Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
No, not under any circumstances.
Surely the board will look at the sudden drop in performances and draw comparisons to Klopp's Dortmund side.

This is more than a slump. The players look knackered, devoid of ideas and before long will start losing faith in Klopp's system. Plus, they don't have the funds to replace superstars like Salah and Mane.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Surely the board will look at the sudden drop in performances and draw comparisons to Klopp's Dortmund side.

This is more than a slump. The players look knackered, devoid of ideas and before long will start losing faith in Klopp's system. Plus, they don't have the funds to replace superstars like Salah and Mane.
In fairness, they have had a hilarious mess at centre back.
People say it's just one player, but his two partners have been out massive times as well, then everyone else they put there keeps getting injured. Even Hendo went off injured today!

Without that base, the full backs can't play their usual game, they don't have the bleep test centre mids in there, and the forwards have nowhere near the same freedom.

Long may it continue, but there's certainly reasons beyond "they're just knackered".

Feed Me

I'm hungry
They're shite but they're clearly not.

We defended a title by finishing 7th.

Chelsea finished 10th.

Leicester finished 12th.

All in recent history.
They’re on track to get 61 points, less than United got in that Moyes season. It’s a disastrous title defence.

VivaRonaldo85

The only thing to be aware of is a Chelsea style champions league win but finish mid table in the league. If they get knocked out soon in that competition, it could happen. First time they have lost 4 at home in the league for 98 years. Shocking stat that!

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
In fairness, they have had a hilarious mess at centre back.
People say it's just one player, but his two partners have been out massive times as well, then everyone else they put there keeps getting injured. Even Hendo went off injured today!

Without that base, the full backs can't play their usual game, they don't have the bleep test centre mids in there, and the forwards have nowhere near the same freedom.

Long may it continue, but there's certainly reasons beyond "they're just knackered".
There are somewhat mitigating circumstances, to be fair, but they're not the Liverpool side of 12 months ago. They're struggling to break down opposing defences regardless of the standard whilst looking susceptible to conceding on the counter. Klopp's system is no longer functioning as intended. The players are bound to cotton on to that fact soon enough if they haven't already.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
They're shite but they're clearly not.

We defended a title by finishing 7th.

Chelsea finished 10th.

Leicester finished 12th.

All in recent history.
Every chance they’ll finish on fewer points than we did, and the gap between their tally last season and what they’ll end on will probably be the highest difference in a title defence ever

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

He’s earned the right to try and make it right though. This sacking managers culture in modern football does my head in. Klopp’s delivered our first league title in three decades and a CL as well. Now people are asking if he should be sacked? Who comes in? What’s the long term goal if we do sack him?

I‘m not worried about replacing players who might go. For the most part the club has got it right in the transfer market since Klopp has been there.

I’m a bit worried about the average age of the squad if I’m being honest. Any players we sign in the summer need to be younger than Thiago’s profile. I’m expecting one of Salah or Mane to go regardless of where we end up.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
There are somewhat mitigating circumstances, to be fair, but they're not the Liverpool side of 12 months ago. They're struggling to break down opposing defences regardless of the standard whilst looking susceptible to conceding on the counter. Klopp's system is no longer functioning as intended. The players are bound to cotton on to that fact soon enough if they haven't already.
The system relies on an imperious ball playing centre back, and Hendo and Fabinho in the midfield.
Taking those out of their positions has a big effect on the rest.

But the front players have definitely lost an edge either way.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Every chance they’ll finish on fewer points than we did, and the gap between their tally last season and what they’ll end on will probably be the highest difference in a title defence ever
That’s partly due to us getting the second highest number of points ever last season. A bit hard to measure against that.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He’s earned the right to try and make it right though. This sacking managers culture in modern football does my head in. Klopp’s delivered our first league title in three decades and a CL as well. Now people are asking if he should be sacked? Who comes in? What’s the long term goal if we do sack him?

I‘m not worried about replacing players who might go. For the most part the club has got it right in the transfer market since Klopp has been there.

I’m a bit worried about the average age of the squad if I’m being honest. Any players we sign in the summer need to be younger than Thiago’s profile. I’m expecting one of Salah or Mane to go regardless of where we end up.
No-one with even the remotest understanding of football could think you'd sack Klopp. That's just silly talk.

Klopp walking out is much more likely. But it's fanciful wishful thinking to think it'll be this season.

If you have another season as poor next year, in a more "normal" schedule, who knows though.

Cloud7

He may have caused us to get abhorrent referee decisions against us since his rant, but it's come at the cost of his own team.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
That’s partly due to us getting the second highest number of points ever last season. A bit hard to measure against that.
You could end up on more points behind the leader. The comparison with us after replacing SAF with Moyes is less fair.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
No-one with even the remotest understanding of football could think you'd sack Klopp. That's just silly talk.

Klopp walking out is much more likely. But it's fanciful wishful thinking to think it'll be this season.

If you have another season as poor next year, in a more "normal" schedule, who knows though.
Yeah I agree. He‘ll see how next season goes and call it a day if it goes south. I think the club are expecting him to go by 2023 anyway. He’s already set a date in his mind Imo.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah I agree. He‘ll see how next season goes and call it a day if it goes south. I think the club are expecting him to go by 2023 anyway. He’s already set a date in his mind Imo.
It's always amazing how almost invincible teams can drop off so quickly.

Chelsea in the mid 2000s, United after the European 2008 win, City last year.

But this is probably the biggest drop off of the lot so far. More stuff going on in fairness, but still shocking.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I know, and I don’t care. I’m using your successes of last season against you to compound your failures of this year. :D