Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I will stop laughing at them until they have been knocked out of the CL.
They can still beat anyone on their day and have enough CL experience even if they are not as good as they used to be.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
He will leave in the summer IMO. Next seasons schedule will be even more crammed that this after the Euros plus the Copa. Then you have the African cup of nations as well. Maybe even Salah going to the Olympics. Then the next season has the world cup in the middle of it. No way he can get them back to where they were without a big rebuild.

Fitchett

The best thing about all this is the fact that this Liverpool team under Klopp won’t be remembered in the history books as “that team who won the league with 99 points after winning the CL the season before”.

They'll be remembered for eternity as the Liverpool team that famously capitulated and became the worst defending champions on record. That lost 5 (could be more) home games on the trot for the first time in 128 years (i.e. their entire history). They will be remembered as bottle jobs, not as anything else.

And that ladies and gents, is flipping glorious :D.
I'm loving this as much as all United fans are. But don't forget that football existed before the Premier League. The worst defending champions has to be Manchester City, who were relegated the season after they won the title in 1937.

Manncunian

I'm loving this as much as all United fans are. But don't forget that football existed before the Premier League. The worst defending champions has to be Manchester City, who were relegated the season after they won the title in 1937.
Perhaps. But nobody remembers that now do they. It’s pre WW2 for goodness sake :lol:. Just as nobody will remember this in 84 years.

But for the next 10-20 years, this will be remembered, very vividly. And it’s fantastic.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Klopp is ringing the changes today with Alexander-Arnold, Kabak, Thiago, Mane and Firmino all dropped. Arguably 2-3 weeks later than he should have; nevertheless, he’s taken the correct step, IMO.

It’ll be interesting to see if it pays off as there’s no doubt they need a spark from somewhere and some of those players phoning it in since Christmas (and before that in some cases) weren’t going to be the ones to provide it.

Last edited:

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Klopp is ringing the changes today with Alexander-Arnold, Kabak, Thiago, Mane and Firmino all dropped. Arguably 2-3 weeks later than he should have; nevertheless, he’s taken the correct step, IMO.

It’ll be interesting to see if it pays off as there’s no doubt they need a spark from somewhere and some of those players phoning it in since Christmas (and before that in some cases) weren’t going to be the ones to provide it.
It is very risky as Fulham are fighting for their lives to stay in the PL.

Liverpool 0-1 Fulham

BFernandes

I've not really considered him at risk of getting sacked during all of this, but if they lose to Fulham it'll be the first time I think it's a real possibility.

It would make it 6 games lost at home in a row, regardless of past achievements surely that is untenable?

Giggs' right foot

I've not really considered him at risk of getting sacked during all of this, but if they lose to Fulham it'll be the first time I think it's a real possibility.

It would make it 6 games lost at home in a row, regardless of past achievements surely that is untenable?
Don't think so and the fact that I - as a United fan - constantly hope they will sack him, tells you something about Klopp's quality, and I don't think Liverpool is stupid enough to let him go.

They're atrocious right now, but Klopp is tailor-made for Liverpool and I think he can turn it around relatively easily with some signings - some departures as well - in the summer. Hope I'm proven wrong though and he fecks off to Madrid or the like.

U99ted

Moaning cnut. Has he won a home game since his stupid penalties comment? :lol::lol::lol:

mu4c_20le

Surely worse than his Dortmund slump? They won the title, but not as dominating as this side. And the owners didn't even break the team up.

OleBoiii

Surely worse than his Dortmund slump? They won the title, but not as dominating as this side.
They finished 2nd the season before the collapse and they still dominated most of the games they lost during the collapse.

This is much worse.

Guy Incognito

Don't think so and the fact that I - as a United fan - constantly hope they will sack him, tells you something about Klopp's quality, and I don't think Liverpool is stupid enough to let him go.

They're atrocious right now, but Klopp is tailor-made for Liverpool and I think he can turn it around relatively easily with some signings - some departures as well - in the summer. Hope I'm proven wrong though and he fecks off to Madrid or the like.
They'll miss out on Europe and do a Chelsea 16/17 is what I fear. Klopp could squeeze one more title out of this squad (before hopefully f'ing off).

Chairman Steve

The downturn is turning ludicrous now. If you told me this form would take place this time last year, I’d be saying Alisson, VVD, Salah, Mane and Klopp surely all left in the summer to cause that.

dove

At least we have something to cheer on this season :lol: Liverpool missing on European football would be glorious.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
There was talk weeks ago of him taking a break. The club might not have been considering it as an option but the talk was there because it was obvious that he wasn’t going to be able to fix this anytime soon but is also unsackable.

RORY65

They'll miss out on Europe and do a Chelsea 16/17 is what I fear. Klopp could squeeze one more title out of this squad (before hopefully f'ing off).
Chelsea needed a change of manager for that to happen though, it's going to be very difficult for Klopp and that team to dust this season off. There's no way they will get rid of him and rightly so, to my mind he's the best manager in the world, but I don't think it's impossible that he goes unless he's able to do major surgery to that team.

always_hoping

Moyes's United had five more points after 28 games in 2013-14 than Liverpool now have after 28 games

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Oh, so you mean hypothetical scenarios. Like you say, none of that is likely. Has he won enough already? Really, that's a question? If he wins nothing for the next four years he's won more than I could have ever dreamed of.
How many seasons not winning something do you think he'll last?
This year is a freebie due to the last two years, and he can use the injuries/covid/asthma treatments having to be eased down as reasons, but another poor season next year?
Stevie will be getting tapped up.

It's almost like they can remember as far back as....last season, when they won a first title for 30 years or something.
it’s ridiculous people can’t see that a CL and a first league win in 30 years means he’s got a big amount of credit in the bank.

it’s the problem with Twitter and forums.