J Cole!

Sam

Errr, don't like that.

C'mon J.Cole, you're better then that. Just go in hard, fecking the singing shit.

Sam

I'll give it a few more listens just for you Boss. I'm just not feeling it yet. I think he's much better then this.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
He sang for like 5 seconds, and rapped some serious shit about raising kids/abortion.

Shit brings a tear to my eye.

If that doesn't go hard then what does.

Listen to the lyrics.
Lots of songs out there about abortion, Common's "Retrospect for Life" outshines this by far.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
This is the future? That's some weak shit. I think he's got great talent as a producer, love some of his work on other artists stuff, apart from when he decides to sing the choruses, in the most retarded voice ever.

But yeah, him being the best lyricist and all that...christ.

Inspectah deck

I'm dying to see Hectic's reaction to this one haha

It's finally hear people!, the collabo with Jay Z.

Bloody hell, Jay's flow and rhyme scheme is so basic these days. I'm not sure if he's purposely (further) dumbing it down or he's just lost it. I just wish he'd stop rhyming, it's tainting his reputation as an MC. His lyrics sounds like it's ghost written by Young Jeezy or something.

Zen

Should listen to Cunninlynguists bro. Screw mediocrity like this.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Decent. Far from the 'Classic' it was being dubbed as. I was dissapointed he (the record label) put 4 year old tracks on there, but I suppose he had no choice.

'Warm Up' and 'Friday Night Lights' are MUCH, MUCH better though. It had to be dumbed down with tracks for the ladies, for radio play and revenue.

GE

Same, it's growing on me.

Dollar & A Dream III, Sideline Story, Nobody's Perfect & Daddy's Little Girl are my favourite 'new' tracks on there.

Fergies Formula

I cant deny it, I am a fully fledged J cole fanboi, he is the boy. I would give the album a 8.5.

Both previous mixtapes are nearly as good as the album, if a little less refined.

I love that he is not just another mainstream bogun like Drake and lil wayne who "rap" about nothing, he has something to say, is an intellectual rapper and a proper lyricist. It is refreshing to know hip-hop in the mainstream isnt dead.

obviously this song has been around a while but it wasnt in this thread. Looking forward to his next album.

GE

I've been impressed with his recent releases: All 5 tracks on 'Truly Yours 2' and 'N*ggaz Know'.

Really looking forward to the album.

Born Sinner | June 18th