Jack Grealish | Man City

ShinjiNinja26

This is another fraud that seems to escape criticism despite costing £100m and his best attribute seemingly being he “wins fouls”. While Antony’s been here 7 months and is getting pelters. :houllier:

Vapor trail

He's too slow. Should have moved to a team with a 10. But also he hasn't evolved, slows down the possession too much. Grealish and Mahrez (lesser extent) are the reason why Haaland was inefficient. They have no pace so can't stretch defences. Sterling is undoubtedly a big miss for them mostly systematically rather than the quality.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
He was probably city's most dangerous player tonight however Emerson (much abused as a player) got the better of him

Righteous Steps

How does the fact that he is an 100m failed signing go such under the radar, yet the likes of Anthony, Nunez and Lukaku and Pogba before them are constantly talked about?

Wheato

So far this season.

Marcus Rashford (free) - 19 goals and 8 assists
Jack Grealish (100m) - 2 goals and 3 assists

Idxomer

In isolation, he had a good game and was their most dangerous attacker. The problem he seems to be in a different game than his other teammates. Haaland is also not someone who will make his teammates look better if he isn't converting their passes into goals.

Pep bought in the last two summers two players for obscene money who don't suit his system.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
How does the fact that he is an 100m failed signing go such under the radar, yet the likes of Anthony, Nunez and Lukaku and Pogba before them are constantly talked about?
All about perspective I think. Me as a City fan who thinks Grealish has been fine but used a tad wrong will think that he gets a lot of unjustified criticism from people that doesn't watch him enough, while I will look at Antony with half an eye and consider him absolute shite and wonder why his price tag doesn't get more media coverage.

The truth is that both probably get equal amounts of justified and unjustified criticism from both media and fans

Mike Smalling

I don't understand Foden not getting more of a chance these days. Grealish does absolutely feck all.

eire-red

All about perspective I think. Me as a City fan who thinks Grealish has been fine but used a tad wrong will think that he gets a lot of unjustified criticism from people that doesn't watch him enough, while I will look at Antony with half an eye and consider him absolute shite and wonder why his price tag doesn't get more media coverage.

The truth is that both probably get equal amounts of justified and unjustified criticism from both media and fans
Do you think he should be in the middle as an advanced 8, like KDB and Silva type roles 2018-2020?

I think he's upset the balance because he's another player that wants the ball to feet and doesn't stretch the game enough or create enough chances for Haaland. Haaland needs a more traditional winger I think, like Sane down the left in his earlier days at City.

GlasgowCeltic

Do you think he should be in the middle as an advanced 8, like KDB and Silva type roles 2018-2020?

I think he's upset the balance because he's another player that wants the ball to feet and doesn't stretch the game enough or create enough chances for Haaland. Haaland needs a more traditional winger I think, like Sane down the left in his earlier days at City.
Pep tried that when he first signed and he was shite (included a defeat at Spurs)

SinNombre

Is this a troll attempt to ask the obvious? Only one of them in a white English player.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City

He has added a fair bit of tenacity to his game so I would like to see him in the Bernardo role where Bernardo is currently falling himself. He is not a David Silva in how he operates in the half-spaces or how he masters the final ball, but he is impossible to get the ball off and his dribbling would be a lot more effective from deep similiarily to Bernardo. His passing around the oppositions box is also great, but limited when out wide and with no overlapping full-back. His biggest asset is the way he transports the ball through the lines, he is so shackled on the wing.

Tbf this is all true for Mahrez as well, except that his shooting and crossing is way more developed and he is too weak defensiven to ever be a midfielder in our system, but he is wasted out wide the majority of time

Pep tried that when he first signed and he was shite (included a defeat at Spurs)
He has improved significantly in the defensive part of the game since then. He is also much more familiar with the system. Like Bernardo in 2018 he is a wide player destined to end up in the middle

Jericho

From what I've seen of him in the past he's a much better player than he's showing. But he's been neutered by Guardiola and he as much as said this in his interview after the title win last season where he acknowledged that his end product hadn't but said something along the lines of "Pep hates when we lose the ball so when i get the ball I'm thinking i can't lose this ball". Guardiola bought Grealish when what he really wanted was Pedro. Grealish at his best plays a bit off the cuff, he'd be better suited almost anywhere else.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I think he genuinely enjoys being fouled more than scoring or assisting. His play would infuriate me if he played for us.

Wheato

Antony has been getting pelters for weeks. Do you not listen to talk radio or football pundits on TV.

He is very raw, which is to be expected at 22, playing his first season in the PL. He's actually scored the same amount of goals as Grealish.

Wheato

I think he genuinely enjoys being fouled more than scoring or assisting. His play would infuriate me if he played for us.
Yes, that would send me round the bend. You are on the attack, progressing the ball down the pitch, players running into space, a possible 3 on 2 situation, then ball goes out to Grealish and he goes down like a sack of shite because a defender tried to tackle him. Stay on your feet and it's a definite goal. But instead we've got another free kick. Woo hoo.

Might be okay in the championship for Villa, but City don't need a free kick every 2 mins.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Antony has been getting pelters for weeks. Do you not listen to talk radio or football pundits on TV.

He is very raw, which is to be expected at 22, playing his first season in the PL. He's actually scored the same amount of goals as Grealish.
That is the point. Grealish has been getting slaughtered everywhere as well since his debut against Spurs last season and up to now. A United fan will notice the Antony criticism and a City fan will notice the Grealish stuff. They are both probably better than the narrative around them at the moment

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
That is the point. Grealish has been getting slaughtered everywhere as well since his debut against Spurs last season and up to now. A United fan will notice the Antony criticism and a City fan will notice the Grealish stuff. They are both probably better than the narrative around them at the moment
You'd expect Grealish to be better, he's 5 years older and played in the PL for far longer, it would make more sense to compare him to Bruno

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Grealish is white British. Will always get an easy ride with the press etc.

See the difference in Sterling and Rashford’s media treatment compared to say, Foden and Grealish.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Is this a troll attempt to ask the obvious? Only one of them in a white English player.
Why do you have to make it a about race? It has virtually nothing to do with him being white but everything to do with him being a city player

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Been on to this guy for a few years. He’s a good player, but he plays the game to win fouls first and foremost. Hazard was the same. Seems to be some sort of continuous exhibition of ‘look how hard it is to take the ball off me without bringing me down’ and then almost if I absolutely must, I will then think about doing something productive. Every Grealish game just seems to be a running commentary on how many times he’s been kicked. Getting kicked isn’t an achievement or the aim of the game.

He does have great quality, but I wonder about the mentality a bit. There was a point at Villa where he was a chance creating machine in addition to bundles of silk, ball retention etc, but his game has become almost playful to me.

Righteous Steps

Been on to this guy for a few years. He’s a good player, but he plays the game to win fouls first and foremost. Hazard was the same. Seems to be some sort of continuous exhibition of ‘look how hard it is to take the ball off me without bringing me down’ and then almost if I absolutely must, I will then think about doing something productive. Every Grealish game just seems to be a running commentary on how many times he’s been kicked. Getting kicked isn’t an achievement or the aim of the game.

He does have great quality, but I wonder about the mentality a bit. There was a point at Villa where he was a chance creating machine in addition to bundles of silk, ball retention etc, but his game has become almost playful to me.
The difference with him and Hazard is that Hazard wold run through teams with direct running and dribbling, his intention wasn't to get fouls, it was just that that was the easiest way to stop him when hes got going, Grealish dribbling isn't half as penetrative as Hazard's was.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
The difference with him and Hazard is that Hazard wold run through teams with direct running and dribbling, his intention wasn't to get fouls, it was just that that was the easiest way to stop him when hes got going, Grealish dribbling isn't half as penetrative as Hazard's was.
Grrealish reminds me of Lindelof sometimes in that they'd both fall over if a strong gust of wind passed by!

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
Simple, England international. Certain lads are off limits to the media and in fairness Rashford probably benefitted a bit from this last season. Just look at the media wankfest over Harry Kane today.