Jack Grealish | Man City

AFC NimbleThumb

I am not trying anything, Grealish hasn't done half of what Pogba did in his carewr and he was criticised for every move on and off the pitch; and Grealish had far worse season than Pogba had in his first year here, he is getting pissed every week, and apparently it's funny:

I see no lies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I am not trying anything, Grealish hasn't done half of what Pogba did in his carewr and he was criticised for every move on and off the pitch; and Grealish had far worse season than Pogba had in his first year here, he is getting pissed every week, and apparently it's funny:

I mean, there’s an obvious answer why, and we all know what it is. They’ve headlined that article “6 reasons why Jack Grealish is becoming everyone’s favourite footballer” :lol:

BerryBerryShrew

Terrible take. Pogba gets hate for being awful on the pitch but believing that he's he's gods gift. Grealish doesn't get hate because he delivers onfield. Ronaldinho was famously unprofessional off the pitch, yet everyone adored him because he was brilliant on it. His skin colour was irrelevant.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Terrible take. Pogba gets hate for being awful on the pitch but believing that he's he's gods gift. Grealish doesn't get hate because he delivers onfield. Ronaldinho was famously unprofessional off the pitch, yet everyone adored him because he was brilliant on it. His skin colour was irrelevant.
Debatable

Idxomer

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The lies :lol:

KeanoMagicHat

I like Grealish but Pogba has had a far, far superior career than Grealish. I would say both of them have ego and do a lot of stuff off the pitch. Pogba delivered way more for United than Grealish for City in his first season. If Pogba was at City, he'd be playing 30 games a year as the icing on the top of the cake and would be adored like he is for France.

BerryBerryShrew

I like Grealish but Pogba has had a far, far superior career than Grealish. I would say both of them have ego and do a lot of stuff off the pitch. Pogba delivered way more for United than Grealish for City in his first season. If Pogba was at City, he'd be playing 30 games a year as the icing on the top of the cake and would be adored like he is for France.
I'm curious to what people think is controversial about saying that Grealish has delivered is. Grealish was brilliant for Villa (arguably PL POTS) moved to City and continued being the same player. It's not a stick to beat the guy with that he was signed to be something that he isn't. And he wasn't bad for City even within that context. Just not £100m good. Pogba on the other hand is literally a liability. For every quality through ball he provides he gives up multiple clear cut opportunities by thinking that he is press resistant, inviting contact from the opposition and losing possession in dangerous areas. That's when he is actually fit to play mind. Utterly infuriating.

I note as well that nobody addressed the Ronaldinho portion of what I said. He was miles more unprofessional than Grealish and universally beloved. Dwight Yorke was also never out of the tabloids for us and everyone liked him. Racism exists and the media has its biases, but pretending that Pogba is disliked due to his skin colour is childish and actually sets back reasonable discourse. Mané is an example of a prominent black player who is always bleaching streaks in his hair- where is the hate for him? None evident because he works hard and delivers where it matters.

Daily Star. It should need no further comment.

Pogba was intriguing when he first arrived from Juve. Coverage wasn't negative. The press turned on him like they will Grealish, but they are setting up to be far worse and Grealish is feeding them.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I see no lies.
You think Grealish did more in his career than Pogba? And you think he was good for City in his first season?

I don't see why are you mentioning it :confused:

cyberman

Pogbas career at Juve alone shits over Jacks one season at mid table Villa

Idxomer

I'm curious to what people think is controversial about saying that Grealish has delivered is. Grealish was brilliant for Villa (arguably PL POTS) moved to City and continued being the same player. It's not a stick to beat the guy with that he was signed to be something that he isn't. And he wasn't bad for City even within that context. Just not £100m good. Pogba on the other hand is literally a liability. For every quality through ball he provides he gives up multiple clear cut opportunities by thinking that he is press resistant, inviting contact from the opposition and losing possession in dangerous areas. That's when he is actually fit to play mind. Utterly infuriating.

I note as well that nobody addressed the Ronaldinho portion of what I said. He was miles more unprofessional than Grealish and universally beloved. Dwight Yorke was also never out of the tabloids for us and everyone liked him. Racism exists and the media has its biases, but pretending that Pogba is disliked due to his skin colour is childish and actually sets back reasonable discourse. Mané is an example of a prominent black player who is always bleaching streaks in his hair- where is the hate for him? None evident because he works hard and delivers where it matters.
I didn't know what to tell you if you think Grealish has delivered more in his career than Pogba and I'm someone who enjoyed the former a lot in Aston Villa. The bolded part is nonsense and not supported by any reality.

There are a lot of factors that went into the dislike Pogba got from the media. You think skin colour and having the wrong passport aren't among them but others obviously think otherwise and they're right.

BerryBerryShrew

You think Grealish did more in his career than Pogba? And you think he was good for City in his first season?

I don't see why are you mentioning it :confused:
I think Grealish did infinitely more for Villa than Pogba did for United. And I think he was good for City last season. Not brilliant. And not anything that they couldn't have gotten from the players they already had when they threw £100m at Villa to sign him. But ultimately fine. He was a strange signing for such a system oriented team but he's an excellent player. Sort of like the inverse of Sancho who is a brilliant system player who was thrown in and expected to be an individual last year. He'll be fantastic for us this year. Grealish may or may not be fantastic for Citeh next year (as they'll presumably still be trying to make him into a player he isn't) and if he's not, Chelsea will probably sign him and make him their new Hazard. He's quality.

As for why I'm mentioning it, I was under the impression from your posts that the difference in treatment between Grealish and Pogba by the media was due to racism which I strongly disagreed with- maybe I misinterpreted it and if so I apologise.

BerryBerryShrew

I didn't know what to tell you if you think Grealish has delivered more in his career than Pogba and I'm someone who enjoyed the former a lot in Aston Villa. The bolded part is nonsense and not supported by any reality.

There are a lot of factors that went into the dislike Pogba got from the media. You think skin colour and having the wrong passport aren't among them but others obviously think otherwise and they're right.
The media's portrayal of Sterling at the outset of his career was an example of clear racism. However, I don't think the media piling in on Pogba was. Pogba (or at least Pogba when he pulled on a United jersey) had enormous deficiencies in his game and crucially gave the impression that he didn't really care or try very hard. It really isn't difficult to see why the media didn't like him- for the same reasons why I and a lot of United fans didn't like him. A lot of people have been moaning about McTominay (who's terrible) and Fred (who will be brilliant under ETH) but nobody piles in on them too much because they at least try their best. You need to be performing at a very high level to get away with being nonchalant on the pitch and Pogba was eternally disappointing for us.

Nero

His talent was nowhere near £100m. On top of that he's a pisshead.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Unbelievable how nothing is being madr of this.
£100m flop.
"Generational talent".

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
£100m flop.
Honestly I think it’s his off field antics which have put Pep off. It’s also what discouraged us for buying him two summers running.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Grealish had a free role, he was never going to play his best role on a strict role.

If he does leave I'm sure he will shine again.
Much lower down the table, yes. Any top team with strict tactical instructions won’t indulge Grealish because he simply doesn’t score or assist enough to merit such a free role. You’ve got to be Messi/Neymar like levels for that sort of stuff.

SER19

The hysteria over United signing Antony for 84m. This guy is a 100m pound sub

MDFC Manager

For any normal club, absolutely. For a club who wanted him for depth/rotation and didn’t really care about the price, probably not.
Highly doubt they wanted him for rotation. Convenient they call him that when it's turned out he's not good enough to start

Halftrack

For any normal club, absolutely. For a club who wanted him for depth/rotation and didn’t really care about the price, probably not.
Even City doesn't pay £100m for depth/rotation.
£100m flop.
"Generational talent".
He's a very good player in the right setup, but I'm still confused as to how people managed to convince themselves he was/is a generational talent. Players like him come along on the regular, there's nothing really special about him.

predator

Youth NITK
So glad we didn't get him. To be brutally honest I was in favour of us signing him before he joined city. He is a great player but never a 100 million player.