Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Slooj

Firstly, it was hardly a question and more a judgement. Secondly, what Klopp said was idiomatically fine. Very common parlance when referring to a significant event.

The little matter Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster
Yes except that's not at all what he said.

He clearly says "there's a little tournament in Africa". What you're suggesting he said is "there's the small matter of a tournament in Africa". Contextually very different.

I get that some of the reactions are perhaps over the top but at the same time not sure why people are so adamant to defend Klopp.

The fact that he didn't have the humility to even offer an apology along the lines of "im sorry if anyone has interpreted my comments in that manner, but this is actually what I meant...." is testament to the man's arrogance.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He clearly meant in a sarcastic tone, but the sarcasm in and of itself is downplaying the tournament. Like the journalist said, you wouldn't say a phrase like that (sarcastic or not) about the Euros.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
He clearly meant in a sarcastic tone, but the sarcasm in and of itself is downplaying the tournament. Like the journalist said, you wouldn't say a phrase like that (sarcastic or not) about the Euros.
Disagree. The bigger the tournament, the more obvious the irony. If he'd said, "then there's a little tournament called the World Cup to think about" it'd be extremely obvious that he was being facetious. Assuming sarcasm was his intention, this seems like a total non-story.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
He should be banned out of every club, city and country.

Except of Cologne. :devil:

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Much ado about nothing, and I say that as an AFCON fan.

All managers at club level wish that international events would disappear into the ether. Unfortunately for them, international football is here to stay.

Josh 76

Klopp true colours coming out again.
Can’t wait when this prick has fecked off!

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool

He clearly says "there's a little tournament in Africa". What you're suggesting he said is "there's the small matter of a tournament in Africa". Contextually very different.

I get that some of the reactions are perhaps over the top but at the same time not sure why people are so adamant to defend Klopp.

The fact that he didn't have the humility to even offer an apology along the lines of "im sorry if anyone has interpreted my comments in that manner, but this is actually what I meant...." is testament to the man's arrogance.
This is exquisite.

lsd

The Oracle

It's an International tournament that's not the World Cup so it's by defination pointless and unimportant

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
The question is, will Klopp do the right thing and bow at Ralf's feet when they come head to head later in the season?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Bow. Crease over with laughter.

[PaulChoudary] same thing [/PaulChoudary]
A bit disrepectful if I'm honest.

It's customary to bow at the feet of your Lord and Master, which is what Ralf is to Klopp according to the German media. Klopp should be on his knees when they meet, it's only right.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
A bit disrepectful if I'm honest.

It's customary to bow at the feet of your Lord and Master, which is what Ralf is to Klopp according to the German media. Klopp should be on his knees when they meet, it's only right.
German media are quite aware that Klopp has only a very vague connection to Rangnick. I see this only pictured in this way like you do in this forum or English media

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
German media are quite aware that Klopp has only a very vague connection to Rangnick. I see this only pictured in this way like you do in this forum or English media
According to a leading media outlet 'Germany Sport', Ralf has said some lovely things about Klopp that clearly displays the camaraderie they share:

"He's kinda like a son to me but no thanks"

Or

"At least I didn't have to get my teeth whitened ahaha"

Or

"He's like a shit version of me la"

Pulls on the heart strings you know? Great stuff.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
According to a leading media outlet 'Germany Sport', Ralf has said some lovely things about Klopp that clearly displays the camaraderie they share:

"He's kinda like a son to me but no thanks"

Or

"At least I didn't have to get my teeth whitened ahaha"

Or

"He's like a shit version of me la"

Pulls on the heart strings you know? Great stuff.
You can lay all the bait you want this week RT but all we have for you is gratitude for doing the unthinkable and drawing against Chelsea.

I never thanked you properly. :)

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
You can lay all the bait you want this week RT but all we have for you is gratitude for doing the unthinkable and drawing against Chelsea.

I never thanked you properly. :)
That's it i'm calling the cops on you

Lyng

If you say "there is a little tournament in Africa" as a german or a dane its pretty much allways meant sarcastic or as a joke. The outrage is complete nonsense.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Really hope we can keep this going. The football we're playing this season is as good as I can remember. The amount of chances we create every game is just unreal.
43 goals from 14 games so far. First team in the English top flight to score 2+ goals for 18 consecutive games. On steady course to beat city's 106 goal record.
Salah on 13 goals from 14 games in the league. 19 from 19 in all competitions.

Too bad we aren't playing city or Chelsea now. We were still a bit rusty when we drew with them earlier.

It's hard to believe this is the same team as last season, that ran out of ideas once we didn't score in the first 15, and then just endlessly floated the ball to the fullbacks for a percentage cross.

RooneyLegend

I still fail to understand why Origi is still there. Surely there's someone out there that needs a striker?