Jack Grealish | Man City

Crimson King

People will have their opinions but he's a better signing for them than Kane, imo. I'd much rather they have gone all in on that transfer.

I've rated Grealish for a long time and I'd be willing to bet his numbers shoot right up at City. In a years time people will be talking about him the way they do about De Bruyne. All that's changed will be that he plays with better players that finish chances, has more possession, and plays in Europe.

As you can probably tell I'm pretty annoyed. I know Sancho can play Rw but having watched them both a lot, Grealish was the one I wanted. I thought we were priced out at £120m+, but £100m isn't that much more than what we payed for Sancho. Sigh. Hoping Sancho tears it up and Grealish's injuries take a leaf out of De Bryune's book.
It's nearly £30m more, for an older player, who's favoured positions we're already stacked in.

We've signed the players we needed so far, no point in getting upset when our rivals splash out as well.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
People will have their opinions but he's a better signing for them than Kane, imo. I'd much rather they have gone all in on that transfer.

I've rated Grealish for a long time and I'd be willing to bet his numbers shoot right up at City. In a years time people will be talking about him the way they do about De Bruyne. All that's changed will be that he plays with better players that finish chances, has more possession, and plays in Europe.

As you can probably tell I'm pretty annoyed. I know Sancho can play Rw but having watched them both a lot, Grealish was the one I wanted. I thought we were priced out at £120m+, but £100m isn't that much more than what we payed for Sancho. Sigh. Hoping Sancho tears it up and Grealish's injuries take a leaf out of De Bryune's book.
Feel the same.

Crimson King

Thought De Gea is paid £375,000 per week = £19.5m per year?
There's no way DDG makes more than KDB. They're at least on par I'd imagine. I'm pretty sure City find a way of paying their players more without declaring it officially.

KDB wouldn't have renewed last year without being the best paid player in the league. He could have walked and gone anywhere and demanded whatever he wanted.

City have looked after him.

MileStolar

I wonder how they got up to that number, I mean he'd probably sign for them even if they gave him 150k p/w, it's not like he had an alternative.

Anyway massive massive signing for them, and I think he'll fit in quite well with Pep's system and their playing style.

I'm kinda sad about that though

pascell

There's no way DDG makes more than KDB. They're at least on par I'd imagine. I'm pretty sure City find a way of paying their players more without declaring it officially.

KDB wouldn't have renewed last year without being the best paid player in the league. He could have walked and gone anywhere and demanded whatever he wanted.

City have looked after him.
Not sure what KDB is on but DDG is on £375k a week.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
It's simple....

Pep or money....

ThinkTank@Cafe

I don’t get this transfer. My first though was that he is the next David Silva for City. But Gundogan is already occupying the Spanish’ role. Grealish is neither a winger, nor forward. He is a playmaker. Where will he play?

Eternitiy

15 years ago Fergie would have made sure he came to United. I couldn’t care less arguing about his ability, he’s an absolute baller and Old Trafford would have adored him.
100% yes. Ferguson wouldn't have rested until he got his man. Grealish was born to play for United.

Maybe this is best for the player, though. Guardiola is the best mentor he could hope for in a footballing world post-Ferguson.

Ekeke

SAF wouldnt have got him if he wasnt our main target, which Sancho has been for 2 years. When did we ever sign 2 huge signings where every premier league team would have wanted both players for huge fees? We would have 1 big target. We chose Sancho

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Good player but £100 million? Jesus. You can get 2 or 3 players for that money and strengthen the squad. It’ll only be worth it if they win the Champions League next season, although there’s never been a better time to do it with so many of the elite crumbling.

Chabon

Didn’t understand the demand he start for England, completely bemused by this.

He belongs at Spurs.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

I never ever want to hear Pep or any of that lot complaining about fees and wages ever again, holy feck what a windfall for him and Villa.

Almost certain the media pressure on him won't be anywhere near as bad as some of the other high profile signings we've seen lately
"City will never pay 100 million for a single player"
'City will never pay huge money for a single player, they will continue spending mid-tier money"
"City will never pay insane wages"
"Pep or Money"

Anyways it's a good signing as long as money is not a concern, which for City it isn't.

Last edited:

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Proof that Man Utd is becoming more and more irrelevant with each passing transfer window. Top English players don't want to join anymore. City or Chelsea it is.
Because previously every and all English player signed exclusively only for Manchester united.

dal

He is a phenomenon, barring injuries every one will see exactly why city have paid so much for him. He is going to take the absolute piss. I really wished he came to United.

I’ve been watching him for 7-8 years and he is just exquisite.

He has no problem breaking any defensive line, for me, he’s the most entertaining player in world football. I’ve seen people say he is better than Bruno and although Bruno is brilliant for us it’s hard to disagree but that comparison and argument will be clearer come the end of this season.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He is going to be great player for City, I am very much convinced about this.

Wonder who would be sacrificed to make place for him in the starting line up though. Foden?

In Rainbows

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Some people really do think he's Ronaldinho. :lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
15 years ago Fergie would have made sure he came to United. I couldn’t care less arguing about his ability, he’s an absolute baller and Old Trafford would have adored him.
We could never sign him and Sancho. I think we made the correct choice regardless of the hypthetical of what SAF would have done

amolbhatia50k

Try 2 years ago. Think then the quoted fee to you guys was 80m.
Even a year back I would have said 100 million is a joke fee. I still wouldn't have us pay it if he was offered to us.

meamth

How can you sign a player for 100 million, but the marketing is so...underwhelming?

The video is so lazy.

ghagua

I would have loved to clear our squad of the players that are not up to it or the ones who are not happy being here and gladly gone for Grealish and Kane. It would have made our squad capable of challenging for the title at least. But it's the usual crap, why get rid of 12 players, why would we spend so much. We need to spend to catch up to City that's why!

SoCross

They are stacked in those positions. Grealish to play as a 8 ?

amolbhatia50k

They are stacked in those positions. Grealish to play as a 8 ?
Either left wing or the 8 (David Silva role). I think the latter is more likely given Grealish puts in a shift (I think) and City have so many players on the left

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Gutted I have to hate him now. Prixk.

amolbhatia50k

Gutted I have to hate him now. Prixk.
Is it really different to the likes of Silva or Kante? Great players and excellent to watch too. Or KDB too, fanatastic player who I don't really dislike.

In fact I don't genuinely dislike many players currently at City. They're just part of that hollow farcade of a football club.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Is it really different to the likes of Silva or Kante? Great players and excellent to watch too. Or KDB too, fanatastic player who I don't really dislike.

In fact I don't genuinely dislike many players currently at City. They're just part of that hollow farcade of a football club.
Nah, he's a drink driver too, remember? He's easier to dislike. No one can hate Kante.

But in all seriousness, he is a super player and I'm interested to see how well he translates to City. I don't see him hitting £100m heights, but imagine he'll get an easier ride than Pogba does, for example.

Varun

Staff
He's pretty much one of my favorite players. It's been coming for a while but it's absolutely gutting to see him go to City. Think he'll absolutely tear it up there which will be a fecking shame because regardless of stats and end product, he's one of those players that make the game entertaining and gets fans off their seat. Would have been adored at OT.

Anyway, he's gone to City now so feck him. Hope he doesn't adapt to City and goes to shit

amolbhatia50k

Nah, he's a drink driver too, remember? He's easier to dislike. No one can hate Kante.

But in all seriousness, he is a super player and I'm interested to see how well he translates to City. I don't see him hitting £100m heights, but imagine he'll get an easier ride than Pogba does, for example.
Luckily for him he'll be in a much better team and under a top manager who will fit him in well.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Didn’t understand the demand he start for England, completely bemused by this.

He belongs at Spurs.
His hype started because Maddison's form fell off a cliff and people needed a new stick to Mount with.