Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I said that 5-0 win at OT was the worse thing that could happened to them. They must have thought they were invincible after that, but it sounds strange to say, Utd created a lot of problems for them. I thought Liverpool were there for the taking that day. Wining 5-0 away to Utd papered over their cracks, which Brentford, Brighton and West Ham have exploited.
We could lose every game from now until the end of the season and you'll still never find a Liverpool fan who thinks winning 5-0 at Old Trafford was a bad thing. We'd struggled here and there before we even played you. It just so happens that our following two games came against two well coached teams who were able to take advantage of our issues in midfield and defense. We could've played Burnley & Norwich and you wouldn't even take a second look at the United game.

Klopp clearly looked at our goal scoring struggles last season and decided to make us more forward thinking this season. We went on that run of home games scoring one penalty in six games last year. The negative impact of that is that it's exposed our CB's more. Van Dijk clearly isn't as mobile post injury and Matip/Konate haven't found any consistent form yet.

There's a consistent pattern though. 1-0 up against Milan, 2-1 down in the space of a five minute spell. Led twice at Brentford, lost the lead twice. Led twice against City, lost the lead twice. Led 2-0 at Atletico and lost the lead. Led 2-0 at home to Brighton and drew 2-2. Today we were at 1-1 and instead of going on and taking control, we were second best after that. There's clearly an issue with controlling games that City and Chelsea don't have. They'll have moments where the opposition hurt them like Burnley did yesterday to Chelsea but that's all they are, moments.

Based on what I've seen so far this season, I don't think we're capable of winning the league. Champions League maybe because it's a cup competition.

Josh 76

We could lose every game from now until the end of the season and you'll still never find a Liverpool fan who thinks winning 5-0 at Old Trafford was a bad thing. We'd struggled here and there before we even played you. It just so happens that our following two games came against two well coached teams who were able to take advantage of our issues in midfield and defense. We could've played Burnley & Norwich and you wouldn't even take a second look at the United game.

Klopp clearly looked at our goal scoring struggles last season and decided to make us more forward thinking this season. We went on that run of home games scoring one penalty in six games last year. The negative impact of that is that it's exposed our CB's more. Van Dijk clearly isn't as mobile post injury and Matip/Konate haven't found any consistent form yet.

There's a consistent pattern though. 1-0 up against Milan, 2-1 down in the space of a five minute spell. Led twice at Brentford, lost the lead twice. Led twice against City, lost the lead twice. Led 2-0 at Atletico and lost the lead. Led 2-0 at home to Brighton and drew 2-2. Today we were at 1-1 and instead of going on and taking control, we were second best after that. There's clearly an issue with controlling games that City and Chelsea don't have. They'll have moments where the opposition hurt them like Burnley did yesterday to Chelsea but that's all they are, moments.

Based on what I've seen so far this season, I don't think we're capable of winning the league. Champions League maybe because it's a cup competition.
I don’t think Liverpool fans would be happy wining 5-0 at OT and being relegated.

cyberman

Slight difference in performance levels though surely? We've largely played well in that run.
Well you’re 5 points ahead of us after our shit show. Doesn’t scream played well to me. Basically the only difference between our seasons is the OT game, against the rest of the league there’s only a 2 pt difference which is insane

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Bit eager in here. They're four points off first, topping their CL group of Atletico, Milan and Porto, and were unbeaten in 25 games.

Nickosaur

Yeah this is an accurate assessment. We’re in trouble when Mane and Salah go to AFCON but the midfield doesn’t protect the back four very well. We’re also struggling to find an in form partner for Van Dijk as well.
This seems strange to me when you have a brilliant DM in Fabinho.

AshRK

Maybe beating us is not a good thing. Dean Smith found it hard way, Leicester are not really looking good after beating us and neither are Everton after their draw. Hope Pool continue to follow that trend.

The Oracle

Maybe beating us is not a good thing. Dean Smith found it hard way, Leicester are not really looking good after beating us and neither are Everton after their draw. Hope Pool continue to follow that trend.
Probably because we're everyone's Cup Final... we always have been, we always will be

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Well you’re 5 points ahead of us after our shit show. Doesn’t scream played well to me. Basically the only difference between our seasons is the OT game, against the rest of the league there’s only a 2 pt difference which is insane
Slight difference in performance levels though. We've played at a far higher level than you this season.
Come on, being relegated, losing all your top players and manager for a 5-0 win at Old Trafford? Don’t be silly.
Ok maybe finishing 17th would be fine.
This seems strange to me when you have a brilliant DM in Fabinho.
He's been injured a lot. Our midfield three for most of the game against Brighton was Henderson, Jones and Chamberlain. No good defensive cover there and Brighton took advantage. Then again he played against Brentford.

cyberman

Slight difference in performance levels though. We've played at a far higher level than you this season.

Ok maybe finishing 17th would be fine.

He's been injured a lot. Our midfield three for most of the game against Brighton was Henderson, Jones and Chamberlain. No good defensive cover there and Brighton took advantage. Then again he played against Brentford.
Have you though? Some of your wins have come against sides missing chance after chance against you then you don’t get away with it and drop a lot of points while conceding a lot of goals.
Only difference I see is Salah shooting you out of trouble. That was never going to last

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Have you though? Some of your wins have come against sides missing chance after chance against you then you don’t get away with it and drop a lot of points while conceding a lot of goals.
Only difference I see is Salah shooting you out of trouble. That was never going to last
Which sides have we played where the opposition has created more than we have? Someone in this thread already posted that our xG for is the best in the league, meaning that we're creating better chances than anyone else is. Even today we had more chances than West Ham did. Can you provide an example of a game where we were outplayed in terms of chance creation and overall play, but Salah's brilliance bailed us out?

The Oracle

The cringe.
Every team raises their game when they play Utd, that's why it's often described as the other team's 'Cup Final'

No cringe about it, just the way it has always been, and just the way it will always be.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Every team raises their game when they play Utd, that's why it's often described as the other team's 'Cup Final'

No cringe about it, just the way it has always been, and just the way it will always be.
Delusions of grandeur. Teams don't raise their game against you, you're just not as good as you used to be under SAF.

Pace Abuser

We are just shit, mate. Sorry to shatter your cosy illusions.

The Oracle

Delusions of grandeur. Teams don't raise their game against you, you're just not as good as you used to be under SAF.
1st English team to win the European Cup?
1st English team to win it in its Champions League format?
1st English team to win the Premier League?
1st English team to win the Club World Cup?
1st (and only) English team to win the most difficult Treble there is in English club football?

Man Utd of course.

Everyone else just follows after us.

Sviken

1st (and only) English team to win the most difficult Treble there is in English club football?

Man Utd of course.

Let's not live in the past like Liverpool fans did before Klopp. We've been shit for almost 10 years. Teams are beating us because we're shit. It's that simple.

The Oracle

We are just shit, mate. Sorry to shatter your cosy illusions.
I know we're absolutely crap - which I actually stated a few posts up, when I described us as being 'Fecking dire'

The point still stands, that because we are Manchester United, everyone wants to beat us.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
They are having a Jekyll & Hyde season. Too inconsistent to win the PL but the feckers will do something great in the UCL (semis or even the final).

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea

Man Utd of course.

I hope you guys get out of your rut or this place will fully turn into RAWK. At least there's less poetry on here thank god

The Oracle

Let's not live in the past like Liverpool fans did before Klopp. We've been shit for almost 10 years. Teams are beating us because we're shit. It's that simple.
Yes I know we are crap, as I have already stated several times in my last few posts.

Of course a lot of teams have won against us because of that.

The point still stands that we're the biggest scalp in English club football.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool

Not anymore. Hasn’t been for awhile. We used to think the same way after our unparalleled run in the 70sand 80s came to an end. Its takes about 5 years to sink in. You’re past that. So it is a cringe.

Rossa

Slight difference in performance levels though surely? We've largely played well in that run.
I was just responding to your argument. I don’t think Liverpool are all that impressive. Sure there are some great games, but quite often it’s a long ball from defense over the top or individual brilliance from Salah that secures the points.

The Oracle

Not anymore. Hasn’t been for awhile. We used to think the same way after our unparalleled run in the 70sand 80s came to an end. Its takes about 5 years to sink in. You’re past that. So it is a cringe.
You're still carrying that grudge aren't you?

Still annoyed about what happened back in April... no not the defeat in Madrid, no no, not that.

You're still annoyed about the collapse of the 'European Super League' aren't you?

As it was a chance for you to finally get your hands on a major trophy for the first time before Man Utd
...and then the opportunity was taken away from you :lol:

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
They are having a Jekyll & Hyde season. Too inconsistent to win the PL but the feckers will do something great in the UCL (semis or even the final).
They will be fine once Van Dijk is back plus crowds are allowed back in. The two things they told us cost them last season. :wenger:

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I don't think he is wrong, but I don't think he realises why it is this way: Today everyone smells blood when playing United and goes for the kill. Nothing to do with United being that big, special club, quite the contrary in fact.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Bit eager in here. They're four points off first, topping their CL group of Atletico, Milan and Porto, and were unbeaten in 25 games.
Aye, we should be congratulating the scouse cnuts on being a bit less shit than we are.

Is that what you're asking us to do?

Loon

:lol:
Always nice to see them brought down to Earth. Scant consolation, but hope we don’t have to wait 30 (25 now?) years to win another title.

Josh 76

But wait

What did he say after the win at OT?
I couldn’t be bothered to listen to him. Probably something like this,
“I know they lost, but it’s lovely to see them playing so open and free. I admire them as a club and hope they carry on with Ole and playing this way”

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Aye, we should be congratulating the scouse cnuts on being a bit less shit than we are.

Is that what you're asking us to do?
I'm reading what I wrote, and then looking at the bolded, and I have no idea how you came to the conclusion you did.

You'll be glad to hear I'm no good at poetry :)
Neither were the lot on RAWK but it never stopped them!