and looks crestfallen in those post-match interviews. Think he's drained or broken now.