Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

redrobed

So is he going to have a dig at Arsenal regarding their spending which sits at over £100 million for the summer? Or is that reserved just for us?
They hadn’t when he was asked the question. I’m desperate for them to ask him again so he can add them or for him to issue an updated statement.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
in fairness Burnley absolutely kicked them up and down the pitch today
Can't wait to see the state of Redcafe's cryarsing when it's Greenwood's turn to get chopped down by Burnley's two footers. You know, to help him grow up a bit like.

arthurka

Can't wait to see the state of Redcafe's cryarsing when it's Greenwood's turn to get chopped down by Burnley's two footers. You know, to help him grow up a bit like.
Easy there, is nothing new for United to get kicked up and down it comes with the territory of being better than the other team, I know that is new to you guys.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Wishing injuries on a rivals player, scousers charming as ever I see.

Chairman Steve

I interpreted his random mention of Utd in spending money a week ago as a dig against the Liverpool ownership like “Our ownership model isn’t too dissimilar to Utd yet they’re spending decent money on quality and we’re not?”

redrobed

There were some bad challenges from Burnley but Liverpool have to stand up for themselves. They can’t just go crying to the ref every time someone’s mean to them. They need some strong hard leaders. If Burnley come to Old Trafford and try that they’re going to get the same back and more from the likes of McTominay, McGuire and Bruno

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
There were some bad challenges from Burnley but Liverpool have to stand up for themselves. They can’t just go crying to the ref every time someone’s mean to them. They need some strong hard leaders. If Burnley come to Old Trafford and try that they’re going to get the same back and more from the likes of McTominay, McGuire and Bruno
As long as they win he can say what he wants. If it was a draw or a loss then it would be a little too much complaining. But he’s won the first two games.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
:lol:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
My word :lol:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If this happens it's going to be painful to watch for United fans.
They’re paying their top earners under 250k a week. You think they’re suddenly going to smash that structure and offer 3x that or more to Mbappe without an orderly queue forming to the chairman’s office?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Maybe we should learn to spell our captains name first unless it’s a different player you’re referring to

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
They’re paying their top earners under 250k a week. You think they’re suddenly going to smash that structure and offer 3x that or more to Mbappe without an orderly queue forming to the chairman’s office?
Totally agree. But there may be method in the madness this summer. Get all the important players tied up to new fixed contracts up to retirement age (Salah, VvD, Alisson, Mane, Hendo) then splurge on Mbappe as it's too late for the other main players to complain. Just before the window slams shut.

A man can dream. :)

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
Maybe we should learn to spell our captains name first unless it’s a different player you’re referring to
Maguire stayed in Greece, McGuire came back. Don't mess with McGuire, he beats up policemen, referees and Albanian gangsters. Learnt all his tricks from watching MacGyver in the 80's.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Totally agree. But there may be method in the madness this summer. Get all the important players tied up to new fixed contracts up to retirement age (Salah, VvD, Alisson, Mane, Hendo) then splurge on Mbappe as it's too late for the other main players to complain. Just before the window slams shut.

A man can dream. :)
This would be quite some tactic. Also, given just how brilliant Mbappe is, I doubt any of them would complain much should he join Liverpool and immediately become by far the highest earner.

It's never happening though, I reckon he's off to Madrid on a free next season. The Klopp cycle is coming to an end and our most important players are nearing the end of their prime within this and 2-3 years, who knows who we bring in to succeed Klopp and how our team will look like after that. At Madrid you just know that you're challenging every season especially with Barca in such a comical state right now, at Liverpool it could be right back to top four contention if Klopp leaves and our best players are getting old. That seems very doom and gloom right now but it's a realistic possibility, so it's a no brainer for Mbappe imo (especially considering he's a Madrid fan / Ronaldo fanboy since he was young).

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I only ever see Mbappe to Liverpool 'rumours' on Liverpool-centric social media pages. Are actual journalists talking about this?
It wouldn't surprise me if this is actually part of some senseless social media strategy thought up by some jen chang successor at the club.

Anustart89

Can someone point me in the direction of Klopp’s comments when Mark Noble picked Ander Herrera up and carried him off the pitch without a reaction from the ref? I bet he was very outraged over what was allowed already back then.

Hastar

Supports
Liverpool
I don't really understand the Mbappe rumours. We are never going to sign him. Or Halaand for that matter - a rumour that sometimes come up.

I am slightly surprised about us not cashing in on one of Mane or Firmino - even though I love them both. Jota has shown himself to be a good replacement. Sell one of those and buy a younger player.

I also don't understand the talk of Klopp leaving. Don't see any indication of that either. But if he does, I won't be surprised if Lijnders takes over. I sometimes get the feeling that he is being groomed for the job. He is loved and respected by the players and knows the system of the club and the squad. It would also ensure continuity.