Jack Grealish | Man City

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Proof that Man Utd is becoming more and more irrelevant with each passing transfer window. Top English players don't want to join anymore. City or Chelsea it is.
Obvious WUM is obvious.

1. Nothing to suggest we were even in for Grealish.
2. Sancho.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
15 years ago Fergie would have made sure he came to United. I couldn’t care less arguing about his ability, he’s an absolute baller and Old Trafford would have adored him.
100%. Was made for Old Trafford.

PeteManic

It's a move that no one can turn down. Double the money at the "best" club. But he'll be on the bench more than not. I wouldn't have turned it down.

CallyRed

15 years ago Fergie would have made sure he came to United. I couldn’t care less arguing about his ability, he’s an absolute baller and Old Trafford would have adored him.
Yep. Agree.
Would have totally been a Fergie signing. Does hurt a bit not seeing him in the red shirt.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
It's a move that no one can turn down. Double the money at the "best" club. But he'll be on the bench more than not. I wouldn't have turned it down.
I'll happily bet you any amount of money you like that the bold won't be the case.

They haven't spent 100m to strengthen their bench. Grealish will play, a lot.

mckenzie79

@pretzels8

So, Jason Sancho then?

Yeah, I thought so.

Last edited:

Charrockero

Supports
Chivas de Guadalajara
TBH, Grealish real value is in the range of 15 - 20 million euros...

117 million for a benchwarmer of the England national team who scored 7 goals last season is like hiting the jackpot for Aston Villa.

Obviously, Abu Dhabicester City paid this transfer fee with their insanely huge profit and are in accordance with FFP. Nothing suspicious.

SATA

Sorry, we're pretending the Fergie who didn't sign Hazard because of agent's fees would have spent 9 figures on Jack Grealish why?
You are right to be fair. Not sure why everyone is bleating on Fergie to sign him. An attempt to perhaps yes but not at that fee of 100M

Crustanoid

Looking at the promo pics on Twitter. Comes off as another attempt for the plastic, sportswashing, murderers to try to create some kind of football club fallacy. Football is dead.

GazTheLegend

Ridiculously surprised at the signing to be honest. It's the sort of signing we used to make, which is true - but City simply have better players in that position already, and already LET a better player go in Sane. Sterling, Mahrez, de Bruyne, FODEN, Ferran Torres... maybe they're not all exactly 'like for like' but still, seems odd to me. Have always (genuinely) rated Sancho and Foden higher. But who knows, I could be made to look a mug soon.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
gareth southgate’s fault for me. i think grealish realised he needed to go to a bigger club to fulfil his england ambitions.

FireballXL5

As a young boy Jack always dreamed of playing for the sportswashing gangsters from Abu Dhabi.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Grealish was only 10 years old 15 years ago so not too sure how well he would have done for us at the time.

SER19

Ridiculously surprised at the signing to be honest. It's the sort of signing we used to make, which is true - but City simply have better players in that position already, and already LET a better player go in Sane. Sterling, Mahrez, de Bruyne, FODEN, Ferran Torres... maybe they're not all exactly 'like for like' but still, seems odd to me. Have always (genuinely) rated Sancho and Foden higher. But who knows, I could be made to look a mug soon.
This is their modus operandi though, they just buy and buy and buy and have enough depth to actually win trophies with reserves. They've made the league cup a redundant competition for example

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Find this quite a strange video for him to come out and state candidly the fee and release clause etc.

Top statement, that. Cuts right to the crux of the transfer and will eliminate all unhelpful speculation over the coming days and weeks. Wish more club chairmen/top brass would follow suit.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Proof that Man Utd is becoming more and more irrelevant with each passing transfer window. Top English players don't want to join anymore. City or Chelsea it is.
Yep. Crazy how that literal phenomenon Jadon Sancho just ignored us and went straight to City and Chelsea on a double deal.

ThinkTank@Cafe

Sounds a bit racist. I know you didn’t mean it. But sounds like English are strictly white people with names like Jack and authentic surnames like Grealish.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Maguire and Sancho, not English?

pacifictheme

Obvious WUM is obvious.

1. Nothing to suggest we were even in for Grealish.
2. Sancho.
I would imagine we were as per the Aston villa chairman's statement but we're put off by the 100 million buy out clause / agreement.

Fluctuation0161

:lol:

We don't need someone who plays in Grealish position and we just signed Sancho.

Delete your account. :lol:

siw2007

Jack is a fantastic player, would have been a great fit for us. Not entirely sure where he fits in at City as they have loads of top players already in his position but they have an intimidating selection of creative players there. I still think Sancho is the more exciting buy though and adds more to us than Grealish does to City.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Whenever someone says "SAF would have done X", what they really mean is "I wanted us to do X".

Because if the reaction to some of SAF's actual transfer windows were anything to go by, whatever he'd actually be doing right now would likely annoy the shit out of those same posters.

Though we haven't signed a central midfielder this window, so on that front at least we're sticking to latter day SAF tradition.

swedishgloryhunter

Im getting a feeling our pr departement knew about the Messi deal and let varane wait a couple of days before flying to Manchester. This deal is really getting buried by the messi news.

Schnappo

Come on folks, don't bite on this. :lol: