Foot: Right
On loan from: Crystal Palace

Contract there expires: Jun 30, 2023
Player Agent: Triple S Sports
Squad Number: #31
Loan until: Jun 30, 2023
Sponsor: Nike​

dalriada

Still not convinced that we need another keeper in addition to DDG, Tom Heaton, Nathan Bishop et al, but ETH seems convinced we do so I defer to the boss and welcome Jack Butland to Utd. I hope it works out well for him. I remember watching him at Old Trafford at the 2012 Olympics (in the GB team) and thinking he would be the next England keeper but injuries and circumstances have hampered his career. Good luck for your loan spell, Jack.

Mickson

Still not convinced that we need another keeper in addition to DDG, Tom Heaton, Nathan Bishop et al, but ETH seems convinced we do so I defer to the boss and welcome Jack Butland to Utd. I hope it works out well for him. I remember watching him at Old Trafford at the 2012 Olympics (in the GB team) and thinking he would be the next England keeper but injuries and circumstances have hampered his career. Good luck for your loan spell, Jack.
Bishop is shite and an absolutely pointless signing. We should have a clear number one, then a decent number two and an experienced number three. Exactly like it is right now.

Revaulx

Bishop is shite and an absolutely pointless signing. We should have a clear number one, then a decent number two and an experienced number three. Exactly like it is right now.
Your comment made me google him. Looks like you’re right.

Mickson

Your comment made me google him. Looks like you’re right.
Yes, there's no way EtH would give him game time if it was something to play for. No way. He can barely hold himself in the U21. An expensive GK for training...

dalriada

I haven't seen that much of Bishop, to be fair, but we just seem to have a lot of keepers around nowadays who are hardly used. I admit it's not like the days when we managed pretty well on one regular keeper and the Reserves keeper if there was an injury, but I never saw the point of Grant in addition to Romero and Henderson when we had three or four keepers around the second and youth teams as well. Statistically, the number of occasions two keepers are injured is very low - maybe we're lucky, I remember Newcastle having their two main keepers injured not long ago. As I say, though, I defer to what the boss thinks we need.

Brophs

The One and Only
Drink it in, Jack. There’ll be many more days like this. You’ll be playing for Sheffield Wednesday by then, obviously. But still. Nice to have a day out.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Looked ecstatic and delighted in the post match celebrations after the win on Sunday. Rangers are apparently interesting in signing him permanently in the summer.

Bwuk

Looked ecstatic and delighted in the post match celebrations after the win on Sunday. Rangers are apparently interesting in signing him permanently in the summer.
Wouldn't be surprised. McGregor is howling.

DownRiver

Can someone please tell me why we have a second goalkeeper? Is it just in case the no1 goalkeeper gets injured?

Sylar

It might be worth playing him, but then I thought it would have been worth it after the Sevilla game and mistakes.

Or he must be really horrific in training

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Madness to throw him in for the last few games or persist with a keeper whose head has gone and who has lost the confidence of his teammates?

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Can someone please tell me why we have a second goalkeeper? Is it just in case the no1 goalkeeper gets injured?
Basically. Now as for why we have two backup goalkeepers, both of whom sit on the bench every game... Well, that's another question.

Alemar

Pretty sure Butland will get his official debut against Fulham now.

Sylar

He must have been really really bad to not get a chance :nervous:

Good luck to him

tentan

Poor man's poster.
He's pretty decent isn't he? Surely good enough to play for a PL club.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
He's pretty decent isn't he? Surely good enough to play for a PL club.
Obviously not as Rangers was the best he could get as a free transfer. He’s a decent backup, sure, but understandably he wanted to prioritise playing. Happy for him.

dalriada

Good luck to him, sounds like a decent move. Curious the way his career has panned out - I remember seeing him (and Jason Steele, now at Brighton) in the GB team at the 2012 Olympics and thinking he could be a future England keeper. Both of them languished in the Championship and now they're seeing their careers recovering a decade later.

I couldn't understand why we signed him on loan, other than it was part of the tendency to have two backup keepers, even though they are hardly ever used (especially with ETH, who's stuck with DDG far more than Jose and Ole). He's at the tail end of a mess that was triggered when Henderson started demanding first team time - that led to us losing Romero, the best No 2 keeper in the EPL at the time, for no good reason, then having to bring in Heaton, then Dúbravka coming on loan and going back ........

Status
Not open for further replies.